Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator: What's Next?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2007 22:24
Quote: "there...I said something bad about FPSC so no fanboy comments"
Fred's a fan--- dang it!
Quote: "FPSC has come a long way since v1"
It has? Not in features I wouldn't say so, excepting save/loading, that was cool.

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2007 16:21 Edited at: 24th Nov 2007 16:25
Needs realistic shadows and new blood like blood that squerts out for 5 sec like in Gun but doesn't squert out like toothpaste.

Who are you and why are you here?
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
anyone have an idea on when the first x9 update gunna come out?

Check out my WIP game, and comment at>>>> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118704&b=25
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
About 1 year ago.

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
well, the update for some features of allies etc

Check out my WIP game, and comment at>>>> http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118704&b=25
Dan the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 04:35 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2007 04:36
Probly soon because they finished X 10 so why not go fix or add some awsome feature to X 9? Besides they have nothing else to do.

Who are you and why are you here?
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
i think they have plenty to do (fixing x10 bugs)

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 17:08
Um, I already posted that. Lee said not to expect anything until after Christmas.

EOT
[img][/img]
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2007 20:13
Quote: "Um, I already posted that. Lee said not to expect anything until after Christmas."

That's true.However,FPSC x10 has been released and so asking about the update for FPSC is not unreasonable.It is a bit off-topic for this thread.
I don't know when Lee and co. are going to release the next update but I hope it's soon.
I guess if somebody really wants to know when the update is coming they will e-mail Lee and ask him.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 13:58
I should probably e-mail Lee with a link to this thread now.

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 15:10 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2007 15:17
lol, make the blood darker, see this post http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=119098&b=21&p=0

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 01:03 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 01:04
That's easy to do.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 04:20
Quote: "That's true.However,FPSC x10 has been released and so asking about the update for FPSC is not unreasonable.It is a bit off-topic for this thread."
But programing, packaging and error testing will probably take a month minimum, I expect 3 or so.
Quote: "lol, make the blood darker, see this post http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=119098&b=21&p=0"
Get MP 9 or 10, or just download EAI's scorch mod, its free and the new blood is a ton better, not to mention the new bullet-hole decals.
Quote: "I should probably e-mail Lee with a link to this thread now."
Good idea, he is going to have to work hard to satisfy us X9 users
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 12:43
I sent him an e-mail the day before yesterday; but he's probably swamped with e-mails right now (tried to be as descriptive as possible with the messege header). I also asked him to respond in this thread.

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 14:11 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 14:17
Quote: "But programing, packaging and error testing will probably take a month minimum, I expect 3 or so."

My understanding was that they were working on x9 as they were working on x10.I am not saying that we expect an update this very second.It's just that there are quite a few people who want to know approximately when the update will be released and what they have done with it.I am one of them.

Edit: Missed keith's post...lol.I have sent Lee a letter as well but given the release of x10 it may be a while before any of us get a response.

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
i have gotten the scorch mod and i have mp 10

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 19:26
Then your set for life, blood wise anyhow. Fred, I would love the updates ETA too, or better yet its release, but sometimes its just not realistic to expect that, especially with programming. Plus I bet the TGC crew are dying to take a break by now.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Drunk on Cola
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 21:15 Edited at: 4th Dec 2007 21:47
Hi people. This isnt exactly relevant but can you buy FPS Creator with cash or does it have to be cheques and stuff? and how do you buy the model packs

Please and Thank you

I tried sniffing coke but the ice cubes got stuck in my nose
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 21:51
Contact Order & Billing Support.Click on the link you will see below the box you type your post in.

Thistle Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 22:27
I definitely wish to see Ragdoll Physics integrated into X9.

Im a new user, im young and FPI-dyslexic, i simply dont have the foggiest and cant learn FPI, so copy and paste code snippets please!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 22:57
Ragdoll Physics probbably wont be in a general update more like an optional update due to age requirements like X10 so if we ever get it it wont be in a 1.08 update. Maybe the abilaty to accept it will be there but not the feature itself.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 23:25
My understanding was that when they released the fabled "major upgrade" for x9 it would have the ragdoll physics (or whatever kind they added) along with some other neat stuff (the promise of better AI).
TGC may not worry about being fussy with x9 since it has already been rated and the alleged update is for x9 instead of x10.
A lot of what they are doing as far as x10 goes is because they are trying to get a good ESRB rating for x10.
This version's already rated so I don't see that being a problem.
But that is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
First we have to actually get some kind of information about the update from TGC and they haven't released any.
I was hoping that since they worked on x10 and x9 at the same time that the update would be released shortly after FPSC x10 was released.For some reason they have not released it nor have they given us any indication of when they will.
So what I understand is that they tell us this update is coming after the release of FPSC x10 and now x10 has been released and there's no news yet.
I know the folks at TGC are extremely busy but some forum members have been waiting on this update/release of a newer source code for quite some time.
Having someone from TGC who knows what's up post and tell us would be nice.

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
i agree REBEL!! jk

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2007 02:43
Better Multiplayer. I want it more than anything else.

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
when you think about it, lots of this stuff can not be acomplished without better framerate

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 12:54
I may be wrong but would think that updating X9 to accommodate some of the advanced features of X10 may be more problematical than one might hope so it could take a lot of time.

FPSC is a bit of a beast with a lot of headaches and not making those worse could be quite a task.

I doubt FPSC has much importance in line of thought at this very moment and of course TGC folk are likely to want some thing of a rest.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 14:38
Uman is right again...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 15:55
Well, I just got done going over a response from Lee. He's a bit torn as to either making FPSC more stable (frame-rate, etc.), or bringing in new features. He'd like to hear some responses on that issue in particular, here in this thread (which he does check on now and then). I let him know that I felt a more stable FPSC should take priority over newer items; but let's hear what you guys think.

-Keith

game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I think it should be made more stable, but first I think they should just add allys and a couple of other new features.

We all want to be awesome, but does awesome want to be us?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 16:37
You've got to be realistic as well; adding more features will just compound many problems that exist already...making it harder to have a more stable product (and therefore take longer to fix).

-Keith

game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
True True, well the only feature I would really care for is for better AI. Ragdolls seem like if they were added would cause many problems. But in the end, it would be best just to make FPSC more stable.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 17:04
hmmm... You can get around most bugs in fpsc so I think more features would be better.

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

m man
Years of Service
User Offline
mabey they should add water,swimming and mabey if possible a bloom effect.
mrniceguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Fix the framerate issues should be first priority. Also a stable segment editor.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 18:36
Quote: "hmmm... You can get around most bugs in fpsc so I think more features would be better."

Can you give us the secret of raising the frame-rate and lowering the HUGE size of the executable file? Because those are two of the primary things keeping FPSC from being a viable development tool.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 18:40
Stability is it, though that may have to include the addition of the Dark AI. We've all seen that things can be done in FPSC that the application wasn't intended to do. These flips and tricks may not be able to be utilized by the casual client owner without a 10 page tutorial, but my point is, features, in most cases, are not a concern. Sure rag doll would be nice, but that certainly isn't stopping the release of any games. If you need a better death sequence, then animate it. The frame rate at the end of the day, and FPSC's inability to show even the smallest outside section without slow downs (for the most part) is it's chink in the armor.

Many people on this forum can make neat characters or models...Many on this forum can accomplish wonders with what scripting is already available to us. Our concern has to be the frame rate and stability I would believe in most every case.

Loc

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Stability over features, there is no use in features if you can enjoy the game because of lag.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 19:27
I agree with Locrian, faster framerate is a must before any new features are added.

Taking a break... Be back soon.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 21:39
Quote: "faster framerate is a must before any new features are added."

Now, im going to be different and say, new features. Why you ask? Well, FPSC runs at a solid 32fps for me, even in huge outdoor scenes with dynamic objects, lighting etc, and it will not budge from that. In my opinion, most of the speed issues have been fixed due to I get a perfectly smooth framerate, and the lack of AI (and other features) are the only thing holding me back. So I say, maybe add a few new features, and optimise the speed at the same time.

Just my 2 cents

CoZ

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 00:51
Gotta go with stability.It's nice that one of us appears to have no frame rate issues or issues with stability.That's great...until you make a game only you can play because it only works for you.
You can put FPSC on 6 different pcs and you get six different experiences.What works on one pc may or may not work on another.While we can slide around this when developing the games to a point once they are built there's not a lot a player can do about it.
Better frame rate/less lag seems to be tied into the AI for me.I can get some decent frame rates until I add an enemy or two.Now I know about the work arounds and such but that's the basic fact.
Enemy AI and the way FPSC operates (open up the door and go down a long hallway and you see) and just putting a wall or whatever doesn't always help as there is a leak problem.
I have long wished for a reduction in file sizes...while I have cable internet and can download ridiculously large files at the speed of light some people have dial-up and some don't want to download a megasized game.
I still occassionally get the fun expeience of falling through the terrain.
And...I know this is being nit-picky...but there are two things I would really like...
I would like all of the stuff to be copied into the built game folder when the game is built (while I can go and copy it manually a novice user could have difficulty).
And I would like to have a choice to decide whether to test a game with the built .dbo files or if I want it built by scratch...
An honorable mention would go to making the save level from editor work without it crashing if you remove a segment/entity from the level and there are no more.
But most of this is just my wishful thinking.
Stability.Most assuredly stability.That is what I want.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 01:41
Don't put a crap load of entities, hide make it look like there is stuff in the shadows when there isn't. And make rooms smaller. As for smaller file sizes, Compress them A LOT. in a zip, etc.
Quote: "Can you give us the secret of raising the frame-rate and lowering the HUGE size of the executable file? Because those are two of the primary things keeping FPSC from being a viable development tool."

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 02:05
Compressing them won't size down a full game enough, it just won't. As far as your other recommendation; does that mean no one can make the game they wanted to...when it includes more than one or two enemies, or a well-lit room. C'mon now.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 02:16
I have to put about 30 enemies in one room to make it lag, I say add ragdolls and AI, then work on stability, then add new features.

game lover
Years of Service
User Offline
30 enemies, what are your specs?

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
i say AI, then stability but ai for the only feature

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 04:17 Edited at: 10th Dec 2007 04:17
Quote: "what are your specs"

2 GB of ram
Intel 3.0 ghz dual core
512 mb XFX GeForce 7950

EDIT: I can post a video of fighting all the enemies if you'd like.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 04:27
That system is a bit higher end than most.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "HUGE size of the executable file"

Half of FPSC.exe is the code for the editor. If lee split it up it would be probably around 2 mb (down from what 12?).

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 15:11
Quote: "I let him know that I felt a more stable FPSC should take priority over newer items"

Agreed. Stability first. Everyone else has pretty much covered all the reasons why.

Best

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 16:04 Edited at: 10th Dec 2007 16:07
I agree. Stability and the reasons why you dont have it have been the same and the priority the same ever scince FPSC was first developed. It may still be the main priority for FPSC users for some time to come. FPSC may need a major overhaul to achieve it.

Many features are still lacking or very weak too in FPSC.

"There are those who said this day would never come - What have they to say Now?"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 19:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 19:18:54