Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Henry Hams models 2010

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2010 16:28
oooh i like it.

Maybe you could make a green version too as most power boxes i see are green

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 06:35
Did you paint a tie-fighter on it? Awesome!

"...space is where I'll fight and where I'll die."
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 18:47
lol where Josh?

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 21:10
i can see it xD

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2010 21:19
oh wow lol xD
i see it now.

Unintentional masterpieces lol.

teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 04:14
Looks sweet. Will you be animating that one?

Check out my new model pack:
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2010 18:40
...Still not seeing the Tie-fighter...

7045 Forum Messages
65 Forum Threads
It's been a good three years.
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 20:31
hi guys heres the latest model im working on

wireframes

only just started the texture so its very basic right now but this should give you an idea of what im after

c&c welcome

cheers henry

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 20:43
the texture makes the illusion of a bigger chest from straight in front, but from the side she is totally flat. I would suggest extruding it just a bit or change the texture.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 20:48
i would widen the bewbs a bit, from the texture they look like they're supposed to be a bit bigger.

Texture looks cool so far!

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2010 21:19 Edited at: 19th Oct 2010 21:20
you're out of proportion and scale in a few areas, the legs and hips are too wide and long in relation to the body, her forehead sticks out a bit too far and her hair could fall a little bit more naturally on her head, other than that its look good, a recomendation for the arms and hands, its too difficult to describe, trust me i tried , but it basically involves using the fingers and thumb to generate loops, allowing you to take a medium - high poly hand to a 8 sided cylinder, this picture may be more use than the description

sorry if it seems like im invading your thread, just thought i'd try to help

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 19:48
thanks for the comments guys ,i will try & sort the issues you have pointed out as i go on with this but for now heres a small texture update.

cheers henry

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2010 23:14
Move her under arms up closer to the upper shoulder. That might make the arms look better.

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2010 04:57 Edited at: 21st Oct 2010 05:01
wow excellent work all the way around! Im perticularly fond of your prop work! Those textures are amazing! What do you use for image manipulation?

*edit*
Looking good on the female model one thing (Im sure maybe youve noticed this as well) she doesnt have any armpits... One thig i like to do is go into sculpt mode and grab under the pit and kind of tuck it under there for a quick fix, then later edit the mesh to smooth things out a bit. Im sure you have your own method as it seems you have a fair amount of skill, just throwing that out there just in case...

Age of Reliks WIP...
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
While I applaud your restraint, if she’s going to have that much cleavage you should probably fill out her boobs a bit. Especially on the sides. It’s kind of painful to look at.

I love your work, BTW.

- Jane

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 01:25
thanks guys

heres an update,basic texture done & i have her rigged & ingame now.

cheers henry

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2010 04:28
The blue hands are coming!

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2010 10:29
Quote: "The blue hands are coming!"

was noticing the likeness myself specially in the side profile

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2010 14:50 Edited at: 24th Oct 2010 14:51
Lol, or she's looking for Sarah Connor.

Gencheff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2010 17:50
Henry may I make a suggestion on adjusting the contrasts between her chest and skin color.Looks like she has a sun burn .

Very nice model though.

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2010 17:45
realy nice model

but the eyes kind of remind me about the braindead horse in faily guy

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but the eyes kind of remind me about the braindead horse in faily guy"

Can see the resemblance...lol
But my only crits would be the arms mainly. They kind of join the torso weirdly, as it just looks morphed on... Let's just look at our good friend Leo Da Vinci's proportion drawings...

I took liberty of marking down from what I can see your model in blue the drawing in red, but I think you got it right, just that you need to move up the armpit area higher and perhaps make the angle where it joins more steeper. But so far nice work, just I think some proportions are off.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2010 18:41
my latest model a 3d head

reference i used

final model

final model textured

cheers henry

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Very impressive. You got the slack jaw perfect

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2010 00:42 Edited at: 7th Nov 2010 00:42
[] That is awesome [/]

SJHooks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2010 17:30
Flawless job

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2010 23:53
thanks guys .ive made a start on the body,still not happy with it yet so i need to work on it some more before i start on the unwrap.

let me know your c&c

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 19:27
dumped the shirt collar & got him textured. let me know what you think ?

cheers henry

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 19:40
Looks great HH!
Only thing I see is (it's kind of hard to tell because of the distance), but it looks like the shoe is kind of just textured and flows with the leg.
Not sure though.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 20:52
not sure what you mean mate ,so heres a close up of the feet.

cheers henry

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Soooo good. Is it hand painted?

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 23:59
Quote: "Soooo good. Is it hand painted?"

no mate its made from photo reference

cheers henry

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 00:35
Ok I can see it now.
Here's what it kind of looked like from a distance (uber quick example)

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 16:30 Edited at: 27th Nov 2010 16:31
your proportions are much better this time around, good job on the torso, i would quite like to see a close-up wireframe of the hands, and you may want to watch your ears, they stick out just a bit and are rather shapeless, just adding a dip into the era would help and finally for your eyes, the frontal shape is there but from the side they appear very flat, i'd advice modelling them to wrap around the front of a sphere, that would create a more anatomically accurate look, other than those points it is a very impressive model, and your texturing skills are amazing, good job

EDIT
i have also just noticde, taking a look at your refererence his jaw appears a bit too flat, based on the person you're modelling it off, it should be just a bit more angular

PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2010 01:24 Edited at: 9th Dec 2010 02:17
Hey I know that weve since moved on but i wanted to give you some tips on animation or to anyone whos interested. Your knife slash animation was good but here are some things that can make it better. (I know you had a list of people afterword tell you it needed to be faster... but let me elaborate.) The way his arm is moving makes look more like hes buttering some toast or making a sandwich. When living things move the muscles... (im not sure how to describe this exactly.) unload and load if you will and actions kind of do the same thing. To create a nice looking strike what I like to do is actually use most the frames for the animation to load up. What i mean by this is in the case of say a snake ready to strike or a boxer going for a heavy punch, the time when the snake is rearing its head back or the boxer is winding up. Naturally creatures do this so that when the strike hits the fist or the knife or whatever is moving at its peak excel. So in your case the actual unload of the movement would only be a half second or less. Another thing is the way the limbs extend when someone strikes: A snake for example (kind of) strikes like a whip. The base of the limb is the first part to unload then the rest. In the case of an arm striking, which is more what your interested in the following can still be true. The shoulder is the first part to move and the rest of the arm folds out extending in sequence after it. A way to see this work in a crude from would be to make a fist and then slowly extend your index finger. As you watch you finger youll see that the base is the first part to uncurl then the mid joint then the tip. The tip in the sequence will have the fastest velocity of any of the moving parts even concidering how little the bas moves. The one difference that cant bee seen there though is the follow though. Because of the limitations of your finger it is hard to follow through with a strike. When an animal or a boxer or warrior or whatever strikes the fist claws head whatever dont stop at impact... a pro boxer isnt going to try and put the breaks on a punch just because his fist has reached its destination.(somones face... LOL.) hes going to keep the forward momentum as long as the object hes striking will allow or unless hes fully extended. I know i only scratched the surface on movement but i thought this would help out, im deffinately not an expert and there is much more to learn. The one great helper when animating is reference. if you have a video to look at of a person striking or animal running or whatever your trying to animate it will help alot. what i do is loop the video on a player and while im animating i can go back to it and see how much each part is working and how it is timed, then from there you can fine tune even more or even exagerate movement if you like to give an effect: I like to give a little pause after an impact in the animation movement to kind of give the feel of force, rather then a swift recoil afterwords that kind of makes the strike feel like you gave your opponenent a peck on the cheek.

Anyway sorry it never fails... I get going on something and i cant stop... Anyway great models and good attempt on the anmiation henry hopefully some of this helps.

EDIT

Yes i had to add to it.... sorry for the poor diagram, i did it at work in paint. (The evilest image manip program ever.) I spent a total of like 3 min on it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-26 12:02:11
Your offset time is: 2024-06-26 12:02:11