Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Riker 9 FPS Creator Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 00:35
Someone get me out of Honduras again please!

-This...is my boomstick!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 00:41
@The Dude:
MMMMMMMM! Thanks mate, I needed that!
@ Merranvo and Wierdo:
Its a private matter. Rich was being immature in his emails, so...

Your signature has been erased by a mod. We don't want your pyramind schemes, thanks.
Your welcome rich Just had to add some stupid comment in there, didnt ya?
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
cellb;oc is riker 9 finished yet froma a scale thre (0-100) how much would you say is finished? plz answere!

Silent Hill
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 00:47
Darn!I never went to get that beer...Getting it now..

FLA
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 00:51
I'm assuming 0 is Nada y 100 es Todo?

-This...is my boomstick!
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
ok great! what have you acompleshed? i hope it finishes soon

Silent Hill
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 01:37
hmm 42

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 08:31
this thread is useless now

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 10:54
To everyone except coke, beer and coffee drinkers...

/.,.\-Meh? Everyone loves fat penguins!
((_ _)) Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 15:29
Well, if you want, I can build a blog as everytime I work on something, I could update the features and let people download it....

-This...is my boomstick!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 15:41
or maybe start a new thread nad have the admin only allow you to post so we do not have to sift through all the BS to see what your doing. that way people would stop asing are you done yet, are you done yet?

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
-- Winston Churchill
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2006 16:48
Or he could do his blog on this thread seeing as how there are 20 pages and this where people go to see what is going on with Riker 9.
And he could make his stuff available here whenever he got it ready.
I see no sense in starting something else when this seems to work fine to me.
I have a sense of humor and it is good to see some forum members blow off some steam and joke around a little bit.It's not hurting anybody.
It's up to Cellbloc,though.It's his baby.

FLA
Hugzmeister Games
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we need a more gamemaker 6 (www.gamemaker.nl) interface, so that we can do more with the engine, like buying stuff as in counterstrike or having classes that start with different weapons. It could almost be like the warcraft 3 world editor, with events, actions and stuff, but like the w3we, model it around fpsc.
Anyway, take that into account,
Hugzmeister Games.

''
__
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
gamemaker isnt the best but it is good i use it it like a DARKBASIC/Playbasic for only 20 dollars well heck it is goood! and dont get additude with me reality forgoten

Silent Hill
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 09:20 Edited at: 26th Mar 2006 09:27
Quote: "Well, if you want, I can build a blog as everytime I work on something, I could update the features and let people download it...."

CB you've proposed a downloadable version of R9 a couple of times already, many people have affirmed they would love to try it, so why do you continue to aks this? Just give people the download and that would end all of the 'is Riker9 for real?' threads and post also.

Quote: "I think we need a more gamemaker 6 (www.gamemaker.nl) interface"

I don't think so, that would make me stop using FPSCreator for use. I really love the way FPSC is set up and if people just would take the time to learn to scripting, they would really start seeing the power of FPSC. I'm very glad it's the way it is, it gives much more freedom then what you propose.

I really do hope TGC will not change FPSC into another gamemaker or klik&play/tgf/mmf kind of application. It's doubtfull that they will do anyway, they practically do need to re-write FPSC to accomplish it.

Anyway bottomline is, FPSC is as is, you just need to learn to work with it (as you would with any other application) and you NEED to learn to script if you want to get anywhere with FPSC.

If you wanted another gamemaker, you should not have bought FPSC, it is cleary advertised what FPSC is and you get a month to play with the demo, so if you can't work with it or don't like it, move on (as a lot of people around here should really do).

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://megagaming.taken.to
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 19:38 Edited at: 26th Mar 2006 19:38
@I has returned- can you read well, because there ya go doing it again. repeating what was already said two posts above you.

Quote: "Or he could do his blog on this thread seeing as how there are 20 pages and this where people go to see what is going on with Riker 9."

@Lizblizz-
Quote: "and dont get additude with me reality forgoten"

What are you talking about?

@Hugzmeister Games- Do you read well? Just checking cause this is a Riker9 thread. (A.K.A The Mystery Machine) I think you should have posted a seperate thread somewhere down the list at the main forums board, not in the FPSC forums but maybe in the Geek culture or something like that.

@CellBloc - If you had a blog to this I would read it, mainly because I would not have to sift through all of these garbage posts. I think for every one of your posts there is like 50 user posts. so I say a blog is needed!

-- Winston Churchill
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Nevermind. how long has riker9 been around?

Silent Hill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 19:48 Edited at: 26th Mar 2006 19:48
It has not been around at all, since being around means physically present on an area. and Riker9 has not yet been created.

-- Winston Churchill
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 19:51
Reality,
I can read just fine.This is Cellbloc's thing to do with what he wants to not yours.If Cellbloc was so unhappy he would have gotten on here and said something.
If you are sick of reading this then don't read it.
I don't post on these forums to please you or to make you happy.I do it because:
a) as a community we should try to help each other
b) I want to
c) I am a big FPSC fan and I want to give my opinion or state how I feel about things.

If you have a problem with me that's too bad.I don't have a problem with you.If you don't like the way I do things you have a right to your opinion.It doesn't affect me one way or the other.

FLA
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
oh ok. have they ever came up with any future plans for FPSC? they should make a exact same one but third person third person creator...TPC

Silent Hill
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 20:20
There are future plans for FPSC, but TGC hasn't given out any details yet.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
i see. that would be cool if they had a third person one

Silent Hill
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 20:33
lol tpsc

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 20:48
@I has returned

Quote: "Reality,
I can read just fine.This is Cellbloc's thing to do with what he wants to not yours.If Cellbloc was so unhappy he would have gotten on here and said something.
If you are sick of reading this then don't read it."

ok explain this part of the thread

Quote: "Cellbloc Studios
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User

Location: La Ceiba , Honduras (HOW I GET HERE?) Posted: 24th Mar 2006 20:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, if you want, I can build a blog as everytime I work on something, I could update the features and let people download it....

-This...is my boomstick!

Reality Forgotten
User

or maybe start a new thread nad have the admin only allow you to post so we do not have to sift through all the BS to see what your doing. that way people would stop asing are you done yet, are you done yet?

-- Winston Churchill
Edit Post Back to top

I has returned
User

Or he could do his blog on this thread seeing as how there are 20 pages and this where people go to see what is going on with Riker 9.
And he could make his stuff available here whenever he got it ready.
I see no sense in starting something else when this seems to work fine to me.
I have a sense of humor and it is good to see some forum members blow off some steam and joke around a little bit.It's not hurting anybody.
It's up to Cellbloc,though.It's his baby.

FLA
"

uhm...seems like you repeating useless info yet once again. and as far posting to help the community I do do that and this is one of the ways it can be done. by helping people stop double posting what has already been said. I know that you will never be able to stop the really new guys from asking the same question three times but youhave been here a while and should know better.

I don't have a problem with you, maybe your methods but not with you, I dont know you from anyone else in here. You know you mayu want to re-evaluate how you are posting helpful informat, if you haven't noticed this happens to follow you around. Might be something in the water!

-- Winston Churchill
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
its a good idea i like 3rd person view if fpsc people that made it. made it into TPSC or TPC it would be off the markets!!! id buy it or make an exspansion with fpsc to make the marker to a 3rd person camera and tweek it a bit and boom! its Fpscreator or Tpc! thats a good idea

Silent Hill
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 21:22
if im correct in assuming the player doesnt actually have a person behind the camera the if u make an entity follow u (edit the home script) and make the camera zoom back and up then u could have third person view

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
you can do that? cool i have a good idea to... but i needs bond1s script

Silent Hill
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 21:41
your not going to be able to adjust the canera position.

-- Winston Churchill
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 21:56
At the moment the camera is stuck, no script will do anything about it. I know some people have claimed they can do it, but those are just empty claims.... way to much of those being made around here.

I've contacted TGC about being able to make 3rd person games also and with the present coding of FPSC that is as good as impossible, at least so I was told.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
its still good i love it but im just saying a good idea you know cause the 3dgamemaker has all that! but you cant do much with it but yhea they should do something like that best for horror games

Silent Hill
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 00:56
Quote: "I've contacted TGC about being able to make 3rd person games also and with the present coding of FPSC that is as good as impossible, at least so I was told.
"

its quite possible, it would just take sifting thru 27,000 lines of code and a ton of time, time im not willing to commit.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 01:30 Edited at: 27th Mar 2006 01:32
Quote: "I really love the way FPSC is set up and if people just would take the time to learn to scripting, they would really start seeing the power of FPSC"

Thats just not enough. Neither is learning to work with it enough (I know about learning to work with it) - both together are still not enough but simply easy statements to make - doing is nothing like so easy. The potential power of FPSC is one thing - practical application in gamemaking and end gameplay another. That potential exceeds capabilities which are left down in many other areas which will never match the professional potential of the products possibilities in others.

If TGC fix the speed/fps bugs and well known issues - call them what you like - then thats another matter and they may well do so. We shall have to wait and see - but in the meantime nothing the end user can do will realise the full potential of the product - only TGC can ensure that.

Not quite sure what the term "Power" in this instance really means and I dont want to debate a word.

FPSC is ceratinly a product that at least had/has potential which was not/will not be fully realsied in my view at least.

That view counts for little - only the end games users produce matter and there are few of them currently showing that possible potential or Power.

The serious lagg issue and other speed issues will prevent that in most FP Shooter type games made with FPSC as it currently stands. Few will ever beat the issues and overcome them fully - its just seemingly impossible at least until someone actually does it.

Hopefully FPSC will see some improvements at least in some areas in any update and any future version. You may have to wait a long time for any of those. Whether FPSC ever reaches the potential that was originally envisaged for the product remains to be seen. As it stands it certainly does not as can be seen by missing features, functions or overall capability intended perhaps to be included but not achieved - clearly some of these intended potential "Power" capabilities were overly optimistic for inclusion to the product for whatever reason and they were envisaged originally one must presume because they were seen as being necessary as part of a modern gamemaking product.

That has not changed, but the goal posts may well have been.

Colonel Jax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 12:11
TIME, TIME, TIME,
i feel i hear this word too much this days
ZZzzzzz ZZZzzzzz ZZZZzzz
Need Coffe But lazy to make
ZZzzzZ ZZzz ZZZzz

ROAD TO AQSA Project .... JOin Us NoW
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 12:33
this is y i also use the doom2 engine, no bugs and third person.

Psycho Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 13:58
I agree with you uman, FPSC is more like practising, having fun and learning than designing real games. And it's just good like that.

"ALL HAIL HITLER!"

Check out my game: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74285&b=25
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2006 15:57
Time is the optimum word. No one quite yet knows what the future holds for gamemaking with FPSC.

2006 may see TGC make good progress with all of their complimentary products. We may see an update to FPSC and who knows perhaps even some news of a future version if TGC are knid enough to tell us. We know they are not going to give any hard and fast promises but I expect TGC gamemaking software to continue to offer users improved facilities. After all thats what their business is all about.

Users too will continue to contribute to the development of the product - patience and faith is what is needed.

Quote: "FPSC is more like practising, having fun and learning than designing real games. And it's just good like that."

I dont quite agree with that - really good finished games can be made with FPSC now - but they take much time not yet passed and only the speed issues will hold up development of many.

Real bug fixes alone in any update should make a considerable difference to that situation. An update is on the way and I hope that TGC will concentrate on the bug issues first with that. I believe they will which is hopeful for the future of the product.

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Cellbloc,
do you have any updates on how riker 9 is going?
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 03:55 Edited at: 29th Mar 2006 03:56

Coffee till next MONTH! Now get on it, and work the nights

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 03:58
I thought you could never get too much coffee...
I might have been wrong...

FLA
game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
I love coffee
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
who dosen't?

Silent Hill
Colonel Jax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 13:07
i preffer cappocino

ROAD TO AQSA Project .... JOin Us NoW
brummel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 13:49
I HATE COFFEE! Tastes like sh*t...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 17:26
News Update:

I have purchased 3D World Studio and am now in the middle of adding features that 3DWS can do into Riker 9. When said and finished, you should be able to drop your terrain right in.

I'm converting a lot of the collision detection to NG 4.02 (Currently using 4.01 because I cannot get 4.02 Beta!) which will solve ladder issues as well as MAYBE 3rd person view (it's a thought since we have a valid working collision system where I got screwed with 5.9 update).

Ok, back to the cave.

-This...is my boomstick!
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 20:28
@Mosillivo- 440 cups of coffee! Thats sure going to give someone a buzz!
After that you will start to become a junkie for coffee.
Drank coffee learns there's no more starts craving coffee change starts happening then starts mutating finds there is no cure! then finds coffee chills out and drinks coffee

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
cool 3rd person great!

Silent Hill
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2006 21:53
woot 3d 3rd person! now if sum1 culd get a doom marine and a mastermind in fpsc then ill say that fpsc is more fun than doom2

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
COFFEE!!!!!!
@gamefreak16,
Screw off, I was here first-Give me back my coffee
*Punches gamefreak16 in face and huddles in corner, snuggling up to coffee machine and whimpering with shifty eyes*
"NO-ONE TOUCHES MY COFFEE!!!"

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
cool 3rd person anyways what dose ragdoll physics mean or what is it i heard so much about it good going cellblock you better release this year

Silent Hill
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 02:09
Nobody comes between Tom and his coffee.

FLA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 15:20:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 15:20:14