Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V113 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 22:05
So it would be possible to port the engine to Leadwerks engine? That would be really cool.

BUMP = Bring Up My Post
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 04:53
As far as I'm concerned, looks like it is good to go.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 06:52
Quote: "So it would be possible to port the engine to Leadwerks engine? That would be really cool."

You have fun with that

Have you seen the FPSC source? Now add the awesome features of leadwerks to it - and then realize that leadwerks doesn't support many of the DBP commands added specifically for FPSC - and you start to see a problem.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 01:33
Leadwerks is ok

Its got some neat features like the real time unified light and shadows system but requires coding and lacks the charm of FPSC.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 02:25
You see, requiring coding is a standard for any engine, FPSC is rather unique in that respect. Personally I think that leadwerks is worth far more than the $150 it's selling for (at least as far as I can tell, though I hope to find out soon!).

And if you've ever tried to implement a good lighting system in DBP you'll realize that Leadwerk's version is more than "neat"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:01:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:01:41