Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V113 BETA - Public Test

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2008 23:46
Hi Guys,

Find BETA4 uploaded which corrects the missing muzzle flash and resolves the losing of critical global and local game data during the SAVE/LOAD process. This version also includes a new store system which now runs in a DLL rather than tied to the main software for better updating in the future. Let me know if anything is worse than before and I will take a look. Hopefully this version is stable and we can use it as the official V113 in a short while. Have fun!

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:12
2 bug's
I still get the no door frame texture's
game lag's so bad with just 10 ppl in it

I tryed makeing a new map with no light's an just the floor an dorr still no door frame texture's
I even made the map with the floor and every thing an just added the door still no door frame texture's
I tryed retextureing the door's still no door frame texture's

WTH am i nagging bout i just use the new beta's for the store
Ill stick with mod's

good luck

Hollow screams echo here,smell of never ending fear,smile of chaos,burning blood,lies of misery,feel of mud.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:25
Clock Works,

It may be just you. All my door frames appear correctly.

Best.

Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:29 Edited at: 14th Aug 2008 01:31
Quote: "It may be just you. All my door frames appear correctly."

I dont know bout that
Quote: "First of all, I got the same thing. No textures. The frames were there but they looked just like your screenies"

I never get this bug with 1.12 or lower or any mod's

Hollow screams echo here,smell of never ending fear,smile of chaos,burning blood,lies of misery,feel of mud.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 00:40 Edited at: 14th Aug 2008 03:16
[EDIT]
Editted, thank you, Clock Works.
[/EDIT]

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 01:05 Edited at: 14th Aug 2008 03:01
Clock Works,

As far as the door frames, I've gone through that in previous posts, therefore, I don't know what else to say. I believe it is working for at least 99.9% of those testing this beta.

Edit:

See one of those previous posts that uses your map and you will see the door post is good using Beta 1 and 4.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Woolfman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 02:13
Clock Works: If you want help "Upload your .fps of the door/doors that's not working."
Clock Works
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 03:23
Ya im not going to worry bout it cuz every one has dif bug's
Some ppl have bug's that i dont have
So w/e ill just wait maybe they will fix it
Anyway's Good work lee
@Plystire
Ya your right.it suck's anyway's lol ***I didnt say that*** >.> <.<
I will work around with it to see what is going on.
But in the new beta4 the frame texture's do show up in test game.B4 they didnt
Well im going beck to my c++ c# tut's =)
trying to learn dark gdk an XNA =) So fare so good

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 06:29
I just downloaded the new beta and I will say good work like always.

I fooled around with the new commands and made a script that gives a remote controlled exploding object.

In other words I took an object and gave it a script so when it activates it explodes with the subhealth=x command.

Slight problem it downgraded my FPSC to FPSC free, so I can't build games anymore please solve.

looking for an ally script? Then visit http://www.freewebs.com/crazymonkeygamers/
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 08:43
@Gamer X:

This issue has been brought up a lot and if you read the ReadMe, I believe it talks about how to resolve this issue. (It's a serial number issue in one of the files)

The one and only,

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2008 15:04
Thanks Ply I figured it out,
but it wasn't through the Read me file.

looking for an ally script? Then visit http://www.freewebs.com/crazymonkeygamers/
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 03:48
ughhh, I greatly dislike it when people edit their old posts out, it makes me curious... that kind of thing can keep you up at nights you know :p

I love Jenkins forever :p
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 03:49
Don't worry about it, meteorite. If it wasn't worth keeping then it wasn't worth reading.

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 06:07
I happened to have read it before it was edited, meteorite and he's right. wasn't worth reading.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 15:06
@Flatlander

Your new avatar disturbs me......

@Meteorite

Don't worry, Ply wasn't insulting you....I think.....

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2008 23:33
Quote: "Your new avatar disturbs me......"

Uncle Fester

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2008 00:47
I appreciate your honesty. I've been told that I look like Uncle Fester from the "Addams Family" so, I thought I would try it out. How about this one? This was his famous trick. Lighting up a light bulb just by placing it into his mouth.The Addams Family was a comedy series many years ago in the US. Basically a satire on the "horror" genre. Actually I wasn't planning on keeping it for very long. Just wanted to see if anybody noticed.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2008 01:48
Yeh...I know who the Addams family are......

Kenster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2008 19:24
I am having issues with all upgrades past V1.09. when I try and make segments they all turn out grey and test run won't work. any advise? thanks
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 01:57
Clock Works : Okay, I will not chase the door texture issue for you. I am sure it was something quirky with your installation but we can catch that again down the road.

Kenster : Please provide a little more information and a screenshot as a JPG of your grey segments, thanks. What exactly happens when you click the Test Level button, a screen shot of that too would be good.

If there are any more issues with BETA4 not present in previous V113 betas, let me know. BETA5 pending...

"Small, smart and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom coders aren't extinct after all "
Kenster
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 03:18
Lee, When ever I upgrade from v1.09 the segments don't show up and the test build doesn't work at all.I have checked the texture paths and they are all good. As I was saying everything works fine until I upgrade higher than 1.09. attached is a screen shot of what I get.

Kenster

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 12:38
Make sure that you run the removal tool for .DBO and .BIN objects (FPSCreatorCleaner) first, then run the updater.

Crazyx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 00:04 Edited at: 19th Aug 2008 00:04
i Love 1.13 Beta 4 and it seams fps improved a bit i love it
Kenster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 02:37
were would I get FPSC Creator Cleaner?
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
kenster its in you fpsc folder right in there search around you'll see it
Kenster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 03:03
Thanks hockeykid, I deleted all the files and checked to make sure they were all gone. I ran the update and the same thing happens all gray. none of the segments appear.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 04:05
@Kenster:

Others have had that problem in previous updates and I think they have given up with the newer versions.

Sometimes it is helpful for Lee to know what your exact hardware set up is. Processor speed, hard drive space, RAM (memory), the make of the video card and if it has dedicated memory and how much.

Lee had made this request as well:

Quote: "What exactly happens when you click the Test Level button, a screen shot of that too would be good."

You might want to also try uninstalling V1. The original installation. Then re-install (do not re-install on top of V1). Once you have re-installed then update to v1.13 beta 4. When it asks to delete all the DBOs and BINs, respond with pressing the "Y" key to delete them.

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 00:58 Edited at: 20th Aug 2008 00:58
This beta gives next problem with shaders off and on.
I have an ati radion X1950 GT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDUuOUpIba8

patch 12 no problem
Battle King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 00:40
I have a question once lee why do not you build also bloom and water in the FPSC X9?

Not that I urge you will somehow or so is just a question

oh yes, the update is great

The Darkness is coming...
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2008 09:16
Quote: "I have a question once lee why do not you build also bloom and water in the FPSC X9?

Not that I urge you will somehow or so is just a question

oh yes, the update is great"

Omg...Look at the x10 migration. Covered over and over again.

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 01:40
Quote: "I have a question once lee why do not you build also bloom and water in the FPSC X9?"

I don't think Nighthawk has released the source code for EFX.

I don't think Lee will be implementing water and bloom into FPSC X9 as part of the migration. TGC will probably want to keep a few things exclusive to X10 and it might well be a performance consideration.

Now that EFX mod is out there he doesn't really need to anyway.
Battle King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2008 21:39
yeah i know i am have the efx beta but i ask this because hmm ok its dont matter äm why do you think lee will probably keep thinks X10 exclusive i mean yeah the X10 have DX10 spectivic fetures why is water a X10 spectivic feture? so i think its dont matter what coming up lee?

The Darkness is coming...
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 19:08 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2008 19:08
Lee already announced that bloom and water will not be implemented into FPSC X9 as part of the migration so we have to assume at this point in time he believes it would be detremental or in other words too much of a performance hit.

After all he just spent a whole bunch of time trying to improve the frame rate and performance of the engine so adding bloom and water would probably undo all that work.

The only other factor is that TGC might be keeping it as an X10 exclusive feature for now as X10 is still relatively untouched since release.

Again, EFX mod is here and now so I think there are more important things to ask Lee for at the moment like errr a decent bump shader that allows normal mapped segments.

I wish!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 19:22
I think we could probably get Lee to put in basic water, and if he goes with the Google Code idea (or whatever it's called) then we might be able to convince Plystire to put it in. It would definitely need a basic render mode as an option, as in not the fancy reflection/refraction, just default to a flat plain with a texture...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 22:23
Yeh, in fact I could code that in. I've managed to implement a basic reflective Fresnel water plain, none of that fancy water colouration stuff, but I'm still proud of it......

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 23:24
I've got a bug with this (and other versions): all of the gun sounds are cut short in-game, but in the Sound Recorder, they're fine. No one's responding to my thread in Bug Reports so I decided to post here.

I'm back...again
Battle King
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 23:33
@Nomad Soul

yes, you have quite possible

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 19:11
Quote: "Yeh, in fact I could code that in. I've managed to implement a basic reflective Fresnel water plain, none of that fancy water colouration stuff, but I'm still proud of it......"

Handling the shader and such isn't the hard part (unless you have timer based movement and you didn't setup animations right), it's the water physics. THAT's what I want from Plystire

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 19:21
Yeh, it basically this:

Well, kinda....

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 20:15
CG, I see you are already using your DBPro. Cool.

Scope
Years of Service
User Offline
QOUTE "you will get full XP and Vista compatibility, all the great game features like water, ragdoll, physics improvements, score system and much of everything else we added to FPS Creator X10 this last year." LEE'S QOUTE FOR THE MIGRATION VERSION.
Scope.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2008 21:00
Quote: "CG, I see you are already using your DBPro."

Don't expect a mod though mate, I can't compile 'em as I don't have DarkLights......

Ply's offered to implement anything useful that I code into his mod though.....

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 01:44
Ah, that's not the code I was thinking of. I was thinking of the version that requires multiple cameras and has the advanced reflection/refraction.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 03:09
Meh. Too advanced for me......

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 08:52
Hey CoffeeGrunt, take a look at the ultimate shader pack and fiddle with the parallax mapping and water in there. Thats where I get quite alot of my code ideas!
Example for a small water demo with movable camera etc.

Features refract and reflection etc, I'm pretty sure this is the method Nighthawk uses...

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 14:05
I have the USP, it's awesome, I'm just trying to implement the water into my existing "game engine"........

That's where the problems are....but I'll work it out.....

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 01:35
I had always thought that Evolved's example sources were pretty self-explanatory.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 02:21
They are, but upon implementing a part concerning the multi-camera water rendering. It says camera not found at line XX, so I add make camera 1, (the required cam), and it says camera already exists at line XX.......

The default camera is camera 0, right?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 03:05
Yea, default is camera 0. I've never had much luck implementing full screen effects into my game engines, I guess I usually end up missing or changing something vital when trying to port it over to my style of organization

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 03:25
Same, I followed RUCCUS' FPS tutorial, then adapted the engine to use Sparky's Collision, then added terrain that the player collides with semi-successfully, (it can walk, but it walks right through vertical structures, I need to work on my raycasting)......

Then a skybox, but adding the water just isn't working for some reason......

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:35:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:35:36