Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / BlueIDE 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 08:13
Yep I got that and it works now, Thanks and it looks great, I haven't found anything wrong yet or any suggestions but I will let you know if I find anything. Thanks.

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 17:03 Edited at: 14th Sep 2008 23:18
Balid: what do you plan for next release ? some special features ? In my opinion, you IDE is better than others on this forum.

what about this ? (this is image somewhere from forum )

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 15:00 Edited at: 14th Sep 2008 15:03
aaa, bug ! Compiling works fine, only coloring is messed up.

Screenshot attached

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 07:43 Edited at: 15th Sep 2008 07:44
Quote: "what about this ?"

May be. (and I won't ask where you got that screenshot )

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2008 12:52
Balid: yes, please, dont ask

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2008 05:34
When you type commands that have another command in them (like make object box, for example) the help thing at the bottom displays info for the last command in them (like box, in make object box) and it gets somewhat annoying.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 16:27
For the context sensitive help stuff I also find sometimes keyboard navigation doesn't update it. I need to click on the command with the mouse.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 14:07 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 14:14
A chime on successful compile or error would be great. My project takes long enough to compile that I'll end up forgetting about it while I screw around with other stuff.

Also, the problem with 'get ptr to function' registering as functions on the list is still there. You probably just didn't get to it yet, thought I'd mention it anyway.

I love that user functions highlight in dark red. The declared variables in blue makes everything look rather... blue. Could we have the option to change the colors of the user declared items?

Fantastic editor, it makes navigating and searching my code very easy.

Come see the WIP!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 17:45 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 17:48
Cash-

What do you mean exactly by declared variables? My variables are set to be black and in italics. Helps with typos for non-UDTs. The "as integer" portion is blue because it's a keyword. Is that what you mean?

Quote: "I love that user functions highlight in dark red."

This was the #1 feature on my list of IDE functionality, because I like colorful code. I think it's the coolest thing and since I use 99.9% functions it helps to distinguish functions from commands. It doesn't have to be dark red you can change the colors in editor preferences or color/styles menu.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 19:42 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 19:46
All of my arrays and declared variables are blue, is what I meant to say. I have lots and lots of UDT arrays so it looks a bit cluttered.

I've looked at the color preferences. Is's 'Tag Attribute Names' for those declared things. It just didn't look like anything to me. Thanks for getting me to look again

Come see the WIP!
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 20:03
Yeah the color sections have some weird labels because I believe they are tied directly to the editor object he's using. So there's some HTML type references in there that really correspond to functions, variables, etc for us. Maybe it will change with his new BlueIDE3 or whatever Balid is working on these days...

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2008 06:06 Edited at: 29th Sep 2008 06:07
Quote: "Maybe it will change with his new BlueIDE3 or whatever Balid is working on these days..."

Yes, the naming convention for coloring should be user friendly in R22 and in Indigo (BlueIDE2 meets .Net (a more or less complete rewrite))

R22 will be the last for BlueIDE2 and may be out in a week or two. Look for feature requests and other bug fixes not in R22 to be in the new IDE.

Regards,

Lover of games
Years of Service
User Offline
Having an error on Vista saying that some of cmctl32.OCX or one of it's dependencies is missing or not registered right, what do i do?

"Originally I was going to have a BS on it but you know how that would be. I can't walk around with the letters BS on me." More or less a qoute by Syndrome from Jack, Jack, attack
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 15:05
Lover of games: Get into System files directory in BlueIDE folder, and start Install.bat

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2008 21:21
If you open a DB file by double clicking its icon. BlueIDE opens but it opens the last file you edited, not the one you just clicked on

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2008 21:36
I have found a bug.

in windows, make new text file, rename it to test.dba, open it with blueide, click on save. Save project window appears. Write filename test.dbpro, hit enter ... whooa error

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2008 23:27
Hi Balid,

I just installed you last version of blueIde ant it seems that is not anymore compatible with the last version of DBPRO (i.e. 7).

When I tried to compile some code I obtained the following error message (in french, as it is displayed on my pc) with a crash of the IDE:
- Erreur d'execution '9'. Indice en dehors de la plage.

I tried so to compile the code with the previous version of blueIde I got and the matter stays the same.

Moreover, the code is well compiled and runned with the IDE version that is distributed with the last DBPro update.

Regarding the code I tried it is quite simple:
do
print "test"
syns
loop

My PC specs are the following:
Intel Dual Core 2.8 ghz
3Go RAM
Windows XP SP3
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (Saphirre HD 2600 pro) with 512 mo RAM.

However, the IDE itsel looks better and better with the new features you added since my last post (i.e. I assume 2 years).

Regards

Michel

Michel
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 01:55 Edited at: 8th Nov 2008 03:52
Mika,

I'm using BlueIDE 2.22 with DBPro v1.07 with no errors. I did have to change one of my variable names because it was in conflict with a new function in v1.07 other than that and remove the "dbp_config.dll" from the BlueIDE 2 folder I did nothing else.

I use to have XP SP3 but removed it as I didn't like the fact that it removes the Address bar as an option from Toolbar list. I did remove SP3 before v1.07 and I don't know if that is the issue (but I doubt it).

Could you post a screen shot of the error?

Regards,

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 12:19 Edited at: 8th Nov 2008 12:47
For sure Balid,

Here it is:

As you can see the code is really quite simple and the compilation works fine with others IDEs that are the DB Pro official one and the CodeSurge one ... and at the end I tried also the synergy IDE, and it works also ...

In any case many thanks for your help

Regards

Michel

Michel
Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 13:13
Balid,

One more clue for the matter I encounter with BlueIDE :
- the tool needs to be executed with administrative rights and it is not the case with others IDEs.

May be the matter is linked to this fact.

For instance, what ever the location I install blueIDE, and whatever the customisation I made (i.e. option settings for paths), the result is the same:
- if i lauch the blueIDE tool with user rights, the compilation is aborted as the system tell me that my privileges are insufficient, then the blueIDE is closed.
- if I launch the blueIDE tool with administrative rights, the error is the one described in the previous post.

I hope that this indication will help you, as I clearly would like to continue to work with your fantastic work result that is BlueIDE.

Regards

Michel

Michel
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 16:41 Edited at: 8th Nov 2008 16:47
Mika,

Thank you for the screenshot it help me narrow down my search. Please try turning the "Option Explicit" option off.

I got the same error message as you when I turned it on.

I will look futher into why "Option Explicit" is erroring.

Regards,

Mika
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2008 17:34
Thanks Balid,

When 'Option Explicit' is not checked the compilation and execution works fine.

It seems so that this defect is closely linked to variable declaration checking feature. So I made some use case testing on my side with Option Explicit checked:

1°/ if a add a dummy variable at the begining of the code:
a as integer
do
print "test"
sync
loop
--> it works but with a warning message indicating me that some variables are not declared. This seems logical as I did not use any of the DIM, GLOBAL or LOCAL keywords to declare my variable a.

2°/ if a add two dummy variables at the begining of the code:
a as integer
b as integer
do
print "test"
sync
loop
--> it does not work anymore. The result is the one I raised perviously (i.e. blueIDE crash).

3°/ if a add a dummy variable at the begining of the code with declaration reserved keyword (DIM, GLOBAL or LOCAL):
global a as integer
do
print "test"
sync
loop
--> it does not work anymore. The result is the one I raised perviously (i.e. blueIDE crash).

4°/ if a add two dummy variables at the begining of the code with declaration reserved keyword (DIM, GLOBAL or LOCAL):
global a as integer
global b as integer
do
print "test"
sync
loop

Hoping, it will help you in your tool enhancement.

Moreover, is there anyway to launch the IDE but without the administrative rights as I use different accounts on my machine (i.e. admin for software installation and parametrisation and user for regular use)

Regards

Michel

Michel
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2008 11:29
I've tested the last version with DBPro 6.6 (i need this vers because i have to compile FPSC source). It gives me, either with Option Explicit or not, an error on the first line of source (actually a REM line) ... sort of

--> Variable DBP1 not declared

I haven't the screenshot in this very moment, but if it's needed i post it in few hours (now i'm at work).
Tx.

Riccardo
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 03:19 Edited at: 12th Nov 2008 03:24
Mika,

Thank you for the examples. I think I have fixed (or least stopped) the "Option Explicit" error. [edit]Fixed is not accurate but stopped is. Now I don't an warning when I should. Back to the drawing board.[/edit]

Quote: "is there anyway to launch the IDE but without the administrative rights"

Not that I'm currently aware of.

DarthBasicVader,

Please post a screenshot when you can. I do find them very informative. Have you tried compiling your code in any of the other IDE's?

Regards,

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2008 08:13
The source works in the native dbpro ide and in sinergy. Here is the screenshot[img]null[/img]

Riccardo

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 01:25
DarthBasicVader, Thank you for the screenshot. Could you however show the first lines of the code. I want to be able to see how they appear in BlueIDE 2 to help with debugging.

Thanks and regards,

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2008 10:17
it's a REM line (the first remmed line of the fps creator source code).
I'll provide however a screenshot in a few hours ..
Tx Balid

Riccardo
DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 17:06
Here is the additional screenshot. Tx

Riccardo

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 20:23
DarthBasicVader,

Thank you. I believe that if you looked at the fullsource.dba you will see that it contains the dbpro file as well. Not sure how that's happening but at least I think I have enough info to start looking.

Regards,

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2008 21:52 Edited at: 29th Nov 2008 21:55
I'm just trying our this editor again - it was a long time ago that I tried it. This version is very impressive and I think I may swap to using this as my default for a while.

That said, I've got two problems with it:
1. It completely rewrites the project file, even when you haven't changed anything, and loses any information in the original that Blue IDE doesn't understand.

There are two problems with this
- first is that there is soon-to-be standard extra settings in the file (when synergy becomes the standard editor) that are lost. You'll need to deal with these sometime in the future.
- second is that it is highlighted as a changed file in my source control system (I use Tortoise CVS & Tortoise SVN).

2. That Icon - sorry, it isn't the prettiest icon I've ever seen but can you at least make the white bits transparent so that it isn't so glaring on my non-white desktop?

[EDIT]
Oops, spotted one more...

3. Functions being identified when they aren't functions.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Here you go, IanM. It's not a very good icon but maybe it will look better on your background than it does on mine.

Attachments

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 01:38 Edited at: 1st Dec 2008 01:39
IanM,
Quote: "1. It completely rewrites the project file ..."
I found that out myself fairly recently while investigating 'DarthBasicVader' (which I still haven't figured out). I'm sure that I can change BlueIDE 2 to only update the dbpro when there are changes. If I know what those new standard extra settings were I'd be glad to put those in.

Quote: "2. That Icon - sorry, it isn't the prettiest icon I've ever seen "

Fixed...well kind of. It's transparent now (and I see that Mistrel has uploaded something similar).

Quote: "3. Functions being identified when they aren't functions."

Yep, I have an idea on how to fix it but have not got a chance to put it in.

Regards,

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 01:04
Thanks for the icon Mistral - it looks good quite good.

I'm enjoying using this editor - of all the available editors, I find this gives me the most screen space for editing, and it's fast too.

Some more niggles though...

First, the f1 help for the current command isn't great - it seems to look just at the current/last word and grab the help from that, where it may be better to actually parse the current line function by function to determine the actual current and full function name.

Secondly, I can't shift-click to select from the existing cursor position to the newly clicked cursor position. Not really a show-stopper, but it's unexpected as most editors of all types allow you to do this.

Lastly, and a little more of a problem, is that the editor will simply crash out when the screensaver triggers. If you know about the FullSourceDump.dba, you can reconstitute code back to the last compile, but if not, you lose all edits. I'm using Vista home if that makes any difference.

The extra bits of config are:
RemoveSafetyCode=No
SafeArrays=Yes
LocalTempFolder=No
ExternaliseDLLS=No

The values shown are also their defaults.
I'm not sure whether they need to be written to the compiler/setup.ini file when compiling or not, or whether it's enough to just have them in the project file, but Lee can probably give you the steer on that if you email him.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 06:56 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2008 07:02
IanM,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying BlueIDE2. Your first two points are already on the "To Fix" list. But thank you for reminding me (note to self - put these at top of list, right after 'Save project files only if changed'). The last one may be more related to running BlueIDE2 on Vista. I will test on my Vista machine later.
Quote: "If you know about the FullSourceDump.dba, you can reconstitute code back to the last compile, but if not, you lose all edits."

Are you aware of the auto save option in BlueIDE2? I always have this set at 5 minutes and "Save on Compile" (though I can understand why some would have this turned off).

Also thank you for the "extra bits". If I remember correctly the "compiler/setup.ini" will need to updated. I know that there has been a few asking to have an ide update those. I've not included that in BlueIDE2 yet as there really did not seem to be a real demand for it. Another consideration is that users would need those setting changed on a project by project basis, so they would have to be stored somewhere. Logically that would be in the dbpro file. But users switch between ide's. So if BlueIDE2 was the only ide to store/use that information I presumed that it would be lost once the file was opened by another ide. If however, this functionality is also going to be in the new DBPro IDE then I have no worries on adding it.

Regards,

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 15:32
I've seen the F1 help issue and it has gotten better over the past few releases I think. Sometimes clicking on the function will reset it and point to the correct function but I don't know if this is just a coincidence or not. Moving around via arrow keys produces mixed results.

Rewriting the dbpro file every time is a little odd but I can think of one case where it is good to have it refreshed. If you import someone's project and stick it in your own directory structure, loading that project in BlueIDE will rewrite the mediapath= line to be whatever directory the dbpro file is in. Maybe all editors do this but I find this handy. So perhaps it can just be a little more sensitive and only update the dbpro file if something has changed (like the directory structure). Just my 2 cents.

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2008 19:51
Quote: "I always have this set at 5 minutes and "Save on Compile""

Switched off, mainly because it messes with the source control systems. I could live with the save on compile, if it only saved when the file had changed, and if the screensaver crash didn't occur.

Quote: "If I remember correctly the "compiler/setup.ini" will need to updated"

Synergy (which uses this functionality), already does modify these settings - it's also going to become the default IDE, but although I've used it for almost a month now, I was having issues with the indentation and it adding extra spaces/tabs everywhere, the limited undo, and that I couldn't set 'non-standard' display sizes. Those first two are pretty much inexcusable in an editor today.

Anyway, I eagerly await the next release

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 02:13
IanM,

I tried BlueIDE2 at work today (my Vista machine) and it never crashed. I don't believe that there is a real difference between Vista Home and Vista Business (as far as this test is concerned). One thing I did need to do get it work at all was recompile BlueIDE2. I've attached that new compile. Please let me know if you get the same results.

My intent for saving files on compile will be to only save the files that have changed. So if nothing changed in the left panel (after loading a project or the first compiling) then the project file would not be rebuilt. This would also help reduce the time between clicking on "Compile" and the actual compile starting.

Quote: "Synergy (which uses this functionality), already does modify these settings"

Ah, thank you for the update. I didn't realize that John Y had actually implemented the modifying of the "compiler/setup.ini". I will re-look at the dbpro files that Synergy produces to see if he is storing the data.

Regards,

Attachments

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 14:37
A little further investigation shows that it's when the password protection kicks in after the screensaver resumes that causes the problem. The same happens when I manually lock the PC (Windows-L).

The new program has the same issue too.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 20:48
IanM,

Sorry, but I tried that as well. But I can not duplicate the crashing. I will try again on a friends computer that has Vista Home on it and it has never had BlueIDE on it. I hope that will be close enough to your environment to produce the error. I believe you are using the "English" version and you are an admin on our machine?

Regards,

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 23:23
Yes, local admin, Home premium, fully patched up pre-SP1, UK English.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 18:10 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 18:15
IanM, try subclassing the window and blocking the various messages sent to the window after locking and restoring the screen. Maybe you can narrow it down that way.

Balid, my biggest gripe with BlueIDE is that is doesn't save the window position and size of the last closed window. I don't like that it always starts up maximized when I keep it in a window.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 23:22
Quote: "Balid, my biggest gripe with BlueIDE is that is doesn't save the window position and size of the last closed window."

Easy enough to add. Expect to see it in the next release.

IanM, I've not had a chance to test on my friends computer yet, but hopefully still this weekend. I have added the shift + click selection.

Regards,

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, Balid!

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 02:13
Release 22 has been posted

Change log:
-* Added some extra checks as Option Explicit fails if no variables are declared
- control + / = multiline comment with //
- control + shift + / = multiline uncomment (provided that line is commented with //)
- changed icon to one with transparency
- added shift + click will select from the caret position to where you click
- added a new Colorize tab to the IDE Options
- files now only save if they have been modified

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=90345

Regards,

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 15:09
Thanks - everything seems to be working as advertised

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 15:34 Edited at: 13th Dec 2008 15:36
Downloading now...

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2008 22:35 Edited at: 14th Dec 2008 22:37
Resizing the window fails if you move the mouse too quickly. Have a look at SetCapture from the Win32 API to trap all messages until the mouse is released. I don't know how this is done in VB or if you use MFC.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646262.aspx

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2008 04:13
Quote: "Resizing the window fails if you move the mouse too quickly."
I think what your experiencing is the resizing stopping if you get too small. I actively stop the resizing to prevent the controls getting too small and sometimes crashing.

I'll take a look at the SetCapture.

(By the way, BlueIDE and BlueIDE2 are coded in VB6).

Regards,

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I see what the problem is. Your code to limit the size of the window is stopping the resize action for both width and height even if only one dimension has reached its minimum. So I can have a very wide window but if it gets too short then it stops resizing the width as well.

Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 03:51
Mistrel, correct. Not the best, but it does work for what I was intending it to do.

Regards,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:31:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:31:15