Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Forum President Elections

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 03:11
I think the official count is 7 or 8 Rock/ Dink supporters so far... I stopped counting after 4 . It can't be helped that people want a real, experienced candidate who campaigns on issues and not ice cream. And let's face it, the attacks coming out of the Omega campaign aren't exactly hurting my numbers here. But hey, it isn't too late to abandon the sinking ship Yodaman. I won't offer you a cabinet position, but maybe we can make you warden of Barbie Island, our "No Escape"-esque prison isle.

I'm running out of cabinet appointments. I only have three left. I'm really hoping Alucard, Deathead, and Wehtam see the light soon and join our illustrious campaign. They can get things done if they accept my invitation, but time is running out for them .

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Wehtam see the light soon and join our illustrious campaign"

I don't think Wehtam really wants to run as president, I think he just wants to show off his image editing skillz.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 03:27
NO! If Omega and I go down, it will be with a fight!!!

VOTE OMEGA!!!

I like ice cream
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad Zeus had to drop out... But I think Matt would be great as president of the forums.

Matt Rock '08!
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 03:47

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 03:49
Curse your GIMP skills AndrewT...

I like ice cream
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 04:58 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 04:59
The Omega Gamer campaign is clearly far less experienced than the Rock / Dink campaign. Please take a look at the evidence we have gathered.

The Omega ticket:
Quote: "
Omega gamer 89
"

Yodaman Jer
"

The Rock / Dink ticket:
Matt Rock
"

Agent Dink
"

The Rock / Dink ticket clearly has years more experience. We have seen n00bs come and go. We have seen the bitter flame wars, the issues arise, legends created. We understand the people of this forum. We are the better choice to lead this forum. Hands down.

Also... why does the Omega / Yodaman Jer campaign have such a strong anti-n00b policy... I (and I'm sure most experienced forum dwellers) view or have viewed them as n00bs.

How can you have a n00b with a strong anti-n00b policy. It is hipocritical. We should not try to destroy or flame n00bs, but instead teach them manners. Decency. We must assimilate them into our society, for the n00b of today is the WIP thread poster of tomorrow, and this forum needs MORE QUALITY WIP THREADS!

VOTE ROCK / DINK! GOOD NIGHT!

MISoft Studios - Silver-Dawn Gorilda is lost!

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "We have seen n00bs come and go."

At the FPSC boards, noobs never go, they just come.

Quote: "How can you have a n00b"

People who joined in '07 are still noobs?

Matt Rock '08!
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 17:15
Quote: "Everyone was a noob at some point. Omega's plan would call for you to be destroyed before you can show us your real potential."

WRONG SIR! N00bs are born n00bs and remain n00bs for life! there is a difference between a n00b and a newbie! a N00B is one who is stupid, irritating, never has any idea what he is talking about, constantly asks stupid questions that have already beenm answered hundreds of times in other threads, never uses the search function, and constantly says exceeding n00b-ish things.
A newbie is one who is new to a forum, game, location, etc...
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
Quote: "a plethora of pointless threads"

Eradicating n00bs will solve this.
Quote: "not enough games being developed on the WIP/ PA boards "

Non-noobs will have more time to program, since they won't have to deal with n00bs.
Quote: "too little moderation on the design theory board"

Without n00bs there will be much less of a need for moderation, but the mods will still keep their jobs, to help the newbies.
Quote: "Paris Hilton still exists"

She is a n00b and therefore will be destroyed.
Quote: "not enough jobs for TGC'ers"

My administration will created over 4000 new jobs over the next three years, mainly in the n00b destruction-department.
No other ticket (well, candidate, since so few candidates have running mates at this point) has a viable solution to every issue."

No. Voting will begin on November 4th, 2012.
Quote: "And everyone who isn't part of my perfect world (Which are most of you) will soon to be either incinerated or sent to the camps."

Omega/Yodaman Jer has solutions to every existing problem and most of the ones the may exist in the future.
Quote: "And yes, I will sit down with noobs and trolls without preconditions. If they can't be saved, they'll be sent to Barbie Island."

Again, there is no way to save a n00b or a troll. They are born that way, and they will die that way. You cannot un-noob someone.
Quote: "Voting will begin once everyone has agreed to vote for Matt Rock. If noone agrees by December 1st. Matt will win by default."

Do we really want a president who plans to destroy EVERYONE? Even NON-N00bs? I think not.
Quote: "Since Pus isn't declaring an official election day,"

I repeat: Voting begins November 4th, 2012.
Quote: "I've decided to drop out of the race and support Matt Rock!!"

Why would you support him? He plans to make you try and live with trolls and n00bs!
Quote: "Omega Gamer 89 will not stand for using vegetables as a form of threatening."

I most certainly will not! I have already contacted the department of produce safety. They will arrive at your location to arrest you in minutes.
Quote: "Matt Rock has said that everyone here was a n00b at one time. That means he feels SYMPATHY for said n00bs and that in fact he was/is still a n00b! Do you want a n00b President? Or would you rather have ice cream? The choice is yours, TGC. Make the Right Choice."

Yes, how can any sane person feel sympathy for n00bs?! They are a plague on the internet, and must be eradicated!
Quote: "Look here Rock, I DO in fact own n00bs, but not in that way. I mean I OWNZ them, "

Yes, Rock, really! Stop trying to twist other people's words and stick to the issues for once!
Quote: "Do you want people like Matt or Omega as your president!"

Apparently they do, seeing as we are the only ones with supporters.
Quote: "We shall never go into the depths of darkness, where no man has gone."

COWARD! Any REAL leader has to be brave enough to go where no one has gone before! What if we had never gone into space because no one had gone there before? If everyone followed your philosophy, there would be no TGC, because no one would come here. Why should they? No one had gone there before them...
Quote: "My campaign is being run purely on the issues,"

No, not really.
Quote: "but the polls don't lie... we're ripping ahead"

no, the polls don't lie, YOU DO. The polls REALLY say that Omega/Yodaman Jer are winning!
Quote: "He supported Omega until he was brutally insulted by your ticket's plans to eradicate noobs, because he hadn't even registered for TGC yet."

LEARN TO INTERNETS! N00bs are evil, demonic creatures who seek to destroy the internet! newbies are those who are new to a forum or other place of membership! Newbies, such as Joe the pumpkin, and Tom the modeler, COMPLETELY support Omega/Yodaman Jer!
Quote: "we'd rather train noobs"

For the last time, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE!
Quote: "The Omega Gamer campaign is clearly far less experienced than the Rock / Dink campaign.
The Rock / Dink ticket clearly has years more experience."

Yes, just like the Obama/Biden campaign had less experience. OWNED.
Quote: "why does the Omega / Yodaman Jer campaign have such a strong anti-n00b policy"

Because we acre about the forums. Unlike Matt Rock, who seeks to welcome n00bs with open arms.
Quote: "How can you have a n00b with a strong anti-n00b policy."

How DARE you sir! I am by no means a n00b! A newbie, perhaps, by the strictest standards, but not a n00b!
Quote: "We should not try to destroy or flame n00bs, but instead teach them manners. Decency."

NOT POSSIBLE.

Vote Omega/Yodaman Jer '12!
We are the only sensible choice.

www.threeswordsproductions.com
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 18:53
I am officially having Gunn3r Games sponsor the Matt Rock/Agent Dink ticket, as they seem to have the better campaign. And it's just so I don't die...

Gunn3r Games
Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 19:07
Quote: "Matt Rock has declared that he has appointed Benjamin Secretary of Sarcasm. Is this the kind of thing you want your President to be doing?"

Yes Appointing Benjamin is a very good thing, not a bad thing. Especially as he's such a popular cat.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 19:13
Quote: "And it's just so I don't die..."

You sir are in fact giving into blackmail, aren't you? KILLING IS AGAINST THE LAW. Ice cream however is not. Make the right choice. Omega/Yodaman Jer will give you the perfect forum world.

Quote: "The polls REALLY say that Omega/Yodaman Jer are winning!"

That's because we have better advertising! MUA HA HA HA!!!

Quote: "How can you have a n00b with a strong anti-n00b policy."

I shall reiterate what Omega has already said...we were newbies, a completely different thing than n00bs. n00bs are ignorant air-heads. Newbies like to learn and actually are intelligent.

Quote: "Yes, just like the Obama/Biden campaign had less experience. OWNED."

Indeed Omega! Just because we may have less experience doesn't mean we'll ruin the forums! WE ARE THE RIGHT CHOICE PEOPLE!! Do the right thing and vote Omega/Yodaman Jer '12. We are the right choice. DO IT NOW!!

I like ice cream
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 19:21
I forgot to say....

NO MORE n00bs!!

VOTE NOW!
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 19:29
Quote: "My administration will created over 4000 new jobs over the next three years, mainly in the n00b destruction-department."

What happens after you destroy all the n00bs? You have over 4000 people that need jobs! It is just creating a bigger mess.

Vote SageTech!
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 19:53
I've lost count of how many people have said "Is this the sort of person you want in office?" Then say the complete opposite to claw for support. I do not deal with slander. I simply offer you a choice. Vote pus and die. Or don't vote pus and die. Some may call it a cache 22. But the former choice is more desireable, because when elected, I can use your corpses for fermentation to further the economy and contribute to the green initiative. You don't want to be responsible for the death of our environment do you? Vote pus.

By the way, voting will start soon, let's make sure everyone can enough time to run.

ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:01 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 20:16
LOLZ cats must die!

Vote SageTech!!!!!!

(See Pic)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:12
Quote: "What happens after you destroy all the n00bs? You have over 4000 people that need jobs! It is just creating a bigger mess."

ALL the n00bs? What? You can't destroy all the n00bs, because more n00bs are born every day. These new jobs will be secure, well paying jobs for honest forumers.

Quote: "By the way, voting will start soon, let's make sure everyone can enough time to run."

FINE. If you INSIST on NOT following proper procedure and waiting until November 4th, '12, We can vote sooner.
I suggest we set up a voting service, not just let people post "I vote for this guy!" That would be somewhat difficult to keep track of, due to post editing, hackz, etc...
<forum plug>
If anyone is interested, I could set up a poll on my forums to use as a voting machine.
</forum plug>
Seriously, though. I could set up an automated voting service. You log on, click the poll, and vote.

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:18
Quote: "If anyone is interested, I could set up a poll on my forums to use as a voting machine."

...and potentially rig the elections? gasp Mr. Omega, how villainous
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:28
how... DARE you sir?! You have questioned my integrity and insulted my honor! YOU, sir, are the villainous one! How could you even THINK such a thing?
However, because I am a fair and reasonable man, I will admit, that villainy is a valid concern in the consideration of a voting service. Even if it not a valid concern pertaining to my actions, it is a valid concern in general. I assure you, you have my word as a gentleman that no rigging, cheating, or villainy of any kind would take place.
If it makes you feel better, I could have one of my mods, (who is not a member of THESE forums, and is therefore an objective and non-biased party) set up the voting.
I really think we need something better than just posting our votes. Since the same problem of potential cheating will arise no matter which one of us sets up the polls, I submit that my mods should be the one(s) to set it up, because we already have all the things necessary to do so.

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:37
lol, putting the cheating thing aside it does seem inconvenvient for everyone who wants to vote on something TGC based to sign up to a new forum. Surely we could just start up a new thread for votes only, so seeing the results is much clearer than doing it in here?
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:39
that would be better than voting in this thread, but not as effecient as a polling machine.
Hey, I THINK I can make a forum that you can access without signing up, but that would create the problem of multiple votes from a single person...
Let me look into this, I'll BRB.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:47 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 20:51
Darn, it's unfortunate TGC doesn't have a polling system.

I'm not sure if ANY candidate should be allowed to host the vote on their own forum (so that'd put MiSoft out, Matt, I'm afraid!) I know this isn't really serious, but I'd like to see who wins so it'd be best if cheating was impossible.

I vote (ha!) for a thread (here on TGC) exclusively for voting. One post, one vote and ONLY one post, so we don't get any clutter. Comments could then be voiced on this thread, here. Of course, someone would actually have to COUNT the votes, which is a slight disadvantage.

Also, if we do that then I suggest we put, in the first post, clear instructions for how to vote so it's easy to count them up. Something like all votes should be in caps and bold so they stand out. Like so:

ROCK

Of course, votes wouldn't be invalid if they were posted in another format - it'd just make things easier when whizzing through the thread to count. (It'd also reduce the time spent looking at "what is this thread for, again?" posts.)

And, eh, on a more Partisan note:

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 20:59
YES! I got it set up.
You DON'T have to register.
You CAN'T vote more than once
I can't edit the results!
Its secure, and I've tested it, you can only vote once, even if you're registered!
Link.
The only reason I have a vote already is that I was testing it. I know I don't have all the candidates on there YET, but I didn't want to put the names of people who dropped out. If your name isn't on there, and you're still running, please say so, and I'll add your name.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we should not use Omega's voting thing. Let's just use another thread for votes.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:10 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 21:11
I don't see why we shouldn't use it.
you don't need to register, you can only vote once, and I have no control over the results.
What's the problem? If you're so sure Matt Rock is going to win, then what are you afraid of? Try and vote twice. It won't let you.
EDIT: Just checked, there are already 3 votes cast. 1 for me, 1 for Matt, and 1 for grandma.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:12
We should get the approval of a mod before we make a second thread related to the elections, just to be on the safe side. I'm sure a mod must be following this thread, would it be okay if we did that?

And I fully agree, hosting the election on someone else's website wouldn't be fair. Putting this on the MINet forums would basically guarantee the Rock/ Dink ticket 40+ votes, lol. It's a TGC election so votes should be cast on TGC .

@ Pus: I don't think we're going to get many more candidates at this point. People are solidifying around other campaigns (namely mine ) and I think everyone has had ample time to get started . In my opinion, I think voting should start on November 25th and end on December 1st at 12:00am server time. After hosting the TAC for the past three years, I can tell you from experience it's good to get stuff like that figured out as early as possible .

Quote: "no, the polls don't lie, YOU DO. The polls REALLY say that Omega/Yodaman Jer are winning!"

Go back through this entire thread and count up everyone whose showing you support here Omega. The supporter count is through the roof on the Rock/ Dink ticket, because we bring more to the table than ice cream and noob slaying.

Quote: "LOLZ cats must die!

Vote SageTech!!!!!!"

My friend, you apparently missed the Rock/ Dink ticket's comprehensive plans to tax lolcatz usage and introduce wthdogz, creating 850 billion new jobs on TGC. Our campaign was the first to take a serious stand against lolcatz, while some other candidates were quick to call us mad.

Quote: "I am officially having Gunn3r Games sponsor the Matt Rock/Agent Dink ticket, as they seem to have the better campaign."

We appreciate your support. It's awesome to have an endorsement from a BOTB Developer!

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:20
Quote: "creating 850 billion new jobs on TGC."

okay, Matt, now you're changing your story, you didn't say 850 billion jobs before! Before, you said a much higher number, and now, you're trying to weasel out of that by saying a lower number. tsk tsk tsk... Not a good way to run a campaign my friend.
Quote: "it's a TGC election so votes should be cast on TGC"

But TGC doesn't have a voting/polling service.
Quote: "Putting this on the MINet forums would basically guarantee the Rock/ Dink ticket 40+ votes"

yes, because YOU would try and hack the vote. My forums don't allow me, even as Admin, to edit the results of a poll.
There are a total of 6 votes cast, 1 of which is from me and two are from friends of mine. the others, I assume, are from TGCers. It looks like we're going to be using my polls after all.
Also, Please post here and/or on my forums in the voting topic after you vote.
*I voted.*

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:20 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 21:24
Quote: "It's a TGC election so votes should be cast on TGC"

Yeah, I agree. That's why I said we shouldn't vote on Omega's forums.

Omega, the results on your foroms won't be official. I guess you can just use them as polls to see which candidate is in the lead.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:24
Quote: "That's why I said we shouldn't vote on Omega's forums."

Do you have a better solution?
I'm sure there are other users on this site who have forums with polling software, but I wouldn't trust any of them any more than you trust me. I understand your concern, but let me assure you, this is all legitimate. Not only can i not edit the results, but I wouldn't even if I could.
I'm running an honest campaign, and you should trust me, after all, I'm the current president, and I haven't brought ruin or pestilence to TGC, so why shouldn't you trust me?

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm the current president"

Omega, Lee is the current president.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:26
No, Lee is God of all Codez.
We've been over this.

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Omega, please knock it off. You never said or thought you were president before these elections.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:32
Quote: "You never said or thought you were president before these elections."

...Have you paid ANY attention to this thread?
We already established, several pages ago, that I am the current president, running for reelection.
Learn to read before you speak.

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:37
Quote: "and two are from friends of mine. "

hmm, that puts things into a different perspective. This isn't just a facebook-esque vote in which the guy who can get the most friends outside TGC to vote wins. It's a TGC election, and that means it's TGC members that vote. I think that this rules out any external poll, because we need to know it's actual members that voted.
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:38
Quote: " My friend, you apparently missed the Rock/ Dink ticket's comprehensive plans to tax lolcatz usage and introduce wthdogz, creating 850 billion new jobs on TGC. Our campaign was the first to take a serious stand against lolcatz, while some other candidates were quick to call us mad.
"

You are very persuasive Rock. I have decided to give my vote to you, seeing as I have no support from my old candidate. I'll be whipping up a new banner for your campain in a few...
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:38 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 21:40
I think you should learn to read: I said
Quote: "You never said or thought you were president before these elections."

You said:
Quote: "We already established, several pages ago"

Did you even read what I said? I said: BEFORE this elections thread started, you never said or thought of being the TGC president.

Now, we should stop before we turn this into a flame war.
Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:41 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 21:42
Quote: "There are a total of 6 votes cast, 1 of which is from me and two are from friends of mine. the others, I assume, are from TGCers. It looks like we're going to be using my polls after all."

And already you've invalidated your idea. Voting should NOT be open to non-TGCers. That would be like someone from Canada voting in a US election. Only registered TGC members with join dates of November 7th 2008 (the date this thread was created) should be allowed to vote in the election. The only way to validate this is to hold the election on TGC. Also...

Quote: "But TGC doesn't have a voting/polling service."

The thread could be moderated and no one could be allowed to post more than once, or say anything that is off-topic. The rules could be posted in the opening post of the thread in bold text. It's not like we need secret ballots or anything.

Quote: "okay, Matt, now you're changing your story, you didn't say 850 billion jobs before! Before, you said a much higher number, and now, you're trying to weasel out of that by saying a lower number. tsk tsk tsk... Not a good way to run a campaign my friend."

Page 9, post 12. I said, and I quote:
Quote: "My extensive Cheezburgerz plan: tax lolcatz usage and create wthdawgz, which will bring 650 billion new jobs to TGC!"

So actually, the number has INCREASED since the initial posting, in lieu with our new cabinet appointments and bill revisions. Clearly, you don't have the patience or the research wherewithal to be President.

Quote: "yes, because YOU would try and hack the vote. My forums don't allow me, even as Admin, to edit the results of a poll."

You're inexperienced, ill prepared, lack any noteworthy understanding of our forums, and then you go and attack the credibility of two members with noble reputations who've brought more to TGC in substinence than you have? You, sir, are not worthy of this office! Actually, I was referring to members of MINet, who are not all TGC members mind you, voting for us because we're both high-ranking and highly respected members of the MISoft Studios development staff, and how such favoritism would not be fair. Though you don't mind if the favoritism occurs on your own forums, because that would be the only way you could win!

Edit: The only person who has established that Omega is the incumbent TGC President is Omega

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:41 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 21:47
First off, one of those two friends is a TGCer, the other just likes my forums.
Second off, how about this? I'll delete the poll and start a new one. I'll make the forum its in password protected, so not just anyone can get in. I'll post that password here, and that way, only people who come to TGC forums will know the password.
The password will be:

PantsOfTheMoon

EDIT: its set up. Go ahead and vote, or re-vote if you did before, as I had to delete the old one.
Link

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:44
Uh huh. And then you can tell your friends the password. How about this: we hold the voting on the TGC forums, end of debate.

Quote: "You are very persuasive Rock. I have decided to give my vote to you, seeing as I have no support from my old candidate. I'll be whipping up a new banner for your campain in a few... "

We thank you for your support, and when our administration takes office, we will do our best to put a stop to lolcatz!

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Omega Gamer, for the last time: The elections will go on at TGC, not at another website that has nothing to do with TGC.
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:54
Quote: "And then you can tell your friends the password"

Please don't insult my honor. I don't know about you, but when I say I will/will not do something, I MEAN I will/will not do it.

Quote: "You're inexperienced, ill prepared, lack any noteworthy understanding of our forums"

Again, experience is not/should not be a big factor in this. I am obviously much better prepared than you are, as I have offered to solve problems (IE the voting, n00bs, etc...) where you have only suggested ways to keep things the way they are. (IE an unreliable vote using just forums, eliminating lolcats, saying you will reform the n00bs)
Quote: "You, sir, are not worthy of this office!"

Please don't talk to yourself, its creepy.
OH, WAIT! You meant me? Funny, but that statement really applies MUCH more to you than it does me.
Quote: "Though you don't mind if the favoritism occurs on your own forums, because that would be the only way you could win!"

And why do you say that? First off, I don't have many members of my forums who would care enough to vote, as many of them are not TGCers, and second, I can easily win without any support from non-TGCers.

Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
No, Omega. We won't be using your forum. And we won't be using our forum. It wouldn't be fair.

I feel that since Omega is trying to force us to use his forum and he is also the self-proclaimed current TGC forums president that he doesn't quite understand the democratic process, but is in fact a dictator, trying to deceive the poor people of this forum

BELIEVE IT! And also, remember to ROCK the vote this coming election and you too can be a Double Income No Kids* ROCKstar!

Oh yeah...

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DINKY

MISoft Studios - Silver-Dawn Gorilda is lost!

ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:00
Did you know that Omega Gamer 89 is a Spanish word?!?! I put it in google translator and here are the results.

Vote Rock/Dink!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:00 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 22:02
First off, I am not forcing anyone to do anything. I am politely suggesting what I feel is the best, most effective way to do the voting. Second, I didn't hear anyone complaining or arguing when I mentioned I was the current president.
As for your link, are you saying that we should become dinkys? Some of us want children some day.

Quote: "I put it in google translator and here are the results."

hilarious, except you can still see the original text behind where it says my name. that was truly pathetic.
Also, if I was a web hacker, why wouldn't I just hijack the accounts of all the other candidates? You fail.

Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:06
Ok, enough is enough, this election is going nowhere for the most trivial of reasons, I think somebody not running for presidency should just post the voting thread in the next hour, so we get this arguament done with

/impatience
ZackS28
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:08 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 22:09
Quote: "Also, if I was a web hacker, why wouldn't I just hijack the accounts of all the other candidates?"

Why would you? What would you achieve? Nothing, and you didn't disagree with it saying female.

Matt Rock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:12
Quote: "Please don't insult my honor. I don't know about you, but when I say I will/will not do something, I MEAN I will/will not do it."

Of course you don't know about me... you haven't been a member of this community long enough to get to know anyone . The closest I've ever come to not doing what I said I would do is in game dev delays, which everyone here can tell you is something that most often cannot be helped. Oh, and one scrapped project from 2005, if you want to use that .

Quote: "I am obviously much better prepared than you are, as I have offered to solve problems (IE the voting, n00bs, etc...) where you have only suggested ways to keep things the way they are. (IE an unreliable vote using just forums, eliminating lolcats, saying you will reform the n00bs)"

There's so much wrong with this statement that I'm not sure where to begin. how is eliminating lolcatz keeping things the way they are? Just a few pages ago you were championing lolcatz and saying my ideals in that regard were too radical. And your suggestion of voting has been widely shunned by this community... yet you continue to persist, which proves how little you care about the voting public. And again, your only two campaign concepts involve noobs and ice cream... The Rock/ Dink ticket has introduced a plethora of legislative concepts.

Quote: "I can easily win without any support from non-TGCers.
"

Unless you have silent legions of supporters that we're unaware of, this has yet to be seen. Simply stating the facts... the Rock/ Dink ticket has a substantial lead over all other tickets/ candidates combined, because we bring something tangeable to the office, and because we have established records of getting things done. People know we're NOT all talk and no substance, because we're EXPERIENCED members of this community.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:21
Omega: I just voted on your polls 6 times in a row. We're having the elections here.

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:23 Edited at: 19th Nov 2008 22:25
Quote: "and you didn't disagree with it saying female."

A) Yes, I forgot that. Here: I'm not female.
B) You say female as if its a bad thing? What is wrong with females?
Quote: "And your suggestion of voting has been widely shunned by this community... yet you continue to persist"

No, I do not continue to persist. I was only making a suggestion. You guys rejected it, so I stopped.
Quote: "which proves how little you care about the voting public."

I obviously care more about the voting public than you do. you want to tax lolcats! A voter favorite! You also plan to make us live iwth trolls and noobs! Yes, clearly, I'm the one who doesn't care about the voters.
Quote: "we bring something tangeable to the office"

Really? I have yet to see anything of value from you.
Quote: "and because we have established records of getting things done."
Could you please provide proof? I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just asking to see what you've done so I can better argue my point.
Omega: I just voted on your polls 6 times in a row. We're having the elections here."

A) No, you didn't. I just looked. There are only 2 votes total.
B) Ok, fine. I accepted that several posts ago.

EDIT: I've got to go catch my bus. I'll be back tomorrow.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 22:25
Quote: "how did you manage that?"

Well, you know most web browsers have this really advanced feature called deleting cookies. It's revolutionary.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:15:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:15:53