Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V113 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2008 19:55
My guess is he just didn't think to add it to the save/load routine. It should be relatively simple to add them to the save format (making all existing save files incompatible, but that shouldn't be a problem).

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 00:05 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 00:07
@Airslide FYI:

My thought was that he was to have done this back in V109. Here is a quote:

Quote: "V1.0.9 BETA4 - 24/04/08
-----------------------

* Compiled and updated FPSC-MAPEDITOR.EXE for possible zero damage bug fix
* Added new PLRFREEZE action. Set to 1 to hold plr in place, zero to release
* Added new IMAGEBLOCKMODE to SETUP.INI. Set to 1 use image block feature
* Imageblock feature combines all texture files into a single BIN file
* Created new script in PEOPLE called 'meleefrosthit10.fpi' to test above
* Added GLOBAL VALUES from FPI scripting to SAVE/LOAD game position feature
* Updated all character FPE files in default media to allow melee attack (anim8)
* Added V109-example.fpm to mapbanktutorials to help demonstrate new features
* Added new FPI action MUSICOVERRIDE to replace in-game music in real-time
* Added new script called 'appearchangemusic.fpi', add to Sound Zone's init AI
* Added new script called 'musicchangeinzone.fpi' to trigger music change
* To ensure soundset does not load as 3D sound, rename entity to 'MUSIC ZONE'
"

It is possible that there is something that was missed. I mean there is a ton of code for this and to make changes or additions can really be a headache. My head hurts just thinking about it.

Off-topic:

Airslide. Love what you had done with your mod. Never got a chance to ever say that.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice downloading now and to people who cant get store working it is working jsut fine for me make sure you aint using a pirated copy
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 07:38
@Little Bill:

There is a registry key for FPSC that specifies where it will auto-install the updates. If you feel comfortable manually changing registry entries, that's one way around it.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 14:07
I coud have sworn that one of the "feature's we will add to this update" for either 1.08 or 1.09 was "add light intensiy to light marker", but now it's still one of the TBA features.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Hunter Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 17:20
Yeah, I am pretty sure your right Aaagreen.

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 17:31
Plystire, that's what I did before I posted. There a few FPSC registy entries for things such as my store login details but I'm not quite sure which one to delete.

Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 17:47 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 17:50
I think you are confused, Little Bill. Why would the registry data on your hard drive store your login data for the store. The registry is used to store locations of files, relative locations and dlls, and other data types used to organize programs so that other programs an easily detect what is installed. I don't know. I haven't typed regedit in run and actualy looked at the registry for FPSC. It might store it. Anyhow, Little bill, there should be a default file in your directory.

Goto:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
The Game Creators
LOOK IN HERE FIRST

The go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
The Game Creators
Fps Creator
LOOK IN HERE

There should be registry data in those locations, but altering any data is dangerous. I do not recommend editing any registry data because of the rick of damaging your system. Have fun. I am Cisco A+ and COMPTIA Certified, so I know what I am talking about.

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 21:25
I am not confused mate. Look in the second one and if you have told the store to save your E-mail and password they will be here. I'm not stupid. I know what I'm doing too.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 22:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 22:12
@Aaagreen: I coud have sworn that one of the "feature's we will add to this update" for either 1.08 or 1.09 was "add light intensiy to light marker", but now it's still one of the TBA features.

V1.0.9 BETA3 - 21/04/08

Quote: "NEWJUMPHEIGHT=X - change the default jump height of the player to X (default 50)
LIGHTINTENSITY=X - change the intensity of a dynamic light to new percentage

* New script LIGHTSUPERGRAVITY.FPI demonstrates above FPI actions"

Here is the "new" script that tests the light intensity changes as well as the gravity changes. It is still included with this version:

I'm not sure why it made it into the TBA column or where you saw that. This is all I know.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 22:19
Hmm. That does not show up on my PC.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 22:33 Edited at: 25th Jul 2008 23:55
Hybrid, I don't know what might have happened to it but when I plan on making tests I do delete everything from the registry having to do with FPS Creator and FPSC, I then delete the default FPS Creator directory and install V1. After installing V1 I did the V113 update. So that is all I had done. Before V113 was installed that script was not in the script folder but after installing it was there. I do this to make sure I am fully testing the new Betas so nothing get's overlooked. This is also why I have all of his data in a text file that I can easily refer to. Lee is allowing us to do beta testing and I just do it the way I have always done it. Whether you believe this or not I was a beta tester for Microsoft back in the 1980s and we had some very stringent guidelines which I helped design. Although, I have to admit I don't spend a lot of time with testing these updates.

Addendum #1:

Attached is a map for the test of light intensity and super gravity. I had done this once before and posted it in the v109 Beta thread but here is another one using Lee's fpi script. It is all stock objects so it should run right out of the box.

Addendum #2:

BTW, in the script, change the jump height value to 500 and see what happens. Be sure and then look down as you are going up, up, up, up and then down, down, down.

When you get within 150 (plrdistwithin) from the light marker (script is within the main of light marker) you will be able to do a super jump! You will no longer be super when you go further than 150. Of course that can be changed as well.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 22:53 Edited at: 26th Jul 2008 01:33
@Little Bill and Hybrid:

Of course, without knowing exactly how Lee is doing things we aren't exactly sure where the info is. One reason for this conclusion is that I discovered something interesting:

Referring to my previous post about installing V113, I looked into the registry. Remember I deleted everything in the registry having to do with FPSC (everything). After doing the fresh install of V1 and the upgrade to v113 I found only a couple of entries in the registry.

One entry referred to one of those encrypted file names "{B91E4360-298A-4306-9E95-9AD91A0952A1}" under an "uninstall" key.

The other was found under "The Game Creators\FPS Creator\1.00.000" There was only one value -- default -- and you know what? It was blank. Totally empty.

[Deleteted]

See my next post

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 23:15 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 19:14
I'm putting this in another post so that it will not be missed by simply editing my previous post. Also, I hope Lee doesn't mind these registry keys being exposed.

I must apologize, I forgot about another keyword that needs to be searched - fpscreator (without the space). This did have more results, Under "FPSCreatorEditorSettings." Here are the fields:

[ Edit: There are actually two locations with this information - found under two main registry keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_USERS\user code\Software. ]

* Always Display Purchased
* my_serial_code
* password
* username

The next key is found in an interesting place as you will see, "Dark Basic\FPSCREATOR." The fields:

* INSTALL-FILE
* INSTALL-FROM
* INSTALL-PATH

The INSTALL-PATH might be what the upgrades looks at as it does contain where I made the initial install. This might be what you want to change, but don't hold me to it.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
On a note, Paul Johnston helped me fix my issues.
Yay!

Astek

-Indestructible-

Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 01:18
F l a t l a n d e r
I didn't do a full search for the FPSC registry, just looked where I know that the registry was. And that default data file in the 1.00.10 folder is just a key that keeps the version.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 02:19
Hybrid,

For the record, I wasn't responding to or questioning what you had found, I was just relating what I had found in the registry after I had done a fresh V1 install and the V113 upgrade, which was done only until I deleted the registry from FPSC data. I was hoping that this would possibly help Little Bill.

I dislike forums only because it is difficult to get our ideas across without possibly offending somebody else. There were times I thought I should have been offended; but, they weren't even talking to me.

On another not, ASTEK, I'm glad you got it fixed. I think Paul is one of the technical guys and is responsible for the workings of the store.

RE Saving Variables:

I am surprised Lee hasn't gotten back to me about that. He usually is pretty responsive to my emails when it comes to beta versions. But, then, maybe I'm too late and he is beyond fixing anything else in the X9 version. If that is the case then perhaps it will be corrected in the migration version. And if we are all lucky maybe he will completely redo the variable system and make it more like Plystires system in his mod. [:Clap your hands all ye people

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 02:30
We can only hope......

Davidek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 00:19
It's been a long time since I don't log in here! I realy like the upgrades they're making! I can't wait for Ragdoll effects and faster frame rates!
Davidek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 00:19 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 00:20
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 06:51
Yea...Hope its timer based also. And the ragdoll deaths is the main feature I'm looking forward to! YUS!

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 12:06
The 2 main features that fpsc NEEDS are frame-rate and loading times. That's it. Then you can make a half-life clone without worrying about lag. You can use fantastic lighting without wating 3 hours.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 13:21
I've still not found this registry entry. Could anyone tell me where it actually is?

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
Dosn't work for me, probably because i am using windows vista 64 bit :/

v109 worked for me though, however i cant uninstall this beta because it wont appear on add/remove progs! I would uninstall the whole fpscreator but i lost the disk and i dont want to download it again if i am still able to get rid of the beta!

>:C halp
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 19:17
@Little Bill

Is your OS Vista? If not then did you see my last post to you on this page? I don't know what to say if you can't find it according to that post, except you might try doing a search using the search parameter of "fpscreator"

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 19:29
Tried that. And I'm using XP.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 20:15
Quote: "NEEDS are frame-rate and loading times"

Yes your ight thats really all we need. Right now. please tgc listen to us give me i mean us frame and loading updates.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 23:20 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 23:21
Noooo!!! V2, where are you!
Wait mod features! LIKE RECOIL AND IRONSIGHTS!!!!
Please Lee, don't let it be idle talk.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 01:34
@Little Bill,

Did you find those registry keys I listed and if so did you try changing the FPSC location? If you found them and changed the values OR if you did not find them, then you probably need to email technical support; unless somebody else has any ideas. What I had shown in my post are the only registry keys I could find that actually had an FPSC path value.

Hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 04:14
Re-install with the default path to fpsc, then look in the previously mentioned locations. That should be it.

Squelchy Tom
Years of Service
User Offline
fixed the problem, it was that bloody access controll thing that it even tells you to turn on. As soon as i turned it off again everything was perfectly fine.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 06:52
Well that just goes to show that following directions CAN make a difference.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok there seems to be a sudden halt now, there hasn't been a new update for a couple weeks or so. Hopefully something crops up soon, perhaps Lee you could let us know how you are getting on. We haven't heard from you in a while.

BJKDAW
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 17:08
Don't worry, bkinsman, I'm sure Lee is fine.
We can't expect him to give us updates too often, he is a very busy man, after all. But hopefully, he'll pop up from his coding cave and let us in on what's new soon.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 17:39 Edited at: 1st Aug 2008 17:41
You should not expect updates too frequently now. Apart from many other things Lee is obviously involved in doing he has the migration version to consider and that I can imagine is a considerable undertaking.

Lee and TGC dont generally post (waffle) and unless there is something of development importance to tell us. They do not post a running commentary of daily activities which used to be the case at one time. Nowadays they are to busy and for other reasons cannot any longer consider that option.

Hopefully when Lee posts next it might be at a time when there is some progress towards that migration version and will be worth the wait. I know there are a lot of us waiting for it with some degree of entusiasm for what it might provide in improvements to gamemaking with FPSC for us all.

I know that I am.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee has been very busy with the DBPRO physics contest guys... We aren't the only ones on the forum

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 04:18
Yup, and I don't know if he has finished updating DBPro but he has to keep his hands in that mix as well.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 05:01
Yea he is still in a beta with 7.0 of darkbasic pro also. I don't mind, give me time for work before I get distracted by the awesomeness of the migration.

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 18:47 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2008 18:56
very true, its just i think i got too used to hearing from Lee, like he would tell us everything that was going on i forget about DBPro. .

@ Sgt Rampage: i must admit i should start getting into it more before the migration.

@ Uman: i am sure your just as eager as us all I like how you made sure i understood that Lee was busy before finally putting in your own personal message lmao.

I think i need to get hold of DBPro and learn it well because i really think we could do with some multiplayer updates. The only problem is i will be learning from scratch as i have no knowledge of scripting

Hahaha keep up the good work Lee, good luck with everything.

P.S. I wasn't having a go Uman i was just pointing it out , the smiley faces are because i am in a very good mood, for no reason at all and finally sorry for going off topic)

BJKDAW
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 19:58
@bkinsman:

If you are young, like under 60 - younger the better, then you can probably learn it quickly. (Please don't tell me your age as it is against the rules and I don't need to know). DBPro is not a scripting language but a programming language. So, it is a little more difficult to learn than FPSC scripting, but, because FPSC is based on DBPro, learning a little about Dark Basic (You may not need to get DBPro) will help you with understanding how FPSC works.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 21:40
@Uman: Too right. Slightly off topic, but please correct me if Im wrong, aren't you from Wales? (I just have this niggling that you are)

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Flatlander: don't worry i ain't gonna tell you how old i am.

@creator of zombies: what do you mean @Uman, its me that went off topic, poor Uman shouldn't get the blame he was having a go at me.

Flatlander i may just take up your idea. But just to let you know that i still don;t understand FPSC scripts I'm a dummy thats what happens to my eyes

So anyway....DarkBasic will allow me to import the FPSCreator script will it? cos i wanted to see if i could modify the source code for FPSC to edit the multiplayer options and basically make them better.

(Please don't all expect to actually do this its just a wild idea i have)

BJKDAW
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 00:52
@bkinsman:
Quote: "what do you mean....."

I mean what it said. I was asking if Uman by any chance happened to be living in wales.

//Back on topic//

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
@creator of zombies: oh sorry, I read it wrong, i thought you were saying that Uman was off topic, but i see now that you meant that YOU were going slightly off topic.

Could someone please answer my question in my last post please?

BJKDAW
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 18:40
@bkinsman:

As I mentioned earlier, DBPro is not a scripting language but a programming language, therefore FPSC scripting cannot be used in DBPro.

I'm sorry that I confused the issue when I mentioned that "FPSC is based on DBPro." I didn't mean that the FPSC scripting was the same in DBPro. I'm not really sure how to explain it but it has to do with the concepts. FPSC is compiled using DBPro as the source. Therefore, understanding Dark Basic commands and its concepts might help in understanding the concepts of FPSC. In other words, the "compiler" looks at FPSC and converts everything into DBPro commands before compiling it into either a test level or a stand-alone exe file with all of the levels associated with it.

I hope this is clearer than mud.

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 21:39 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2008 21:40
Yeah much clearer thanks.

Anyway on topic: I haven't found any problems with the shop. Will test further to see if there are any problems.

BJKDAW
icycold 2367
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 22:39
Along the lines of incorporating mods i'd like to see the water from EFX Mod in FPS Creator since v1.7 has alot of bugs I don't like using it.

My Website Address...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 22:42
That's for the Migration, we're getting X10's water system, slightly better than Nighthawk's.....

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!! Thats the sort of thing i like to hear. thank you coffeegrunt

BJKDAW
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 18:29
Quote: "That's for the Migration, we're getting X10's water system, slightly better than Nighthawk's....."

I don't know about that. X10 has better looking water, but Lee said he probably wasn't doing much in the shader department, so don't expect it to look outstanding. And I sort of doubt it will have currents...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 09:07:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 09:07:27