Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official WizMod Thread.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
this is pristine, congratulations wizzkid!

will this be free or will we have to pay?
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 12:18
There is going to be a free version (non-commercial use only and some limitations) and a pro version which will cost $20, which is good value because you not only get a modded version of the engine you get loads of scripts , lots of custom media, and lots of other things such as customisable banners for your games

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 13:36
Quote: "customisable banners for your games"

I wonder why that is my favourite thing .

WizMod Developer.
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Good morning, Wizzkid can i buy this mod today? $20.00 is a really good deal. i can't wait. keep up the Awesome work. I hope you and your team have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 15:18
Quote: "I wonder why that is my favourite thing "

Hmmm, kerrby i wonder....

Hi Tanya, your the second person to ask me this today lol, i will email you, i cant sell it right now but i will explain in the email , thanks.

Wizzkid

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 19:43
Leaning Objects To The Side- I had sent a PM to you a rather long time ago on the Official Wizmod forums. Please check your PM inbox.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 20:10
hey wizzmod i just had an idea for you guys
trigger zone spawn options
so you can make trigger zones spawn trigger zones
i think this would be a great advantage!! (plus its vital in the game im planning lmao)
also, i mighta asked this before, and if so i forgot im sorry
but will you be able to have flashlights like the small circle ones ? like from doom and fear and halo games without having to put in a hud ?

also airmods newest versions are going in right?

and while im asking 20 questions lol, how is the ragdoll going and are there any blood changes?

lol wizzmods great
PS: cant wait to see more vids

shadow666
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 22:47
@ Apple Slicer Regarding that PM

Some PM history items may have been damaged in the move over he may not still have it in his inbox i suggest you resend he will get an email notification of its a arrival.

The Next
Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 23:28
i take it ragdoll was one of the secrets that john was bragging about, maybe you should have said that in a pm? or did they announce it somewhere?

-insert clever remark here-
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 23:39
We are working on ragdoll but it might not be in the first full release, it is very complex and difficult unfortunately...

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 04:12
Quote: "i take it ragdoll was one of the secrets that john was bragging about, maybe you should have said that in a pm? or did they announce it somewhere?"

I don't actually think it was ever announced but kept a secret until now dolphin.

WizMod Developer.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 15:05
It is still not an official feature, we are experimenting with it, so far it isnt going too bad but it needs a lot of work to get it working with fpsc characters, and even once we do get it working, we will have to get it integrated into the fpsc code which will be hard.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 15:19
WizMod forum needs more posts, get aboard guys .

WizMod Developer.
Years of Service
User Offline
Good morning, Apple Slicer and Wizzkid i didn't receive your emails...please resend. thanks. I hope you guys have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 17:42 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2009 17:42
Hey tanya, I will resend mine, is your email address: SUEME5(at)yahoo(dot)com? You have a nice day aswell

Wizzkid

Years of Service
User Offline
Wizzkid, received. replied back. You guys are the Best! keep up the Awesome work. Have a great day guys.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 19:06
Got your email tanya

23 Days till release Not long now

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 19:53

I have emailed you. Please respond asap. Thanks.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 03:24
great, i cant wait for the new beta!

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 05:08
Hey guys,

I just wanted to show off Knxrb's awesome terrain in Wizmod.

Screen 1.

NO FPS DROP AT ALL

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 05:24 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 04:55
nothing

Quited the forums
Good Luck Everybody, grettings from argentina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 06:44 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 06:46
@ Apple Slicer i have replied back to your email..need me to resend?

@ Wizzkid i can't wait! tonight will be the first night that i camp out for this mod.. i am so looking forward to the release of this mod. i did the same thing when the xbox 360 first came out..

I hope both you Wizzkid and Apple Slicer have a good night.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 07:04 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 07:09
Sorry Tanya, I hadnt checked my email. I got it though.

Thanks for the comments too.

We have many surprises coming for yall'

I really want to spill the beans but...nah.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 08:54
Is the terrain feature apart of the new BETA?

WizMod Developer.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 08:54
Yes. It is.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 09:01
Still on for the 12th of July release?

WizMod Developer.
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 09:12
Quote: "Yes. It is."

You only have preset terrain models though, right? As the source code for the map editor isnt out yet.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 09:14 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 09:15
The source will be, and we will add the terrain editor to it.

The terrain uses a heightmap. All you need to do is use black and white colors, and render clouds for quick and easy high poly high fps terrain.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 09:16
Hm. What you could do is make a third party terrain editor for now, that exports the terrain into a premade heightmap.
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 09:17
That is what we were thinking. i am sure it could be possible. It would be another T.ed program.

Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 09:26
Quote: "That is what we were thinking. i am sure it could be possible. It would be another T.ed program.
"

Better still, you could integrate it into the fpsc source, so that it loads while in test game.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 15:19
@kerrby - the next beta release date may be later because we want as much in the first release as possible but we will try to get a new one out around then. Final release date is still the 25th, and any features that aren't finished by then will be available in an update asap, all updates are free after purchase although hopefully we get everything done on time, we should

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 15:36
Hows the water doing?

I want a new computer!
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 15:46
The water is great! Better than ever in fact It is now very customisable and you can have as many water plains as you want You can change the colour of water and any other aspect of it. Check previous pages for some screenies, I think you will like!

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 19:56 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 20:10
so what can you do with the terrian?
as i understand, you can walk on it, but other then looking cool (really cool) whats it for lol

i presume its for games that take place on land? or is there something else (either way , a normal piece of land like this in fpsc will be very useful to make halo and crysis type games ) (so long blocky land segmants! lol )

also with the 3rd person how do you edit who you look like?

secondly, ive asked this a bunch of times bunch i havnt really gotten a strait answer lol so sorry guys if youve seen this question already from me, but i still dont know the answer lol - do you have options for the flashlight, like smaller, bigger, brighter, dimmer, torch light, or circle light (like from halo and fear and doom etc)
or solid light, or flickering light, etc, i think these options (and maybe trigger zone scripts that change them!) would be sweet! lol if you guys already have this , thats amazing! your geniuses! if you dont , your still geniuses!! lol but its an idea for the next version

thirdly, how can you do that light thing i saw in your site pics! its really cool! is it only for taking pictures or ingame too?!

lastly, you said that particles are in (or almost done, i forgot lol) so does this mean we can make our own particle blood? (if so what program can we use to make it. and also is there a new blood you guys made?)

ps: cant wait for more vids, you guys are awsome!

edit: i know im a little late for this but i wanted to just confirm - every body , the possibility of ragdoll was talked about in the early stages of wizzmod on the forums, lol i do NOT reveal secrets im very careful about that. (ps: i hope you guys finish it for the release, not only will it be amazing, but youll get to taunt every other mod/migration/x10 !

shadow666
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 19:58
The terrain plus the great water has many possibilities for games. Looking forward to messing around with it.

[img][/img]

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 20:37 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 20:38
On a brighter note check out the fps.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 20:58 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 21:00
Well im pretty sad that apple slicer has left the team , hope you change your mind, but we still will continue working on the mod, release date still as planned.

@S4, sorry for the whole upset between wizmod and PB, i think it is good to have healthy competition and helps you strive to improve the mod.

Anyway, i will try and answer some of your questions john:

The terrain is used for making large outdoor scenes, with more detail than you would usually have in a model and also without the reduced performance you would have using a large terrain, high poly model.

The third person player is simply an entity that you can choose from the entitybank and then apply the third person script to. Simple

As for the flashlight, the features you mentioned will probably not be in the first release but, the first release is only the first stepping ston for the future of wizmod. Each time we add new things we will release a new update that you can download free So features that mightnt make it into the first release due to time restrictions, may be added in the next update, we want to give you as many features and options as possible.

The lens flare you see in the pictures is a thing appleslicer made for the mod, i will try and get in touch with appleslicer to see if he can send me the files to include in the wizmod release. I have seen it ingame and it looks really nice!

The particle system, im not coding this so i cant give you precise details but, you will have the rain and snow from xrMod, and also custom particles which means you can create your own particles and choose what they are like. The particle image can be made in any image editing software. Although, like i said im not coding this so i cant give you precise details yet.

Ragdoll will definately be something we will try and add. I have been experimenting with it, and it isnt going bad, but wont be ready for the first version as it is very difficult.

Hope that answers your questions

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 21:16 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 21:18
thanks
a few more questions
how long do you think it will be before the version of wizzmod that has that stuff comes out?
and with 3rd person, will you be able to see yourself in the water reflection etc when your in first person?? also can you make a flashlight like the small circle ones, by using xrmod's piontlight (or something i forgot the name) and making it realy small?

now . on a sadder note ... apple slicer was one of the first wizzmod develepers i knew about im really sad that hes leaving and if its alright to ask, id like to know what happened? maybe we can fix the problem , cause id love to bring him back apple if your reading this, just know that everyone at wizzmod loves you, even if you dont come back , we'll miss you, and youve helped everyone alot through out wizzmod and the rest. if it helps, we still really want you back and wizzmod will never be the same without you

i dont know what happened between wizzmod and pb mod (but id like to know) but i hope leaving wizzmod is not your way at getting back at them, cause its most likely gonna end up helping br mod

we'll all miss you, and i hope you still watching this thread, in plans to come back

shadow666
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 00:21 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 01:41
@Black Profductions - wizmod has not been suspended, it will carry on as normal

@John - i dont know what the M is lol Go ahead, just say what it is, we have already told you all most things about 3rd person.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 01:34 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 01:45
I'm locking this while I try to tidy it up. It's not being locked forever so please don't start a new thread or a thread asking why this is locked. It's just easier to tidy up a thread if people are not posting in it at the same time.

Also once it's re-opened whatever squabble is going on can be had off the forums. I will noob slap/ban anyone who decides they want to keep on having the flame war after I spend time cleaning it up.

I'm not offended by swearing but as for this trend of starring out your swears. Get over it people. If you're not intelligent enough to post without having to swear don't bother posting! I've said it before but the message doesn't seem to be getting through, star out a swear and you will be banned for 3 days minimum.

=================================================================

Ok I've removed all the 'off topic' posts, and edited some posts which had off topic content in them.

Let's keep everything on topic from now on.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 02:02
ohh, i tought it was cancelled! :S
Now, i am back

Quited the forums
Good Luck Everybody, grettings from argentina
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 03:02
OMG XD heightmap. good work! cant wait for the release! Is the terrain visible in the editor (so we can place objects on it)?

thanks

Your signature has been erased by a mod because combined with the text it's taller than 600x120
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 03:47
it sortof rhymes with trigger and starts with an M end with OR
lol im not sure if its a secret , but just to be sure,
i talked about it alot with you on emails,
the things i obbsessed about were, ragdoll, flashight and...

shadow666
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 04:10 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 04:12
I bring news to those of the TGC community:

The wizmod team is contracting from the TGC forums until release date. We are sticking to the 25th still so be patient and have faith in the team.

Also after reflecting on his actions and noticing he cant simply leave the mod behind. Appleslicer decided to return to the development of the mod.

Have a good day.

[img][/img]

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 04:37 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 04:39
Apple Splicer is back people, that's a good thing because he has given SO MUCH to this mod.

Please everyone head over to the WizMod forums, that's where future discussions will be.

I am so disappointed in you S4Real, I thought you were better than that. Just shows how low you have to stoop to steal every feature of another mod. It's just an unbelievable act. You should be disappointed in yourself, you've tarnished the FPSC modding community name.

Anyway because of this, WizMod additions will be kept a secret. I hope you're happy.

That's all I have to say about it, time for some of us to move on.

www.wiz-mod.com is the website for those who didn't know. So get on over there and start posting . Keep the forums active .

WizMod Developer.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 04:44
Good gracious, I walk away for a day and all hell breaks loose, apparently. Not sure what started it, but glad to see it's all cleaned up.

Terrain is looking good, just as it did in the xrMod thread. Still wondering how well character entities react with it, though. Any news on that?

The one and only,

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 04:48
Hello Plystire.

Following the events that happened today, we can't share any information.

Sorry.

Ps. Good to see you're not flaming .

WizMod Developer.
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@Kerrby Tell me what features we have stolen that was not in PB before wizzmod. Please get your facts right before flaming me.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 04:50
Quote: "@Kerrby Tell me what features we have stolen that was not in PB before wizzmod. Please get your facts right before flaming me."

I'm not flaming anyone, I was just pointing out my disappointment for what happened.

That is all I can say, that's the last you'll hear from me for a while.

WizMod Developer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 18:02:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 18:02:12