Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI 2008 W.I.P. (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 16:39
Quote: "when you got a rpg."

Not just any RPG, EAI's RPG!

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you tell me how long it takes to create a gun model?

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 04:50
Quote: "Could you tell me how long it takes to create a gun model?"

depends how fast you are. You have to:

-Model
-Animate
-Uv Map
-Texture

It takes a while. Just let tell you that.

born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 05:17 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 05:22
It will take me 24 hours to make a gun.

If you didn't mind , I would like to know:

Which tool do you use to develop a game ? How much money every game makes for you ?

Crav3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 05:54 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 05:55
24 hours is a crazy amount of time. It takes me around 6-10 hours to get everything done. Animations can be quite annoying to get everything looking smooth.

Eh?
They obviously use some sort of coding engine probably C# or C++, And You don't get the money from the games, You only get the money for the models that they pay for. Unless they have some sort of royalty system.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 12:17
Hey, Errant, if you don't mind me asking what method did you use for the leather on the gloves? I'm finally devoting dome time to some weapons that I'm aiming to get ingame, but my leather... well... it looks downright crap, and any tuts I've found aren't very good either.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 17:45 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 18:06
BFG, your questions confuse me... if they're directed at me, that is.

The time I take is varied. Usually several hours of research, a few hours modeling, a few hours UV mapping, a few hours to a day or so on texture depending on how much in-game testing I do, animation occurs over several days for new base animations and loads of in-game testing. Then usually X number of weeks or months before I can be bothered to make the entities and tweak sound effects(lol). At which point about one additional day for them. Some guns really drag on if I'm being anal about things while others go surprisingly quick. Obviously, a simple melee weapon takes a fraction of the time that some detailed gun with mod animations, complex UV map, etc. In general things take longer than they should because I'm doing these at my own lazy pace while trying to make stuff I'm personally happy with releasing and actually get some joy out of the process... A luxury I never had in the pro industry. IMO, if something can be "done" in 10hrs, it can be "done" twice as good in 20hrs but after that you start running into diminishing returns.

Toasty, a good portion of the effect I use for skin and leather is from stock photoshop pattern fills. Namely the one that looks like stained glass framing and to a lesser degree, another that looks like bubbles. That all gets scaled down and layered in then there's a bit of painting in bulges around the stitching, etc. which is ultimately what pulls it together. I likely used some plastic wrap too which is more visible on some of the variants.
AOTD Creator
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you know what weapon will be next in the Game Store? I am looking forward to your new weapons ^^

Zombie..zombie..zombie..zombie nation.
born for game
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI,thanks for answering so well.It helps me so much.
Sorry for my poor English.

Crav3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 06:18 Edited at: 8th Feb 2009 10:29
Yeah, I know.
Of course It will turn out much better spending more time on it. After long periods of time texturing or modeling it sort of is tiring, although your right about making it twice as good. I can get really frustrated after spending concentrated hours UV mapping or texturing only to find out that there's an error or something with the mesh, And then I have to restart UV mapping all over Again after the problem is corrected. I guess It won't happen as much when I get more experience hopefully.

Sometimes If there's a problem with my PC as well and I'm in the middle of doing something. I'm not able to open the PSD or max file from something that I've spent hours working on. It's quite frustrating having to start over from scratch or fix things.

I'm still in the learning process of speed modeling and texturing, which is helpfull for halfing time.

Errant,Would you move onto anything besides weaponry ,something else anytime in the future? I think you would be a great character or environment artist. Apart from having your work in fpsc do you spend time doing any Normal or specular maps? You could set up a Portfolio, If you want to attract attention. I'm sure they'll be plenty of people looking for your talent and skill, that could hire you.

Oh, How many hours do you spend texturing?

Anyway, You are doing great so far.
I'm keen to see more soon.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
i have sent you an email, hope you can solve it, thanks]

Nice Stuff right here man really great.

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:06
I think that before moving on from your current set of Modern Day weapons, you should cover some of the classic FPS weapons.

For example:

Melee:
Hammer
Fireaxe
Shovel

Pistol:
Beretta Elite
Desert Eagle

SMG:
M16 (Done, but not released?)
MAC10
UMP

Rifle
AK-47 (Duh)
A classic, no fancy crap addon Sniper Rifle.

Explosive
RPG (Classic)

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce the combined size to 600x120 maximum size
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:45
theres already i Desert eagle i think
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 20:47
Not by EAI. There is the MK XIX, but that isnt a classic D-Eagle.

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 22:52
Aaagreen: the Mark XIX is the classic Desert Eagle, it is the last one of the Desert Eagle line, the one EAI made just had a scope on it.
Anyway, this is looking awesome Errant.

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 01:52
XIX is the company that manufactures Desert Eagles, correct me if I'm wrong.

An AK and an M16 are already done, but I'd love to see that MAC10.

- You know you're curious
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 02:48
Actually, IMI makes the Desert Eagles, I don't know what the XIX means, probably a variant.

*Salute*
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 07:55 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 08:17
Quote: "
Pistol:
Beretta Elite; There's a Beretta already, several. You could do a simple retexture.
Desert Eagle; There's also a Deagle already, the XIX. They're all the same in visual terms as far as I can see, but with notable ironsight changes.

SMG:
MAC10; Can't wait for this.
UMP; I REALLY want this.

Rifle
AK-47; I have to ditto youy on this.
A classic, no fancy crap addon Sniper Rifle; M40 is coming.

"

I edited your list a bit, Aaa.

Private, XIX means the model of it; roman numerals. There is also Mark I and Mark VII. Unless I am mistaken, I believe the Mark VII is the one featured in COD4.
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I got a bit distracted... As usual...
"

This looks absolutely fantastic! I cannot wait for it to hit the TGC store
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 16:43
Quote: "Beretta Elite; There's a Beretta already, several. You could do a simple retexture.
Desert Eagle; There's also a Deagle already, the XIX. They're all the same in visual terms as far as I can see, but with notable ironsight changes."

There are berettas, yes. But not by EAI.
The XIX looks nothing like the CSS D-Eagle, or any of the ones i found on Google. The XIX is extremely blocky/square.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
The chances of a DEagle remake are less than zero at this time. It's not a perfect replica but I think it's passable. Some of the angles on the back of the slide are a bit too shallow but IMO the CSS version is over exaggerated in that area. The model was free-handed (no photo tracing) so, it has some proportional issues as well here and there but to say it looks nothing like a DEagle is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

I have to agree with Toasty on missing for the need for a Beretta Elite. And yes, there are Beretta M9s by me...
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 20:14 Edited at: 13th Feb 2009 17:49
@EAI, you know you said you were going to make variations of hands ?, well how about some like these, these ones look awsome!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 17:57 Edited at: 13th Feb 2009 17:58
Sorry double post.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 07:02
Another request EAI (ish) but how about Airmod updates for the MP5N? It's the only Airmod SMG apart from the P90 which feels a little too high-tech. Also, the reload anim for that was a tad skewiff...
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 19:16
we want a proper,fully 3d and fully working chainsaw! it would be the best weapon for a horror game

A.K.A. djmaster
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 19:31
i second that!
Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 19:40
Hey, if you have time Errant, I'll third that!

- You know you're curious
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 13:20 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 14:24
@EAI, how about the kriss, its awesome i havent seen it in one game yet soo why not make it an fpsc exclusive

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 20:12 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 09:41
Any updates?
Edit: sorry didnt see i double posted.
shivendra d legend
Years of Service
User Offline
I am having a problem which might have been taken into acount by som1 earlier.....i wanted to ask if i can use the same weapon slot for the M203 assult and grenade version both......actualy i wantd it to have a primary nd secondary fire..like wen i pres 1st mouse button the assault rifle fires and when i press the second MB or any other key ,the grenade hurls out.Plz help.Can reply on my mail or messenger also.

I am not intersted in the 100 games U made evryday,
But rather in the one single game U made in 100 days.!!
TEC Spectre
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember reading a while back about EAI not finishing an RPG for FPSC because there was no ammunition depletion. Now, I have not read this entire thread, so if this has already been suggested, i apologize for my noobliness. But if not, wouldn't it be possible to create an RPG with the firing animation acting as both the firing and reload animation? Like, the animation being first, the firing of the RPG, and then, reloading it. Then you can make the reload animation just one or two frames so it looks right. Just a thought.

Slightly transparent.
Crusader2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 23:58
@EAI Expect a buy from me when you get some more done; I like to buy in bulk.

I would greatly appreciate a tutorial on how to give your stock weapons in model packs Ironsights (I would buy them then) and how (if this was included) to give the M203 Sopmod it's secondary fire.

Some people say that I'm crazy... And I agree.
USE PLY'S MOD!
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I would greatly appreciate a tutorial on how to give your stock weapons in model packs Ironsights (I would buy them then) and how (if this was included) to give the M203 Sopmod it's secondary fire."

Not an option. The new tech is not backwards compatible with the old media.

Quote: "But if not, wouldn't it be possible to create an RPG with the firing animation acting as both the firing and reload animation? Like, the animation being first, the firing of the RPG, and then, reloading it. Then you can make the reload animation just one or two frames so it looks right. Just a thought."

Think about it a moment... that wouldn't solve anything.

Quote: "I am having a problem which might have been taken into acount by som1 earlier.....i wanted to ask if i can use the same weapon slot for the M203 assult and grenade version both......actualy i wantd it to have a primary nd secondary fire..like wen i pres 1st mouse button the assault rifle fires and when i press the second MB or any other key ,the grenade hurls out.Plz help.Can reply on my mail or messenger also."

No. Not with the current, available assets.

Quote: "@EAI, how about the kriss, its awesome i havent seen it in one game yet soo why not make it an fpsc exclusive"

There's one in Soldier of Fortune 3. Sorry. But yes. It's been on the wish list for some time now.

Quote: "we want a proper,fully 3d and fully working chainsaw! it would be the best weapon for a horror game"

I've spent some time thinking about how I could pull off a good chainsaw inside of FPSC. The biggest hurdles are likely going to be the audio scripting and getting it to work well in stock FPSC but I think I've finally come to a solid plan on those aspects.

Quote: "@EAI, you know you said you were going to make variations of hands ?, well how about some like these, these ones look awsome!"

I don't know. To me, those just look like higher-poly versions of what I already have. The ones in the works are intended to be different looking and address frequent requests for glove-less/sleeved hand/arms.

Quote: "Another request EAI (ish) but how about Airmod updates for the MP5N? "

Planned. Begun. No ETA.

Anyhow. If a moderator sees this post, please lock this thread. I'll create a new one when appropriate.

Thanks to all those who have contributed and supported me over the past year!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 14:22
Locked at author's request. Always nice stuff, Jake.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:46:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:46:59