Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] The Zombie Mod Creator - Official Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2009 19:57
thx Arenas

Well, the edited stuff is a custom script called (Any_Weapon) which of course allows you to pick up any weapon and I change the buy weapon huds aswell (Edited then saved as a new file ). You can create a new script for a weapon, rename it, set the money ammount and off you go

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey. I very much doubt that i will be doing anything on this mod for the next 6 months. I have my GCSE's that will be on in june and my mocks which start in 4 - 6 weeks so im going to start working on revision for them for a while.

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 17:14
Ok

If I get time I will send you the edited media for after you finished your mocks and GCSE

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 22:32
@Arenas,
Maybe when you have to stop developing ZGC you should hand over complete control to shadowfire so he can continue handling the media and stuff.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
If shadowfire wants it then ye. Perhaps he could get a helper or sommin. I will still be able to post and stuff. Just not as much time.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2009 23:46
Quote: "complete control to shadowfire"

Nooooo, if he becomes supreme overlord of ZGC, who knows what he may do!? I must stop him!

*random speakers go on in the city*
Watch out shadowfire, I'm coming for you!!!!

http://www.uncaged.co.uk/pg.htm
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict" - M.L.K.J.
Stop P&G from testing on animals.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 03:07
Quote: "not played nazi zombies yet = haven't lived."

I've probably played more games in my life than names of games that you know.
I've also most likely been to more places in this world than you. So I think it's safe to say I've "lived".

And yet .... I haven't played and don't want to play nazi zombies.
I find creating a brand new game far more entertaining and fascinating than re-creating a game that... I could just pick up and play instead of spending many hours making a less-than-perfect-copy. But, hey, we all have our boat floaters, right?

The one and only,

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 13:15
Quote: "I haven't played and don't want to play nazi zombies. "

Wait... what- ???

Quote: "spending many hours making a less-than-perfect-copy."

I beg to differ. I see this as more of a "FPSC isn't very good, so let's make it better" kind of mod (pack). I also found a neat little trick, that make nazi zombies in FPSC different from CoD5: just make a campaign level, with random parts where you have to hold off the zombies for a certain time limit. (if you can do time limits in FPSC that is...)

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict" - M.L.K.J.
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well if you try remakes any new features that you create during remaking you can then add into your own rooms. As an example, Nazi Zombies has waves. Now if you were to have the player enter a room and have to wait for a reason you could make them fight X number of waves. I am also using the cash system and weapon and ammo systems in my new game so they havent gone to waste in any way.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 17:02
Quote: "complete control to shadowfire"

Sounds nice... but i'm afraid no, as, like arenas, i am also doing my GCSE'S and i have almost no time to use FPSC now. however, i can probably dish out some stuff and possibly do a bit of scripting on the weekends.

Can you solve the mystery of bunker 413?
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well im gonna be totally booked from now until after the exams and even then i will be celebrating with mates for a week or so... I guess that we should lock this thread? Then open it up again after the exams? Or leave it open just for general posting, but it may auto lock after 30 days... I reckon it would be best if we get a mod to lock it.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2009 18:14
hmm... i'm more than happy to stay on the forums and answer questions, plus people are in the middle of making games, so i think we should leave it open.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 00:22
Quote: "make nazi zombies in FPSC different from CoD5"

Then, in what form are they nazi zombies? They are just regular zombies coming in waves. In CoD5, it makes sense to call them "nazi zombies" because of the game's background. In FPSC, saying that you're making "nazi zombies" is only saying that you're attempting to replicate that which has already been made. The concept of spawning waves of zombies is not unique to nazi zombies, or CoD5 for that matter. In stead of calling this "Nazi Zombies", why not just call it the more specific phrase of "Zombie wave spawner control" so that you don't sound as though you're trying to be something you're not?

I understand the excitement gamers feel when playing something really fun and the inspiration it draws out from a game designer, but really... giving it the same title is just saying "I can't think of a new name, so I'll just copy their name."

The beauty of being a game designer is having the ability to make something unique, something that you can call your own.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "giving it the same title is just saying "I can't think of a new name, so I'll just copy their name.""

Naming this Nazi Zombies also draws in the attention of the people who like Nazi Zombies and as most people know what Nazi Zombies is means that it is a quick and easy way to describe the features within it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 01:22
Or chase away the people who wanted to make a new kind of zombie game, didn't want to copy another game, but could have actually used this for theirs?

The one and only,

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 07:31
I also agree with keeping the thread open, since it is Christmas holidays I will be doing some serious work with Z-Mod helping others and using myself so PLEASE don't lock it.

@Plystire + Arenas
Arenas you should be studying for your GCSE's,
Ply you should be doing what you do (PB+PG)

SO STOP ARGUING ABOUT Nacht Der Untoten!

Happy to help ...

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 09:46 Edited at: 28th Nov 2009 10:34
Here are some screenies of what i started to work on last night. Please note that i didn't use ply's inventory script. Im writing an entirely new script which goes directly into the level setup.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 09:51
looks good! that's inspired me to go back on FPSC... see you all in a mo.

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
For the last column im lacking a few pictures needed to complete it. If anyone could upload the pics it would be greatly appreciated. For the last column the weapons are:

Model Pack 10\M67FRAG (I have this pic)
EAI\RPG (I dont have this pic)
EAI\Granade Launcher (I dont have this pick)

Im in need of one more explosive. I want the weapon to be of EAI standard however. I may consider looking at the model packs (even though their quality is very far behind EAI's current)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 00:03
Quote: "@Plystire + Arenas
Arenas you should be studying for your GCSE's,
Ply you should be doing what you do (PB+PG)"

Learn your place. You are not anyone's parent here, and you certainly don't know enough about us to insinuate that we should be doing something else.

@Arenas:

The inventory is coming along great! Looks very nice a sleek.
One question: Is it easily customized?

The one and only,

JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 07:13
wow ply, im sorry that my comment had such an effect on you

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "One question: Is it easily customized?"

You just alter the names of the location of the huds so like remove slot4d (The M249A) and replace it with what ever weapon you have and then search and replace all the directroies in the text file with the new weapon directroy and it should work fine. (Too many ands there). I am stuck however and i wonder if i could get some help from you on switching. As the code is in my level setup it all runs very fast but when my code reaches X lines the bottom few lines of the file become ignored, i dont know why :S

I am TheFirst Person
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys. I'm a 3D modeler and i have just started to learn FPS creator recently. But i Have some problems. Can anyone explain me how to import an OBJ file into FPS creator plz
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 14:58
you need to convert it into x file first. You will also need to make a bmp image if the object and a script (You can do this in notepad and save as a .fpe or .fpi file)

Look at some of the stock media scripts if your stucj

That should be about it, place it where the files are needed and enjoy

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
If you convert it into an Xfile and email it to me i would be happy to set up the rest (write the .fpe file).

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 22:10
Quote: "but when my code reaches X lines the bottom few lines of the file become ignored"

You more than likely passed the maximum allowed lines for a script. In PB/PG, it is 300 lines, and in vanilla it is 150.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 22:13 Edited at: 29th Nov 2009 22:14
Is there any way t bump up the max? I sorta need those lines!!! I recon if the max was 1000 that would be more than enough... How easy would it be to bump it up?

Also, do empty lines count? Im cutting down my script, its a heck of a lot harder to understand, but at least it runs....

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 22:22
this sounds complicated... I better leave you guys alone... *runs off*

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2009 22:38
It's not hard at all to bump it up, but doing so is inefficient with memory. The mass majority of FPI script barely hit double digits in line numbers, and very rarely hit triple digits. I thought no body would ever NEED 300 lines.

If the cap is upped to 1000, then just about every script out there is going to be using 3.33x more memory... even the ones that only use 10 lines of code. The array for the script lines is predefined, hence the cap.

The one and only,

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I wasnt sure how the memory ratio played out per script... I guess im gonna really compress everything onto fewer lines...

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 17:22
(that's my head)

i think i'll leave the complicated program questions to you guys, and the game-making to destroyhive and I to mastermind (mwu ha ha ha ha only kidding)

and remmember kids(not implying) n-o flaming!

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2009 18:43
Quote: "and remmember kids(not implying) n-o flaming!"

lol

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 02:01 Edited at: 6th Dec 2009 02:08
Doesn't come with zombies!?

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the problem is that Zizombie is free but we cat include it with the package as there was an argument abut whether it was a re-make of a model pack weapon. Bond1 cant give us his zombies either so there isnt a large amount of other good quality zombies that can be included.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2009 23:34
Quote: "game-making to destroyhive"

What!? I'm not making any games! Oh my gosh! Rush rush rush!!!

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 19:40
you missed the "and i" it's an honour, really. we don't hand that title out to just anyone... well, actually we do, but keep it hush-hush! (this is the priate messaging system isn't it? becuase i put this on the forum... man, i wouldn't want to know)

hawk moth
Years of Service
User Offline
um , this may seem like a stupid question but how do I open the readme? It keeps saying file is corrupt when I try to load it in word.
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2009 03:13
@hawk moth

You could try reinstalling it

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
The read me isnt a word document. its an XPS, so i think it opens using a different program. Im not sure if it will work in word.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2009 00:54
Read me. Just douple click adn it should open.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1904357
More info at the product Chat! FPNS comp
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2009 08:43 Edited at: 14th Dec 2009 08:43
Competition guys!

Shadowfire I will email you about this tonight. There may be a new competition to create the fourth map for the official Z-Mod maps! There will be some prizes, but i need to speak to several people first. Deadlines are not up yet, but will be up at some point over the next week along with a thread on the TGC forums. I hope to make this a large annual competition. Shadowfire, like i said, I'll email you tonight about it

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 02:30
count me in!

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol, Your like the biggest fan of Z-Mod

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 17:32 Edited at: 15th Dec 2009 17:34
srry everbody!!! I havnt been around 4 a while. Having troubles installing FPS Creator on a new comp. Or well im trying to move it but it needs a serial code which I dont have anymore. Im moving it because the one that it is currently is on is getting a new hard drive because it finally broke down.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2009 18:56
kk.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 02:28
Quote: "needs a serial code which I dont have anymore."

Check your Email, hopefully it's still there.

Quote: "Lol, Your like the biggest fan of Z-Mod"

I thought shadowfire was

Quote: "around 4 a while"

The new Left 4 Dead

A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I thought shadowfire was"

He makes it as well I recon that the compo will be open once i can get a few more prizes up for donation I recon i may start a feww prize request tonight. I will also be sending out some email for requests for some people's material. Also, I hope that the compo will be ready to open before the GCSE's start this year.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 16:29 Edited at: 16th Dec 2009 16:30
Quote: "Check your Email, hopefully it's still there."

Nope checked like 20 times but still nothing cause its a 2 year old email.

Quote: "The new Left 4 Dead"

Yes and I do say it is better than the 1st one.... By Far!!!!!!!!!!!
But just a thousand times harder.
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 17:30
Quote: "Quote: "Lol, Your like the biggest fan of Z-Mod"
I thought shadowfire was"

Oi! i came up with the whole idea! biggest fan... (humph)

only kidding. i'm not mad. but i do make z-mod.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 02:54
Quote: "Quote: "The new Left 4 Dead"
Yes and I do say it is better than the 1st one.... By Far!!!!!!!!!!!
But just a thousand times harder. "

I don't think you got the pun.

Quote: "Quote: "around 4 a while"
The new Left 4 Dead"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 06:19:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 06:19:18