Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [STICKY] The Posting Competition

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 00:59 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 01:00
@Dar13 - We haven't seen you on Discord at all. Are you ever going to join?

page
\"Windows 10 doesn\'t only include spyware, it is designed as spyware\" -- Gaius Publius, The Big Picture RT Interview
\"[...] we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary\" -- Windows 10 Privacy Statement
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 01:01
@TheComet
Discord?

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 01:15
Dar 13 Guy wrote: "That's bollocks, to borrow an English expression. Only previously faulty or otherwise fragile cards without proper thermal control in the BIOS were affected if they were at all. Just because some cards failed during this period doesn't mean all of them were due to the driver upgrade. The blow up about Crimson is all FUD. The driver was also patched almost immediately Monday morning. Meanwhile Nvidia hasn't been stable for months on Windows with consistent hard driver crashes but they don't get half the bad PR."

True, I just did a bunch of Googling after the fact and it was apparently less than 1% of total cards that were actually affected, and that was only if the card actually failed to send any sort of warning to the system (or the player's ignored it anyway). It was also, as you said, only the ones that were previously faulty. Thankfully, my R9 280X was apparently one of the brands and models completely unaffected.

Apparently this same thing happened in 2013 with the GTX 600 series, where many cards were damaged with a similarly bad driver update that also locked fans to only run at 20-25% their normal speed. So this is a problem both companies have had to deal with.

I must say, the Crimson software is a HUGE upgrade over the previous Catalyst system that looked and operated like something from 2005...

Interestingly, when I compared the 390X to the GTX 980, it came out ahead according to gpuboss.com, and various YouTube videos. It's also almost $200 cheaper. I think I shall go with that

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 01:17
Quote: " Interestingly, when I compared the 390X to the GTX 980, it came out ahead according to gpuboss.com, and various YouTube videos. It's also almost $200 cheaper. I think I shall go with that "

At this point we should call you Flapjack Jer instead of Yodaman.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 01:20
Quote: "@TheComet
Discord?

"

https://discord.gg/0dyvXgU4Kv6us8z7
\"Windows 10 doesn\'t only include spyware, it is designed as spyware\" -- Gaius Publius, The Big Picture RT Interview
\"[...] we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary\" -- Windows 10 Privacy Statement
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 01:31
Quote: "At this point we should call you Flapjack Jer instead of Yodaman. "

Haha yeah that's probably fair

I mean, I do tend to flip-flop between things, usually because just as I have finally made up my mind, I discover something about the other thing that completely changes it, or keeps it in a state of flux. Sometimes weighing pros and cons is the biggest con about whatever it is you're weighing the pros and cons of.

But in this case, I shall definitely buy the 390X, as it is cheaper, and it has rave reviews. Specifically, this model by MSI is the one that I would get. I mean, just look at how solidly designed that thing is!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 03:33
Did somebody mention JK-flip-flops?

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 04:02
Those flip flops really are just a joke
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 10:36 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 10:39
Quote: "The reason I have those videos looking like that, is that an overpolished look may look great, but you can't connect with me as a personal person. You probably would have looked at me as your standard youtube blogger. I got the idea from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD2oO3PQs70 . It's because your uncle would have filmed videos like that and you would know he is a real person. So I'm filmming it naturally as if it was not a movie or film or documentary, but as if I'm helping you and sharing my experiences. Yes he did not use a cell phone vertically, but you get my point."

Personally when I see a YouTube tutorial in portrait orientation I think, "Oh great, this guy has no idea what he's talking about" and promptly close the video (unless it's something niche like doing the tissue, straw and tape mod for the PS2 and I can't find another video). That's just how I feel

Quote: "For those who are interested: Yeees, I got my little engine fully reassembled and running again. Here's a little video I made of it running:"

Awesome! That's a cool little engine! Definitely want to see it used for something!

Quote: "Some people like to use friction drives"

Ugh. So.... hacky. Definitely use a belt or (preferably) a chain.

Quote: "A basic chain system would then carry the power down to the wheel... I could give the engine its own chain system with a derailleur, or I could link the engine over to the existing derailleur system... But that's likely to be replaced anyway. Oh the possibilities! If I do it right, I could keep foot pedaling capability. Add a good muffler and a cover over the engine, and nobody'd even know I was riding a motorcycle!"

After you suggested making a powered bicycle out of your engine (or was that me? can't remember) I started looking at making my own powered bike, but from an electric motor, so I know all about working out theoretical ways to get the motor power to the wheels! There are quite a lot of ways to do it. The only reason I haven't pursued the idea of an electric-assisted bike is that while I can get a 200W electric motor (the maximum legal size for general electric-assisted bikes) off eBay for $50 (not bad at all), a full-size 10Ah lithium battery designed for bikes is about $260 (eek!). However I did see someone run an electric bike off two large RC lithium batteries, and those would be a bit cheaper. Will continue to look into this idea in future

Quote: "Oh where art thou Clonkex!"

Working, and too lazy to take on the mammoth task of reading and replying to lots of forums posts!

Quote: "Fixed my engine issue! My suspicion of fuel delivery problems was correct, but I was looking too hard -- it was out of gas."

LOL hahahaha *facepalm*

Quote: "It also shoots blue flames sometimes, which is startling in the most exquisite of ways."

Haha I really like the wording of that!

Quote: "So my brother and I recently obtained an older PC that we are going to turn into a custom media server. We're gonna slap Linux on there (probably just Ubuntu since it's the easiest to install and use right out of the digital box), and more than likely set up a personal Minecraft server as well."

In our experience Linux wasn't worth the trouble. Windows 8 ended up doing a way better job without all the unnecessary fuss and bother of Linux. To be clear: Lubuntu worked (mostly - graphics drivers are a nightmare), but it was tonnes of effort to maintain due to everything relying so heavily on command line.

Quote: "So I got the ring yesterday. This is what it looks like in person!"

Ooh wow! I've never really had a girlfriend so I can't even imagine proposing to someone! Must be nerve-racking and exciting at the same time!

Quote: "How about we have some democracy on this forum."

Honestly Zach you have the strangest way of writing. I mostly have no idea what you're going on about. You seem so formal all the time and it's like you feel we're all behaving in an unusual manner.

Quote: "I was having a moment today. If a mod could kindly edit my post that would be great. Still I would like moderators to be moderated."

You do realise you can edit your own posts to your heart's content, right?

Quote: "Meanwhile Nvidia hasn't been stable for months on Windows with consistent hard driver crashes but they don't get half the bad PR."

Since when? I've had no such issues.

Quote: "I must say, the Crimson software is a HUGE upgrade over the previous Catalyst system that looked and operated like something from 2005..."

Wait, what? Crimson is a replacement for Catalyst Control Centre (CCC)? I hope so, because we have a couple of AMD laptops and CCC has always been fairly rubbish.

Quote: "At this point we should call you Flapjack Jer instead of Yodaman."

I wouldn't. I'd call him Pancake Jer. Flapjack is a silly name.

Quote: "Did somebody mention JK-flip-flops?"

Yes. I tried to make one in Binarray but it didn't work due to a bug. Also, I now plan to post an image like that at some point on a programming forum (this one, maybe?) in place of a normal "jk". Yes, this will be fun...

----------------------------------

Quick question to any Americans: Do your shopping trolleys "stack"? That is, when you push one trolley into the back of another, does the back of the front trolley fold up and allow the rear one to slide inside? (Stop it. Stop giggling. That's not as weird as it sounds.) I passed a lady today at the shops after work and I'm sure she was saying the backs of American trolleys don't fold, but I'm not convinced because of the ridiculous amount of space they would take up...

EDIT: This photo pretty accurately shows what our trolleys look like (I don't know about over there, but in Australia 99% of shopping trolleys look identical except for the handle colour/branding):

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 11:21
Clonky Boy wrote: "Do your shopping trolleys "stack"?"

Yes, who on earth would design a trolley/cart in such a manner as to not fold and stack? That woman was nuts. Heck I even googled the it real quick and found some pictures, although they're so low-res you can't hardly see the carts, but I can assure you that not only do they stack, but they stack about as well as anything else that can stack horizontally, and has four wheels attached to it.

Clonky Boy ALSO wrote: "Ooh wow! I've never really had a girlfriend so I can't even imagine proposing to someone! Must be nerve-racking and exciting at the same time!"

It's not quite as nerve-wracking as you'd expect, honestly. Of course, I might be nervous when the night comes, but as it stands right now I can't wait to propose.

It's funny because if you had told me a year ago that I would want to propose to my girlfriend I probably would have laughed and said "in a few years maybe". But now I've been planning it for a couple of months!

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 12:35
Quote: "It's not quite as nerve-wracking as you'd expect, honestly."

Dangit, I spelled "nerve-wracking" wrong
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 14:10
Quote: "EDIT: This photo pretty accurately shows what our trolleys look like (I don't know about over there, but in Australia 99% of shopping trolleys look identical except for the handle colour/branding):"

The ones here in France are pretty much the German ones in that picture.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 16:04
Quote: " Since when? I've had no such issues."

As always with most driver issues it only plagues a minority of users, but it's been a known and persistent issue for a while now. I believe it is worst on Windows 10.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2015 23:01 Edited at: 4th Dec 2015 23:05
Quote: "Awesome! That's a cool little engine! Definitely want to see it used for something!"
Thanks! And heck yeah, I'd love to see it used too. Ever since I got it as a young child, I've dreamt of putting it on a go kart or something... With my bike project, that might become a reality!

Quote: "Ugh. So.... hacky. Definitely use a belt or (preferably) a chain."
I totally agree. The system I am currently thinking of using (this is like my 4th generation thought model for how I want to hook the thing up lol) is a primarily chain driven system with a little 3 or 4 gear transmission made with belts and pulleys. The system would do away with a clutch (the centrifugal ones are great but may wear out too fast with my preferred gearing, and the manual ones are crazy expensive). The transmission would be constructed similar to a manual transmission, with two shafts (input and output) aligned parallel alongside one another, each with variously sized belt pulleys anchored along its length. Each pair of pulleys would be linked by a loose belt, tightened by a tensioner pulley that is controlled by the shift lever on the front of the bike. This should be a simple, easy and cheap to construct, bullet proof system that should provide a nice range of gear ratios, as well as providing clutch functionality (you would get going by applying some throttle and slowly pressing the shift lever into first, as if it were a reversed clutch pedal).

The neat motorize bike this guy created is what inspired my transmission idea:

Looks like he has to hold down the pedal to keep it in gear; hopefully I can manage to create a shifter that springs into place and stays where it needs to.

My current plan calls for four different gear ratios, the lowest one having a top speed of 5.14 mph (8.27 kph) but 156.88 pounds (697.84 N) forward force, which could take me up a hill or two. The highest ratio has a top speed of 30 MPH (48.28 kph) but would only produce 26.9 pounds (119.66 N) forward force, hopefully enough to maintain the bike's speed.

Quote: "I started looking at making my own powered bike, but from an electric motor, so I know all about working out theoretical ways to get the motor power to the wheels! There are quite a lot of ways to do it."
Oh sweet! That sounds like a neat project too. I presume an electric motor, lacking things like significant torque and power curves, wouldn't benefit much from multiple gear ratios (which is more convenient). On the other hand, range and grunt force are more limited. Still a neat project! Here in the states, electric bikes get off much more easily on the regulations than do gas powered ones.

Quote: "Working, and too lazy to take on the mammoth task of reading and replying to lots of forums posts!"
Haha I totally get how that is!

Quote: "Haha I really like the wording of that!"
You know, I've never received two separate complements on the way I worded a sentence before! *achievement unlocked*
"It also shoots blue flames sometimes, which is startling in the most exquisite of ways." -- Self
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 02:51
Quote: "The transmission would be constructed similar to a manual transmission, with two shafts (input and output) aligned parallel alongside one another, each with variously sized belt pulleys anchored along its length. Each pair of pulleys would be linked by a loose belt, tightened by a tensioner pulley that is controlled by the shift lever on the front of the bike. This should be a simple, easy and cheap to construct, bullet proof system that should provide a nice range of gear ratios, as well as providing clutch functionality (you would get going by applying some throttle and slowly pressing the shift lever into first, as if it were a reversed clutch pedal)."

Huh, that's a cool idea for a transmission! Should work really well, too!

Quote: "I presume an electric motor, lacking things like significant torque and power curves, wouldn't benefit much from multiple gear ratios (which is more convenient). On the other hand, range and grunt force are more limited."

Yes, power is more limited, but not by that much and only due to the laws. In terms of range, a common-size 10Ah battery would run a 200W motor for >1 hour at full draw, very likely much, much longer if you're on a flat and just cruising.

Quote: "Here in the states, electric bikes get off much more easily on the regulations than do gas powered ones."

Here too. In NSW petrol-powered bicycles are totally illegal, due to how fast they could go with 10-year-olds on them. They were effectively unlicensed motorbikes, so unsurprisingly they got banned. On the other hand it's very easy to comply with electric bike laws. No more than a 200W motor and you're good (not counting pedalec bikes, which have different laws - and I had never heard the term pedalec until I read the law-guide).
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 05:13
Quote: "Huh, that's a cool idea for a transmission! Should work really well, too!"
Why thanks! I hope it does work well!

Quote: "In terms of range, a common-size 10Ah battery would run a 200W motor for >1 hour at full draw, very likely much, much longer if you're on a flat and just cruising."
Interesting, I believe you, but my intuition says that figure has to be wrong. What voltage is one of those batteries supplying? Also, what torque can those electric motors provide? If that really is the case, then not bad at all!

Quote: "In NSW petrol-powered bicycles are totally illegal, due to how fast they could go with 10-year-olds on them. They were effectively unlicensed motorbikes, so unsurprisingly they got banned."
Ah, that paradigm of legislation seems a little barbaric to me. They are still legal here, as long as you operate them properly. In fact, they simply just fall under motorcycle law. You have to have them registered, and you must be licensed and insuranced. I plan to do none of those things with mine, but I also plan to ride it in places where enforcement won't see me. Besides, an officer seeing my bike would probably write it off as being less than 49cc, which is the legal cut off for a motorize bike not needing any special licensing, registration, or anything.
"It also shoots blue flames sometimes, which is startling in the most exquisite of ways." -- Self
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 10:43
Quote: "Interesting, I believe you, but my intuition says that figure has to be wrong. What voltage is one of those batteries supplying? Also, what torque can those electric motors provide? If that really is the case, then not bad at all!"

That was based on the assumption that the motor would draw something close to what it outputs (assuming the 200W rating is output power, not power draw - might be wrong). The motor and battery are 24V. 200/24 is 8.333. That means when drawing 200W, the motor is drawing about 8.4 amps. If we assume the motor actually draws 250W (80% efficiency), that's 10.4 amps. Of course I may be spouting dribble here because I have no background knowledge about what normal efficiencies for DC motors are, what standard rating measurements are, etc. I'm just making uneducated guesses.

Oh, to actually finish, at a draw of 8.4 amps, that's about 1.2 hours. Additionally, my assumption is that the motor would draw much less current if it wasn't working very hard (say, on a flat, just cruising, or if I were peddling as well to help it).

Quote: "They are still legal here, as long as you operate them properly. In fact, they simply just fall under motorcycle law."

I think they do here too, but then it's a motorcycle, not a petrol-powered bicycle.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 12:17
Quote: "At this point we should call you Flapjack Jer instead of Yodaman"

"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 16:05 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 16:08
Wow I really want this computer case...

Actually holy crap, check out this monstrosity!

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 20:32
Quote: "Of course I may be spouting dribble here because I have no background knowledge about what normal efficiencies for DC motors are, what standard rating measurements are, etc. I'm just making uneducated guesses."
Nah, now that you explain all the numbers to me, it makes perfect sense. I guess I was just shocked that a common size battery is capable of powering a decently sized electric motor for so long. I am used to little RC cars that die within 5 minutes at full power.

Quote: "I think they do here too, but then it's a motorcycle, not a petrol-powered bicycle."
Ahh, that makes much more sense (and seems a lot less barbaric).

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with this idea Clonkex! It would be super neat if we both made little motoricycles!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 21:47
So, has anyone else here backed (or is at least excited for) psychonauts 2?
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
I apologize in advance for the large caps, but I JUST BOUGHT A SOLID STATE DRIVE I'M SO SFDGLKJUAHWRLGKHAWRLUKGRGEDTGJSRTYJTR
320x224
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 23:08
But does it shoot blue flames?
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But does it shoot blue flames?"

I hope not... is that common?
320x224
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 23:37
Quote: "I hope not... is that common?"

I think green flames are more common. Which brand/model SSD did you get?
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2015 23:41 Edited at: 5th Dec 2015 23:42
Quote: "Actually holy crap, check out this monstrosity!"

I actually saw that case sitting on the floor in my local computer repair shop recently. It's pretty insane. Personally it kinda looks pseudo-military styled, so I'm not that big a fan.

Quote: "I guess I was just shocked that a common size battery is capable of powering a decently sized electric motor for so long. I am used to little RC cars that die within 5 minutes at full power."

Proper 1/8 RC buggies (Traxxis brand for instance) can run for 45+ minutes with much smaller batteries (3Ah-5Ah). Many people power their custom-built electric bikes from multiple RC LiPo packs, often two 5000mAh packs in parallel.

Quote: "common size battery"

Is 10Ah a common size? For LiPos or lead-acid?

Quote: "Definitely looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with this idea Clonkex! It would be super neat if we both made little motoricycles!"

Indeed it would, but I'm not sure if I currently have the money to buy a suitable battery. Motor, yeah no problem, only $50 and probably much cheaper if I salvaged one from the tip or a garage sale or whatever, but the batteries are freakin' expensive.

Quote: "I apologize in advance for the large caps, but I JUST BOUGHT A SOLID STATE DRIVE"

Awesome, welcome to 2015! I highly recommend using Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0. Best software ever for doing the transition to an SSD!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 02:19 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 02:21
Quote: "Is 10Ah a common size?"
Perhaps "practically attainable size" would have been a better way to word that.

Quote: "but the batteries are freakin' expensive."
I wonder if one could link these together in a manner suitable for heavy duty usage like you are looking into... They'd definitely need to be wired in series to amplify the voltage, and probably parallel too in order to decrease current load on each one (to increase the whole bank's amp-hour capacity).

Each one supplies 3.7 volts, so you'd need to link 7 of them in series to obtain (a little over) 24 volts. Then link 5 of those series circuits together in parallel to attain 10 amp hours... You'd be looking at 455 dollars for the whole bank. Well shoot, looks like my idea doesn't help much...

Quote: "I hope not... is that common?"
Don't get me started on SSD flames! Ideally, you're looking at a royal blue color. Those are hard to come by however, so I advice most people to get an SSD that shoots purple flames, at the very least red flames. Don't listen to budokaiman, I have no idea where he's getting his SSDs. Green flaming SSDs... Utter crap they are. To give some perspective, the SSDs in iMacs shoot yellow flames.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 03:32
Quote: " Wow I really want this computer case..."

That looks kinda similar to Rosewill's Thor V2.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 04:12
And my computer's case was 16 dollars.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 12:21
Quote: "That looks kinda similar to Rosewill's Thor V2."

But the Thor has excellent side panel cooling, the Cooler Master just has clear plastic. The Cooler Master appears to have 3 front-panel fans while the Thor has just 1 (Thor uses the space for 6 external drive bays, while the Cooler Master only has 2).
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 12:35 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 12:36
!! GUYZSZ!!!!!1!!

Dont forgit to vote 4 your're favrite knew bannes in teh votin thred!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 15:14 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 15:14
Clonkex wrote: "I actually saw that case sitting on the floor in my local computer repair shop recently. It's pretty insane. Personally it kinda looks pseudo-military styled, so I'm not that big a fan."

True, it is quite insane, although it doesn't necessarily look military style so much as it is just...chunky. But at the same time that's also what makes it look so unique.

The only reason I was even considering it is the fact that it supports up to 14" (or 355mm) graphics cards.

But, this case here by Corsair is the one I almost got when I made my build last year, and now I really wish I had gotten it. It can support graphics cards up to 17" (450mm) in length, and looks really, really cool as well. Definitely something to place up on the desk

I think I will nab it here pretty soon. I want to upgrade my case because of three reasons:

1) - my brother wants to build a computer soon, and will need a case to do so. He quite likes mine, so I will try to sell it to him for like $20 or something
2) - I want a full-tower case so that I can eventually buy a bigger mobo that can support 3+ GPUs
3) - I want a more modular, cleaner looking case with better cable management and support for liquid CPU cooling, and this case looks to be it!

Not to mention, with the red fans and the fact that I will be getting an MSI 390X, it should be quite eye-catching. And make me insanely happy

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 19:07
Quote: "Dont forgit to vote 4 your're favrite knew bannes in teh votin thred!"
You spelled too wrong. PFT!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Thanks for promoting the banner thread!
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 19:25
I'm in the process of a new build myself, just got a SanDisk 480GB SSD on sale for right about $100

picked up a Rosewill Rise Glow a while back for the case, it has a great massive and chunky feel to it that unfortunately doesn't really come across well in the photos.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 19:43 Edited at: 6th Dec 2015 19:44
[video=mp4]https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nr4zr5bqrH1rou6o6_480.mp4[/mp4]

Not sure how how mp4 links work.

https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nr4zr5bqrH1rou6o6_480.mp4
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 6th Dec 2015 19:47
Feels so strange to be offline for so long... Back on or after the 10th... December greetings to you all

Valentine
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 02:28
Ortu wrote: "I'm in the process of a new build myself"

I'm not really doing an entirely new build. Once I get the new case and new GPU, I'm going to spend my next available afternoon stripping the parts out of my current case and putting them into the new case. I will probably also get an SSD to put the OS on, and probably a liquid CPU cooler as well. A few multi-LED fans later, and that case will light up like Christmas!

Then I will sell my case and current GPU to my brother for probably about $150 total and save him a butt ton of cash so he can afford the other parts

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 21:01
Quote: " and that case will light up like Christmas!"

Thank you for reminding me to change my avatar.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2015 23:12
Well now look what you've done. You've made me create a Christmas version of my avatar!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 00:16
Just got the muffler welded back onto my engine! Oh how quiet it is now compared to before! We accidentally poked a little hole in the muffler with the welder though, which is a bummer. But good nonetheless! The main benefit is not having to put a plug into the exhaust each time I shut the thing off (to protect the valve from thermal shock from cold air entering). Sadly, the muffler seems to eat up the precious blue flames. Hmm, I should get ordering some parts for my bike!
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
I mounted my SSD by taping it to a hard drive bay.
320x224
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 01:19
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 09:29
WTH?! Not sure what to make of that. Video...

Are we going to see more of this motor soon? Very curious now...
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 17:05
Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 22:35
Anyone remember Anim8or? It's still going after all this time. Really brings back memories.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 23:37 Edited at: 8th Dec 2015 23:38
Quote: "Anyone remember Anim8or? It's still going after all this time. Really brings back memories. "

After seeing the recent "News" of:
Quote: "January 7, 2014 - Space Slice - New indie game using anim8or!
November 28, 2013 - Cannadian High School Class in Anim8or"

I was a little surprised to look in the forums and see it's still updated.
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 00:51
Quote: "I mounted my SSD by taping it to a hard drive bay."

That's what I love about SSDs: you can chuck them about and leave them flopping in your case and they won't care! Due to laziness, my SSD is currently sitting loose in a 3.5" HDD bay

Quote: "Anyone remember Anim8or? It's still going after all this time. Really brings back memories."

I remember trying it once, years ago. It has a weird bird for its icon, does it not?
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 04:57
BREAKING NEWS: The value of the Posting Competition Point takes a nose dive!
This just in -- Posting Competition a mere two posts away from mega points, and yet goes for hours without a single post! Point analyst Kent Naudworth with us today:
Kent Naudworth wrote: "Yeah, the Posting Competition Point is on its way out. Invest in Pages I say! Nothing is a more secure investment than those..."

After the commercial break: are the rumors of the forum returning to the old theme true? Join us after the break with Dr. Broikschtenfaph to find out.
Has your SSD become noisy? Does it take excessive amounts of time to spin up when you turn on your machine? At ramload.com, you can download unlimited extra RAM onto your SSD for only $19.99 a month. Live with a noise free SSD, ramload.com!!!

Yeah, I'm bored.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2015 14:10
The only with value to me right now is either coffee or sleep. Sleep is gold, coffee is silver.
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
My SSD still hasn't shot any flames. After some research, I have concluded that only SSDs sold in the USA may shoot flames. Everywhere else has higher SSD safety standards.
320x224

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:58:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:58:38