Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Wolf and Bugsy present: The Cyberpunk Pack [W.I.P] - now available to purchase through TGC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

I new that...lol...was just saying.

Awesome! Its one of those threads.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 03:04
speaking of that, rolfy, I was wondering if you could give me any instruction on how to make skyboxes in 3ds max? I want to know how to set the cameras up so that the sides will mesh up perfectly with the textures.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 04:33 Edited at: 27th Apr 2012 04:43
Set scene, it doesn't get any simpler using MAX.
Render settings: 1024x1024

Camera:
FOV 90 degrees.

Rotation settings:
Front__x-90,_y-0,_z-0
Right__x-90,_y-0,_z-90
Back___x-90,_y-0,_z-180
left____x-90,_y-0,_z-270
Up_____x-180,_y-0,_z-0
Down___x-0,_y-0,_z-0

I always use a single camera and simply rotate for each render.

If your using Bryce same principles apply, but for some strange reason the camera field of view is set at 112.5

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 04:42
wow, rolfy. I really appreciate it!

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Your welcome

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 05:32
imageflock.com/img/1335493927.png[/img]

alas- before bed- more lightsources. this time, signs!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2012 06:38
Looks better and better each picture.

Flashfire07
Years of Service
User Offline
Cyberpunk pack? Why has this not been made before now?!? I can't wait for this to be finished as it looks awesome, just those holographic signs... me wanty very much!
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 00:20 Edited at: 30th Apr 2012 00:46
I would like to see large items to stick onto the buildings, the buildings are quite boxy, so its a good idea to have large items to fit onto them to break them up, as the buildings are large, I suggest the items cover a lot of space, so for example, a pipe system should cover a number of segments to avoid being lost on a large surface. Its also a good idea to make the buildings hollow, then cutting segments like doors and windows can cut into them, this way the user can model inside and out using segments. Also shader support.

Loving the work so far. Back in the ut3/4k days I used to play the hell out of angelhearts bladerunner inspired map dm-2019
http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=292
and the sequel dm-20019-xs
http://mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3940
film link may still be up to the authors map
http://www.bladezone.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=981&start=0
a youtube video of someone looking around it is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhjWk0RkScs

This item is a must buy. If this pack was very extensive, Id be willing to lay out a pretty penny, cyberpunk is my favorite by far.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 03:28
the buildings themselves will be kept lowpoly boxes to make for easy game optimization. they're meant for backgrounds, however we will make other buildings that are more detailed, and plenty of nice pipe, wire, and tube systems.

also, we'll do large planes for building facades so that they can be entered by the player, and have segments inside them. also, since they have only one visible textured side, windows will work inside of them.

glad you like cyberpunk, so do we

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 04:11
Quote: "the buildings themselves will be kept lowpoly boxes to make for easy game optimization. they're meant for backgrounds, however we will make other buildings that are more detailed, and plenty of nice pipe, wire, and tube systems.

also, we'll do large planes for building facades so that they can be entered by the player, and have segments inside them. also, since they have only one visible textured side, windows will work inside of them.

glad you like cyberpunk, so do we "

Oh my goodness. Thank you!

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2012 17:40 Edited at: 30th Apr 2012 17:40
Quote: "I would like to see large items to stick onto the buildings, the buildings are quite boxy, so its a good idea to have large items to fit onto them to break them up, as the buildings are large, I suggest the items cover a lot of space, so for example, a pipe system should cover a number of segments to avoid being lost on a large surface."

Yes! I plan a large amount of very large things. Including detailed walldecor that comes as single entities.

Quote: "Its also a good idea to make the buildings hollow, then cutting segments like doors and windows can cut into them"

Certainly not for the background buildings but there will be some modern architecture houses that are indeed hollow.
Quote: "Also shader support."

No. I can add shadermaps if you plan to use it in another engine but to me the current static entitie shaders look too agressive and go too heavy on performance and memory cap. This pack is originally designed for Bugsy so it focusses on a low polygon count and optimisation.

Quote: "This item is a must buy. If this pack was very extensive, Id be willing to lay out a pretty penny, cyberpunk is my favorite by far"

this will be Work in progress until the deep summer so yes! It will have a lot of content. However, we won't overprice it. No matter how much stuff we will cram in here, it won't cost more than your average FPSC Modelpack.

-Wolf

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 19:06 Edited at: 1st May 2012 19:07
Yes! Small update

Those aren't textured yet but I felt it would be a bit empty in this post with the 3 simple signmodels. I won't do any ingame screenshots because...I don't have any good cyberpunk city maps lying around. Bugsy will do that. At least I think he will

Alright, those are the final sign meshes for now. I will do a bunch of alternate textures etc. but after that I would like to focus on other parts of the pack.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, art is knowing which ones to keep.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
can you make more signs like the hotel sign? for example make some signs that glow and say market,pawn shop, stuff like that? that b cool great work wolf & buggs

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 21:41
we'll do plenty of textures for it, as well as illuminationmaps. however, signs aren't the only component of a good cyberpunk city, and as it is, there's already like 8 signs in this pack.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 21:44
Quote: "8"

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2012 21:52
oh well then in that case I need another update! XD I'll pester you soon~

apparently i miss a lot when I work so much. luckily i quit my job so I can get more sleep

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2012 03:18
imageflock.com/img/1336346076.png[/img]
imageflock.com/img/1336346092.png[/img]

we're still hard at work as seen by these screenshots from the advergame!

new models have been put into gameplay, including solarpanels and cablecages.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 00:26
Thanks for those...once again! Amazing scenes bugsy.

you know that you are better than me by now, do you?

Anyway: I'll get the last basic props done within this week and after that we'll cover a lot of city buildings. I make this the heartpiece of this pack as it will have future more themed addons. Some of these will even be free

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 01:47
I am working on some skyboxes of the same city scene many times throughout the day.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 03:32
and here is the first one!

imageflock.com/img/1336437128.png[/img]

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 07:43
Nice!!!

Back from the Wasteland.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 14:40
Was the sun added in afterwards? There is a slight difference in color at the top seam. Otherwise it looks great!

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 17:28
i am not the pack-freak out of the look of my project, but cant wait that this done as i am a big dark-future fanboy. i see a sideproject for me raising at the horizont.

are you planning to do cyberlimbs (as enviromental objects)?

and just another question in picture:

???

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 17:51 Edited at: 8th May 2012 17:53
Gosh! Akira has to be one of my favourite Animes and "Sci-Fi" stories of all time - the atmosphere of Neo-Tokyo was really impressive, and the ending pure awesomeness.
Just to prove my nerdiness, here's an old picture of my vitrine / display cabinet: Akira Figures Sadly, I somehow lost Kaneda's bike, no idea, where that thing ended up.

On topic: Great work you two! The media looks really great, can't wait to see more.

-Doomster

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 18:19
@doomster:

http://www.amazon.de/Bandai-Akira-Kanedas-Die-Cast-Replica/dp/B002V8GXDC/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1336490179&sr=1-1

EUR 592,91
schnäppsche!^^

@bugsy & wolf: take a look at Ghost-in-the-Shell (1), when talking about cyberpunk-mangas. beats akira on short and long track.

sorry for offtopic.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2012 21:24
I love cyberpunk manga like ghost in the shell, ergo proxy, parasite dolls, metropolis the movie, those are my favs.

we will be doing vehicles, and the sun was a fail because 3ds max wont render lightrays if the light is out of frame, therefore I'm going to have to change it, but not to worry, it'll be made more populated with buildings too

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:11
Quote: "i see a sideproject for me raising at the horizont. "

Thats a great idea!

Quote: "are you planning to do cyberlimbs (as enviromental objects)?"

No The hands rigged to the guns will be limbs enough I could just add them as a prop but that would be a prop with a way too high polycount.

Quote: "take a look at Ghost-in-the-Shell (1), when talking about cyberpunk-mangas. beats akira on short and long track."

That would be more something for Bugsy. My angle on cyberpunk is more grounded in reality and if inspired by something, it would be bladerunner and the likes.

About that bike: I was planning on doing a hoverbike...but okay! I add it.

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2012 23:48
I'm also working on stuff. complaints from cyberpunk screenshot compo participants run the gamut of different issues they encounter, but the basic one is that they don't really understand what makes cyberpunk "cyberpunk" and how to structure a nice scene. That's why I'm doing a set of simple "building blocks" to make it easy to make awesome, original cyberpunk slum buildings, to go with the big financial district towers:

imageflock.com/img/1336769087.png[/img]

3 simple roughly 1 or 2 segment size blocks, with 2 textures for each. one with lit windows, one with unlit. looks dumb right now, but once we combine them artfully:

imageflock.com/img/1336769259.png[/img]

they begin looking a bit nicer . add some cool detail entities from the pack to the scene, and we've got something truly presentable:

imageflock.com/img/1336769311.png[/img]

Enjoy! I hope this makes it easier

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 01:05
Any updates?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - no affiliate links thanks
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2012 13:12
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2012 00:56
Hi there! Bugsy and I decided to add a total of 5 guns to the pack.
Bugsy already designed 2 guns for me to model and one is done as you can see:

Oh! I also have a new rendering device

This is the assault rifle. We wanted a regular gun in the pack aswell...you know...one without too much funky cyberpunk stuff.

-Wolf

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 05:44
imageflock.com/img/1337309058.png[/img]

bugsy has also made some more models for the pack.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Those seem way too high poly! Are you baking them? or will wolf bake them?

------
I am the shadow wich, with relentless defiance, lurks you. I will find you in the corners of the earth, even if I have to cross them.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 20:36
The building 'section blocks' idea is great, that gives lots of manipulation to map design, I'm very happy with that.
Wolfs gun, wasted polys in those strut things on the end of the barrel part, makes it look like some cliche ed woods sci fi ray gun, Id lose those polys, they dont add anything to it at all. Also whats that sticking out the side of it, that ringpull thing, like a zipper or something, Id lose that as well. The rest of it I like, real excited about this pack. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 21:49
Quote: "Those seem way too high poly! Are you baking them? or will wolf bake them?"

each object in that scene is a separate object, all fairly low poly.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 23:42
I recommend also shop front models, then one can have shops on the ground floor, and then place regular buildings above them.

Teabone
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 23:45
Fantastic models... i wish i knew how to properly texture like that. I can make models just not very good at texture mapping... >_<

Great work guys

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2012 23:56 Edited at: 18th May 2012 23:57
Quote: "Wolfs gun, wasted polys in those strut things on the end of the barrel part, makes it look like some cliche ed woods sci fi ray gun, Id lose those polys, they dont add anything to it at all. Also whats that sticking out the side of it, that ringpull thing, like a zipper or something, Id lose that as well. The rest of it I like, real excited about this pack. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
"

How dare thee question the modeldesign of the great seawolf? Just kidding I added those polys to the muzzlebreak as it was part of bugsy's design and so I stood true to it. It are only boxes I was whirling the vertices around a bit so not much polys go to waste. This "zipper" you would lose is the guns "cocking" device and wont be lost either. We appreciate your input though, but without these little extras a lot of the "punkish" elements would be lost and it would just be a regular assault rifle.

Quote: "I recommend also shop front models, then one can have shops on the ground floor, and then place regular buildings above them."

Bugsy sent some to me already. A semi realistic way to texture 2D Shop windows is a whole different story though =/

@Teabone: thanks!

Quote: "Those seem way too high poly!"

they aren't trust me.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 01:40
This is looking great guys, major question though, will these be rigged to the default hands that FPSC offers?

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 02:50
Guys, hey guys! Hurry and finish this so I can hand you my money.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hurry and finish"

LOL. I wouldn't rush perfection Josh.

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 04:34
Quote: "LOL. I wouldn't rush perfection Josh."

Not good enough!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2012 07:44
Quote: "will these be rigged to the default hands that FPSC offers?"

no.

Quote: "Guys, hey guys! Hurry and finish this so I can hand you my money."

don't worry, if you'd like you can just hand us some money now.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 03:51
Quote: "This is looking great guys, major question though, will these be rigged to the default hands that FPSC offers?"

Njet I made the hand mesh

Quote: "LOL. I wouldn't rush perfection Josh."

Ha! Thanks we won't reach perfection, but this pack is a great exercise for us to harden our skills.

Quote: "Guys, hey guys! Hurry and finish this so I can hand you my money.
"

We will probably release this late july / early august
I will finish the last probs within the next 3 weeks (it would only take me 4 days but ... the job. I'm usually too tired at evenings to be really constructive.) Afterwards we will concentrate our efforts on the weapons, maybe an android aswell.

Small update:

I just finished a few background meshes so you can have large cityscapes for your scene (I imagine them being useful for a city you can see outside the window of a level or rising up behind the borders of your accessable level)

There will be more building meshes designed to populate your scene with detail presented soon!

-Wolf

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 08:20
Quote: "I just finished a few background meshes so you can have large cityscapes for your scene "

MOOOOOARRRR!!!

Quote: "Njet I made the hand mesh"

xD Hmmm... does this mean more than one weapon? I would think it would be logical to rig the weapons to already created hands for universal support. But I am no artist so I can't wait to see what more you guys are doing.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 08:29
Quote: "does this mean more than one weapon?"

yes. 5

Quote: "I would think it would be logical to rig the weapons to already created hands for universal support."

logical but not very cyberpunk

RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 09:43
Oh, now I want to do a cyberpunk-themed minipack ...
I hope it doesn't bother you..

Excuse my grammar errors, I'm French.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 20:15 Edited at: 20th May 2012 20:16
If I may also suggest things like cyber punk road signs, street lamps, road blocks and traffic cones. That would be epic :o also sci-fi-ish cars and such to use as probs for a street scene. Just a suggestion!

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 21:26
Quote: "cyber punk road signs, street lamps, road blocks and traffic cones"

already done

Quote: "sci-fi-ish cars and such to use"

will probably be done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:59:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:59:24