Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] EAI 2008 W.I.P. (56k warning)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 17:48
My ___!
This stuff is so cool! What programs do you use?
(I ask even if I know I will newer be able to model this good )
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 20:05
He uses 3dsmax its cost's over a grand and if you're realy mad about devving, then its for you, but its hard to use it, and read the 900 page manual.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 20:12
What Errant has made can be achieved in any 3D modelling package. It is only the dedication, skill, patience and years of practise that Errant has that makes his work so great.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 20:18
yeah that is true, its just that he looks like a 3DSmax user, it probaly the renders?
He has to have 2008 if you ask me, but you're right it can be done in anim8tor.
Drapes#10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 20:24
Man I love how you put so much detail on your weapons

SirEus game studios =___MAKING DIFFERENT KINDS OF FPS___=
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 22:38
Quote: "Airslide, I expect no less LOL"

You owe me one free P90 for that

Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 22:44
Hey EAI have you ever thought of making an AK with a rail on it. Things like grenade launchers and laser sights on AKs would loook awsome.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 23:04
Oh yes, a GP-30 on your AK74M would look superb! Or how about an M249 SAW, PSG-1 sniper rifle, or a G36C, preferiably a G36C.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 23:11
Get in contact with me Errant AI, we need to start publishing these into the store system.

Well done!

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
[Check out Jed McKenna - http://www.wisefoolpress.com/]
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 23:46
My monitor had an electronic orgasm just loading these images.

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 01:06
Quote: "My monitor had an electronic orgasm just loading these images."
sounds fun.

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
Ice Cube
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 02:25
Quote: "are these goin on the TGC store or are they free"

Quote: "I want some of whatever you are on...."

Errant AI - Absolutely Awesome work!

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 05:14
Quote: "Zaibatsu, It's on my backburner list for now. What I need to know from you is if it's much of an isue for the hands to have gloves. "

The Thompson is so awesome, it really doesn't matter.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 11:13
Quote: "M249 SAW"

We neeeeeed one of those. The only thing that comes close to an M249 is the RPK in MP10/9. That thing in MP5 doesn't count because:
A: It looks nothing like an M249

B: The hands suck

C: It's not made by EAI

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2008 13:21
...which is why we need one, plus a G36C and maybe a Galil...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 06:28 Edited at: 29th Mar 2008 06:32
Quote: "You know WAYYY too much about guns, that's frightening.

Great looking stuff though!"

Thanks, Bond1 and best wishes on sales with your new stuff I suppose a little frigtening but without it I would be emasculated as I couldn't tell you the record of a single sports team.

Quote: "What programs do you use?"

OpFor summed it up perfectly.
I reccomend XSI Mod Tool if it's still free.

Quote: "sounds fun."

Sounds dangerous. Hope you didn't get a spark in the eye!

Quote: "Get in contact with me Errant AI"

Email sent, Rick. Downloading the new app. and airmailing the agreement on Monday.

Quote: "an AK with a rail on it"

Quote: "GP-30 on your AK74M"

Both great suggestions. Because I'm lazy like that

Quote: "PSG-1 sniper rifle, or a G36C, preferiably a G36C."

Quote: "G36C and maybe a Galil"

I'll think about it but don't hold your breath just yet. JF just did an awesome G36C inspired weapon and MP6 has loads of quality HK rifles. I know they're not compatable with my stuff but I hate having the "meee too" feeling when I'm modeling.

Quote: "M249 SAW"

Quote: "We neeeeeed one of those. The only thing that comes close to an M249 is the RPK in MP10/9."

I started M249s last year but never completed them. I was put off by the fact there's no support in FPSC for visually depleting ammo. It drives me a little nutty to have no ammo but see ammo hanging out of the gun (Same reason I never made an RPG).

If that's not a huge issue to people who want SAWs, I'll bump that item ahead in the que. Regardless, I'll be using a certain naming convention in hopes that maybe Lee or the Lemur people can add some simple code to make the belted ammo dissapear as you get low on ammo.

Let me know what you think.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 08:49
Quote: " I was put off by the fact there's no support in FPSC for visually depleting ammo.
"

Yeah. I've also just noticed that in MP6, the LMG in that, seems to have about 20 rounds on the belt, but holds 75.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 14:32
great models, lets just hope that this pack has btter sounds and doesnt need an update for it to work

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 15:55
woah! IM AMAZED and that doesnt even have a texture yet

also just a suggestion: how about a Dragonov Sniper Rifle

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 20:03
Quote: "Regardless, I'll be using a certain naming convention in hopes that maybe Lee or the Lemur people can add some simple code to make the belted ammo dissapear as you get low on ammo."

That's something I never even considered. Anyways, I plan on making a lot of expansions to weapons which I'll release the source to publicly, so with any luck we'll get the official FPSC (with some bugging Lee of course), Lemur, and EFX all sporting new weapon expansions that you'll hopefully find useful.

I've already got a number of them working, including a shotgun-style reload, the ability to change the rate of fire, burst fire, and a lazy gun feature (where the gun lags behind the camera as you turn, it's in pretty much ever FPS these days). I think they may be in EFX already, still got to send 'em to Steve for Lemur, and when I've got more done I'll bug Lee about it

I'll have to ask Nighthawk if my stuff is already in EFX, cause if so it would probably be sweet to send you their beta version for you to test out the new features (they're all in the gunspec and you can still use a version of FPSC that doesn't support them and they'll act normally).

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
this is awsome, keep up the good work!!!

Check out gang- the gangster fps
Gandalf the New
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I started M249s last year but never completed them. I was put off by the fact there's no support in FPSC for visually depleting ammo. It drives me a little nutty to have no ammo but see ammo hanging out of the gun "

How about adding a covering to the ammo belt, so you can't see it. It saves waiting for a script. But if you want to keep the belt, that's understandable

and lulz
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 21:51
Ohh airslide you said lazy gun? That's awesome, it gives it such a better feel. Just not too much of a lazy gun though.

8800 640mb GTS, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, Vista Home Premium, 3 Dual Panel Casing Fans
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 21:55
The latest update of X10 had a poorly coded lazy gun feature. So bad in fact that I downgraded to the first version as a result.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 21:58 Edited at: 29th Mar 2008 22:00
Quote: "I've already got a number of them working, including a shotgun-style reload, the ability to change the rate of fire, burst fire, and a lazy gun feature (where the gun lags behind the camera as you turn, it's in pretty much ever FPS these days). I think they may be in EFX already, still got to send 'em to Steve for Lemur, and when I've got more done I'll bug Lee about it "

What happenned to the two weapon with the pistol and the main rifle, with three invisible, unselectable weapons(The melee for the guns and the grenade)?

Most games(The ones I've played) have them now a days.

That way the players don't have to switch to the grenades(Right-Click, change current zoom to Z-Key), or the melee to use them(E-Key, remove the Peek buttons).

Quote: "XSI Mod Tool"

Is that a good tool? Would you recommend it?

Click here to see my showcase.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 22:24
As I am sure Airslide can tell you I have been whining about the lack of a secondary fire/additional melee feature for a while.It only makes sense instead of having two lookalikes and having to switch between the two.
And anyone who makes or uses weapons in FPSC should feel my pain...

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 22:35
Yes, yes we do FredP.

Click here to see my showcase.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "lets just hope that this pack has btter sounds and doesnt need an update for it to work "

The sounds likely won't be any better. My profit margin is low to non-existant on FPSC model packs so I'm not willing to invest in having sounds professionally created at $60-$100 or more per sound effect. The sounds included in MPs 9/10 were modified from stock FPSC sounds, so they are not legally dubious and are royalty free. I couldn't say same if I were to get source material from various sites. At the minimum, it's not a risk I am willing to take. That said, If someone out there can do better and wants to market a compatable sfx pack, I am all for it. I'll even help promote it if it is good. Otherwise, there is nothing stopping users from changing sounds themselves either from online content or swapping from other model packs they may allready have.

As far as needed updates goes, I think only a minority of users had problems which were the result of using very old versions of FPSC or having out of date DirectX libs. Honestly it is hard to tell and a bit frustrating because AFIK nobody who posted bugs posted their system spec. info. At any rate, anyone using the TGC store will have to have at minimum the version of FPSC which has it. I figure that's a good thing.

Quote: "That's something I never even considered. Anyways, I plan on making a lot of expansions to weapons which I'll release the source to publicly, so with any luck we'll get the official FPSC (with some bugging Lee of course), Lemur, and EFX all sporting new weapon expansions that you'll hopefully find useful."

Sorry for being speciffic. I meant to speak in general about source mods. Hopefully other teams will not take offense.

Airslide, is there any chance you can send me something with your modifications? I want to maximize compatibility with features like your shotgun reload system but without a way to test it is not going to happen. I am open to catering to any mods which can be accessed through gunspec without losing compatability for users without source mods.

I think the naming convention I will use will go like: bullet01, bullet02, bullet03, etc. Ideally, say I have seven visible bullets hanging out the gun; bullet01 - bullet07. Once I am down to six ammo, bullet07 should cease to render and so on untill none are visibly left. If a weapon only has one visible ammo (such as an RPG or crossbow) only "bullet01" would be needed.

Quote: "How about adding a covering to the ammo belt, so you can't see it. It saves waiting for a script. But if you want to keep the belt, that's understandable"

I want to keep it. There's something that gets the juices flowing with seeing the belt.

Quote: "Is that a good tool? Would you recommend it?"

I thought I did
Max has loads of features which are worthless for this sort of work. XSI is more speciffic to game development and is meant to compete against Max in the industry. I know Pandemic LA used XSI for Mercenaries and other projects. It is a professional grade tool at half the price of Max for the full version and the Mod Tool version is FREE and only has some cinematic rendering and file management aspects disabled AFIK. It has it's own exporter plugins for DirectX as well as Source and other engines. The key point is that it has integrated modeling, animation and UV mapping in one package. It can also load Max bipeds and has other features that make it compatable with its competition. However, I've never used it myself and can't personally vouch for how well it gets things into FPSC but it looks good on paper, at least.

Quote: "And anyone who makes or uses weapons in FPSC should feel my pain..."

I feel your pain, Fred. I am animating both fire modes for the SCAR rifles in the same file so that it won't take much effort to export a dual-mode weapon should they become compatable with FPSC.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 02:20
Quote: "Airslide, is there any chance you can send me something with your modifications? "

Sure, I'll it over right now. Complete with a timing system so it runs at any framerate your computer can handle and nice and smooth

I get a P90 right ?

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 04:23
Quote: "the ability to change the rate of fire,"

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 09:44
Been a super long time since we've talked Errant. Just wanted to pop in and say what wonderful work this new pack is. Those first images blew me away with the detail. You're really a talented artist.

Best of Luck
Loc

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 13:56
Quote: "rate of fire"

You can always do that in INI of that weapon, Found it fun having fast sots, slow reload, realy fun.
Valkynaz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 16:54
Superb, just superb. You are amazing at this. I can't wait for this. So, maybe I just missed it, but will these be released in a pack or individually? (Somebody asked before...)

CURRENTLY DEVELOPING: Operation Darkhorse One (project title)
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 22:00
Quote: "You can always do that in INI of that weapon, Found it fun having fast sots, slow reload, realy fun. "

You're gonna have to expand on how that's possible. I assume your talking about the gunspec.txt file, which, from expirence with the source, doesn't allow you to say, change the rate of fire or the speed of the animation. I had to add extra code to change the rate of fire, as it's hard coded at 6 loops. You can change how fast the fire loop sound file plays, though.

Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 23:04
You always have the best models and, I always buy.

Why don't you make some cheartor? You'll get alot of buys. Even more if you make some zombies.

BOOM!!!!!! HEAD SHOT!!!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 23:34
I just had an orgasm...

God you're awesome.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweetness! I'm defiantly getting this!

Astek

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Loc, thanks, man. Good to see you're still around these parts.

Quote: "So, maybe I just missed it, but will these be released in a pack or individually?"

Valkynaz, these will be sold individualy so that I can make them available as they get finished. No excess waiting around this time.

Airslide's source weapon mods are fantastic. I've gotten to play around with them a little bit today. The ROF upgrade is heaven-sent. Sooo nice not to be locked in at about 300 RPM anymore. I am also loving the conical accuracy degredation. Awesome to place all the buckshot from a shotgun into a fat little wad at point blank!

Thanks all, for the continuing support
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 02:00
Quote: "You can change how fast the fire loop sound file plays, though.
"

Yeah, made a thread about this, Airslide told me how it actually works. To put it in simple words, you can create the illusion of a higher rate of fire.

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 10:39
Very nice..it looks like cod 4

how about an Ak-47 with a grenade launcher atchment

or how about a frag grenade

Victory Is Imminent
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 11:23
Fuzz, there's an M67 frag in MP9 or 10.

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 11:30
Oh yeah i just noticed then lol

Victory Is Imminent
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 17:23
Dang! This looks damn great again. Im amazed!

The graphics are damn great so far.

But I hope you wont mess up the sounds this time

Its my Freedom, Its my Duty, Its my War!

http://wolf.kilu.de/Index.htm <- My webpage... I have not got many content on it, because its pretty new, and I suck at webdesign
Peter gee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 23:00
Alucard 94 wow that comment was disturbing!!!!! but still wow i've been waiting for ages and i've been buying models and having to retexture the hands to look like 9 and 10 ui wish that every model pack could stick with the same hands

don't touch that cookie, it's mine!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 23:18
Quote: "Very nice..it looks like cod 4"
Don't dis EAI's weapons! I have a request, how about more MP5 style melee weapons, a knife especially, but others would be cool as well. A katana's nice and all, but not very practical

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea, maybe a combat knife would be nice..

and

Quote: "Don't dis EAI's weapons!"

lol.

Peter gee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 23:43
a combat knife would be really nice that is a definate request you should keep on modelling you would make allot of money

don't touch that cookie, it's mine!

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 00:36
I've got an idea: a LAW rocket launcher and an MP5A4 (no RIS grip!!).

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 05:23 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 05:25
lol

but seriously they look like a gun from call of duty 4

good work EAI

Victory Is Imminent
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 22:27
A SCAR! So cool! Crysis time ya'll

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 17:18:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 17:18:40