Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Forum President Elections

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 05:46
ok, this is getting stupid. lets just elect me already and get this over with.

IntelCore2Duo@2.60GHz-4GB RAM-NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M-Windows Vista Business 32bit
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 05:56 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 05:56
Quote: "ok, this is getting stupid. lets just elect Zeus already and get this over with."

You're right, let's just elect Zeus and get this nonsense over with...
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 06:31 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 06:35
Quote: "I don't think Omega has enough experience to be our President."

Hmm... Just like OBAMA didn't have enough experience?! BOOM! OWNED! Count it!
Quote: "It's a good thing my political powers extend to the manipulation of your subconsious... just like all elections. Besides, forcefields and matrixes aside, S.M.I.L.E. industries holds the majority shares of OmegaLand. See, the pen is much mightier than the sword. (Hm, I quite like that, I'll have to self-quote that one)"

SEE?! WHAT did I tell you? He's still pretending to be in this race and have free will of his own. He's REALLY hypnotized and under my control. I ORDERED him to say that stuff. So, even if you vote for Pus, and even if he wins, I'LL still be in control. Pus would just be a figure head.

ALSO, I've noticed something interesting...
NONE of the candidates have mentioned what political party they represent! In a presidential election, there are the two main parties, one of which always wins, and then there are the meaningless third-parties. WELL, I just thought I'd let you all know that these are the two parties:
The Re-code-icans
And the De-modeler-crats.
As the founder of BOTH parties, I have secured the nominations of BOTH parties.
SO, all the other candidates are third-party. (IE, they have no chance of winning. )
So, go ahead and declare you pathetic third parties, I have the nomination from both of the main ones. (Plus a few of the third-party ones.) My victory is all but assured.
ALSO, if you only/mainly coding/are best at coding, you are AUTOMATICALLY a Re-code-ican.
If you only/mainly do modeling/are best at modelling, you are AUTOMATICALLY a De-modeler-crat.
I do BOTH equally well, which is why I have BOTH nominations.
FYI, I also have the nomination for the Sound-effect-eticians, the Textur-atolists, AND the Cinemati-calians.

www.threeswordsproductions.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:03
Well, this race has officially hit a new low with the recent uprising of another "Omega Argument" courtesy of his classic "Your argument is invalid... just because" tactic.

I hereby withdraw from the race, and I am putting forth a vote for every candidate, except Omega Gamer 89.... he recieves negative 9,743,156,324,899 votes.

@Omega:

Yet the fact still remains that your debating skills are subpar to a 3-year-old.

At this rate, you run the risk of losing any kind of ground and becoming subpar to an unborn child.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:10 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 07:11
Quote: "Yet the fact still remains that your debating skills are subpar to a 3-year-old."

And yet, even if that WERE true, my debating skills would still be greater than yours. My debating skills are beyond anything you could ever hope to achieve. You just don't seem to get the fact that the way to win this IMAGINARY election is with arguments about IMAGINARY things!
IE: OmegaLand, S.M.I.L.E. industries, TGC political parties, new jobs for forum-ers, etc.
Besides, we ALL know you only pulled out of the race because you KNOW you had no chance of winning. You KNEW you couldn't handle the REAL issues, and so you quit.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:16 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 07:19
Quote: "You just don't seem to get the fact that the way to win this IMAGINARY election is with arguments about IMAGINARY things?"

Is that a question or a statement?
It seems your grammatical skills are ALSO an imaginary aspect of your campaign.

Quote: "You KNEW you couldn't handle the REAL issues, and so you quit."

Funny, I thought you JUST said that the key to winning was about IMAGINARY issues.

Again, your debating skills are subpar. You are now dangerously close to reaching the point of not returning from the point of no return.

Quote: "Besides, we ALL know you only pulled out of the race because you KNOW you had no chance of winning."

This coming from the candidate trailing by a whopping 9,743,156,324,897 votes. (You have 2 IMAGINARY votes that I decided to include in your favor.... just because )

Quote: "the way to win this IMAGINARY election is with arguments about IMAGINARY things!"

Such as your debating skills being greater than those of a 3-year-old.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Omega, I see you're convinced that you won the elections?
Quote: "Location: The TGC white house."
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:30 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 07:34
Quote: "Is that a question or a statement?"

Learn to read, genius. I edited that and fixed that error about thirty seconds afetr I posted it. I'm not the best typist, is that a crime?
Quote: "
Funny, I thought you JUST said that the key to winning was about IMAGINARY issues."

WOW, really, you're starting to make me think you're kinda slow. The Imaginary issues ARE the "real" issues. The issues which are important and relevant to this campaign are imaginary. That makes them the "real" issues. I didn't mean "real as in "actually existing' Or "not imaginary" I meant "real" as in, "what really matters".
DUH.
Quote: "Again, your debating skills are subpar."

No, but your ability to infer meaning from the context of a statement is obviously very sub par.
Quote: "This coming from the candidate trailing by a whopping 9,743,156,324,897 votes."

Really, Plystire. GROW UP. We all know that
A) the voting hasn't even started yet.
B) You can only vote once, and you can't say "I cast 910985325 votes at once!!!11111!!!one!!1!!11!1!!2!"
and since I
Quote: "( have 2 imaginary votes that I decided to include in your favor."

You just promised your vote to me. Since you voted for me twice, and you can only vote once, that means you cast pre-cast your one and only vote for me. When the time to vote comes, your vote will automatically go t9o me, regardless of what you say or do.

Quote: "Omega, I see you're convinced that you won the elections?"

Well, I haven't won yet, although I AM in the TGC white house. I guess that I should mention that I am the incumbent. (you know, the CURRENT president?) SO, yeah, i'm actually running for RE-election.

SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:48
Quote: "I guess that I should mention that I am the incumbent."

Well that certainly explains why we're looking for a new president. ZING!

The world is doomed...unless you >>>>>> Click Here <<<<<<
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:55
Quote: "your ability to infer meaning from the context of a statement is obviously very sub par."

Your ability to infer meaning through the context of a statement is obviously very sub par.

Quote: "I'm not the best typist, is that a crime?"

Yes, it is. It shows lack of dedication and attention to a task, something we definitely don't need in a leader.

Quote: "You can only vote once"

Not when you use "imagination". I imagine you failing at this election and SINCE you have stated that in this election the "imaginary" becomes "reality", you have failed.

Quote: "Learn to read, genius. I edited that and fixed that error about thirty seconds afetr I posted it."

Too bad there isn't an "EDIT" option for launching a nuke or when speaking face-to-face. [opinion]I look for a leader who doesn't NEED an Undo button.[/opinion]

Let me sum this up with:
Quote: "Really, Plystire. GROW UP."

Given the following;
Quote: "Since you voted for me twice, and you can only vote once, that means you cast pre-cast your one and only vote for me. When the time to vote comes, your vote will automatically go t9o me, regardless of what you say or do."

I think it's clear who here needs to "grow up".

Imagination moves us forward to bigger and better things, but the type of imagination you have demonstrated thus far is only useful in kindergarten play-time.

The one and only,

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 07:57 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 08:07
Quote: "Well that certainly explains why we're looking for a new president. ZING!"

Good one. I'll remember that when I'm testing out my new ban hammer. I'll be upgrading to a new, more pain-causing model when I'm reelected.
Quote: "Not when you use "imagination". I imagine you failing at this election and SINCE you have stated that in this election the "imaginary" becomes "reality", you have failed."

That's not the way an imaginary election works. the election itself is imaginary, but the rules and regulations still apply. you can only vote once.
However, if we WERE to use your method...
I imagine your head exploding, directly after you cast 100,000,000,000 votes for me and digging up some really shocking and totally true scandals on all the other candidates. While your head explodes, you ghost loses its power to imagine things.
I have defeated you.
Quote: "Too bad there isn't an "EDIT" option for launching a nuke or when speaking face-to-face."

True, but under my leadership, (my CURRENT leadership. Remember, I'm the incumbent.) all nuclear arms have been removed from the universe. besides, in an internet presidency, there are never face to face discussions.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 08:55
Quote: "the election itself is imaginary, but the rules and regulations still apply."

Half true.

YOUR election is imaginary, as I don't see your name under the "Current Candidates".

Rules and Regulations don't apply, as none were laid out in the initial declaration of this imaginary election.

Quote: "directly after you cast 100,000,000,000 votes for me"

Which still would not counteract:
Quote: "I imagine you failing at this election"

nor would it counteract;
Quote: "negative 9,743,156,324,899 votes"

Quote: "in an internet presidency, there are never face to face discussions."

Have you never heard of a WebCam?

The one and only,

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 09:18 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 09:20
Quote: "YOUR election is imaginary, as I don't see your name under the "Current Candidates"."

You really must be slow. My name isn't on their due to the fact that I'm the CURRENT PRESIDENT not just a current candidate. My name is on the "reelection candidates" list.
REELECTION CANDIDATES:
Omega Gamer 89

Quote: "Rules and Regulations don't apply, as none were laid out in the initial declaration of this imaginary election."

They weren't laid out in THIS thread. That would be ridiculous! The rules and regulations were laid out in the TGC constitution. If you don't already know the TGC constitution by heart, you really have absolutely no right being on TGC. I demand you GTFO.
Quote: "Which still would not counteract:
Quote: "I imagine you failing at this election""

Yes it would, as your head exploded before you supposedly cast those negative votes and/or imagined me failing. Since your ghost lost its powers to imagine, it can't cast its imaginary negative votes/ imagine me failing. Really, there's no such thing as a negative vote. You can vote for someone else, but that's a positive vote for them, not a negative vote for me. And, again, the voting hasn't started yet.
Quote: "nor would it counteract;
Quote: "negative 9,743,156,324,899 votes""

Please see my above response.
Quote: "Have you never heard of a WebCam? "

Have you never heard that
A) that is not face to face? That is face to webcam to internet to monitor.
B) that this is more specifically a forum presidency, and is therefore text and image based?

you have lost, sir. Just give up.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 09:36
Quote: "you have lost, sir. Just give up."

Quote: "I hereby withdraw from the race"

Quote: "You really must be slow."

Quote: "That would be ridiculous!"

Quote: "directly after you cast 100,000,000,000 votes for me and digging up some really shocking and totally true scandals on all the other candidates"

Quote: "And, again, the voting hasn't started yet."

Quote: "That would be ridiculous!"

Quote: "you have lost, sir. Just give up."

Quote: "I demand you GTFO."

The one and only,

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Omega is the original president!? No you aren't thats Lee the all mighty, the God of Code.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 10:46
Plystire stop your trolling. Very un-presidental behaviour.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 10:55
Umm. What just happened? It all just went so fast.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 11:02
Plystire decided to take something in this thread serious, and attacked Omega Gamer with a personal issue which kinda ruined the spirit of the thread.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 12:05
Ignoring the fact that presidential behaviour is reserved for presidents/potential presidents, you bring up a valid point, Grandma:
Quote: "Plystire decided to take something in this thread serious"

Reflecting upon the past posts, I now find it hard to take anything in this thread serious.

Carry on with your imaginary endeavours, as I shall be elsewhere doing something more constructive with my time.

The one and only,

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 14:33 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 14:35
My friends, isn't it obvious that Omega lacks the motivation, seriousness, and grammar that we need from a leader? It is clearly evident that he lacks a true understanding of either TGC politics or the history of this community.

I've been a member for several years. I created the TGC Text Adventure Competition, and I've been one of three judges in the competition in all three years of its existence. And I never use a spell-checker in my forum posts. While my spelling and grammar aren't always perfect, I do have a 95% perfection rating! My proper usage of grammar and spelling make me a far better candidate than many of my opponents, and certainly a better candidate than Omega!

Quote: "Well, I haven't won yet, although I AM in the TGC white house."

You can have the TGC White House. I, for one, am looking forward to my new occupancy at >=101600^ Pyramid Avenue. And seeing as how the majority of our community come from Britain, and also that TGC itself is a British company, shouldn't it be TGC Downing Street by Omega's logic?

Quote: "NONE of the candidates have mentioned what political party they represent!"

This, my friends, is nothing short of an attempt at two-bit partisan hackery!

My friends, I'm a highly experienced maverick fighting for change. While my opponents wish to destroy noobs, I firmly believe we were all noobs at some point or another, and such behaviour is best treated with sincerity and a calm, level-headed, polite approach. It is repeat-offenders we need to worry about! So please, vote for me and my highly experienced cabinet come election day. The office is imaginery... but the issues facing our community are not!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@Matt Rock: You are quite a strong candidate. But on the other hand, like all strong things there is a shatterpoint, and needless to say, You may be a good persistent president, you may not. Unlike all candidates you my friend show a good understanding of whats going on. But you've never experienced the main story, the story of the downfall of the FPSC Boards, like all FPSC boarders here, you may of known that the board has witnessed alot of flames and disagreements, most being people who take crit as a bad thing. But let me assure you my fellow members, we shall never ever see a day full of flames, but a day of friendship.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 18:22
A vote for me is a vote for communism. Let's share our codez.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 19:10 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 19:11
Quote: "But you've never experienced the main story, the story of the downfall of the FPSC Boards"

Duely noted. If I win the election, I'll create a new cabinet apointment for Secretary of FPSCS Fireproofing, to ensure that such actions never occur again! I can't promise I'd be a perfect president, but I can promise I'll surround myself with perfect cabinet appointments

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:15
How about this, vote for me and I'll completely erase the FPSC boards and replace them with cookies and milk.
The members who live on those boards can get some of those cookies, but just some.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:35
Quote: "A vote for me is a vote for communism. Let's share our codez."

I rather Capitolism, Let us all make as many codes as we want and not have to share!

PS: Vote Deathead

Games, Code, 3D Models and more! click here
Deathead For President!!
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:39 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 23:40

Yes, you too can be a ROCKstar.
VOTE MATT ROCK!

MISoft Studios - Silver-Dawn Gorilda is lost!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:41
If you'll recall, one of my original issues was the FPSC boards. As President, I promise I will eliminate these wretched boards altogether, as well as those who originate from them and refuse to be reformed.

The world is doomed...unless you >>>>>> Click Here <<<<<<
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Zeus died. I'm back with no one to vote for again.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:47 Edited at: 16th Nov 2008 23:56
Quote: "If you'll recall, one of my original issues was the FPSC boards. As President, I promise I will eliminate these wretched boards altogether, as well as those who originate from them and refuse to be reformed.
"

Eliminating part of TGC's most notorious of programs help boards is blasphemy. We shall never eliminate nor discriminate any one. We shall never give up on these forums so much that it leads to deleting a board. Vote for me, and I'll sort out all your problems! Send me anything via email, and I will sort it out. I may be a man of trust, but I'm also a man who doesn't take sides, I'll see who is the main problem before doing anything durastic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2008 23:50
Actually we will erase the FPSC boards. Sorry, it's written in stone.
Vote me and I hug your enemy.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Eh.. I won't let it happen. Anyways I got a siggy now. So any voters of mine get sigged now!

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 01:14
Dink made the best campaign poster ever. Snakeskin pants FTW! Clearly I have the best (and the only) running mate of all the candidates! Vote Rock/ Dink in '08!

Quote: "Zeus died. I'm back with no one to vote for again."

You should vote for me! A quick rundown of my campaign promises...

Noob equality

My extensive Cheezburgerz plan: tax lolcatz usage and create wthdawgz, which will bring 650 billion new jobs to TGC!

A massive campaign to fireproof the FPSC boards

DX10 will run on XP

No one will be killed or lit on fire during my time in office

Joe the Programmer is voting for me

The Destruction of Paris Hilton before it becomes too powerful to deal with

Be a ROCKstar... Vote Rock/ Dink in 2008!

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 01:22
It appears SageTech actually is the only one that already has received actual votes. Two of them, to be exact.

Good thing - I voted for him, lol.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 01:25
Speaking of which, when does voting actually begin anyway? Pus?

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 03:34 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 03:40
Quote: "No you aren't thats Lee the all mighty, the God of Code."

yes, he is GOD OF CODE. NOT the TGC president. As it says on the TGC currency, the codeallar, "In Lee we trust.".

Quote: "And seeing as how the majority of our community come from Britain, and also that TGC itself is a British company, shouldn't it be TGC Downing Street by Omega's logic?"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Britain has a queen, not a president. Therefore, the TGC PRESIDENCY, takes place in AMERICA.

Quote: "This, my friends, is nothing short of an attempt at two-bit partisan hackery!"

Noooo... It is not "partisan hackery", its political haxorz!
Seriously, you have to either pick a party (a THIRD party) or drop out of the race.
Quote: "A vote for me is a vote for communism. Let's share our codez."

You can't be president of a communistic nation. This is a PRESIDENTIAL election, as in, DEMOCRACY.
Quote: "Yes, you too can be a ROCKstar.
VOTE MATT ROCK!"

POSER! All REAL Rockstars are ANTI-establishment! You can't be a rock star if you ARE the establishment!
Quote: "650 billion new jobs to TGC!"

AHH! But there aren't that many TGC users... or human beings! That would create a huge number of jobs left unfilled and undone! There would be jobs and tasks that would never be completed, because there wouldn't be enough people to do them.
Quote: "No one will be killed or lit on fire during my time in office"

Where's the fun in that? If you don't kill anyone or light anyone on fire, you're not doing your job.
Quote: "It appears SageTech actually is the only one that already has received actual votes. Two of them, to be exact."

Noooo.... I have the vote of Yodaman Jer, and Plystire, just to name two.
Quote: "Speaking of which, when does voting actually begin anyway? Pus?"

Honestly! Have you NO knowledge of ANYTHING?! the voting starts November 4th, 2012!

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 04:05
Quote: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but Britain has a queen, not a president. Therefore, the TGC PRESIDENCY, takes place in AMERICA."

Doesn't mean TGC Forums have to have a Queen... My student union isn't run by a Queen because it's British, it is run by a president. Same applies for certain companies.

Presidents don't only exist in the US either.

Quote: "POSER! All REAL Rockstars are ANTI-establishment! You can't be a rock star if you ARE the establishment!"

Didn't know that was a requirement? So what, rock is about chaos and tearing down the establishment? So that there are no rules, no one to govern, just because the Sex Pistols sang about Anarchy, doesn't make it a requirement for rock. I know a number of rockers and metallers who care very much about politics and the improvement of the world/governments and caring doesn't make you a poser, especially when a lot do. Heck one is studying History and Politics at school. It is very sensible that a Rocker enters the world of politics, after all rock isn't about anarchy. So your statement very much misrepresents a group of people. And of course places false accusations of our lovely Matt Rock here.

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 04:46
Quote: "Presidents don't only exist in the US either. "

true, but I think that America has the most TGC users out the president-run nations.
Quote: "So what, rock is about chaos and tearing down the establishment?"

Yes. Yes it is.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 11:20
So...Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, David Bowie - these classic rock legends of course were all about tearing down the establishment for the sake of tearing down the establishment and supporting the notion of anarchy? I think it's a silly notion to suggest that rock is about anarchy.

Serj Tankian, from System of a Down, very political, if he got his way, then he wouldn't be so against the establishment. There's more purpose than just "lets just keep burning bridges for the sake of burning bridges!"

You sir have the moral ambivalence of a mutated shrimp!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 16:42
Quote: "these classic rock legends of course were all about tearing down the establishment for the sake of tearing down the establishment and supporting the notion of anarchy?"

Its not so much about anarchy as it is about tearing down the current establishment. The true rocker wants to implement his own system of government, whatever system that may be.
Quote: "Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, David Bowie "

Maybe they didn't talk openly about it, but they DID think that way. Trust me on this one.
Quote: "There's more purpose than just "lets just keep burning bridges for the sake of burning bridges!""

Yes, the purpose is more along the lines of "lets keep burning bridges so we can build our own bridges!"

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 17:28 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 17:30
Quote: "You can't be president of a communistic nation. This is a PRESIDENTIAL election, as in, DEMOCRACY."

Fidel Castro was President of Cuba, a communist nation. They're still communist under Raul Castro.

Quote: "AHH! But there aren't that many TGC users... or human beings! That would create a huge number of jobs left unfilled and undone! There would be jobs and tasks that would never be completed, because there wouldn't be enough people to do them."

But we, sir, are a community of programmers and artisans. We can create AI with cool bloom effects to do all of the jobs humans cannot do!

Quote: "Its not so much about anarchy as it is about tearing down the current establishment. The true rocker wants to implement his own system of government, whatever system that may be."

You say this, and then you turn around to attack my pending administration for our desire to put an end to lolcatz?

To ammend what Sep was saying: Radiohead, U2/ Bono, Kanye West, Beck, The Roots, Bjork... all modern musicians with political messages written directly into their music. The list is much, much longer than this, but anyway, these are all artists/ groups who want to improve our current government, not tear it down. And My campaign has been firmly planted in ideas of change from the getgo!

I've met Johnny Rotten. You, sir, are no Johnny Rotten!

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 17:43
This thread is so unserious in such a serious way.

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 17:46 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 22:53
Deathead, if you win, can i be the vice president? all presidents need a vice president.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 18:11
Quote: "You can't be president of a communistic nation."

The Bolsheviks. National Socialism (ie. the Nazis). Cuba, as already noted. There is no reason a communistic government cannot be voted in by democratic means in a democratic country. I mean, that's the whole point of democracy.

I vote Rock! And I'll be watching those Old Norse policies, Seppuku!

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Zeus died, I vote Rock.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 19:04
The Bolsheviks didn't have a President, did they?

Quote: "Its not so much about anarchy as it is about tearing down the current establishment. The true rocker wants to implement his own system of government, whatever system that may be."

Maybe in some re-run documentary on midnight TV about "The life of Rocky McRock". In case you haven't noticed, most "rockstars" today are just labels. Do you think McFly wants to cause riots outside parliament? True, there were those classic 70/80's artists who spread the idea of rebellion and anarchy, but they're a dying breed. Of course there are many who are political or tackle social problems in their songs, but none of them go round shouting "F- the government" anymore.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 19:30
Quote: "The Bolsheviks didn't have a President, did they?"

Ah - my bad. The Bolsheviks seized power by taking the seat of government (in 1917). However, they were the most popular party in the country (they had a majority in the Duma - the Russian parliament) so it's possible they could have won by democratic means.

You could also argue that they (briefly) operated a democratic state because the National Assembly opened under their government. Though it was then shut down after only one meeting, so that doesn't really count.

It's also true they didn't have a President, though Lenin was definitely their leader and thus leader of the country. He was actually Chair of the Council of Peoples' Commissars, which basically means "President" in commie-speak.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 22:03
Quote: "Fidel Castro was President of Cuba, a communist nation. They're still communist under Raul Castro."

I'm fairly certain his title wasn't "president". I think it would be something else.
Quote: "But we, sir, are a community of programmers and artisans. We can create AI with cool bloom effects to do all of the jobs humans cannot do!"

Yes, but then, what would the point be? if the jobs were done by AI, then the AI would be getting paid, and not forum members. The AI has no use for money, other than to upgrade, make itself smarter and stronger, and destroy us all. AND we would have too many AI-run jobs. Users would complain that the AI was taking jobs away from honest, hard working Humans!
Quote: "You say this, and then you turn around to attack my pending administration for our desire to put an end to lolcatz? "

A) I never claimed to be a rocker.
B) Llcatz are not the government or system. They are the very gods that created teh intarwebz. And they WILL have their cheezburgerz.
Quote: "True, there were those classic 70/80's artists who spread the idea of rebellion and anarchy, but they're a dying breed. Of course there are many who are political or tackle social problems in their songs, but none of them go round shouting "F- the government" anymore."

they are not a dying breed, their breed is just sinking silently into the shadows to regroup and plot their next attack.
And they may not be shouting "F- the government" OUT LOUD, but trust me. They ARE shouting it.
Vote Omega for prez!

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 22:16
Quote: "I'm fairly certain his title wasn't "president". I think it would be something else."

He was Prime Minister from 1959 to 1976, then President from 1976 to 2008. Link

Quote: "Yes, but then, what would the point be? if the jobs were done by AI, then the AI would be getting paid, and not forum members."

But AI don't want standard currency, they just want electricity. So by doing work for us so that we humans make more money, the machines in turn will be fed cleaner, surge-free power, or will go out and try to find better employers. I call it trickle-down electroshock economics.

Quote: "Llcatz are not the government or system. They are the very gods that created teh intarwebz. And they WILL have their cheezburgerz."

Silly Omega, everyone knows Al Gore invented the interwebs . lolcatz have had their day. My administration will put an end to lolcatz. And we'll push legislation to make Rick Rolls more original and funnier. More cowbell!

My ticket is cruising ahead in the polls now. Any other candidates who surrender and endorse me now before it's too late will earn cabinet appointments! Joe the Programmer FTW!

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 22:48
[chants] OMEGA! OMEGA! OMEGA! OMEGA! OMEGA! [/chants]

I like ice cream
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 22:55
Vote me and I'll ban anyone who uses the word "Omega" and "Gamer" in conjunction with each other.
I play it hard.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 10:58:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 10:58:58