Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [LOCKED] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2012 23:01
I don't have time, but I said I could provide the base code, kind of like a template.

TheComet

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 10:02
Very busy now but still "working" on game. Have anyone ideas about how DERPY could play TTT? She's a very complicated character and I want to add her charisma ino game.

«It's the Pony, pony me this, pony me that» — Bronies
«I sell apples and apple accessories» — Applejack
Derpy delivers: watch?v=g4Kgz4Us_RI
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 18:43

(First few seconds of dialogue.)
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2012 23:06 Edited at: 4th Jun 2012 23:07
Soooo, what do you guys think of this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69014538/awesomesauce2.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69014538/Foto0286_edit.jpg

I know there's a typo in it, but it was cheaper than the others because of that My bag is ponies. Felt a little awkward to go outside with that for the first time today, haha. But I'll keep it like that and try not to think about what strangers might think (I tend to do that a lot >.> )

Oh and I drew this on saturday...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/69014538/Foto0266_edit.jpg
http://meetup.bestpony.de/index.php/Krefeld-02-06-12/Nightmare-Moon/P6020035
^.^

and some pics from what the others drew with the sidewalk chalk:
http://meetup.bestpony.de/index.php/Krefeld-02-06-12/Sundance/Kreideaktion-Lyra-4
http://meetup.bestpony.de/index.php/Krefeld-02-06-12/Sundance/Kreideaktion-RD-4
http://meetup.bestpony.de/index.php/Krefeld-02-06-12/Sundance/Kreideaktion-Derpy-4

Yup, that meetup was pretty cool! You can look through that gallery there (it should be on EQD soon I think), we were 25 people, played pool billiards and made the aforementioned "street art"
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys! I'm still watching all of you... but my account issues are still not resolved. Hopefully I'll be able to fill this thread with nonsense soon, but for now, it's nice to know none of you have mentioned me

swis
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 00:17
Quote: " but for now, it's nice to know none of you have mentioned me "

We assumed you were dead

The result of origin.. Oh and ponies
Happy Cheesecake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 02:24
Quote: "We assumed you were dead "

The smiley made me laugh more than it should have.

Anyway, I did wonder where you'd gone, Swiss! Just earlier this morning, I checked a few pages back to see when the last time you and CoffeGrunt had last posted. Honest!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 12:01 Edited at: 5th Jun 2012 12:04
This has already been mentioned in EQ daily, but I came across it again and had to laugh. This picture has this strange property of getting weirder and weirder the more you look at it. Seriously, look at it for a minute.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=2359834

TheComet

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 17:27 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:29
[deleted]
RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2012 23:55 Edited at: 5th Jun 2012 23:57
http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/

HOLY CELESTIA THEY RELEASED BALLOON PARTY

ahem... excuse my canterlock... but... holy crap

I'ma listen to this stuff through bandcamp now and think of a neat amount of money I can donate to those guys
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 16:44
RedFlames will probably get this...

EIN SEEPONY!!

TheComet

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 17:00 Edited at: 6th Jun 2012 17:00
Quote: "EIN SEEPONY!!"

Ich werde toten die seepony! Es ist wie eine Dratini, aber mit Pinky Pie. Meine Kleine Pokemon?

Ich kann spreche sie Deutsche, aber nicht erwahne den Krieg, weil es ein Pony Diskussion.

Verzeihen mich, Mein Deustche ist nicht gut, aber ich liebe Deutschland, aber ich hasse Frankreich. Sagen Sie nicht Benjamin.

Es tut mir leid Herr Komet und Rot Flammen, ach und Benjamin und die Französisch!

Translation: I can't say anything sensible in German.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 17:02
Is Benjamin Frenchy?

Anyway, your German will get there, eventually.

TheComet

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 17:25
He lives in France, but I believe he's actually English.

I'll be in Germany in 2 months (yet again, 3rd time going there fore a music festival, I used to live in Germany when I was a toddler - we lived in Monchengladback), so I hope so! Best I've managed over there is to talk to people in pidgin English/German. It's pretty entertaining. Last time I was there a random guy in Hamburg just randomly started talking to me as I probably had "foreigner" stamped all over me. He could barely speak English and my German wasn't that great, but it was fun finding some middle ground we both understood to be able to hold a conversation.

I've only got a German GCSE to my name, so I should really crack open a language book and start learning the language properly. I finished my GCSEs years ago.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 17:28
Oh awesome, where in Germany? Perhaps we could meet up at that festival? Then you'd at least have an idiot who could translate everything for you. I live at the very top of Switzerland, literally 20 minutes away from Germany.

TheComet

mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 17:34
Quote: "I live at the very top of Switzerland, literally 20 minutes away from Germany."

No you don't:
Quote: "I`m under ur bridge eating ur PONIES "

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 17:51
Quote: "Oh awesome, where in Germany? Perhaps we could meet up at that festival? Then you'd at least have an idiot who could translate everything for you. I live at the very top of Switzerland, literally 20 minutes away from Germany."

It's the Wacken Open Air festival. It's inbetween the Danish border and Hamburg (a short bus journey from Itzehoe)

So it's quite a long way from Switzerland. It's probably about the same distance as it is from where I live in the UK and Switzerland.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 19:06
Aww I just read "Mönchengladbach" and thought "What the hell, that's about 20km from here!" But Wacken is pretty far away for me too... :/
On the other hand... at the Brony meetup this weekend there were 2 guys who had come all the way from Hamburg too

Quote: "aber nicht erwahne den Krieg"

Is that a reference to the "Don't mention the war" video someone around here posted a while ago? Wasn't that you as well?
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2012 19:34
Quote: "Is that a reference to the "Don't mention the war" video someone around here posted a while ago? Wasn't that you as well?"

I know I have mentioned the war before, it might have even been in this thread. I think when it comes to Germany we English are kinda obsessed by the war, so I tend to joke about not mentioning the war. Seriously when it comes to playing Germany at football there's always a reference to the war. The last time England lost to Germany the Daily Mail went on a rampage about how if our men fought like that in the war we'd all be speaking German. Like the war has anything to do with football.

Quote: "Aww I just read "Mönchengladbach" and thought "What the hell, that's about 20km from here!" "

Awesome. My dad used to be in the airforce, so he was stationed there, but we had to move back to England sadly (and we didn't want to). I know I was only a toddler but we loved it there - I do remember this awesome water park we used to go to, I don't know if I'd think it's awesome now, but I loved it when I was 4!

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 01:10 Edited at: 7th Jun 2012 01:12
Wait, what is this? WHAT IS THIS?! OOoOOHHHH, is that a placeholder pony? That does look like a placeholder pony! Could it really be that I, TheComet, am working on an MLP game? Are the prophecies finally coming true?

TheComet

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 01:17 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:29
[deleted]
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 02:12 Edited at: 7th Jun 2012 05:31
@Quik - I'm always a heart beat away
@^that - I like your ... mane?

Anyways, sorry I post blocked your festivaly meetup RF. We only seem to respond to 33% of posts... anyways you in any of those pictures? I'd never have the bravery to go to one of those!

@comet - whenever I'm fully back on top of this forum deal I might be able to chip in... but I still even have big OOS ideas. You never know...

swis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 02:12
What kinda MLP game ? No idea yet just testing out animations and what not ?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 560 OC 1024MB, 8192MB RAM, Nforce 780i, Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Cormorant5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 02:21
Hey guys. Sorry bout my lack of posting, but my last 2 weeks of school are very busy. But next week is my last week, so after that I'll be posting whenever I'm bored, which is a lot.

So yeah, just keep holding on for a bit before things get cool again.

RedFlames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 02:59 Edited at: 7th Jun 2012 03:00
Quote: "Anyways, sorry I post blocked your festivaly meetup RF. We only seem to respond to 33% of posts... anyways you in any of those pictures? I'd never have the bravery to go to one of those!"

No problem
I'm the guy in the red shirt! Also we're on EqD in the Nightly Roundup!
[check out the embedded video there, and go to the google doc writeup. Third video link from the bottom (I think). When that was filmed I was writing my name below the scootaloo streetart thingy (which I might add looks kinda crappy Sorry, I'm an artist, saying stuff like that must be some kind of disorder)... In the video you can actually see that someone else had drawn a "ಠ_ಠ" face on the floor there and I was only able to write "by RedFlam" xD So I'm asking him wether I can remove that face. Hence you can hear me calling "Vaka" which is the nickname of said person. I feel silly for trying to explain what is happening in that video. But it's kinda awkward to see myself in that video. Haha. And that's not even because of the ponies ]

And while I'm at it, take this. Or don't.
~RedFlames
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 08:05
@ 4125 - An RTS / RPG hybrid, gloomy atmosphere. I am currently just testing level loading and animations though.

TheComet

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2012 09:40
"Gloomy atmosphere" you say ? Does Discord have anything to do with it ?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650, Nvidia Gefocre GTX 560 OC 1024MB, 8192MB RAM, Nforce 780i, Windows 7 Home Premium x64
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
mr Handy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 09:50

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 23:18 Edited at: 8th Jun 2012 23:18
Implementing Astar pathfinding. I'm not sure how efficient it will be though. I was thinking about using a navigation mesh pathfinder, but those are extremely complicated and no one has ever written one in DBP so...

TheComet

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 18:19 Edited at: 9th Jun 2012 18:20
Here's the unit selection system. You can drag boxes, or click on the units to select them. Clicking somewhere else on the screen deselects. Friendly units are green, neutral units are yellow, hostile units are red.

Pathfinding is not yet implemented, I had some trouble getting the grid alignment correct. It turns out that the error was created by some wrong limb offsets, so everything is fixed now.

I'm not being racist!

TheComet

Attachments

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 23:12 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:30
[deleted]
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 23:45
@ Zach

Of course I'll say thanks. Here it goes : Thanks.

I really need to come up with a cool name for the game before I announce it officially. Any ideas anyone?

TheComet

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2012 23:59 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:30
[deleted]
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 00:37
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 01:17
Starcraft dont have RPG.. but that could have been a reference to warcraft too..

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 01:52 Edited at: 10th Jun 2012 14:36
So that's the name I should go for you reckon? It would be easy to remember, that's for sure!

Anyway, update! I'm tweaking the pathfinding system. There are a few optimisations to do regarding the unit finding the quickest path. I am however pretty happy with it already, it just has a problem with the last 3 waypoints not being merged into 2 when they're in sight. The calculated path is represented by red dots and orange lines in this screen shot:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=2362038

TheComet

Attachments

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 08:03 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:30
[deleted]
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 09:26
... The original warcraft games were just named Warcraft, Zach, no need for world of..

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 12:58 Edited at: 10th Jun 2012 14:35
Alright, PonyCraft it is then.

Pathfinding now works with multiple units and with optimisation.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=2362150

TheComet

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 14:34 Edited at: 10th Jun 2012 14:36
Paths can now be chained together by holding shift and clicking. I've edited all of my posts with page stretching images to use links, which includes this image : http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=2362166

TheComet

Attachments

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 00:31
Thought I'd start posting update videos.

TheComet

Fallout3fan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 00:41 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2018 02:31
[deleted]
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 03:41 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 03:42
Account issues resolved (Thanks for the 4th time Paul!) Comet, I must say I love the "herding effect" that results in group movement over long distances. The detail in the animation is top notch as well! (which surprised me for temp placeholders... I laughed at the stubborn one at the end though XD)
Oh and one last Comet bit in order to not clog other threads...

(from the outer body thread)
Quote: "I am only 18 years old, so I think any major illness can be ruled out for the time being."

Not that I'm saying you have some major illness by saying so, but just because you're young doesn't make you unstoppable. From personal experience, in some ways you can be more vulnerable to potential issues. You may not have exactly meant it that way, but really, watch out.

Also, does anyone know why I have 2000 TGC points? May 9th?

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention - couldn't "PonyCraft" conflict with the Minecraft mods and adaptions?

swis
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 07:10 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 07:22
Yay, it's on EQ Daily!

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/06/ponycraft-tech-demo.html#idc-container

@ Zach -

@ Swissolo

Glad you got your account all sorted out.

Quote: "Comet, I must say I love the "herding effect" that results in group movement over long distances. The detail in the animation is top notch as well! (which surprised me for temp placeholders... I laughed at the stubborn one at the end though XD)"

Hah, thank you! The animation did take a while now that I think about it.

Quote: "Not that I'm saying you have some major illness by saying so, but just because you're young doesn't make you unstoppable. From personal experience, in some ways you can be more vulnerable to potential issues. You may not have exactly meant it that way, but really, watch out."

Point taken, there is no way of claiming you're safe no matter how young you are. There have been loads of cases where people have died young. There's nothing to worry about though, I'm still perfectly healthy. Thanks for your concern.

TheComet

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 14:28
Hey Comet, if you get to the stage where you want ideas for a campaign story, etc, I'd be glad to help.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 14:49 Edited at: 11th Jun 2012 15:16
@ CoffeeGrunt

That would be epic if you could help out there, because the story stage is the one I fear the most. Thank you so much for your offer, I'll get back to you when it's time to start working on the campaign.

For the next few months I'll be focusing on the game mechanics, combat being the centre of my attention. I'm currently using the scripting system to control everything externally to make it easier for people (and me!) to add things into the game without recompiling.

This doesn't mean that the story can't already be worked on if you want to. I think it should be easy to add the necessary maps into the engine when it's complete. Here are some comments from EQ Daily that could be of use:

Boss ideas.

Campaign names and ideas.

Unit ideas.

TheComet

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
So are you aiming for something like the Battle for Middle Earth games? It's not quite clear yet for me... is this just single player action?

swis
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2012 20:27
I'm aiming more for a Diablo game, only with 6 hero units instead of just 1. There will also be a way to gather resources and build things, but I don't think it's going to be central. But hey, the game is still very open to anything, I'm not entirely sure what to do with it yet.

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-05 13:03:14
Your offset time is: 2024-07-05 13:03:14