Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Free Playbook Tablet Offer

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 10:58
Thanks bj, I don't think this occurs anywhere in my code. I'll try to investigate the cause of this later. I'm not really surprised as I wasn't able to test it on the simulator.

I hate sending out something that's not properly tested but I had to make the deadline and I didn't know when my baby was going to arrive... (still waiting)

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 13:05
Quote: "Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that your product 'Tipple Topple' is approved and ready to be provisioned for BlackBerry App World"

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
BatVink was your app landscape or Portrait?
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 13:12
Congratulations Batvink!!

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Congratulations Batvink

Ive still not recieved an email from BlackBerry asking for my delivery details for the free PlayBook. Ill give them till tomorrow and email them again.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 17:30
I've just had a look through the code and the download version of Core.cpp may still contain an instance of SetOrientationAllowed() that overrides your settings, search the file for it and if found comment it out. I've double checked that g_bLandscape=false and agk::SetOrientationAllowed( 1,1,0,0 ) do produce a portrait app.

I've never had it freeze before, but AppGameKit does not accept 0 values for the size, it will replace them with the value 0.00001, not sure why those would freeze it.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 17:42
Quote: "I've never had it freeze before, but AppGameKit does not accept 0 values for the size, it will replace them with the value 0.00001, not sure why those would freeze it."

Paul, I'm fairly certain that my freeze is not caused by this as I always use the "-1" value and a hard coded value for the other parameter in this game.

I'll contact you later regarding this if I get the chance.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 21:12 Edited at: 9th Mar 2012 21:40
Paul knew I was not mad, and something was wrong indeed!

agk::SetOrientationAllowed(1,1,1,1) was not commented out in Core.cpp!

Do you think just commenting that out will fix it or there could be other perks?

Could you maybe attach a good version of Core.cpp for T2 here?
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I have an issue with the game that I released. Apparently no one can launch missiles (its a missile command clone). It works on the simulator, and RIM approved it. It seems the AppGameKit multitouch function isnt working on the real hardware, as the menus all work fine. Ill wait till I get my delivery confirmation before submiting a fix.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes it seems there are indeed problems on the actual hardware with GetPointerPressed() and GetPointerReleased()

All works fine on the simulator.

Maybe Paul can check a bit if he has a minute to spare.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 23:39
Quote: "Could you maybe attach a good version of Core.cpp for T2 here?"

I've uploaded a new download but the only change is the line agk::SetOrientationAllowed(1,1,1,1). You can comment it out with no ill effect.

Quote: " It seems the AppGameKit multitouch function isnt working on the real hardware, as the menus all work fine"

I just tested some multitouch code and the three pointer pressed, state, released commands, all seems fine on the playbook. I tested your app and I also get a problem firing missiles, what's the code you use to detect the press?
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 23:45 Edited at: 9th Mar 2012 23:46
Ive been told that the game will fire missiles if you press 2 fingers on the screen. The game works in the simulator without any problems.

I use GetPointerState() = 1 to detect if the screen is being touched and GetRawTouchCount(1) to get the touch count.

I then only use the first 3 touch detections so that only 3 missile can be fired at the same time. like this

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 23:49
I can't see any issues with GetRawTouchCount(1) either but try doing something like this

Note that this won't work at all on mouse only platforms like Windows and Mac
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2012 23:59 Edited at: 10th Mar 2012 00:00
Thanks Paul ill give that a try tomorrow. My code works fine on Android devices.

To launch the missiles I use GetRawTouchTime(i), GetRawTouchCurrentX(i), and GetRawTouchCurrentY(i)

Mabey they are the issue as I tell the game to ignore the players input if either GetRawTouchCurrentX(i), or GetRawTouchCurrentY(i) returns a 0
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 00:57
That might explain it, if you are using the loop i=1 to n and then GetRawTouchCurrentX(i), since the parameter to these commands is not always linear, it must come from GetRawFirstTouchEvent() as in the example above.

Different platforms will have different ways of numbering their touch inputs, it might just be that Android uses a linear scale from 1 to n.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 08:10
I just got an email asking for shipping details for my free play book!!! Filled it in and got a confirmed order, despite not having passed validation

Tone Dialer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 08:13 Edited at: 10th Mar 2012 08:14
I don't actually belive it, but I got this email this morning...

Quote: "We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer.

To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here. {LINK}

You’ll receive notification when your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program team

P.S. You are welcome to submit multiple entries for consideration, but only one BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be awarded per registered vendor in BlackBerry App World.
"

Obviously I filled in the required information, I am now waiting in anticipation.

I big thank you to the AppGameKit team and to all the forum members who have helped me get this far.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 08:17
That's the one I got and now I have this one:
Quote: "The order for your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is now being processed and we expect to ship the unit to you within the next 72 hours.

We’re fairly certain that you’re looking forward to putting this new tablet through its paces and finding out exactly what it can do. Likewise, we are also eager to get it into your hands so you can see your app in action, and try out the many features.

As soon as your order ships, we will notify you and send the tracking number for reference.

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program team"

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 08:35
Me too! Yay!

Quote: "We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer.

To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here."

Thank you AppGameKit! Won me a free PlayBook! Well, I think AppGameKit has officially paid for itself now. And of course I'm please to announce that in light of this news, Tezcatlipoca Software's profits are up approximately 3300% this quarter .

Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 09:20
I've just confirmed my shipping address for the free PlayBook! I can't believe it.
Massive congratulations to everyone else who managed to qualify for one and thanks to TGC for announcing the offer and supporting the build process.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 09:26
It would be nice if those who got a free PlayBook would offer to test some final code for forum members!

-- Jim
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash, good things happen to good people!!!
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
So all you guys who received the shipping notice had your app approved, or was it rejected, but will still get the Playbook?
Trisect Development
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 11:16
I'm still waiting for them to approved my corrected game.
Hope it get approved this time.

iOS Apps from Trisect Development.
Click here.
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive still to received a shipping notice for my PlayBook so Ive emailed them a 2nd time. Thanks Paul for the help Ill get those changes done today and hopefuly get someone to test them on real hardware for me.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 13:08
Yes, thanks Lee!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 14:02
Quote: "Baxslash, good things happen to good people!!!"

I second that.

Just waiting for my email to come through, I think I'll reduce the anticipation by watching paint dry,or a kettle boil

I would appreciate it if anyone who has a confirmed PlayBook could email me at the address in the email button below, I'll make a feature of it in the newsletter. It's going to be the best newsletter you'll want to get your name published in, don't miss out

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 14:21
Bj mine was rejected but I still got it. I'd be happy to test anyone's apps when it arrives but I wouldn't hold your breath!

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash, if they say they will ship it, I think they will
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 15:59
What I mean is I wouldn't hold your breath because it may take a couple of weeks before it arrives

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash they will deliver by Courier! Even if you are located in a remote jungle corner of some 3rd world country it won't take more than 2 weeks!!!!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2012 19:26
I do live in a remote jungle. Are you sure? My friend Tarzan ordered a mail order bride and she didn't arrive for months. Lost in transit or something...

Also my Tree House Monthly's always late! Thank heavens for broadband
[/silly]

When I won the Intel competition my netbook didn't arrive for about three weeks after it was "sent" (by courier supposedly).

I'll try to stop being cynical I suppose. I haven't any experience of Blackberry as yet.

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul Ive attached a new build of my game could you test it on a real device. Ive change my code to the same way that you suguested.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2012 17:37
Quote: "Paul Ive attached a new build of my game could you test it on a real device. Ive change my code to the same way that you suguested."

Works perfectly now.
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Paul ill submit the update now.
Windsept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 03:29
I got the email saying I had a improperly signed app as well. I feel like I screwed myself out of my PlayBook! Aghhh!

Anyone think if I create a new app profile and email them asking to still consider it for the offering that they will?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 04:34
No harm in trying, although I never found an email that they would respond to about app submissions.
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 06:46 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 06:48
Quote: "I got the email saying I had a improperly signed app as well. I feel like I screwed myself out of my PlayBook! Aghhh!

Anyone think if I create a new app profile and email them asking to still consider it for the offering that they will? "

As long as the initial version of your app was sent to them before the deadline, you're still good for the Playbook offer even if the initial build was denied. Thus, you could correct the original app you submitted and the Playbook is still yours.

(I got an e-mail from them stating this).

However, the e-mail I got today was that they're denying my app because it didn't run full-screen... it was denied because it letterboxes. I now get to send the team an e-mail stating that if they want my applications, they'll have to accept the letterboxing, because my apps are designed for the market leader in mind (Apple) and I'm not going to spend time redesigning my apps because the financially failing underdog wants me to.

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 08:45
T.A.B. Tap A Block has just been approved
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 08:55
Congrats

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Anserman, they will not accept the letterboxing, and this is very understandable. you will have to redesign you app to fit the blackberry resolution.

we are very lucky that there is only 1 resolution on the Playbook. makes things easier.
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 10:14 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 10:56
Quote: "Anserman, they will not accept the letterboxing, and this is very understandable. you will have to redesign you app to fit the blackberry resolution.

we are very lucky that there is only 1 resolution on the Playbook. makes things easier. "

This will make things easier. I'll just design for the iPad/iPhone and leave it at that. If I design an app that isn't so resolution dependent (e.g., like a platformer) then I'll ship it onto Blackberry :/

Unfortunately, my two current apps are locked into their resolutions. Only if a major platform comes along and I feel like shipping for it (XNA Indie) will I consider it :/

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Answerman, depending on the app, sometimes its just a matter to put on a new background, and fixing some co-ordinate values.

I fixed my iPhone game to Playbook standard in less than 4 hours. Unfortunately I got stuck with the limited music features. I hope that in the future these will be bettered. Apart from that AppGameKit is really good when it comes to convert between platforms in a fast way!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
The update for my game Nuclear Defence Force has already been approved for the Playbook. So now the games finally playable on real hardware!

Answerman I have a 2nd game submited to the Playbook that was ported from the Iphone. All it took was a few hours to adjust the backgrounds to fit the Playbook screen. A few hours work for a free tablet is worth it, even if you just decide to sell the tablet on Ebay.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 14:39
Congrats apocolyp4!

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks baxslash, though im still waiting on my email confirming my delivery details for the playbook.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 16:30
Yay, I just got the final email and filled in my delivery details for the free PlayBook.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 16:33
That's great Batvink!

I have to say that over 72 hours have now passed and I haven't received anything to say it's been shipped... I'm a little disappointed but not surprised

Windsept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 16:54 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 16:55
Quote: "As long as the initial version of your app was sent to them before the deadline, you're still good for the Playbook offer even if the initial build was denied. Thus, you could correct the original app you submitted and the Playbook is still yours."

The only problem is that with a signing error you have to create a new profile for the app, so the 'official' app submission would be today instead of when I first submitted it a few weeks ago.

I'm giving it a try though!
Kendor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2012 20:22 Edited at: 13th Mar 2012 20:22
Windsept, refer to last paragraph: http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/03/package-id-rejected-by-app-world/

You're covered.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:59:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:59:42