Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V113 BETA - Public Test

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 19:16
Just a quick update on what has pulled me away. A deal that was made many months ago has attacked me, and I am preparing a new German version of FPS Creator and we realised the whole game creator store had to be translated. I felt this was a good use of time as it will increase the FPSC community, and get more people using the store and keeping the company well fed. I am also having to review all the PhysX competition entries and provide constructive critique which takes time to do correctly. Almost done though. I also also flirting with the idea of putting FPS Creator game engine out there as an open source project so anyone can apply features and fixes to the official latest version, rather than having these great MOD versions forcing you to choose one thing over the other. Right now I am looking at Google Code which is a free source code sharing system based on Subversion. My tests so far are very encouraging and I feel there is a potential here I have yet to grasp. The idea is that we can elect key developers within the community to collaboratively develop the engine, and open up the source code to read-only members who want to check out what is happening, suggest additions and fixes, and after a time become active developers themselves, might make for a very imteresting dynamic. TGC would protect its sales by keeping some of the code back, but as far as the main engine goes it would become a free open source foundation that everyone can contribute to. Just early thoughts and experiments at this stage, but it could spell the difference between a migration and actually leaving orbit. I have some duties to attend as well this week and I will have a stall at Dare To Be Digital next week, but the later end of next week and beyond I can come back to V113 and deal with the bug reports you have found. In the meantime, I hope V113 BETA is behaving itself compared to V112!

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 19:26 Edited at: 4th Aug 2008 19:27
Quote: "TGC would protect its sales by keeping some of the code back..."

Couldn't this cause some problems to developers (such as not having all the required code), or is the code that's being held back just the bare bones stuff that is'nt required by the core engine.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 20:02
creator of zombies,

Yes I live in South Wales.

bkinsman,

I was not having a go at you or anyone else. Just reiterating a few truths as I see them.

Now with the latest comments from Lee I am not quite sure where that leaves FPSC at all, nor where or when its likely to go from here. Hopefully it does not indicate a further long period of much uncertainty and perhaps unstability for FPSC developers and with that I think I should keep quite and say no more lest I say the wrong things.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I read your email to us Lee and it sounds like a good idea.

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 12:22 Edited at: 5th Aug 2008 12:24
@Uman: haha i know i think i am in the same boat as you there.

I understand that he is hoping to come back and fix more issues in FPSC at the end of next week, but basically i am assuming that he will give us the updated code and allow people to edit the engine how they want, tweak it here and there etc. Personally i'll wait for TGC to give the updates and add-ons as i don't like downloading loads of different things from here, there and evrywhere.

Oh and Urlforce Studios where can i download the released lemur version?

BJKDAW
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 17:48
BETA3 uploaded. I will release another BETA next week to deal with the issues raised in this thread. For now, I thought you might like these little features courtesy of AIRSLIDE

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow brilliant, thank you Lee many thanks. Will download now. So this basically just fixes for weapons then? anyway great job didn't expect anything until next week.

Your full of surprises, good luck with next week Lee.

BJKDAW
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, I may need to email you, but you are planning to release the final source code for 1.*** right?
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 06:21
Just downloaded myself, will test later

I love Jenkins forever :p
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 06:43
BUG REPORT!

I lost all muzzleflashes after installing Beta 3

Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 07:08
That is not a bug, they were most likely overwritten when it was installed. Just put them back in the corresponding folder.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 08:08
Awesome, will give it a spin now, I love the completely open source idea for more updated versions!

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 08:26
where can I get them from?

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 08:27
Get what from?

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
yes i must admit i am getting to like the idea of the open source, (i am currently teaching myself Visual Basic , hopefully when i completely learn it then i will be able to go further a field, i.e. DBPro, C++ etc.) i would love to have a thorough look at the FPSC source code lol.

BJKDAW
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 14:49 Edited at: 6th Aug 2008 14:50
Hi all,
everytime I save my levels this happens (see image). FPSC freezes and I can't open task manager, however, everything else works except the log off and shut down buttons in the start menu. No matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

Jonathan Hay

Attachments

Login to view attachments
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 20:37 Edited at: 6th Aug 2008 20:41
Actually, I think the flash is still there just extremely small, I noticed it using a modded colt 45

edit

I checked, all muzzleflashes are still under the gamecore/muzzleflash folder, and the gunspec I checked still has muzzleflash=1
muzzlesize=50

So I dont know...

I'll try reinstalling

bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
@Miposter you can't even use the Task Manager (as in ctrl, alt, delete?), wow thats unusual but can happen hmmmm, what to do there then.
First re-install the update and try it again.
If it still fails to work, then...
I think you should just back up all your work and then re-install FPSCreator and update directly to the latest beta version.

If the problem persists then re-install again and just use the "proper" (as in the one not in beta stage) released version on the fpscreator.com site.

If that don't work hopefully someone else can help you

BJKDAW
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 22:17
A word of advice to everyone or anyone who might need it, don't install directly from the zip/rar-archive, as this causes issues. Extract the installation file for the update to your harddrive, then install it. Solved the problems for me once.

Check out the Gunn3r Games web-site and its growing community, and expand the joy of indie development!
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 04:40 Edited at: 7th Aug 2008 05:10
ooh, I'll try

-edit-
nevermind

-edit again-

I just reinstalled, tried the update after unzipping it, still broke my muzzleflashes....

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 05:53 Edited at: 7th Aug 2008 11:18
meteorite, yep I lost em all too. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

I tried it out on all the mod pack 9 weapons and three WW2 weapons. None of them had a muzzle flash.

Edit:

I re-installed the official version of 1.12 and the muzzle flashes were there. I then did the v1.13 beta 1 upgrade and the muzzle flashes are still there. However, when I upgraded to beta 3, the muzzle flashes were not there. So as far as I can tell it is a bug with v113 beta 3.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
bkinsman
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for the info Flatlander i will keep this in mind, something extra for Lee to work on. lol

BJKDAW
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 17:29
I don't know why, but all of my muzzle flashes still work.

Best.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 18:09
alright, ill try 1.12, thanx flat

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't recall if Airslide fixed it, or if its a sound recording issue but when you reload the shotgun with one shell, it plays the sound of the whole 6 or so shells going in.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 20:24
Quote: "I don't know why, but all of my muzzle flashes still work."

I still had v113 beta 3 as the current version. Again, I tried it and still no muzzle flash. So, I just re-installed v113 Beta 1. The muzzle flashes now work. I re-installed v113 beta 3 and again the muzzle flashes do not work.

I noticed that the beta 3 version does not show as beta 3 but beta 1, so it will be confusing as to which one is currently being used.

Also, I forgot to mention that I made sure that after every re-install I deleted the BINs and DBOs.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 20:29
Ack! Sorry guys! I sent Lee the code, but accidentally sent him one of the wrong lines (just one mind you) where I had a float that had originally been an integer. I've sent him the fix that should bring your muzzle flashes back. I'm surprised Lee didn't notice it...

Quote: "I can't recall if Airslide fixed it, or if its a sound recording issue but when you reload the shotgun with one shell, it plays the sound of the whole 6 or so shells going in."

That's a sound issue, not an issue with the code. If you look at the wave files you'll see that one of them represents a full shotgun reload, you may want to cut it up to a single shell load and just use that.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 21:05
Quote: "Ack! Sorry guys! I sent Lee the code, but accidentally sent him one of the wrong lines (just one mind you) . . ."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that. If that is at all comforting to you.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 22:21
Hehe

I was taking it straight out of AirMod, where I have a timing system and therefore had to convert a lot of stuff to floats instead of integers. I thought I caught them all but I missed a line. The thing I don't get is that it doesn't look like that should cause the problem, but you never know...

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you look at the wave files you'll see that one of them represents a full shotgun reload, you may want to cut it up to a single shell load and just use that."

Thats what I figured it was. So will play it over and over until the ammo is full?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 00:21
Yup. Well, it might only be if you have the sound frame defined, I don't remember if it does it automatically. But if you set a sound frame for the reload animation it will call it each time.

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 17:28
Having it open source would be cool. Perhaps not true open-source but have the source code for all the EXE's bundled up on the CD and have an EXE version which requires you to enter your serial key. That way, I can't see it affecting sales at all.

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 02:03
I also have no muzzleflash
The beta 3 ran realy good i have 70 + ppl in a small map an had 32,21 FPS =)
I Will build More to the map cuz that was kinda fun Non stop shooting
Good work lee an to all the TGC member's

Hollow screams echo here,smell of never ending fear,smile of chaos,burning blood,lies of misery,feel of mud.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 02:21
21-32 fps with 70+ enemies?! What are your specs, and how did you achieve this!?

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 02:36
I'm really keen for some 1.13 source

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 02:54
Quote: "21-32 fps with 70+ enemies?! What are your specs, and how did you achieve this!?"

==PC 1 tested 32 FPS with out a drop==
Manufacturer: Alienware®
Processor: Intel® Core 2™ Extreme Processor Over-clocked to 4.0GHz — liquid cooled
Memory: 4608 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 2TB Total
Video Card: Dual ATI® Radeon™ HD 3870 with Crossfire™ Technology
Monitor: 30"Samsung 2560x 1600 (6ms)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
Speakers/Headphones: USB Hub
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows Vista® Home Premium
Motherboard:
Computer Case:

==PC 2 tested 32/21 FPS==

Manufacturer: MSI
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)64 Processor 3400+
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 500MB Total
Video Card: ATI® Radeon™
Monitor: 30"Samsung 2560x 1600 (6ms)
Sound Card: Sound Blaster
Speakers/Headphones: USB Hub
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP
Motherboard:
Computer Case:

Hollow screams echo here,smell of never ending fear,smile of chaos,burning blood,lies of misery,feel of mud.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 03:27
that explains the high fps, and alienware, I wish I could afford that lol

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 03:41 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 03:41
I've been able to have around 30 characters without any lag, but I think 70 would be pushing it

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 03:45 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 03:53
Quote: "I've been able to have around 30 characters without any lag, but I think 70 would be pushing it"

Ya i think if i game the map out no one would get to do any thing
They will be frozze with lagg

I alway's test the beta's like that
The sniper map i did when v1.9 was in beta had over 100+ ppl an had 15 fps

Edit: I found one more bug.
The door frame texture's wont show.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 04:06
Check their .FPS files, they're probably pointing to the wrong pathname.....

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 06:05
The door frame was an issue before and I thought it was fixed. Is this with version 1.13 beta 3 or beta 1? Did you try it with the official version 1.12, if it was?

I'll see if I can get a problem with the door frame. Of course, I'm not sure if I would use the wooden door with the cellar but that might not have anything to do with it anyway. I'm off to do some testing.

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 06:12 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 06:18
Quote: "The door frame was an issue before and I thought it was fixed. Is this with version 1.13 beta 3 or beta 1? Did you try it with the official version 1.12, if it was?

I'll see if I can get a problem with the door frame. Of course, I'm not sure if I would use the wooden door with the cellar but that might not have anything to do with it anyway. I'm off to do some testing."

Yes i tryed 1.12 still the same
I was trying all the door's an still the texture's wont show.
I will post a screen of the v1.12 doing the same thing
:EDIT
V 1.12 screen doing the same thing

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 06:28
Weird

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 06:41 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 06:43
Do you delete the Bins and DBOs each time you reinstall a version?

When I first constructed a cellar with all of the WW2 doors and then ran the test level, all the doors were fine. I then tried testing the different lighting texturing and using full shaders. So far so good. Then I added some ground around the cellar room and place the player marker outside of the cellar and when I went inside the cellar all the doors were fine except the deadbolt door. I never had the above problem, the frame just disappeared and I'm not sure why. Here is the image.

I deleted all the BINs and DBOs but that didn't help. However I then built the level and ran it. All the doors including the one above were just fine. Here is the door within the compiled game.

So, I don't know what's up with that. The issue I'm having is difficult to duplicate and I was not at all able to duplicate what you have run into, Clock Works.

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 06:47
Quote: "I was not at all able to duplicate what you have run into, Clock Works."

Ya i dont know.
I can give you the .fpm

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 06:57 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 07:13
Then, another crazy thing is I shut down the app. Restarted it and loaded the level back up. Now all the doors are fine and I was trying to get to where I had the disappearing door frame and couldn't do it again. I added a couple of crates and here is a screenie of three doors. The one you were using on the left and on the far right is the deadbolt. All fine.

I'll download your fpm and then put up a screenie of what I get.

Addendum:

You didn't tell me I had to fight my way to the door.

First of all, I got the same thing. No textures. The frames were there but they looked just like your screenies. One big difference was that you you have lights. I haven't tried deleting them or deleting the doors and the bins and dbos and then adding the doors from my library. Gotta try everything possible.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 07:37 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 07:41
The following image shows a new door after I deleted the lights, the angry men, and the doors. I saved the fmp and then I added the doors from my FPSC library. The door is fine.

I reloaded your original map but this time only deleted the doors and then saved the map. I then added the door from my FPSC library. Here is the image:

So, I don't know what exactly to suggest.

Here's the above image with gamma correction.

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 07:48
Ohh so i delete the light's?
Im kinda lost lol
An the 3 guy's going to the door where just for fun lol i like killin.
But ill try what you did an see if i can get it to work
Ohh an the map2.fpm
Um.. you can try it if you want lol that's the map with 70+ ppl =)

Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 07:54
Upload your .fps of the door that's not working.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 11:29 Edited at: 9th Aug 2008 23:39
I'm sorry Clock Works. It probably was confusing. I can be that way on folk.

It's not the lights. It's the doors themselves. Either it is in your fps file (As Woolfman asked upload your fps file so someone can take a look at it.) There might be something in there that has changed somehow. Maybe upload your texture file as well. You will find its location within the fps file.

I took a look at map2 but was afraid to run it.

I might slowly build up to that number. My machine isn't bad but not as powerful as your super-gaming computer you had mentioned.

Addendum:

I was just thinking that the FPM I used does not include the actual files (fps, fpe, meshes and textures) needed to produce the door. One would think that it uses what is already in the FPSC Library. So why the FPM creates a gray door frame at first and then when it is deleted and replaced it is OK, is beyond me. Quite confusing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:46:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:46:49