Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dego - Co-op Action RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 21:29 Edited at: 9th Nov 2009 21:29
Very nice bow graphics, especially the tree branch bow! These will definitely be included. Thanks for the quick response.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 00:58
I'd love to if I was any good at pixel art . Good luck!

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 02:09 Edited at: 10th Nov 2009 02:11
Those bows look real nice, Ashingda 27.

Jimpo: The rest of your graphics... look familiar. Did you steal them ?

t10dimensional
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 03:13
Hope this is good enough. I'll make more if I got time.

Razerx

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2009 03:20
@Profit - Question has been asked and answered at least five times in this thread. They are from RPGMaker.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice staff edit! Just a heads up for anyone who offers a weapon graphic, I'm going to be putting you in the credits under your username, so if you want something else, just let me know.

Vues3d on Kalimee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2009 00:25
Had a try...
nice work...
Got problems with character creation. my keyboard seems to be not the same as yours )

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
My programs always seem to have problems with different keyboards. What exactly wasn't working?

I wonder if there is a way to make the game play the same regardless of different keyboards.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 14th Nov 2009 23:00 Edited at: 14th Nov 2009 23:23
you could create a simple "keymap" configuration routine that asks the user to press keys for the various controls for each player, etc. then save the data in a txt/ini file and have dego check for a custom (vs default) layout file at start, read it, and assign those scancodes for the in-game keystate checks.

ps: i'm off work for a couple weeks so i'm able to whip something up for you to use or base your own on if you like. lemme know.

add: ah, i just loaded up the demo and saw you already have controls set-up in... might have to switch to a different keypress read routine if it's not working for others...

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2009 02:00
I Virtual Nomad

mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
downloaded the latest version from your blog, works perfect! me and my brother played for about 4 hours!

---
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "downloaded the latest version from your blog, works perfect! me and my brother played for about 4 hours!"

Glad you got it working. I thought I had updated all the links in this thread to be the latest version... guess not

As for the keypress thing, I'm using the scancode() command. It should at least work on different keyboards, but it will show up as a different letter in the menu.

Skyrift
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate to nag, and realise that you do have a life to run aswell, but any idea when you'll be releasing the next version?
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I hate to nag, and realise that you do have a life to run aswell, but any idea when you'll be releasing the next version? "
The next version I plan on releasing is the finished game. I'm trying to get it out as soon as possible, but at the same time I want the final levels to be the best yet, and not feel rushed. Maybe I'll be able to give an exact date sometime soon.

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a quick screenshot to show you all I'm still working:

It's a picture of razerx's weapon. The staff has a rare but powerful special attack attached to it. Also, I'm still accepting custom weapons if anyone is up for it.

Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 20:31
Looking great! Glad to see this is still being worked on, I was affraid the worst had happened

New Site! Check it out \/
Dragon_Soldier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2010 23:13 Edited at: 28th Jan 2010 23:42
-nevermind-
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 03:56
Still awsome after all this time....

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(O.o ) / WORLD DOMINATION!!!!!!!!!!
(> < )
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 09:40 Edited at: 31st Jan 2010 09:42
I've played an earlier version of this and I gotta say, I was impressed. Just too bad that I wasn't any good at it.

You did a great job on this and I cannot wait until the final version is released. I took a quick jab at making a bow off of your base model. Let's call it the Defiled Bow.

Attachments

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the support and the extra bow graphic!

Quote: "Just too bad that I wasn't any good at it."

Sorry to hear that, because the boss battles towards the end of the game get very challenging! Although since the demo, I've made it a lot easier to get exp, gold, and items by completing quests or beating previous bosses.

Here's the latest screenshot:

I'm getting very close to finishing the game, and I'm trying to work twice as much to make up for the long break I took around the holidays.

Several people on the game's blog have asked about the release date, and all I can say is soon. I really regret not releasing a second demo for two main reasons: there is such a long wait in between releases, and the majority of the game will be relatively untested compared to how many people played through the demo. So a tip to everyone - release multiple versions of your game before the final product, the feedback and testing really helps developers like us.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 21:36
sounds like the finish line is in sight, jimpo.

remember, breath in your nose and out your mouth

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, it feels so weird to be programming and testing the final bosses. Like it's just not right to finally be at the end.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 22:11 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2010 22:15
double-post. i hate when that happens! see below

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 22:14 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2010 22:15
Quote: "Like it's just not right to finally be at the end."

surely there will be a sequel or 2...

are you still including a level editor so WE can provide YOU with Mystery and Adventure as thanks for all you've done here?

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
are you still including a level editor so WE can provide YOU with Mystery and Adventure as thanks for all you've done here?"

I was hoping people would forget! The editor isn't very user-friendly, and I don't know if I want to take the time to pretty it up and add a manual. Plus I am using Aaron Miller's plugin to make the interface, and there is a pretty bad bug that he didn't seem to want to fix. Because of this bug, making events in the editor is a real pain unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Demented Fun Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 18:30
This game is awesome. I've already wasted hours on it! Good job!

Demented Fun Studios L.L.C.
www.dfs-gaming.webs.com
t10dimensional
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 02:37
I like it. keep it up.

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 16:11 Edited at: 16th Feb 2010 16:14
ha.........decided to start over. Meet Taku-kun, the lvl 16 mage.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )

Attachments

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm glad people enjoy making multiple characters! Bunny ears are a nice touch

And it'll soon be time for everyone to dust of their old characters. I just finished up the final dungeon today and will be starting the last boss.

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2010 01:25
Quote: "I'm glad people enjoy making multiple characters!"

You didnt know? ive made about a good.....12 or so.

Quote: "Bunny ears are a nice touch "

As sooooooon as i saw that accessory, i HAD to equip it. Cute yet still deadly with his awsome fire magic........

Quote: "And it'll soon be time for everyone to dust of their old characters. I just finished up the final dungeon today and will be starting the last boss."

Awwwwwwwwwwsome! The games almost ready for release..........

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You didnt know? ive made about a good.....12 or so."

Wow that's a lot! My main tester has like 7 characters, and I thought that was too many!

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2010 01:32
Lol.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
Animation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2010 15:02
This game is awsome D.Drag and I have spent hours playing it non-stop.
Wrynknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I just stumbled across this game two nights ago, and then two hours ago I stumbled across this website, and I have to tell you, GREATEST GAME EVER!!!! I cannot wait to get the final version!

The first boss, the Dragon, OMG, he was a tough cookie to break! Took me four tries with my Paly to finally overcome his might! After that I could beat him relatively easily with any class, since I figured out his pattern. The second boss, that HUGE Goblin dude, when he broke the floor around us I was FREAKING OUT! lol. and i really liked his one shadow tracking death rock spear from ground of doom attack, that was nice.

I got my Dad and brother into it, too. I play Paladin or Mage, my dad goes Warrior or Thief and my bro goes Necro or Paladin. Lots of fun!

Thanks again, for producing excellence, and again, cannot wait for final release!
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2010 01:04
Quote: "This game is awsome D.Drag and I have spent hours playing it non-stop. "

Yup. Animation is the main(other) member of our party! Taku and Hyruki All the way!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: "The second boss, that HUGE Goblin dude, when he broke the floor around us I was FREAKING OUT! lol."

HA!! Me too.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the comments guys! I really like hearing about people's experiences while playing the game

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 06:31
Just got back to playing this the other night, and I have to say it's quite enthralling! I think I just blew an entire night playing the beta, lol!

I know this was brought up earlier but I didn't see anything about it in the latest download. Is there a way to choose what special ability you're going to use? I was playing as a Mage and I wanted to use the third ability (great for clearing rooms when you have almost no health left) but after hitting some guys (not worth blowing a special attack on) it filled up tot he 4th bar and I had to use the 4th ability, which, honestly, is great and all but very hard to use efficiently!

The only time I found the Mage's 4th ability to be helpful was against bosses, or very difficult monsters. The third ability was great for those large groups! The 4th ability in a large group is a waste and you'll more than likely end up getting hit a lot trying to use it on them.

All in all, I spent 5+ hours straight playing it, so it's a great game with a lot of potential!!! I must say I am super excited to get my hands on the final version and be able to play through more dungeons!

I do have a suggestion to make this even more fun! Ready for it?

Online Play

There's more....

Online PvP

I can imagine it now! Fighting other people online to gain reputation/fame, which in turn would earn you super rare items/costume pieces.

[/2 cents]

The one and only,

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 16:21
Online Play"

Whoa...................Now theres an idea! Lets see what jimpo has to say about it...........

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
The game is too close to completion and I'm too focused on finishing it to add in a big feature like online play. But being able to choose which skill you use has been suggested a lot and will probably make it in.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 02:45
Good to hear about the ability choosing. Would make battles a bit easier if you can use what ability you want.

No worries about no online play. Perhaps it could be done later in a seperate executable?

The one and only,

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
I notice that the player's projectile may need some tweaking, do you have any plans for that?
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I notice that the player's projectile may need some tweaking, do you have any plans for that? "

What do you mean?

Ashingda 27
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 23:05 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 23:05

When using the big fireball, if you're near the wall like on the picture, the fireball disappears right away.

Attachments

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 03:57
And might i suggest using increasing velocity for the projectiles? I......I just think that it would be way better..............

Quote: " Perhaps it could be done later in a seperate executable? "

WoW....LOL.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "When using the big fireball, if you're near the wall like on the picture, the fireball disappears right away. "

Okay, now I understand. This has been mentioned before, and I'm not sure if it was before or after the demo was released, but I went through and adjusted all the projectiles to have more accurate collision ranges. I also just added in a change to shrink the radius when colliding with walls.

Quote: "And might i suggest using increasing velocity for the projectiles?"

I planned for the projectiles to move at more consistent speeds. It sounds like a neat effect though. Maybe I'll put it on a weapon or two.

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2010 04:00
Quote: "I planned for the projectiles to move at more consistent speeds. It sounds like a neat effect though. Maybe I'll put it on a weapon or two."

Ah, it was on purpose. might I ask why, or........? But thats ok! Hows the work on that final comin'?

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
When you say increasing velocity, you mean like when you shoot a fireball it starts out slow but accelerates faster and faster? There are some items later in the game that have projectiles like that, but for the most part, everything but boomerangs are supposed to move at constant speeds.

As for progress, things have gone really well this week. I've fixed a lot of bugs and added tons of extra content.

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2010 16:48 Edited at: 7th Apr 2010 01:45
Quote: "When you say increasing velocity , you mean like when you shoot a fireball it starts out slow but accelerates faster and faster?"

yup, but you said there were weapons that have that, so i'm ok now.

Quote: "As for progress, things have gone really well this week. I've fixed a lot of bugs and added tons of extra content. [quote]I'm gonna relese it right now."

HAHA! LOL!..........cant wait tho.

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )
t10dimensional
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 04:37
Just played the demo through(dungeons 1-5) with my 2 brothers and it worked very well. We made a total of 7 characters and redid some of them for training. It was fun doing the bosses and it took about 6-8 hours to beat them all.

The only big problem we ran into was that melee was underpowered. Mages and range can sit back and dodge attacks easily doing the same damage as melee. Melee has to stand right next to the enemy and can't see if the enemy is going to throw a boulder at him.

That's about it though. The game was very enjoyable and I look forward to when the game comes out.

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 05:02 Edited at: 9th Apr 2010 05:02
The only big problem we ran into was that melee was underpowered. Mages and range can sit back and dodge attacks easily doing the same damage as melee. Melee has to stand right next to the enemy and can't see if the enemy is going to throw a boulder at him."

Never really noticed. That is true!

YAY!!!! TH E3 00th post!!!! WOOO!!!!!!!!
Cool

(\__/) HHAHAHAHAHAH!
(> < )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 18:12:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 18:12:08