Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V113 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 04:59
I can help out a bit with that, CG. Just mail me... as this isn't the place to speak such words.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 12:27
Check your E-Mail Ply.....

Modulator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2008 06:15
hey im new to FPSC, and these are probably dumb questions, but what exactly is V113 BETA? is it an update to FPSC? is it made by TGC? also, can i use it and still sell the game i make?

-thanks for the help

-
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 06:16
@Deamon03

welcome to the forums and FPSC.

1. V113 is an update
2. it is made by tgc
3. yes you can

ZbVld
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello!
After updating to version 1.1.3 beta4 to observe began very often an error (it is shown in the attached file).

Who can tell, what it means?

Sorry my English. I from Ukraine.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 19:39
Very simply, it means that there was an unexpected error. LOL

You give almost no info to go on, so I'll take a wild guess. I understand that the latest updates moved the store out of the program... or something like that. Reasoning that and the pic showing the error when you try to view a models info, I would guess that it might be a pop-up problem.

Try checking your browser settings (use another browser if you have one just to narrow down the problem) and any other security/pop-up settings or programs you have installed.

If this is way off, it's because it's a guess. Good luck.

Best.

Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 19:52
Quote: "Features refract and reflection etc, I'm pretty sure this is the method Nighthawk uses..."

Hah no

efxMod's Rendering/Shader Setup Code is completely different and highly optimized
It reminds me a bit of the efxMod 1.4 times, thought

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 19:56
Lucky, I can't even merge the Ultimate Shader Pack's water into my engine.....

It just won't work, when I add it in, the plain disappears along with the skybox...

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 14:20
Lee, for the next installment in the update, can you PLEASE concentrate on the stuff FPSC needs. All it needs right now is peformance. There are peformance mods, but all mods are 1.07. Please sort out the lag. EFX mod (without water,bloom) runs at 60fps throughout my whole level. Can you please try and make peformance throughout FPSC as good as this?

Thanks, Aaagreen.

The Simon Cowell of TGC.
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 18:09 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2008 18:11
The most important things to me right now are:

1. Performance (less lag and getting randomly "stuck")

2. When loading a saved game, the bodies are still there and the player weapon is still in hand.

3. Ragdoll

4. Arms for all weapons (inc. sci-fi ones)

Thanks!

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 20:00
Why don't we just stop beating around the bush and ask Lee to scrap FPSC X9 and start from scratch?

That's what you're all basically asking him to do right now.

Fact of the matter is, Lee has implemented all the performance optimizations he could come up with. On top of that, when he asked everyone if all was good... none of you stepped up to tell him "it isn't good enough yet, keep working".

If efx runs so smoothly for you, then use efx and wait for the newest source to come out, then you can tell Nighthawk "it isn't good enough yet, keep working" when he's busting his _____ to get everything ported over to the new source for you guys.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2008 20:55
Quote: "EFX mod (without water,bloom) runs at 60fps"

Press the X button in game to get this in any other mod or update, Nighthawk uncpaaed the framerate to run at it's max potential....

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 01:36
well spoken ply

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
zefua
Years of Service
User Offline
A 2byte letter wants you to be usable by a chat at time of the multi-play
puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2008 18:20
LeeBamber say :"Courtesy of Airslide, a number of small feature"

I need gun recoil ,like AriMod ...

I want reality gun fire !!

plz!!

NAVER - PUPPYSSS = TGC - Fpsc Bug Reporter
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 02:12
Lets be grateful for all the performance updates Lee provided during the v1.08 development.

He also mentioned that he will consider features seen in FPSC mods for inclusion into the engine which has already been done with some Airmod functionality going in.

To my knowledge the EFX guys haven't sent Lee their code but just asked him for feedback so there's not much chance of features from that mod going in.

Lee's not daft. If introducing a timer based system or uncapping the frame rate is the best thing to do for the engine it will happen.

If EFX mod works better for you from a performance point of view then use that for the time being but lets see what comes out of the migration.

Personally I'd prefer to see Lee drop support for X9 completely and let the mod community take care of it so he can focus on X10 100% which has far more chance of becoming a commercially viable game engine. Also FPSC X10 uses the full performance of your graphics card unlike X9 so you get much better performance just from switching over to that version.

I don't want him to wait until all the other developers out there start producing really cool dx10 stuff and allow FPSC to fall too far behind the curve. I thought that was the whole point, to have a cutting edge engine that gives the best possible chance of making something current and relevant.

FPSC X9 has had its day in the same way XP has. If you feel the extra work Lee is putting into the X9 engine is in vein given the performance why ask for anything at all. Let him progress the X10 engine and see how far he can take it.

It's like asking Rockstar games to see if they wouldn't mind releasing the next GTA back on PS2 just to see how much they can get out of it instead of making significant improvements based upon new hardware that can handle it.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 02:39
Quote: "Lee's not daft. If introducing a timer based system or uncapping the frame rate is the best thing to do for the engine it will happen. "

And I thought everyone here knew better how to run a company and develop an engine. LOL My faith in reasoning beings has been restored. Thanks for that.

Not to get too far off topic, but I think that Lee has spent so much time on X9 because it has been a money maker. Just my guess. I'm sure he'll know when it's reached it's peak and it's time to give it over to the public. You can't miss or doubt his dedication to the product or customer, but he's also a business man.

I anxiously await the next update and what improvements it will bring.

Best.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 04:55
As much as I'd like to see more effort put in X10, it's just not an option for a large portion of the developers here. By supporting X9 for awhile longer TGC will bring in even more users and existing users will probably be more likely to upgrade to X10 thanks to the attention given to X9 (as in they'll expect good support).

Personally I would like Lee to get DBP X10 out already so I can start making AirMod X10

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 11:56 Edited at: 4th Sep 2008 11:57
[Commercial ON]
With FPSC X10 you can make games for Windows Vista.
Vista gamers around the world will love you for it.
All nine of them!

[/Commercial OFF]

Seriously, way too few gamers have the rigs to play FPSC X10 games. It's just not cool making games that practically no one can play. FPSC X9 may not be a speedy gonzales engine but most people can actually run an play the games.

edit: I own both X9 and X10 and have the req. pc to run X10 fluently but I still use X9 since that is where the audience is.
Ehetyz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 12:02
Quote: "Lee, for the next installment in the update, can you PLEASE concentrate on the stuff FPSC needs. All it needs right now is peformance. There are peformance mods, but all mods are 1.07. Please sort out the lag. EFX mod (without water,bloom) runs at 60fps throughout my whole level. Can you please try and make peformance throughout FPSC as good as this?
"

I'd settle for some solution to the hideous AI drain FPSC is suffering from.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2008 21:04
I think everyone here who has used FPSC for longer than a couple weeks is well aware of the AI limitations and lagability.

I have shared my thoughts with Lee about how it can be improved upon and the performance can be improved. So, when the time comes, I'm sure it will happen. If Lee does not work on the AI, you can be sure one of the modders will... perhaps a modder who has put much effort into the AI portion of FPSC..

The one and only,

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2008 20:15
See the Ply's Mod thread for more info.....

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 19:41
BETA5 uploaded. If you have store crashes, email paul@thegamecreators.com with a good level of information for him to reproduce the problem as this is his special area. If you get the grey editor bug, try re-installing from your original CD or download file, and if that fails, email me directly for more info. This should represent the near final BETA before we make V113 available from the auto update feature. Let me know in this thread or email if you are getting crashes in V113 you did not get in V112. Thanks.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2008 20:40
Do the modification to bone processing mean that we can have large enemy bosses back, such as Tornado's helicopter and Rolfy's walkerbot?

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do the modification to bone processing mean that we can have large enemy bosses back, such as Tornado's helicopter and Rolfy's walkerbot?"

I think I might have something to do with that one, as my chainsaw monster uses a lot of bones...

Thanks Lee!

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 03:17
I only managed to get the bone count per mesh to 60 before the shader refused to take any more matrix data, so I guess 60 is your top limit for 'bones per mesh', but can have more bones just dont associate them all with a single mesh, use a few meshes. Also make sure no more than four bones influence once vertex or the shader will throw another wobbler. I thought about adding a mode for GPU skinning so bone limit is not a factor, but do you really want to take this step backwards into CPU land? Feedback welcome.

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "just dont associate them all with a single mesh"

That's what I ended up doing in the end, making the chainsaw chain it's own mesh, and I got away with only using 20 bones to animate it's rotation around the chainsaw. So I still have plenty of wiggle room if 60 is the limit. Plus it spins so fast anyway that any mesh intersections are unnoticeable.

I really can't think of any other circumstances where I would need more than 60 bones per mesh, so this limit is fine with me.

----------------------------------------
"bond1 - You see this name, you think dirty."
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 04:24
I vote for 5 segment high entities to be used as bosses!

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 05:33
YAY! If only someone had a t-rex model they felt like giving away :p

I love Jenkins forever :p
There is nothing to fear except fear itself... and FPSC bugs.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 02:57
Thanks Lee

Quote: "I vote for 5 segment high entities to be used as bosses!"

This is actually a good point. I remember Rolfy's walker was quite big.

Is it possible to make a big character using the default FPSC bi-ped skeleton? I know scaling a character using the scale command in its .fpe just throws the hit detection out.

I'm thinking something along the lines of that seen in the attached pic in terms of size.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 22:39
Store does not work with this beta
When I click on Store nothing happened.
I also get this message

Runtime Error
Program/...m Files\The Game Creators\FPSC-MapEditor.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

Even in File / Preference is the login and password for the store disappeared

And if I click on Recent file i got this message

The instruction on 0x00417a0b refers to memory 0x00000004.
The read or write operation ( "read")
on the memory failed

If I install patch 1.12.001 back i have no proplems
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 22:48
The store does work with this beta.Works fine for me and lots of other people.
If you read Lee's post about the latest beta and the store it will tell you who to contact.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 23:25 Edited at: 10th Sep 2008 23:26
Hi Cram,

It also works for me and Fred mentioned that Lee doesn't want problems with the store posted in this thread. Here is what Lee said about any store problems:

Quote: "If you have store crashes, email paul@thegamecreators.com with a good level of information for him to reproduce the problem as this is his special area."

I provided the email auto-link for those who would rather just click their mouse.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 03:48
Tried this out, and the FPSC Game file won't run...

I'll try re-installing.......

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 04:31 Edited at: 17th Sep 2008 04:32
I'm still having a problem with saving a game and then when reloading it causes an error. The following is the sequence. You first save the level and then exit completely out of the game. Now you run it.

Then click on load and so on and so forth.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 05:16
That's a pretty serious bug, FL.

Have you sent the map you're using to Lee for inspection?

The one and only,

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 05:46
That's what Nickydudes game did when I tried to do the same thing. The game played fine, and saves seemed to work as well, but whenever you try to load a saved game, you get that error. It's just in the last one or two updates. I can't verify which one, but I can second FL's findings.

Best.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 02:53
Hi Guys,

LOAD GAME bug fixed for BETA6. I am close to calling this one good enough for an official V113 release. If anyone has any urgent last minute appeals, email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com. Thanks again for the great feedback!

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 22:48
Quote: "Store does not work with this beta
When I click on Store nothing happened.
I also get this message

Runtime Error
Program/...m Files\The Game Creators\FPSC-MapEditor.exe
R6025
-pure virtual function call

Even in File / Preference is the login and password for the store disappeared

And if I click on Recent file i got this message

The instruction on 0x00417a0b refers to memory 0x00000004.
The read or write operation ( "read")
on the memory failed

If I install patch 1.12.001 back i have no proplems "

Same problem
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2008 23:44 Edited at: 18th Sep 2008 23:48
Although, Lee doesn't want store problems in this thread, my suggestion for the moment is why don't you download the stand-alone software for the store. It is available here: http://thegamecreators.com/?gf=store

Just click on download. Not very large so most should be able to download in a reasonable amount of time. There is a special "download settings" button. Click on it and then click on the presets down arrow key for the drop down menu and select FPSC. Choose the "Make these my default settings" if you would like to.

Addendum:

Lee said, "If you have store crashes, email paul@thegamecreators.com with a good level of information for him to reproduce the problem as this is his special area."

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 14:51 Edited at: 20th Sep 2008 14:57
Will FPSC v1.13 require the DirectX October 2006 or the DirectX March 2008 build?

As I have written here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=137181&b=28 I find it problematic that FPSC (at least some versions) puts very high demands on the players installed DirectX version. It's potentially 70-80 MB of extra download for them that they don't know they need.
the dark ale
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi.
Lee can you add resetplrweapons , bloodspurt and bloodsplash from AirMod? will it be possible to add the dynamic shadows to the enemies in the future?
sorry for my bad English
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 20:03
Dynamic shadows on enemies is available with FPSC X10

The new dynamic shadows system in EFX mod is a lot better than standard FPSC X9 one so use that.

Lee isn't planning to add dynamic shadows to animated entities anytime soon so you'd be better off asking nicely in Nighthawks official EFX mod thread.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 20:39
Yeh, although I guess it would be using Stencil Shadow shaders available with DBP, I bet my money that it isn't easy to apply in the FPSC engine's context, and the frame rate would crash-dive....

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 03:46
cram : Did the store work with the previous BETA for you? Try it now and let me know

Scurvy Lobster : FPSC X9 requires at least DirectX October 2006 as it is based on the DBP compiler which has the same minimum requirements.

the dark ale : No plans to add anything to the current X9, just stability fixes and getting it nice and rounded before I head off to migration land and pour an insane number of new features to your next instalment

Any more problems with BETA6 guys, shall we call this a good V113 version for the public?

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 04:20
I would say yes Well for me anyway
Great job yet again Lee!

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 04:44
No probs with 113, everything seems to work well. I'd say it's ready to be public.

I have had this little thought tumble about my mind... As some coder might see from this post, I'm not an expert on the subject. But what I want to know is, would it be possible, in theory, to port the engine over with the current Dark GDK library, and would it affect performance for the better?

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Roger Wilco:
While that's completely possible, and in theory, DBP code could be converted on a line-by-line basis to DGDK, (Most of the rendering stuff, at least. Obviously this doesn't apply to strings and such.) and it probably would bring performance up, it would ruin most mods, unless TGC were to release a cheaper commercial version of DGDK.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 13:09
DGDK is free, I'd say that's cheap enough....

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 19:28 Edited at: 21st Sep 2008 19:29
@ CG:
Not for commercial use, then it's $400. I was going to learn it until I found that out...

Why not $70 like DBP?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:33:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:33:58