Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dego - Co-op Action RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 06:13 Edited at: 17th Feb 2009 06:17
re-sent the email. the attached files are a little over 1 mb total; that shouldn't be a problem should it?

also, dunno how you've got your map files working but adding things like mirroring, flipping (or any other parameters) would be required, and a bit more complex, (all of which i'm sure you know) so, perhaps, not an option with this project unless you're up for re-writing the map file format

BUT! maybe a quick and easy (enough) option:

if you have a batch of sprites that "work" (either way) in mirrored mode, like the trees, bushes and rocks, for example, the game could randomly decide whether or not to mirror them, thus providing 'variety' without much in the way of additional coding. i could see adding a bit more by separating all the sprites into 4 groups:

1) mirorrable
2) flippable
3) mirrorable and flippable
4) none of the above

edit removed a 5th option that's inherent to #3

like how i try to pile up more work for you? heh. i AM sorry... Dego's is very inspiring and really get's me thinking!

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Still never got the email. I don't think gmail has a problem with files over 1mb. I know it doesn't accept executable files, if that is what you are sending.

And it wont be all that trouble to add a mirror property to the level save file. I learned from my old projects not to use such rigid file structures. With a project like this, I want to be able to rearrange save data or add in a new stat, like boss kill count, whenever I want.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 01:05 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 01:06
Today I bring you the first ever "Dego Gameplay Video"

Sorry to head back to the boring grasslands, but that's all I had enemies for! The video shows me taking an archer through a quick test level. The dungeon editor finally supports monster placement, spawn patterns, treasure chests, trigger zones, and locked doors! Tons of work for me... but it's worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XOZEP9AoOc
Why can't we embed videos?

A couple things:
-I thought I was recording the sound, but I guess I don't know how
-Youtube really killed the quality of my video
-I get a little too excited and accidentally start firing arrows at a piece of bread
-I talked about this feature but never showed it before, the wolf summoned half way through is the archer's pet. They chase down enemies and, apparently, open treasure chests for you (it's been a while since I programed that, I was surprised when I saw it)! If no one's around, they will closely follow the owner.

Izzy545
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks awesome!

Any chance of another demo? I already tried out the first one and would love to play the new one you've shown.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 08:51
Looks very impressive!

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments!

I'm hoping to have a demo out soon, but there are some things I want to finish up first. Like the shopping/equipment menus and all the class skills.

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 23:36
Good work Jimpo from all the guys over here at BHFaI games!!!

I for one got goosebumps while viewing your video.

Ripple - Rhythm Game
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 16:31
Nice, this looks really good! Not many db games are 2d, are you using sprites or 3d plains?

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
@zzz
I'm using 2d sprites, the AdvancedSPRITES plugin.

Update:
Good news! My friends wanted me to put out a new demo, and I need to test some features in four player, so I will have a new beta test out by next weekend. This is sooner than I was planning, but why not?

Here's what I've completed recently that will be in the new beta:

Shop - randomly generated collection of equipment and clothes. When one player buys something, it is removed from the shop. So if your playing with a friend, make sure to check the shop first!

21 items (plus the 7 starter weapons) - some items can only be found in treasure chests, while others can only be bought from merchants. Each item has its own special attack and unique properties.

I'll try to get as much as I can into the upcoming beta!

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 21:11
Rpg Vx Tilesets?
Looking great, I'll definitely keep an eye on this one!

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been working hard trying to get everything at least functional for this weekends beta release. Right now it looks like the only major features I wont have ready are bosses and interactive dungeons elements.

Update list:
New sword and new enemy
Stat screen now tracks things like time played and kill count
Collection screen shows how many items you have collected for each category. 22 in total right now
Test dungeon - the dungeon path/setup is determined randomly. Some outcomes have multiple routes and dead ends

I'll try to get skills, joystick support, and force feedback by the end of the week.

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 17:20
Yay!

Ripple - Rhythm Game
ozmoz
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice looking
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Big update for today, all class skills are now finished!

Dego has 7 classes and each class has 4 skills. It's going to be a pain for me to balance all 28 skills, so right now some might be completely useless while others are horribly overpowered. Remember, demo this weekend, so I'm looking forward to feedback on how to even out these skills!

Screenshots:

Necromancer summons a haunt to help out the fight!

Paladin sets up a defensive base using her holy shields! Players can move and fire through the barrier, but enemies and their bullets are stuck outside.

When the shields wear out, our heroes retreat! Archer sets up powerful traps inside the narrow passageway, finishing off those slimes.

What do you think? Post some comments!

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 00:21 Edited at: 5th Mar 2009 00:24
I think it looks REALLY good! I'm looking forward to that demo.
It's always cool when someone succeeds in making a cool RPG!

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 01:13
I don't know... some of those spells look a bit overpowered...

Ripple - Rhythm Game
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 09:45
Quote: "I don't know... some of those spells look a bit overpowered..."

That's just a good thing.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
The spells have limited use, so they are supposed to be much better than attacks. And their are 4 tiers of spells, so some are meant to be four times better.

Quote: "It's always cool when someone succeeds in making a cool RPG!"

Thanks, it's a shame so few people finish their projects. Their are so many great ideas floating around these forums, but it seems 95% of WIP posts just die out.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 19:01 Edited at: 6th Mar 2009 19:01
jimpo,

re: balance

have you considered writing a text-only combat simulator using dego routines and initial figures which could generate realistic blow-by-blow battles in a (near) instant and dump all the info for review? with only 4 skills per class, i really think you could develop top-notch, balanced encounters/routines fairly easily this way.

and, with that, will there be the ability to have computer-run party members to flesh out a full party for those of us who plan on playing this solo? or, will our adventures be scaled based on party size/strength? again, the combat simulator mentioned above would help in developing solid AI per character class which would then allow for full-party play no matter how many humans are at the controls.

otherwise, looking good, as always. looking forward to the next demo and/or update. whichever comes first and, if you want to explore/discuss the combat simulator or AI ideas some, you've got my email address.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 05:52 Edited at: 8th Mar 2009 06:30
@Virtual Nomad,
A lot of skills are ambiguous and depend on where and when they used. Something like the paladin's holy shields can't really be reduced to a number calculation.

Also, the game is balanced for one player, and scales upwards in difficulty if more players join the party. I'm most likely not going to add in AI party members

But on to good news,
Dego Beta is ready!

Click here! Download now!

What is included?
Nearly all menu options are functional
Character creation
22 items, 3 enemies, 300-400 clothes (male/female)

What didn't make it?
Joystick and force feedback
A real, full length dungeon
Next time, I promise!

Default controls:
Arrows keys, Z, X

Quick rundown on how to play:
A button attacks
B button uses your special attack, determined by weapon
Double tap a direction to do a dodge/dash
Hold A+B for a second to use your class determined skills
Beneath your hp their is a yellow bar, when it is 1/4 of the way full, you can use your level 1 skill. When it is 2/4, you can use your level 2 skills, etc.

Thanks to:
AdvancedSPRITES
Rpgmaker
Virtual Nomad

Post some feedback!
Main question: Is the game insanely hard?
Any bugs or low fps?
What was your favorite weapon/skill?
Anything else!

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 15:18 Edited at: 8th Mar 2009 15:18
I played the game and it rocks the fps never went below 300, now the warrior seemed weak, after i switched to the archer i owned, i found throwing stars . I liked how you made the dungeon change every time you played it. I also like the different outfits you could wear. Keep up the good work, also the slimes are crazy hard to fight a huge pack of them from afar, I got like five slims attacking me at once, there was a huge wall of orbs and i lost half my health. This game is fun.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 23:42 Edited at: 8th Mar 2009 23:56
excellent demo, jimpo! i enjoyed every bit of it, and can now see its full potential (almost with more tilesets, etc, it can only get better!).

Quote: "Is the game insanely hard?"

not at all. in fact, i'm wondering if you're considering difficulty levels. ie, easy/hard/too hard more on this later.

Quote: "Any bugs or low fps?"

high 300's throughout, and 1 possible bug:

while battling a not-so-bumbling bee, i maneuvered him into a corner and then whacked him, mightily, into the trees. it was only 1 tile deep so we were still able to exchange unpleasantries (i was feeding on the blood, voraciously, and, therefor, didn't think to see if he would make his way out or just sit there, whimpering, knowing his Time was at hand!). but, it made me wonder what potential negative(s) might come from this feature(?). maybe it would be better if we simply swapped positions in this scenario?

more feedback:

>> i would appreciate audible/visible communication when picking up gold and eating food. a simple "Cha-ching!" and "Gulp!" would be sufficient. you probably have this planned already, but it's worth mentioning.

>> after vanquishing enemies, when chests spawn they sometimes do so on top of food/gold/items left laying on the ground (i found myself saving food for when i needed it instead of gobbling it up instantly). is it possible to check if the space is occupied before spawning a chest and, instead, have it spawn next to it instead of on top? was i losing the item below the new one?

>> it became apparent early on that the environment (tiled/collision design) would play heavily into combat. monsters were easily "trapped" around corners while i was free to wander off and find something easier to fight, find food and heal, etc. this took away from some of the (potentially) tougher battles. by grouping them up, timing their not-so-random attack sequences, and charging in and out, i was able to easily vanquish the hordes. this kinda thing (using/exploiting the envornment) is something you see plenty of in this/similar game genres. to counter potential ills here, how about allowing (atleast some) monster attacks (maybe "magic" ones vs "physical" ones) to travel through trees, walls, or just some types of obstacles? i'm happy to see the enviornment be useful and factor into battle sequences (ie, it will play heavily in level design aspects) but i'd also like "tough" battles to remain tough. maybe a little more complex path-finding/ai would help a lot, too.

>> more on combat and difficulty: my character (first one so far) is a paladin (Burke. "Destroyer of All That Can Die (and then some)!", to friends now lvl 6.) with ~300 kills, and 3 deaths that could have all been avoided using the method mentioned above. i had completely forgotten about the special attacks until ~lvl 5 so never healed, etc.. by "grouping enemies, charging in and dealing a heavy blow, then back out. repeat." tactics, i found it pretty easy. the knock-back, which appears to stun enemies and stop their attacks, was easy to utilize over and over. and, i don't know if it was the fact i was already lvl 5 or 6 but once i got the Ball & Chain, it was even easier.

>> that reminds me of another possible bug. the Poison Ivy sword did ~ 30 damage on normal attack and roughly half that on the "heavy" attack. all the other weapons i'd used did about double damage on the heavy attack. i dunno if that was a conscious choice on the poison ivy since it had potential poison benefit but i don't think the monsters lived long enough for the poison to help me anyway.

>> in the "appearance" inventories, i would like to see something like: "Displaying Clothing Items 1-18", or a briefer "7-24 of 120" as we scroll through so many options. something along those lines to help keep track of where we are. you have done this kinda thing in the inventory pages, and the menus, otherwise, are well done given the limited screen area you're working with.

>> i would appreciate a "confirm on exit" prompt. using the escape key to back out of menus, etc, it's easy to get lost on how deep i was in a menu and accidentally quit the game a few times.

>> an F1 "help" window/overlay would be nice.

this demo was pretty well polished and i'm impressed with how smooth things ran and the attention to detail. you've really thought things through, and it shows. i decided to give you some thorough feedback here instead of a simple "it's great!", and it is, so i hope the nit-picking doesn't make you think otherwise

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
One thing I forget to mention, which you probably figured out on your own, is that pressing escape leaves the dungeon and goes back to the menu. The final dungeon room ends with 3 treasure chests for each party member.

I'm glad the game wasn't too hard. The way it's setup, you can dodge every attack if you have enough knowledge of enemy attack patterns, and being the one who programmed the AI, I rarely ever get hit. So I was really wondering if things would be too hard for someone just learning how to play!

Much to reply to! Keep them comments coming

Quote: "I played the game and it rocks"

Thanks! Glad to hear you liked the random dungeon paths, I didn't want the game getting too repetitive with only one level!

Quote: "the slimes are crazy hard to fight a huge pack of them from afar, I got like five slims attacking me at once, there was a huge wall of orbs and i lost half my health."

Slimes shoot more and more orbs with each consecutive shot. The trick to beating 'em is that standing in melee distance will reset their ranged attack to one bullet.

Quote: "i enjoyed every bit of it, and can now see its full potential"

Glad to hear. I can't wait to get all this engine/editor work out of the way and start working on the games real levels.

About the bug: I've never seen it myself I'll have to double check the collision setup

Okay, now on to your feedback:
>> I actually already had a sound for picking up gold and food but took them out. I'll put them back in
>> You wont lose item drops that are layered below other ones
>> I noticed the same thing about monsters and the environment. I'm going to stick to clear, open rooms for tougher battles. And yeah, pathfinding is a must because player pets always end up stuck in something
>> Condition specials do half damage in exchange for the condition effect. That does seem pretty worthless now that I think about. The point of the poison and burn weapons was to leave an enemy to slowly die all alone in the corner while you took on something more worth your time
>> I was toying around with how to show position in the clothing menus, no idea why showing the numbers like that didn't cross my mind... I guess the simplest answer is often the best
>> I had planned to make escape take you back to the title screen instead of quit. I'm also going to put in a tutorial stage to show how to work mostly everything.

Also, Virtual Nomad, you character in that picture looks awesome

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2009 06:40 Edited at: 9th Mar 2009 07:28
looks like i just missed you; was gonna try to get one quick post in before you responded tonight. alas, now this post will be a little bigger than i first thought

ok, as far as the poison/condition effects causing 1/2 damage, now that i know it is by design, i say leave it in the game. at this (beta) stage, its usefulness may not be fully realized. later on, as more monsters arrive, as dungeons and maps take various design, etc, there may be strategic elements that can come into play.

more on difficulty and balance:
i started a necro. meet Malyssa

at level 1, i had an easier time defeating my adversaries than i did with Burke. the massive rate-of-fire simply kept everything stunned and at bay. add to that the fact that spell range spans the entire screen plus her swift movement rate and i was pretty much unstoppable. summoning my unholy pets made for good fun and amusement as they dealt mighty damage while i watched from afar. i noted that they did more damage than Burke's level 6 basic attack, which surprised me.

also of note:

>> this time through, when the 3 chests spawned in a row, the farthest-left chest appeared where i was standing so the game shoved me to the right 3 tiles, past all of them vs 1 to the left/up/down, as expected.

>> the player is centered on the screen vs centered on the actual play area. this was realized as i was firing up with my necro, striking beasts i couldn't see. this also leads me to wondering if you'd consider an option for a "minimal" character info display up top vs the current (roughly) 1/5 of the screen devoted to character info.

and, finally, yes. i'm happy with how Burke has come to appear. he decided to grow a moustache around level 4. it seemed appropriate for a veteran of his stature as it makes him appear more distinguished. i heard of a bard now singing tales of beasts who sniff the wind and, should they find hint of the conditioner he uses on the moustache, return to their lairs and pray, knowing Burke, and the end of their days, is near!

to be honest, i didn't expect to enjoy the ability to change appearances as much as i do.

ps: i forgot to mention my favorite weapon(s) before. The Ball and Chain is excellent but the Great Sword rules all!

Attachments

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2009 07:00 Edited at: 9th Mar 2009 07:01
ah, double post to show something i just found:

that's Burke wielding the great sword. if you look on the left of each, there's a short column of white-ish pixels that sometimes appears. always when facing right or down, and only on 1 frame, but not every time. weird <shrugs>

Attachments

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
The great sword is a little too good for my liking... that is one special I'm going to have to balance. And I've never seen that strip of pixels myself, I think it might be the edge of the sword from the next frame some how sneaking its way in. No idea why, or if I'm even right!

Glad to see you started a necro I tried to balance out the advantage of range attacks with the extra powerful almighty slime bubbles. It's interesting you and White Fang found range characters to be better, I always found melee was stronger myself! Oh, and I'm probably going to weaken those necro minions, they just kill everything!

To address your two issues, I'm going to be checking over the collision again to look for that bee-in-wall thing and I'll look into getting stuck in chests and flying out. And I've got no plans to shrink the hud, there isn't actually anything being drawn below it

Quote: "i heard of a bard now singing tales of beasts who sniff the wind and, should they find hint of the conditioner he uses on the moustache, return to their lairs and pray, knowing Burke, and the end of their days, is near!"

Oh, conditioner is a very important part of every warriors battle preparation! And that little story gives me some great ideas for NPC dialog

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 20:18 Edited at: 3rd May 2009 00:04
@all
i decided to make a signature banner to show support and spread the word.
feel free to use it

here's code if anyone wants:

@Jimpo,
you should keep a link to the most current download in the first post

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size

Attachments

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 21:14
I'm showing my support, at first i didn't know about class abilities, with them the game is even more awesome, and with the slimes The Crazy hard is what makes them so fun. this game rocks.

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 01:36 Edited at: 11th Mar 2009 01:37
I'll advertise for this. It's not getting the attention it deserves.

Great work Jimpo.

Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good. But Jimpo I was wondering, is there some sort of RPG Maker VX character generator your using for all these characters? Because I don't see half of this stuff in the product.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the support everyone! It means a lot

Quote: "is there some sort of RPG Maker VX character generator your using for all these characters?"

Yeah, a lot of the parts come from some Japanese character generator and a handful of them were made by Virtual Nomad.

Okay, after a break, I figured it was about time to get back to work. I'm going to be adding in the last major feature into the level editor, the actor system. This should handle things like animated background objects, interactive environments, and NPCs.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 16:10
This is awesome keep up the great work!

tried the demo.
Loved it.
Played it again.
still loved it.
I think i'm gunna play it again.
Probly Going to love it some more.f

lol

New Site! Check it out \/
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 05:33
Awesome!! This is one of the most addicting games I've ever played, and right now it's only the same level over and over.

Just...awesome. Please finish!

My only complaint - it would be nice if the little summon guys had better pathfinding. They tend to get stuck behind stuff.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 01:49
Bug report: It seems that whenever I have a Wolf or a Shambling Horror and it has no enemies to attack, I get a "Runtime Error 118: Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line 375"

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This is awesome keep up the great work!"

Quote: "Awesome!! This is one of the most addicting games I've ever played, and right now it's only the same level over and over."

Always great to see positive comments
I'll definitely be finishing this game!

Busy weekend for me, but I managed to get in a nice multiplayer testing session. A lot of little things I overlooked or would have never thought of myself!

I've made a bunch of little updates and bug fixes, included a problem with unequiping weapons in multiplayer. Making sure everything works before going forward

Quote: "My only complaint - it would be nice if the little summon guys had better pathfinding. They tend to get stuck behind stuff."

That's been bugging me for a while too. I redid some of the old code so allies and monster now slide around walls and bushes instead of stupidly getting stuck.

Quote: "Bug report: It seems that whenever I have a Wolf or a Shambling Horror and it has no enemies to attack, I get a "Runtime Error 118: Array does not exist or array subscript out of bounds at line 375""

Thanks for pointing that out! Bug found and fixed

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 00:37
Quote: "allies and monster now slide around walls and bushes "

this should make for tougher combat. thanks!

*goes to sharpen his sword*

er, 1 thing before i do: how is the dungeon editor coming along? i'm as eager to build and share adventures as i am to play them!

*puts his dungeon master hat on and returns to sharpening his sword*

Drew Cameron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 01:17
Just thought I'd say this looks very well made from the screenshots.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 05:17
LOOKS good how about IS good! try the demo i love it

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "how is the dungeon editor coming along?"

That's what I'm working on right now! The only major feature left to add is an event scripting system. The editor isn't very user friendly, and I'll probably go back and give it a proper, easier to use interface.

So far I've added some features like weather and animated objects. Next step is to make it so you can interact with the level/npcs. Quests are always good

Screenshots:
Just fooling around with the editor

"If we travel past the horizon, what do you think we'll find?"
"I don't know, I don't care. Just as long as we walk together..."

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 02:45
The warrior and archer are in love I think? Yay.

This is starting to look like these are completely unique worlds!? Have you considered adding a final boss at all? I've got some good ideas for bosses. Yes, they involve baby devils in jars.

Also, lately I've been wondering if you plan on having little puzzles (sliding boulders for example)????

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 04:27
That...looks...so...COOL!

Me wants!

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 15:29
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New tile sets ftw

xD (I really must post more on this WIP, and actually play the demo a bit more, lol)
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 20:38
This is awesome, now just make (Or take from RPG Maker XP tile sets as they have tons of them if I remember correctly) and the game will look perfect.

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm glad everyone liked the new screenshots

Quote: "Have you considered adding a final boss at all?"

Yes! Although I haven't mentioned this before, their will be a storyline and the battle against the final boss will be the big finale

Quote: "I've been wondering if you plan on having little puzzles (sliding boulders for example)????"

Yeah, each dungeon will have puzzles and side quests that lead you off the main, monster-smashing path.

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 21:02 Edited at: 20th Mar 2009 13:28
Wow this is looking really awesome . Let us know when you release a new demo!

EDIT: Woah I just found the Beta. Downloading now

EDIT2: Wow, that is significantly incredible. Nice job, I like the worlds . Although there were times when my character (archer) fired but nothing happened, even while I was standing on a stone path...

EDIT3: I also liked the character creation-- I forgot to mention that.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2009 23:58
world(s)? i thought there was only one!

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 01:17
Quote: "world(s)? i thought there was only one!"

Oh whoops I was referring to the screenshots and the beta at the same time.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2009 07:18
oh ok i was like omg how'd i miss that!

aaaaahhh to many pics on the page and its jumping around while its loading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 20:36 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 20:37
Quote: "Although there were times when my character (archer) fired but nothing happened, even while I was standing on a stone path..."

Were you standing next to something like a tree or a well? The bullets use circle collision detection which works well for everything but the long, rectangular arrows. So sometimes they collide with the wall right as they are fired. I'll shrink the collision radius, it might look awkward but at least you can shoot properly.

I've been working hard(well, more like trying to avoid working) on the event system. Right now I've got NPC conversations and switches to open locked doors. I'm going to need a couple more functions before I can do what I wanted for the first dungeon.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 23:29
sweet! this game is going at a great rate!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 18:55:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 18:55:13