Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / WASP Mod - FREE

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I'm having the same problem. I've used V116 but I uninstalled it completely and I'm using V115 but I still get an error every test."

Just so I understand, most of you did have V1.1 WASP mod working and then suddenly, now it doesn't?
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
No, firstly i thought i had 1.1 now ik have 1.1 and it doenst work. I installed it wrong at first. Sorry my English is bad...

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for the report.. Strange, I'm not getting this error.. I'll look into it.

Quote: "Sorry my English is bad..."

Your English is fine...
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2009 05:22
Quote: "Ok, guys, I think that's fairly unanimous, Kerrby's sig it is.."

Haha, cheers man! I see you're not using it though .

Good luck with your mod, I'm here to support you. If you need anything else from me, just let me know.

WizMod Developer.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Your English is fine... "

Thanks

Maybe it is something with Vista? Does anyone with XP or Windows 7 has the problem?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Haha, cheers man! I see you're not using it though"

I am on the website ...

Sorry, haven't had much time to update anything else...:
ace93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2009 15:47 Edited at: 5th Oct 2009 16:55
Scene Commander would you upload a fresh build?
When I use your mod my FPSC always leads to crashing Im using 115.
and yes it used to work with 1.1
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "and yes it used to work with 1.1 "

Hi, I will upload a fresh version but first would like to try to solve this issue.

If you've tested V1.1, and it worked but no doesn't can you please give me a little information on what might have changed on your system.

Most significantly, have you been beta testing the official V116 beta?

When the game crashes, where does this happen and what error reports are you getting.

Have you installed, changed anything in the FPSC main directory since testing the working version of V1.1?

Many thanks for feedback. We'll get this sorted out.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi, I will upload a fresh version but first would like to try to solve this issue.

If you've tested V1.1, and it worked but no doesn't can you please give me a little information on what might have changed on your system.
>> It didn't work from the beginning
Most significantly, have you been beta testing the official V116 beta?
>> Now i don't really trust betas
When the game crashes, where does this happen and what error reports are you getting.
>> Debug 1 error just as stated above
Have you installed, changed anything in the FPSC main directory since testing the working version of V1.1?
>> No, apart from the mod off course
Many thanks for feedback. We'll get this sorted out. "

>> Sure no problem!

I'll be happy to test it when the new version is out. Thanks!

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2009 03:14
Hey Scene Commander, The mod is looking great. I just decide to drop by the forums for a quick visit and went through and looked at all the features you have going. I have just started working on my own mod right now, but if I can manage to get some good coding to happen I will toss it over towards you if you would like it, and yes airmod conversion is first on my list if you need any help with that.

Keep up the good work.

"Games should not equal greed, but they should equal joy to those that play them, education for those that don't know they are learning, and hope to those who live stressful lives"
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Gamer X

Good luck with your mod, and any code would be great.

Let me know if you need any help too.
Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 02:28
Thanks Scene Commander, I will send you e-mails now and then if I need help or just made a break through in coding something I think you may want.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2009 08:52
Scene, I think you should work on third person scripts as that seems to be what everyone wants.

WizMod Developer.
EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 22:31
not that i don't won't i, but why is third person so important to everyone?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2009 23:21
Because it's out of the norm to do it in FPSC, you know..... where the FPS stands for "FIRST PERSON SHOOTER"?

The one and only,

ace93
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure!
Ok so first of all I havent tested 116
The error takes place when its Building Portals.
It reports the following: 'Extra Debug Info: 0 0'
I havent changed anything at all.
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2009 23:55
i personally DONT want third person, but i guess im outnumbered

Your signature has been erased by a mod please resize it to 600 x 120
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 06:46
I'm not on here much, but I swung by and noticed this. As Ply said much, MUCH earlier on, I mis-read the title as "WASD" mod

Anyways, it sounds pretty good. My question though is that why do you need two timer systems? I noticed this mentioned in a lot of mods. What's the point?

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2009 08:00
Hey scene, just checking up.

When do you plan on adding in the WizMod features?

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyways, it sounds pretty good. My question though is that why do you need two timer systems? I noticed this mentioned in a lot of mods. What's the point?"

This code is inherited from Apple Juice and written by S4Real. The overall affect is a very smooth frame rate. I personally would have agreed that dual timers where unnecessary until I saw this code in action.

Quote: "When do you plan on adding in the WizMod features?"

There will be a major announcement regarding new features and the future of WASP mod soon which I think will please everybody.
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Me watching this

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 01:13
Quote: "This code is inherited from Apple Juice and written by S4Real. The overall affect is a very smooth frame rate. I personally would have agreed that dual timers where unnecessary until I saw this code in action."

Funny... I could have sworn I was talking with S4real about the two timers deal and he agreed with me that he didn't understand the need for two seperate timers.

The one and only,

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Funny... I could have sworn I was talking with S4real about the two timers deal and he agreed with me that he didn't understand the need for two seperate timers. "

Then why did he write it ?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 01:31
That's why I said it was funny. I don't know if there was a mistake here somewhere, or a misunderstanding between people, but that's what I recall.

Also, if he did write it and TWO timers really is better than one, then wouldn't Project Blue have two timers?

The one and only,

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's why I said it was funny. I don't know if there was a mistake here somewhere, or a misunderstanding between people, but that's what I recall."

I think there must be some misunderstanding here somewhere. As I said, I inherited the code which I just ported across. I haven't really looked into it fully. I'm afraid I took what I was told at face value . Still, I can't deny the efficiency of the code, dual or not..
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 12th Oct 2009 22:58
Um, It would be scripted in if he did do third person (like in project blue and fenix mod) so you'd actually have both.

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2009 05:46
i can't wait until fpsc 1.16 comes out

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 01:22
The thing I don't get is how you would use two timers, unless you are using one timer for some things and another for others. Certainly you can't time a timer...it wouldn't achieve much

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 01:35
No, it wouldn't, and unless the "other thing" they need timed is outside of the global scope, you could just as easily use the SAME timer as everything else.

The one and only,

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The thing I don't get is how you would use two timers, unless you are using one timer for some things and another for others"

I think it's safe to assume that the timer is only a single timer system.... Which having had a proper look at S4Real's code it looks to be. Just goes to prove you can't believe everything you're told. I've adjusted the first page to reflect this.

Quote: "Certainly you can't time a timer...it wouldn't achieve much "

LOL
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok... Big News as promised.

WASP mod will be merging with Fenix Mod. This process has been underway for a couple of weeks now but as both Hockeykid and I are busy people we only decided to announce this yesterday. Eventually almost all of WASP mods features (actual and promised) will find there way into the merger as well as a number of undocumented commands and features. This will also include WASP mods performance enhancements which I am rewriting at the moment to ease integration.

This also means that WASP mod users will now get to use all of the great features and commands in Fenix mod (such as the much requested 3rd person), the Airmod features which are already coded into Fenix mod, as well as Flatlanders RPG mod which is being merged at the moment.

As before, I'm still happy to receive features/commands from other users so if you've written anything you'd like to give to the community let me know and I'll see about getting it incorporated.

Along with all of the new features I can confirm that Hockeykid and I are working on solving a couple of Dark AI issues which hopefully will see its way into the mod soon.

My time is fairly limited what with the real world and stuff so hopefully this will speed up the whole WASP mod development. What I'd like to know is what promised features of WASP mod (including the old Apple Juice/Wizmod features) people would like to see concentrated on first so I can prioritise my time and give you folks what you want.
ace93
Years of Service
User Offline
allies..good working ones like x10
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 16:37
Swell!!
I cant wait!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2009 18:21 Edited at: 17th Oct 2009 19:12
nvm

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "allies..good working ones like x10 "

I only need to know about the features listed on the first page of this thread, although once we get Dark AI working the mod should have Allies.
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 02:43
i would like to see wizmod, TOD and camera death tilt first

and also, its not on the list, but i would love new multiplayer features (id be happy with just lemur)

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i would like to see wizmod, TOD and camera death tilt first"

Wizmod is really a number of features and will be transferred as and when.. I was really after a list of which features people would like first.

I'll look at TOD and camera death first though..
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2009 04:43
Great news, even better news that WizMod is getting imported.

WizMod Developer.
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2009 22:33
This might be the best free mod right now!

I want a new computer!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 02:11
FPSC rocks, I just got some action taken against a certain member (or two?) for not changing their location.
I like you and I dont want to have to report you.
But if I see one more post of yours with that I will report.

I am not being mean, I actually kind of like you.

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 06:28
Great news to hear you're merging with Fenix. That'll absolutely make an incredible mod. I vote you do camera death first lol.

Quote: "FPSC rocks, I just got some action taken against a certain member (or two?) for not changing their location."

You know it was funny lol.

Signature's are stupid.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 08:15
Quote: "I am not being mean"

No, you're just being a big girl.

Scene, I'd like the water added firstly.

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Scene, I'd like the water added firstly."

I am working hard on the water, but the original Wizmod water, although very good is rather system hungry and I'm most likely to be attempting a re-write of the code for less powerful machines (or at least a series of commands to improve performance.).

I know that Hockeykid is busy with the AI at the moment, but hopefully we'll start to see some of the features making there way across soon.
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2009 21:10
This looks great! This is probably going to turn out to be the best free mod available. I will definitely download this... after I get one question answered: I'm guessing most or even none of Airmod has been integrated yet? But anyways, this is so awesome, I can't wait till it's finished.

I've seen it all. Except for myself ever not failing at something.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 01:22
Fenix Mod has already got Airmod

dark peanut

Check out my Ultimate Competition Entry here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153854&b=25 Ultimatum: The Final Deadline

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 05:21 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 05:47
Quote: "No, you're just being a big girl."

Expect an email in the next day or two.

{edit} NVM, dont need to email idiots who dont mind people saying that their in their poop

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 05:42 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 05:57
General Jackson would you please stop pulling these threads off topic simply to monitor details of people's posts that bother you. You can take care of it privately without the big fuss...if thats really what you want to spend your time doing

I believe Scene Commander was asking about what features should be worked on first.

Sorry Commander,
Those variable and body amour commands look quite tasty. I'm not so much looking for you to accomplish graphical improvements or AI but some scripting oriented codez would be appreciated here(also they're much more acheivable and easier to do than water, etc.)

Also as a side note, scripting commands to allow the developer modify the player's attributes, i.e. "super powers" if you will, would be something you could look into if you had time. Great work! Keep it up!!

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 07:03
Quote: "Those variable and body amour commands look quite tasty. I'm not so much looking for you to accomplish graphical improvements or AI but some scripting oriented codez would be appreciated here(also they're much more acheivable and easier to do than water, etc.)"

I completely agree. Graphical improvements would be very nice and all but I don't find them to be quite the most important. I still think camera death should be looked at first. Dying in FPSC is just flat out dumb and makes no sense.

I feel like a newb, but what is TOD? I'd never heard that before and I'm assuming I'm just over-thinking it lol.

I always think MP could have a little update as well. I doubt you will work with MP but it certainly could use some fixing. It's not the most important and certainly shouldn't updated before other improvements. But it's always a thought.

I also have a question about the merge. When you merge with Fenix Mod will there be no WASP mod anymore? I really don't know why I can't word that to make sense so I'll try and explain it lol. What I mean is... When you merge with Fenix, will the latest WASP have it's own download that isn't a part of Fenix? Does that makes sense? I keep re-reading it and it just sounds weird lol.
Anyways, I'm wondering about that because I've had some weird problems with Fenix. And they're problems only my computer has. Though maybe when you merge I won't have said problems anymore.

Quote: " NVM, dont need to email idiots who dont mind people saying that their in their poop"

You're going to call us idiots because we put the word "poop" in our location? I only did it because it's absolutely hilarious that poop offends you. I almost feel sorry for you. Almost. And you are being a big girl. Go ahead and email a mod, see if I care. Oh no I'll be banned because some guy is calling me an idiot because he gets offended by the word poop! Whatever will I do?
Sometimes I wonder why I even say things, people don't listen. Oh well, it's still funny that you are offended by the word poop.

Signature's are stupid.
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 08:03
Quote: "I feel like a newb, but what is TOD? I'd never heard that before and I'm assuming I'm just over-thinking it lol."

TOD stands for time of day, it means dynamic moving sun/day night cycle

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 08:06
Quote: "TOD stands for time of day, it means dynamic moving sun/day night cycle"

Yeah figured I was over-thinking it lol. Thanks Dolphin Lover.

Signature's are stupid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 12:28:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 12:28:54