Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official WizMod Thread.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does the beta work yet? I want to play with it but the one out a few days ago wouldnt even launch test game.
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 10:47
@ appleslicer, heres my previous issue post copied and pasted:

im having an error, whenever i try to test this (a simple room, a start arrow, and a zone to turn on water) it crashes at test game and has extra debug info 0:0 on the end, please help me?

p.s im using v1.15 and my system can run x10 so i dont see why x9 is a prob (i would use x10, but no-one i know can play the games made by it )

-dolphin

-insert clever remark here-
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 11:02
@Dolphin Lover - This is really odd? I dont know what is causing this I have never experienced this kind of problem with WizMod.

Thanks for the suggestions Ply

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 15:29
wizkid, why not adding a zoom effect to the guns, like farcry 1, when you shoot a loot your weapon start zooming a bit

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 15:34
wizkid, another suggestion, can you make a directional eyedamange? For example they shoot you from the left and in the hud something shows you were hit by the left
And can you make the eyedamange works in multiplayer?Also a speed config by the weapons config wold be cool,and maybe be able to start with two weapons in multiplayer without having to pick up them
Thanks again
Good Luck!

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "For example they shoot you from the left and in the hud something shows you were hit by the left"

that already can be done with plysmod, just by scripting,, and i am sure with a little imagination you can do it with the "normal" fpi codes.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 16:33
but, scripts arent working on multiplayer

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 16:59
Check your email WizKid have sent you an update about the site progress need the stuff on it ASAP if you can do that.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:20
dolphin lover- that crash means fpsc doesnt know why it crashed. That was an early annoying little bugs, but somehow got covered over in the new beta's.

Sorry, but there are no "good" releases on the forums. We are planning on just completely finishing it, and then sell it here.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:26
Apple Slicer dont know if WizKid sent you the link to the site development if not would you like it i can email you the link so you also can give some feedback on design.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:28
Ah, yes, no he hasnt. Please do.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:29
Ok just typing it up now

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:36
Can't wait for the next beta. How about employing some sort of inventory?

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:43
Hmm, I was thinking of that myself, but I am not sure how complex this will be

As soon as "variables", like in plys mod are incorporated, then you could probably script your own inventory.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:53
Did I not send you the links appleslicer? Obviously not, sorry thought I did.

Great suggestions guys I doubt we will get them all working but I will give em all a try

I have done time now so I will make a list of desired features and then get cracking

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 17:59
Erm, can you chat via IM or E-mail about that Wizzkid?

And have you taken your test yet, or is that later?

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 18:01 Edited at: 12th May 2009 18:01
And The Next, I will email you shortly after I type it all up etc..

@Appleslicer - yeah I can chat, test over and done with

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 18:05
Ok great i should have the site ready for launch by the end of this week if all goes well also including as area where owners of the mod can go to get updates and so on passworded and secure of course.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
...email sent.

Tell me what u think.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 18:27
Hey Redeye, can you get on IM, Wizzkid and I are appearing offline.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 18:27
Sounds great The Next

Redeye they are great Just what we need!

Thanks both of you!

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thanks, i will be in 5 minutes on

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:15
Sent you another email about the site as for the membership thing it is working. Are you on msn now??

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:19
Well, Wizzkid had to go do something, i g2g soon in 15 minutes. But i will be back on in an hour

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 00:10 Edited at: 13th May 2009 00:16
One thing I've noticed is when you build your game, the water.fx folder isn't moved into the built folder and needs to be moved manually of the game will crash before it starts. Also a built game still has the camera coordinates at the top left, these should really be removed.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 00:51
The camera co ordinations will be removed and in newer versions the water files will be packed into the exe so you will not have to distribute them with it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 01:36
Quote: "As soon as "variables", like in plys mod are incorporated, then you could probably script your own inventory."

Are you going to steal ALL of my features?
You already mentioned dual wielding!

But, yes, with variables and a bit more commands, you can have an inventory.... like this one shown in this video.

Keep up the work, guys!

The one and only,

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 01:58
I doubt there will be dual weilding, i dont plan on adding it. Variables will just be a set of functions i used in a scripting language i made in DBPro a long time ago.

We dont mean to steal ideas, and we are aiming to make a mod that is different in most ways to others, we are very grateful for the help and support other modders have given us, and everyone on the forum aswell, thanks

Wizzkid

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 02:11 Edited at: 13th May 2009 02:11
Yeah, Ply, sorry it seems that way. A lot of the reason, looking back, is because we havent shown what this mod really does... YET! MUHAHAHA

No worries Ply.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 02:16
Did you get my email Apple?

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 02:28
Yes Nicky, I replied.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 02:48 Edited at: 13th May 2009 02:50
Here is the official todo and feature request list so far. I hope I havent forgotten anything

Quote: "Singleplayer

-To be able to time the screenshake so once it's triggered it can last x number of seconds.
-To be able to have objects properly float in the water.
-To have a water splash sound when walking through water.
-Gravity options
-In game menu - Change settings
-Recoil
-Bloom
-Ironsights

Multiplayer

-Multiple start weapons
-Dynamic objects and weapons

Scripting

-Variables
-targetdistwithin=X (perfoms an action on the "target" when they are within a certain distance)
-targetdistfurther=X (perfoms an action on the "target" when they are futher than a certain distance)
-targetwithinzone=X (perfoms an action on the "target" when they are in a trigger zone)
-targetaddhealth=X (X=health to give target)
-spawn=X (Spawns the dynamic object when perfomed)
-plrfallrate=X (Rate player falls at at anytime)
-Motionblurintensity=X (1-100)
-Waterblur=X (The amount of blur the water has on the players "eyes".)
-skystars=X (The path of the GIANT decal to be played over the skybox.)(For an example, a transparent decal, with stars that pulse)
-Decalspeed=X(50 is what FPSC has now, 0 is slow....and 100 is stupidly fast)
-hudfadein=X (hud to fade onto the screen. AS of now, fpsc only has "hudfade". A fade in would be much better)
-camerastartwarp=X (You know how when you first start the game, how the camera does that weird "fade in warp thing"? 1 is turn onuse, 0 is off)
-weaponslotdump=X (perfoms an act of DELETING whatever is in the slot the X is. For instance, say the player has two weapons. He hits a trigger zone, doing so, the pistol he had in slot #2, is deleted. good for halo style pickups)
-entitydrop=X (entity to spawn where the object has "died". Example: Pick-upable boxes that when shot, dumps out some money.
-teleporttoplayer=X (entity to teleport to the player)
-targetalive=X (performs an action when target is still alive)
-targetdead=X (performs an action when target is deaddestroyed)
-shaderchange=X (path to new shader to be applied to entity)
-mousespeed=X (changes speed of mouse to X. 50 is how FPSC has it now. (good for settings!))
-shaderdump=X (entity to have no shader. (good for settings!))
-bloomdecal=X (For DECALS. As the player gets closer, the decal fades more and more. vice versa)
-plrtempkeydump=X (If "1", the commands is used. Vice versa. When performed, the players movement keys (wasd,space, shift), are temporarly unavailibe. This can be used for many things. such as the player activate a control panel, and has to steer a robot with those keys. (puppet script by Conjured entertainment)

Bugs to fix

-Door animations
-Adjust run speeds
-Water optimisation (Not really a bug)
-BlurOn/BlurOff not using triggerzones
-Fix eyehud
-Fix the weird animations for enemies.
-Multiplayer - PlayerHeight Bug"

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and to testers for the scripting commands

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 02:55
Hockeykid
Dumpus
Nickeydude

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good guys. I'm glad you guys got Lemur support in there.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 05:46
Quote: "-Adjust run speeds"
Wizzkid, I didnt catch that before you stuck the list on the forums, erm, what do you mean by that? Like a script command or something?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 06:41
"camerastartwarp"
FPSC has that for a reason. It's during that time that FPSC allows the initial physics and AI logic to "settle in". Removing it may make some of the initializing become apparent to the player.

I'm rather interested to see you guys succeed at these commands:
spawn=X
entitydrop=X
shaderchange=X (Don't know WHY you would choose to go that route, but... it's your Mod)

Go for it, guys.

(I half expected to see something along the lines of "inventory=X" in that list. )

The one and only,

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 06:46
Quote: "
(I half expected to see something along the lines of "inventory=X" in that list. )"

I dont know what you mean by that, but that is not all the commands for the mod, we just arent sure of the others...

And as for the shader one, whats wrong with it? Erm, we just got together suggestions and ideas...idk what you mean

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 08:15 Edited at: 13th May 2009 08:17
Swapping a shader out mid-program would mean reloading textures, reapplying them to the object, as well as loading a new effect into the system. And if you want to be clean about it, you'll need to unload the old resources to keep the memory from overflowing.

I think it would be far easier to simply make a shader that does what you need to begin with.

I have a different approach this, but I'm keeping it to myself until it's done and showcased, which should be soon.

My last remark was a little snide (wasn't meaning to be harmful, but reading it now, it does sound rude) and was just hitting at the unusually direct approach you're taking to the FPI commands. An example would be the commands you have planned for the waterblur, motion blur, and bloom. If you thought about it, all of these are effecting a shader in some way and MAY be able to be wrapped all into a single command that might have even further possibilities.

The one and only,

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 12:50
@Appleslicer - adjust runspeed, I meant allow to person to change the speed in multiplayer

These are just a few of the suggestions and ideas people have given us. It is what they would like to see, so we will give them a try and we willnsee how they go

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2009 12:52
I'd like to see dynamic entities in multiplayer. It would make it much more realistic. and I would like to see darker, more realistic shadows, and better collisions that stick to the doors and animated entities instead of making a box, and making the doors collision-free. Very nice so far.

thanks

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 13:13
Thanks for the suggestions. We are working in single player first and then we will move on to multiplayer. Dynamic objects would be great in muliplayer so we will try and add them however it could cause a lot of lag so it mightn't work. But we will give it a try.

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2009 13:18
May I also suggest Geomod? it would be possible, but it would be great fun to implement. This would bring lots more people to a game. If you have played Red Faction, geomod is what keeps it alive today. you can use an explosion detection system and use a csg generation system to cut a hole and apply a texture. you could use coded entity-boxes to disable the geomod within the object's area. this would sound complicated at first, but when it is started, it would be easier and sound simpler. im sure there might be a source code on the internet for this, but it would be in C++ format, with some converting it might work with FPSC.

god luck,
thanks

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 13:29
Sounds rather difficult well you never know I will have a look and see whether I could even possibly give it a try lol.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 13:33
I had a brief look and I don't really think this is possible fpsc creates a static object and I doubt this could be altered like that. So I don't think this will be added sorry

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2009 14:11
its ok, it was just a suggestion. I found you some codes:

Collision Detection System
Voxels Terrain

i hope this helps in some way, and good luck!

thanks

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 14:11
Here's a post from Thraxas from another thread which I totally agree with.

Quote: "The only thing I would like to see, which is actually something I would like to see in 'vanilla' FPSC is text boxes which can read text from a text file and display it on screen.

I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but I find making a new .tga for each bit of text I want to display a huge pain. Particularly if you want to have someone give out quests etc. Having to open up your image editor and spend extra time making each hud is something I would rather not do."

GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2009 14:14
Yes, I agree!

FPI Command:

:state=0ISPLAYTEXT="SIZE","X","Y","TEXT TO DISPLAY"

something like that, or:

:state=0ISPLAYTEXT=textfiles\textdoc.txt

thanks

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service