Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / WASP Mod - FREE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 13:23
Quote: "{edit} NVM, dont need to email idiots who dont mind people saying that their in their poop"

Wtf? I'm an idiot because I don't care if people say poop?

Wow, you REALLY are a big girly.

Now I'm going to get noobslapped again because you'll once again have a sook.

Harden up princess.

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 18:37 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 18:38
Can we please try to keep this thread on topic!

Quote: "Those variable and body armour commands look quite tasty"

I believe Hockeykid has his some ideas for a variable system, so I'll get back to you on that.

The body armour is pretty straight forward and although I haven't sent it to Hockeykid yet, it's on my list.

Quote: "When you merge with Fenix Mod will there be no WASP mod anymore?"

WASP mod won't be dead as such as I want to start from scratch with the V1.16 Source, however my time is very limited at the moment and the main reason for the merge is to free some of my time for my numerous other projects as well as freelance work. (bills have to be paid I have a work in progress scripting language more along the lines of BASIC which works alongside the FPSC scripting language which I'd like to develop. I felt that Fenix mod and WASP mod where in many ways heading in the same direction (in fact, I haven't sent Hockeykid a number of commands from either the Wizmod code or the WASP mod code as with the inclusion of RPG mod, many of them are already covered.) So a rather long answer to a short question. No WASP mod won't die.

Quote: "Anyways, I'm wondering about that because I've had some weird problems with Fenix."

What sort of problems? I might be able to help.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:06
Quote: "What sort of problems? I might be able to help."

Things like when I jump I'll jump 1898291321743039824 feet in the air. Some entities will come out white sometimes but with other mods or original version they're how they should be.
There were a few others but none of the problems I had were reported by others so I assumed it was just my awful computer.
The weird thing is, these things would only happen like every other time I test. Sometimes it would be pefect.

Signature's are stupid.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Some entities will come out white sometimes "

This will be if the texture path is incorrect or the texture is missing.. To be fair, I've had this with vanilla FPSC. Check you texture path first.

Can't help with the jumping at the moment..
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 20:50 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 20:51
Quote: "This will be if the texture path is incorrect or the texture is missing.. To be fair, I've had this with vanilla FPSC. Check you texture path first."

Nope, I figured that's what the problem was originally but it wasn't. It was happening on stock models too. That was the first assumption I made but all the texture paths were fine. If it was the texture paths they would be white in other MODs as well. And that problem only happens every other test lol.

My computer is an old old antique and it doesn't like FPSC very much.

Signature's are stupid.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Nope"

Hmmm... I'll have another think.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 21:26
I honestly think you shouldn't worry about it. I have so many problems with FPSC such as building games. No matter what version V1 through V1.16 I can't build games. It doesn't even matter what mod I have. Whenever I build a game the sky comes out all crazy and everything repeats itself. It's weird to explain but I assure it's just my computer. It can't handle the simplest of things.

Signature's are stupid.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 22:41
@Jenkins: I ecountered the same problem as you a while ago. It turned out that the problem was caused by no skybox being loaded. Simply reapply the default skybox in the global script menu, that should sort it out.

CoZ

-Demon Sun: Lead Developer-
Dead Man's Cradle: Lead Developer
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 23:09 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2009 23:42
I could've sworn I've tried that. I know I've tried using other skyboxes and still having the same problem. I'll try it right now. I'll edit this post and see if it fixed it.

[edit] OH.... MY... GAWD.... Thank you CoZ. I could've sworn I had tried that but I guess I didn't Thank you so much dude!!! Now I can enter the X-Mas competition lol!!! WOOT! haha

Signature's are stupid.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 23:39
Kerrby: All i can do is laugh. I personally have a sense of dignity.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Kerrby: All i can do is laugh. I personally have a sense of dignity."

This is the WASP mod thread General Jackson, can we please keep posts on it about the mod. Thanks.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Oct 2009 23:49
No problem

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2009 01:17
What's going on SC? Any updates? I found this thread way back on page 4.

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Sorry..

I've been busy and the plan had been to merge with Fenix mod, however Hokeykid is very busy and so it's the merger has been suspended...

My plans for WASP have been delayed until the release of the V116 source.. After that I have some major plans.. Sorry for the delay and lack of info..
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets bump this please.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry. I've been very busy. I don't intend this to be a dead project but I've been having issues with the source, basically, for some reason it's crashing with an unknown error when running in FPSC, even with the standard unaltered source. This isn't a new issue but I solved it before and don't know how and now it's back. If anyone has any suggestions or has had a similar issue I'd be grateful of any advice.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2009 15:30
What's the error you're getting?

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "What's the error you're getting"

Generic, this application has to close...
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 15:18
Maybe something is wrong with some of the code of your mod.

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2009 23:04
Massive bump

Steam: mogbog123
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Maybe something is wrong with some of the code of your mod"

Actually I'm getting the problem even with the unaltered source. I have to be honest I haven't looked at this for a couple of weeks. This error has been taking up too much of my time and I have other work to finish.

I should be getting back to it, but not for a few weeks.. Sorry for those who are looking forward to progress but my time is very limited at the moment.
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2009 16:40
Obvious question is obvious but did you re-install FPSC?

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Obvious question is obvious but did you re-install FPSC"

About 6 times... And DBP... It's a bit of a mystery to me at the moment and Lee hasn't been able to find the problem either..
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2009 06:30
Do you have a separate computer, if so then try and install it there and make sure it isn't a problem with the installer,

WizMod Developer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Do you have a separate computer, if so then try and install it there and make sure it isn't a problem with the installer"

I don't have another machine unfortunately. To be honest I really don't understand the problem, everything else works, all of my DBP programs work it's just the FPSC source that simply crashes during the test game. FPSC works fine, and all other mods work fine and as you'll know WASP mod was working, then one day it wasn't and then I couldn't get any version of the source that I compiled to work! It's been very frustrating. I think it's got something to do with the DBP install but I can't find a problem. Incidently, I needed to re-format my hard drive not so long ago and reinstalled everything and the source compiled once ok and then the second time it wouldn't work!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Its your .dbpro template, you need to set it up right or upon loading fpsc will crash (just use the one that comes with the default source code also when you open your source open it by clicking on the .dbpro NOT THE .DBA!!)

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Its your .dbpro template, you need to set it up right or upon loading fpsc will crash (just use the one that comes with the default source code also when you open your source open it by clicking on the .dbpro NOT THE .DBA!!)"

I'm pretty certain I've already tried that, but thanks, I will check it out, I could have made a stupid error.. (It wouldn't surprise me).
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 17:40
BUMP.

Any updates?

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:32
Hey Scene Commander I need Talk with you about the LOD system of you, Maybe You can Work With me on my modification. If you want I can add your source code and others

Intel Core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz (Wolf-Dale) edition. Geforce 9800GTX+ Plus Edition OC. 4Gb of memory ram. 500HDD
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Any updates?"

With Fenix mod coming along so well, WASP mod is taking a bit of a rest. I don't have as much time as I'd like and it seems a bit of a waste of my time when Fenix mod has evolved to include many of the WASP mod features. It is most likely now that almost all of the features from WASP mod will simply make there way over to the Modders Resource Database.

Quote: "Hey Scene Commander I need Talk with you about the LOD system of you, Maybe You can Work With me on my modification. If you want I can add your source code and others"

Providing your mod remains free you're welcome to include any of the code from the Modders Resource Database.

By all means contact me about other features, I don't mind helping with your mod but wouldn't want to be involved heavily in development as I simply don't have the time.
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 19:48
Canceled? I hope not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 19:07:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 19:07:11