Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The first ever original x10 mod from daniel wright and budokaiman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 20:01
Quote: "but now that source code has come out for x10 we can do anything that x9 can do except better I belive."

Hopefully we'll be seeing some major mods which will bring X10 back up to and beyond the level of X9 mods.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 23:19
I am getting major lag problems in the editor, I have no idea why. I have uninstaled FPSC and re-installed it. It's not the mod, but I have no idea what it is. It just lags in the editor. I even tried going back to version 1.10 beta 5. In a game I am totally fine. I know others have had this problem, anyone know a fix? I checked my graphics cards drivers. My OS is up to date. No programs running in the background. I am clueless.

"I haz no sig :o"
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 23:54
Which OS are you using?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 02:08 Edited at: 28th Mar 2010 03:53
I am using windows 7 64bit, but I have been using this OS since I had gotten FPSC x10. I suppose I will just wipe.

**Edit**

Wiped my computer. Works completely fine, just have to add all my media again

Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
Things to add to the mod that would be cool! Add Multiplayer support for bots! also add some stuff like dynamic entities and lights in multiplayer also, plus availablity of the grenades and stuff also for multiplayer, exact as single player! would be pretty cool. doesn't make any sense i know! but well try making a feature where you could have weather control or something? like someone mentioned, oh and something very cool to be added is like rotating the grid in editor mode from different view points, or all four sides!!! (: but downloaded this and going to try it out, add a litez feature built in the mod??? possible??? so they could be coming from entities instead of buying a another mod like program..
Fpsc Remaking Halo
Years of Service
User Offline
add vechicle support for both multiplayer and single player modes. sorry for double post.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 04:53 Edited at: 28th Mar 2010 18:48
Quote: "What version of fpscx10 do you need for the mod to work, at the moment i am using v110, but my map size has doubled but i can only build in the middle of the map thanks nathan "

You do have a bigger map to play with either way now, you cant just yet paint to the outer part of the map yet becouse Im in the middle of doing other stuff but i will get to this soon. I still have to change some small perimerters so you can acsess the whole map to draw to. dont give up on it, it will all soon be ready.

Quote: "I am getting major lag problems in the editor, I have no idea why. I have uninstaled FPSC and re-installed it. It's not the mod, but I have no idea what it is. It just lags in the editor. I even tried going back to version 1.10 beta 5. In a game I am totally fine. I know others have had this problem, anyone know a fix? I checked my graphics cards drivers. My OS is up to date. No programs running in the background. I am clueless."

I have the same lag to, I also use window 7 to, I do belive it is windows 7. when I was runing vista I never had this problem. I have email lee to look into this for me and he has responded but not with an answer. im shure he will soon.

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 06:14
Congrats on this mod, I running windows 7 pro 64 bit and this mod rock, I had a average size level I made over a year ago and tested it with this mod and the lowest frame rate i got was 298 fps and the highest was 427 fps! well I guess i don't have to say that everything ran smooth lol. but in my rig I'm running a Phenom II X 4 955 cpu and 8 gigs PC 1600 DDR3, and a Geforce 260 GTX 216 core 896 ram.
jmtmew
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 16:36
*fireworks* Yay ! We get mods for x10 now, I was very disappointed that there was no mods for X10 and I wished I bought X9. Because of the better capabilities of X10, we might see some mods that will bring X10 beyond X9 ! Thanks for doing this and well done ! Now, all we need is a mod that is equal to Project Blue... Maybe call this one
Project Blood Red ? Or just Project Red ? Thanks again for this valuable contribution to the community !

WIP:The Lines of War (WW2 FPS Game)
Stolen Planet (Sci-fi FPS Game)
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 18:30
@Chupa cabra

thanks for the report, more to come

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 21:49
Ahh! I didnt even know it was out! Im falling behind already!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 22:10
Quote: "Things to add to the mod that would be cool! Add Multiplayer support for bots! also add some stuff like dynamic entities and lights in multiplayer also, plus availablity of the grenades and stuff also for multiplayer, exact as single player! would be pretty cool. doesn't make any sense i know! but well try making a feature where you could have weather control or something? like someone mentioned, oh and something very cool to be added is like rotating the grid in editor mode from different view points, or all four sides!!! (: but downloaded this and going to try it out, add a litez feature built in the mod??? possible??? so they could be coming from entities instead of buying a another mod like program.."

Whoa! hold on there, half of that stuff has not even been done in x9 yet and they have had mod support since the beginning. I doubt we will see any of that stuff for awhile, also guys hold out on the requests for now. Budo and Daniel I am sure are very busy with this mod and the features they are already trying to implement. Give them time to add more features, and when they want people to ask what they would like, then we can bombard them with requests.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
or even make it so you can make a game and then have two choices like l4d if you want to play by yourself or coop![quote]Things to add to the mod that would be cool! Add Multiplayer support for bots!

Wat a signature?
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 28th Mar 2010 23:06
yes very busy with this, will post an update soon

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 01:13 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 01:27
Oi, I have some spare time. I can make a new logo if you like. Just thought the current one could use some enhancement, no offense to the creator.

EDIT: In case you're interested...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 3/25/10

Attachments

Login to view attachments
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 01:21
@Le Shorte:
Sure, I believe that the name that we will go with is "Mystic Mod". Thanks.

Also I have created a money and banking system, that includes interest rates. Expect an update with that within the next few days.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 01:29 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 01:29
Attached it to the original offer post. Tell me if something isn't right. I can redo anything. I saved the raw pdn file.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 02:27
Quote: "Oi, I have some spare time. I can make a new logo if you like. Just thought the current one could use some enhancement, no offense to the creator."

well that creator was me,lol, but the one you made there I cant even read the mod name, can you clean it up a bit.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 15:50 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 15:51
well i wish i could help you guys but sadly my scripting is naff! all i can say is looking at x9 mods they are all over the place, so its good you guys are keeping it all in one. and any other modders should all join forces that way life is simpler. mystic sounds good. so is the first one pay or free?, either way i dont mind but i only deal with paypal i never give card details. but anyway keep up the fantastic work. big respect.

in my eyes you guys will soon be valued members.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 16:16
Quote: " so is the first one pay or free?, "

I don't really know right now, I'll discuss it with Daniel, but if we do make it paid, it'll be after I get some large features completely working.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 22:44 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 22:49
Quote: "
well that creator was me,lol, but the one you made there I cant even read the mod name, can you clean it up a bit."

Sure, I'll get to that right now.

EDIT: This better?(attached)

Attachments

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 22:53 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 22:54
Quote: "EDIT: This better?(attached)"

How about if you remove the stuff around it, and just use the words. See attached. It's 120 x 600 so it works as a logo and a signature.

Attachments

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2010 23:27 Edited at: 29th Mar 2010 23:29
Yea, sure. I will do that
Edit: Wait, so you want the particles off the words? or all the background stuff gone?

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 00:56
Well The x10 is uncapped if you dont know, and I have 115 fps of default. Anyways, good work

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 01:21
well, yes it is uncapped with extra code to modify the cap, its not like i just uncaped it, but you get the idea.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 04:44
So daniel, budok, can you give us a teaser of some up coming features ?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 16:17 Edited at: 30th Mar 2010 16:20
Yep, later today or tomorrow Daniel should be updating with the following scripting commands:
conditions:
livesgreater
livesless
livesequal
moneyless
moneyequal
moneygreater
bankstarted
bankequal
bankless
bankgreater

actions:
setlives
addlives
subtractlives
setmoney
addmoney
subtractmoney
moneytimes
moneydivide
startbank
setcompound
setinterest
addtobank
depositetobank
subtractfrombank
withdrawfrombank
calculateinterest
textposition

and I fixed the existing “hudtext” command.
I have all of that working and tested out, the interest system works perfectly, if anyone has any questions on the commands, just ask. I'm pretty sure that those are all of the commands, but I don't have the list in front of me at the moment, so if there are any that I missed, I'll tell you. When Daniel updates the mod, I'll tell you and include a short guide to working the money and banking systems.

Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 18:39
Congrats on the mod! It is welcome and needed in the X10 community. Don't make it payed. Just keep it coming, and for all you out there, dont start other mods on top of this, the X10 needs ALL of the good programmers out there making the things the community needs and inputs! I think that is the right spirit of things.
My personal choices go for: Better Menus, Airmod, Horror Mod and some bits and pieces that everyone that has made half a game knows!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 18:49
Quote: "Horror Mod "

That will be quite difficult as we don't have the source.

@Everyone:
Before I start working on some other features, are there any scripting commands that you would like to see added.

Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 19:18
In my oppinion the game features with all mods incorporated are more than enough. Well the lighting is important as well some kind of particles or even fake particles system, like rain / snow/ sand/ cloud/ smoke.
The game menus are a piece that needs work, as well some in-game scene settings, the inventory is covered, so probably the possibility of position the camera behind the "player" and give it a animation for walk, shot, jump, straffe, run, etc. The so called 3rd person shooter view.
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 21:08
Quote: "are there any scripting commands that you would like to see added."

Hmm...how about and 'in view' command so the action occurs when the player sees the entity? I've got a few ideas for some scripts anyway:

Conditions:
-inview=0/1
-etimergreater=val (generic entity timer)
-entityspecificnear=ent,val (not sure if it will work, checks if an entity is near an entity)

Actions:
-hudfadein=val (Fade in the HUD)
-sethuddistort=val (set how much the HUD becomes distorted/shaken)
-hudbrightness=val (Set the brightness for a flicker or offline effect etc.)
-switchtexture=path (path to switch the texture)
-switchtextureanim=path (path to animated texture [.GIF probably])
-playdecal=path (run a decal form intended path)
-dynamicragdoll=val (trigger a moveable ragdoll for a set time since the orginal freezes the ragdoll)
-separatebones (loosen the bones in the object, causing it to be like string or elastic)

Some are probably not possible, but others are a pretty good add-on even if they are simple. Also, perhaps the Airmod gun add-ons and other stuff? THis mod is coming along well, haven't tried it yet since I'll try it when I see some features which are relevant to my design (not that there aren't any good ones right now they are epic lmao xD). Great work on this!

-SSG

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 22:32
Budok, I think you should talk to kill3r about integrating xara mod into mystic mod, this would be much easier on you and daniel. You would also have another great member on the x10 mod team. It would also save lot's of time!

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 22:55
These scripts don't work for me in x10 at the moment

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 22:59
Quote: "Budok, I think you should talk to kill3r about integrating xara mod"

The problem with that is, his mod uses evolved shaders, X9 shaders can't be used at all. I even wrote a quick program in the X10 DBP with just some shaders, when I was doing the underwater effect. I had the underwater effect working in DBP in less than 15 lines, but it won't work at all in X10, because of how it handles the shaders. I really don't think that his mod will really work in X10 because of that.

@Le Shorte:
Sorry, forgot about that. I'll do some quick tests for you.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2010 23:34
@Le Shorte:
I think I know why it doesn't work for you. If you are trying to transport the player to a win zone, make sure that you right click on the win zone, and change the name from "Win Zone" to "win". If you don't know what I mean, see attached.

Attachments

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 00:24
Quote: "make sure that you right click on the win zone, and change the name from "Win Zone" to "win""

I have done that, but I'll try again. Did those scripts work for you?

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 00:26
Quote: "The problem with that is, his mod uses evolved shaders, X9 shaders can't be used at all. I even wrote a quick program in the X10 DBP with just some shaders, when I was doing the underwater effect. I had the underwater effect working in DBP in less than 15 lines, but it won't work at all in X10, because of how it handles the shaders. I really don't think that his mod will really work in X10 because of that."

Hmm well he has offered to work his mod into x10. Maybe he can figure it out :o

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 00:35 Edited at: 31st Mar 2010 00:36
Quote: "I have done that, but I'll try again. Did those scripts work for you?"

Yeah, they worked perfectly.

@SikaSina Games:
Yeah, I'll get started on some of those.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
we need a script tha allows the player to swith levels but keep everything exactly the same such as health ammo the weapon he has out ect and be able to go backwords in the game if its required

Wat a signature?
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
how about a working flashlight sort of like in FEAR and Left 4 Dead. I dont know if it is possible or if it is how difficult it would be, but it would sure look cool.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 03:55
Quote: "Yeah, they worked perfectly.
"

Could you show me a screenie of your level? Maybe I didn't set it up right. Here's a screenie of what I usually set up to test it.

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 04:30
This sounds interesting, if you can get all of model pack 3 working (especially the light fittings) then I'll be very happy!

I'm going to pin this to hopefully spur you on to create an excellent mod for X10, good luck.

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 14:19
Danial & budokaiman
Makes sence to work together.
I want the finshed product yesterday.
I'll be paitent and see what you guys come up with.
I'm sure it will be good.

The impaitente one.
Stephen
Miguel Lobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 14:59
Just a small message to say: Go People Go!
The X10 runs so much smoother... I really think the final product with good models, nice lighting, nice sounds and strategy, shaders and so, its more appealing to everyone.

I know that there are a huge fan list of the x9, but hey... I own both and I really think x10 is the way. Releasing the source code is a great way to power up the interest in dev for this platform.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 16:46
Quote: "how about a working flashlight sort of like in FEAR and Left 4 Dead"

Either Daniel or I will look into that, probably Daniel as I have a pretty big feature that I plan on starting soon.

Quote: "I'm going to pin this to hopefully spur you on to create an excellent mod for X10, good luck. "

Thanks Nickydude, Don't worry, we're working on some good stuff.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 31st Mar 2010 19:48
hey we got stickeyed, nice, I have the new update ready, im just testing it and will update the first post soon.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
SWEET! we need some tutorials on how to script with x10 i would love to make mods but i ardly know and dbp coding the biggest thing i made was a cube that moved around

Wat a signature?
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2010 01:08
Since Daniel is about to update, I have also updated the FPI Editpad files, if you use FPI Editpad, just download the attached files and copy them to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Olive Tree Software\FPI EditPad
or where ever you have the executable. this will update the commands list in FPI Editpad, and include some help lines for the commands. If you have any other questions, just post.

Attachments

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks

Wat a signature?
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 1st Apr 2010 01:26
Quote: "SWEET! we need some tutorials on how to script with x10 i would love to make mods but i ardly know and dbp coding the biggest thing i made was a cube that moved around"

the scripts are easy and strait fowored but we will have some examples.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 08:59:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 08:59:05