Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Riker 9 FPS Creator Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hhhm i see so again whats ragdoll physics?

Silent Hill
fxdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Ragdoll is a way a model or character acts in 3d space I.E. after being hit the model falls to the graound like a ragdoll, arm and legs flailing around, most pro 3d programs like max have this feature that you can assign to a model.

http://www.hauntedmath.com
Lost Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 13:21
its were the characters go limp, like if there knees r over the edge of a cliff the legs will hang down, unlike what we have now were they would just be straight.also it sorts the problem of them being half in a wall.

Doom,where the sanest place is behind a trigger.
Origin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 15:13 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 15:17
@lizzblizz: so again whats a n00b?

please do some researth BEFORE asking!

[EDIT]

here is some pictures:ยจ

This is a painfull example!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 16:15
Cellblock,

Can you also make this in parts like:

this version is 1.0 it features this:

and latr add new features with new update.

So you dont have to hear all the "When will it be finished"moaning anymore.

Just a suggestion.

[href]www.freewebs.com/edromeproductions[/href]
look there for all my model packs latest updtes and other stuff!
(its not old yet)
Black Terror
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 16:36
I didn't want to read all 41 pages, but is this out yet or is it coming soon?

Black Terror
Official Website
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 16:50
@Silver the lord of Nothing:

Sounds good.

@Black Terror:

This year (close to summer, or is it Spring? Which is first?)

-This...is my boomstick!
Support your local Riker 9 Chapter.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 21:12
I say, make a simple meny for level-saving instead! You courld propably make one in 7 days or less. Riker is a forever-project and it is not worth it!!!
But when I am thinking about it maybe I shourld make it Myself, I have everything I need for making a "menu-executor". Im just wondering if there are anybody here that are intrested of this instead of Riker?
The problem is that You need Darkbasic to make a game(!)
By the way Cellbloc, You wrote that You had probs to import maps into FPSC . I dont get it, to Me it works perfekt even if I am using C4D and not a real map builder(!)

Stop listening to rumors! Listen to the truth...
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 21:46
Mr Love, I've asked for a simple choose your own level addition to FPSC. I did get three people saying it could easily be done within a couple of hours..... that was 3 days ago.

Many user do only really want some way to have FPSC choose the levels they want, instead of the set order FPSC does it in, they don't need Riker9, just a small additions.

I had high hopes and eager takers, but as eager as they were 3 days ago, as silent they are now, I'm really wondering about what happened to this so easily done addition.

Bored of indoor? Add outdoor to your FPSC games!
http://megagaming.taken.to
Need music for your games? Check the above link also!
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 22:25 Edited at: 30th Mar 2006 22:26
@Benjamin A:

I'm here still. When I get a free moment, I will look at it again. I remember doing it with multiple WinZones and I had to modify the FPE files...but I'm a little crushed for time. If I finish the new module by Saturday, I get an extra $15,000 (not too bad for 2 weeks of work!) OR I can fart around and try and get WinZones working for someone for nothing...

Sorry, I need the cash.

The good news is that I will be back in the USA Sunday night and can look more deeply into it Monday.

-This...is my boomstick!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 22:30
origin, please don't streach the thread.

As a note, I don't OWN DBP, Bullshox does, I just make the code... and for some reason, either MSN is broken, or he is denying that he is receiving the link to try compiling the ~noMP version and making sure that my adjustments work, before heading onto that type of code.

Mosillivo: Fires Rage, Earth Rumble, Evil Reigns, Cities Tumble
Join the NJL: The War Has Begun, Which Side Are You On?
Nunticaelitusphobic (Scared of Internet)
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2006 22:50
CB, business before pleasure! Go make your cash and after that make all of us happy! Thanks for letting me know what's going on, I'll be awaiting your reply.

Now if only I had $15,000 to get you away from that project and start working on the level choosing solution But all I can offer you is my eternal thanks and MegaMusic, FPSC Landscape Pack 1 and the game I'm working on (which could use the level choosing). But those are just peanuts compare to $15,000.....

@Mosillivo, you don't own DBP? You just make the code? That statement really surprises me and perhaps explains why we never see any actual proof of your programming skills. That's like me saying, "as you know I don't own C++, but I do make the code for it", somehow that doesn's sound right, does it?

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i get it what ragdoll means just curious! and dont call me a noob trust me you dont want to see my B!TCHY side trust me...

Silent Hill
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lizblizz
Yeah, there are some ragdoll physic games on the net:
http://www.stickpage.com/ragdollgameplay.shtml
http://pekkasandborg.com/portfolio/?id=2
http://www.geocities.com/mr_marble_madness/ragdoll/skeldoll.htm
I has returned,
YES NOONE GETS BETWEEN ME AND COFFEE ESPECIALLY NOT SOME N00B WHOM CLAIMS HE LOVES COFFEE! I am the only coffee lover around here...
LOL

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
wow that firl link game is fun!!! thanks

Silent Hill
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure lol

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 01:01
I'm a coffee addict. ...lol.

FLA
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Im MORE! lol

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 02:23
I code simple stuff, like gui's, file i/o's and 3d views.

merry does the deep FPSC stuff, and although he doesnt own DBP, he can write it, because its pretty much basic language.

and you cant own C++, you have to compile it, so you could own a compiler...

Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 03:56
Too much coffee makes you look like this->

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 11:30
Benjamin A:

Well I cant answer for them! I have been exprementing with a menu, and I have already made My very first FPSC SAVE! Not perfekt yet, but it works...
If You are a programmer You can make this in a week! I am NOT so I wont make this in a week.
I belive that Riker 9 is a big PRACTICAL JOKE!!!
And the reason for it is to calm down all angry FPSC owners, that had been promised Savegame a long time ago! I am happy that people are starting to understand what this Guy is doing! If I am right (pretty sure I am) take this brat and throw Him into a Jail in Thailand!
CELLBLOCK 9 wourld be perfect!!!
By the way Cellblock, If You drop the soap in the shower, dont pick it up.....

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 13:59
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, so I'm willing to wait for CB to release the suggestion I've done.

If it's a real project or not, I can't say. At time I do have my doubts about it, at times I do believe it's for real. There's only one way to end all of this discussion and show us some proof of Riker9.

If CB will release something along the lines I've asked for early next week, then I'm more prompt to believe Riker9 is for real also.

The only person I don't really take serious is Mossivilo. He's too often contradicting CB and Bullshock with the claims he makes. The only way he can prove to me how brilliant he really is (which I do doubt very very much), by realising a save/load feature from within FPSC within before the weekend is over. A system were no GUI is need, since you don't really need it. He said that was easy to accomplish within a few hours..... that was 4 days ago. Well let him prove his claims, but I seriously doubt he can.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 16:05
Thanks Mr Love for that advice. I see my your message that you must have plenty of experience in prisons as well as dropping the soap in the shower.

Take care!

-This...is my boomstick!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2006 18:04
dropping the soap isnt the problem..its the guy behind you

looking forward o riker9!

i wil also look into save/load myself sometime next week for evryone else.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Gwahahahaha! Good one, bullshock

Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 01:56
Quote: "I belive that Riker 9 is a big PRACTICAL JOKE!!!
And the reason for it is to calm down all angry FPSC owners, that had been promised Savegame a long time ago!"

Not another conspiracy theorist.

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 02:22
Yeah, all we need now id CJ to complain about the licencing to get ANOTHER thread locked.

-This...is my boomstick!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 09:19
that will be the 3th or something?

well NVM with that,

nice joke cellbloc...my little brother was crying when he found out it was a joke(he uses FPSC too and waited also for this)NOT that i care about my little brother,i HATE him...

(its not old yet)
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 11:39
Tom0001! Youre nothing but a triple zero... I really wourld love to see Your games. (LOL!) You are propably only 15 or something, and I think You shourld open Your mouth when You are at least 20 something! YOU are the noob that are waiting for a patch that dosnt exist! My Load and Savegame Menu Is almost ready (It works) . But You will be the only one that wont get Menu Extreme, because I dont like You!
You stupied kid You really belived in Riker 9!!! The only thing You can use it for is to play Your own games on Your own computer!!!
With Menu Extreme You can sell Your games with Load & Save!
You really are stupied!
NEWBIE!!!!!

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 15:27
MR love,
do YOU have proof your's isnt a joke?
and if YOURS isnt like a "patch that doesnt excist"?

SHOW US THE PROOF!

(its not old yet)
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 16:14
Mr. Love,
I have two questions for you.
1. Where is your amazing save/load thing?
2. Just how many times have you dropped the soap in the shower?

It seems to be that you are going out of your way to instigate trouble with the members of this forum.If you have something to contribute or something important to say that's fine.
Intentionally irking people,especially Cellbloc,is not helping anybody and it needs to stop.
While you were rambling on about your greatness and insulting Cellbloc did you look at the DBPro forums.If you had you would have known that Cellbloc is working on the FPSC soruce code and Riker 9 and he is doing it with the full cooperation of the devs at FPSC.
I hope you can contribute to the community.You might want to start by being nice to people who are going out of their way to do things for us and not charging a damn thing.
Even if Cellbloc never releases Riker 9 his contributions to the FPSC communtiy cannot be argued with.He has posted a lot of valuable input on a wide variety of things.
If this is your way of saying thanks you really suck at it.

FLA
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 16:37
No I dont. But I havnt been been talking for a year on My own thread "Menu Extreme" eather! I have also noticed that there is no intrest for it here so I better not make it free for the fpsc users. So now it dosnt matter, does it? but there is no reson why I shourldnt use M.E in My own games...
By the way Tom0001 seems to have humor like a retarded!!! (poor Guy)
To use Menu Extreme You need Darkbasic, maybe thats a reason for the lack of intrest. Its just a simple exe-executor! It dosnt do other things then save and load Your levels.....

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 21:07
Mr Love, I completely believe you've got this Menu Extreme, since A number of us came up with this solution. Just write an external application which loads the level wanted. I've written such an application too, it's quite easy, but it has a number of problems imo.

For about every new game, you have to write a new 'Menu Extreme', at least that's the easiest thing to do. Also you do have to compile each FPSC level into a exe and I really don't like that. I ended up with a huge game, while compiling all into one exe gives me a releatively small game.

It's workable, but for me the shortcomings are too much at the moment, I'd rather be able to just simply change to any desired level from with FPSC, preferable from script that can be attached to the triggerzone and can be used in any level desired. Much less hassle, much less work, much faster.

But.... if no one comes up with something FPSC internal, I may need to fall back on my own 'Menu Extreme'.

Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2006 21:50 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2006 21:58
@Mr. Love,
Dumbass, I AM 14. I'm not retarded obviously. Well, just how old are YOU?! Where the hell is YOUR proof that your Menu Extreme thing really exists? Do you HONESTLY think I care about your Menu Extreme? What in the hell makes you think I want to sell my games? What suggests I am a n00b. What the hell? I just read through this thread and I haven't insulted you one bit, what the hell is wrong with you? I don't mean to start fights, but sometimes things slip out, if you can't accept that, it's your problem, Mr. Love, not mine. I would gladly make up and be friends instead of enemies if people would give the chance, but some people are just not like that.

Tom

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 02:18
Quote: "For about every new game, you have to write a new 'Menu Extreme', at least that's the easiest thing to do. Also you do have to compile each FPSC level into a exe and I really don't like that. I ended up with a huge game, while compiling all into one exe gives me a releatively small game."

What the HELL? LOL OL OL OL OL OL... can't stop laughing... ol ol ol ol ol...

still smirking, I worked on this a long time ago, did I finish? No, mainly when working to get a read write system working I realized that no one cared, even if I put the save load in, no one cared. I released it as MenuMonster, and no one gave a damn. Even though it is signifigantly easier to use then FPSC Scripts (except for text) it was ignored, and never cared about. But either way...

You only need to change the file name of the level, you don't need 20 different exes. Just make it 1 big exe, edit setup.ini to say you only have 1 level, and when fpsc exits change the name of the next level to level1.zip. (also delete the folder testgame)

We all have our inner noob.
Join the NJL: We have MORE fun!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 14:19
My goodness, that's even more work..... and a lot of routines. I'm not sure if that would be a quicker way the my suggestion.

I remember MenuMonster vaguely.... downloaded it, don't know what it did, but I remember it looked terrible.

Anyway, from within FPSC is still the best solution, I'm hoping CB will do something about I this way.

OnePost, I'm still waiting for your solution, it was so easy to you claimed 5 or 6 days ago.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 14:38
I wouldnt ever use a third park external save/load feature. I would much more have the load and save inside the games, like every other game.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 17:45
Yes, there is only "1" EXE that reads in all the other related levels as you progress.

And as I have stated many times, MultiPlayer *HAS* been stripped out to get the code in a more stable states (also it has been broken up into 88 different include files at last count!).

I have no intention on working on MultiPlayer until I get my bot system stable.

-This...is my boomstick!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 17:53
Cellbloc, I dont care about multiplayer for now. As long as you have save/load, thats all I care about.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
so how close are you finished with riker9 cellblock?! i cant wait anymore!!! so how dose the flashlight look? can you post an image if you can

Silent Hill
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 20:03
Liz, can I be nice and let you know that you spell does the wrong way, its not dose, its does.

Dose: a measured portion of medicine taken at any one time

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 20:42
@Lizblizz:

I will see about posting a flashlight image.

-This...is my boomstick!
Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry im in a rush higgins!

and plz sell block i want to see one...do it for me plz i want to see how it looks like! hopefuly not like that stupid game halflifes flashlight oh my god that game gives me headacks migrains arrhhh!

well plz post a pic if you can

Silent Hill
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 22:29
Try that entire post again but in english if you can please.

Thanks!

-This...is my boomstick!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2006 22:34
Shes talking about a flash light. She wants to have a light scource, so it lights up dark areas. I think she means a model of a flash light to be shown, like the guns, but when you use it, it shines a light.

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
no! just the light how the lights from a flashlight looks in the dark here how!

Silent Hill

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
What game is that, Lizblizz? It looks....interesting,

Tom

Lizblizz
Years of Service
User Offline
no its not a game...i drew it it would be a cool game hmmm that gives me a idea! after i complete lucid nightmare 1. ill start maybe a horror stick fps game maybe you can have the pic if you want tom

Silent Hill
yourstruly pyro
Years of Service
User Offline
Is Riker 9 Out and If it Is where can i get it?
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2006 01:08

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 09:37:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 09:37:41