Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / CodeSurge -- DarkBASIC Professional IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 03:38
@Powersoft,
Not sure what's causing the problem. But the dbpro file you have there opens just fine with a main source file of "untitled.dba" I tried unsuccessfully to try to reproduce the error.

@Chenak,
And what does that have to do with CodeSurge?

Good performance is better than a good excuse.
CodeSurge -- DBP Editor for serious programmers.
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 14:51
Oh, nevermind, it was the dbp keyword description that was wrong o.o. Sorry
FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
I'm getting problems with creating new projects.

I create them ('new project' from menu) then go to save it but I either get a file IO error or a range check error.

When I goto load it I get a 'Could not load project file, it may be corrupt'"

when you have a problem like that , open the .dbpro file on Notepad on something , and check that the file is corrputed on the include section , sometimes appears an untitled.dba instead of your .dba file
Hope you can understand what i wrote , my english isnt too good.
cheers
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 19:23
Think it might be it's trying to open a source file that doesn't exist hyric' perhaps if you have the option to save the project and source file at the same time?

The Innuendo's, 4 Piece Indie Rock Band
http://theinnuendos.tk:::http://myspace.com/theinnuendosrock
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 14:51
I noticed a severe bug in Codesurge. Sometimes I'd be debugging a program, and rem out or delete a block of code, but when I press F5 the program runs as if the code was still there! Reopening codesurge solves this problem.

You never really know a person until you look at their google autocomplete entries.
SageTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 04:49
hey hyrichter,

I just got all my programs over to vista, but unfortunately, of all the programs that could have given me a problem, this one did! Everything works fine, it is just incredibly laggy. Much appreciated if you can fix this, as I refuse to use any other IDE! Thanks,

Jase

Battle Legacy: Online Third Person Shooter
Look for it on the WIP Board!
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 14:11 Edited at: 28th Jun 2007 14:12
Right click on The shortcut or application and select properties
select the compatibility tab
then put a check mark (by clicking on it) on "Disable Desktop Composition"

You menu lag will go away. I had the same problem and I believe someone mentioned it earlier in this thread.

Making nothing for the forth straight year.

Alsan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 18:43
I just moved to CodeSurge because of the bad save function in the default IDE. It's great. ^^

The only thing I miss: Line Concatenation. I know that there is the Word Wrap feature, but I want to break lines where I want them to break and not where my display ends (weird sentence).

So, are there plans to integrate this into CodeSurge? I guess it's not that hard compared to some of the other neat features which CodeSurge has.

(Sorry if that's been discussed before, I used the search thingy.)

I'm 15 years and from Germany - Sorry for the English!
Visit my Forum [German]: www.jaf.de.hm
FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
if its ok to request functionality , i would request the best feature of BlueIde2 , 'Go to Definition'.
So , you select with the cursor some function or label , and then right click->Go to definition , and the editor shows you the definition of the selected function.
With a keyboard shortcut it will be awesome.
Sorry if this piss you off!
thanks for your work.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 12:32
Hyrichter:
Any thought on setting up a Paypal donation for Code Surge? It's the most used DBP IDE and I think at least a handfull of us would donate a few bucks to you. An idea would be that any feature requested by anyone who have donated $5 or more gets priority.

The feature requested by FERSIS sounds usefull.

[center]
Game development made simple!
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 08:14
Goto Definition is something I have come to love with visual studio. I REALLY like it.

Visit the Wip!
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 10:13
I agree, I use it all the time with Zend,

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 23:29
hyrichter:
I know it's not been very long since your last update but I'm curious about what that will contain.

Here's hoping for a complete function list (from all project files) comming soon

[center]
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 21:32
The next update will probably be a while. I have to focus on my cabinet business right now, and don't have a lot of time for personal programming projects.

The next update should definitely contain a complete function/label list for all your project files. I also hope to have intellisense for commands as well as the parameters. And of course, since so many people want it, it will contain a goto definition feature.

Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 21:37
Cool, although i'd prefer you to fix some bugs, like getting the intellisense to work correctly with everything.

Also, when pressing f1 on some commands it doesn't work properly, i'll try and get a list of which ones don't, it also sometimes depends on if there is an if statment beforehand though.

[Looking for work]
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 17:01
One thing that may help syntax hightlighting: Only highlight commands which have a '(' or ' ' or Newline character after them

Nabil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 03:37 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 04:01
HI.

great job bugfixing! the ctrl+left/right DOES NOW jump to word beginnings! VERY NICE!

one thing you didn't correct:

a gosub label called "functions_error:" or anyother word starting with "function", gets listed in the funcitons list.

"functions_error:" as "s_error:"
"functions_internal:" as "s_internal:"
and so on.

labels within remstart...remend also appear under lables.

clean up the label/type detection as well (check for keyword+#32 "function "/"type "). the problem exists for all 3

i posted on this before.

... still no keyword compleation ...

thanks for disablening include order, but why didn't you add it for the "functions, labels and types" at the code explorer bar ?

btw: did you realize, that the radio buttons are using the WIN95 style set? ...because you placed them onto a TPanel there is a bug with stylinheratence use the JvRadioButton. OR just add it as togglebutton onto the Project Explorer button TToolBar bar. btn-icon:"Abc", btn-hint: "Alphabetized"
Btw: why did you use the TToolBar instead of TJvToolBar (like the main toolbar) - the toolbars have different sizes and styles...if you used the actionlists, it should be piece of cake to "correct" this.
for style keeping, you could also use the JvMenu/JvStatusbar/JvSplitter, as you have used the standart ones.

btw: your splitters have no snapping active....

well anyhow: thanks so far, helped a lot!

-Nabil/BananaAcid- The Banana has you...?!
Nabil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 03:48
.... 2nd:

after undoing all changes, on closing the dba file, CS recognises the original state and does not ask to save. thats ok so far.

but there is no indicator for having all steps undone.
usually the backbutton is disabled and, sice you color the close-X in red, it should be set back to black, so any1 knows that all changes are undone.

i found myself clicking like stupid on that back button and still closing and reopening it, just to make sure.

Nabil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 04:05
if you need help with any implementation (synEdit wordcompleation etc), i can help you. no i don't mean taking your project, but telling you how to do it yourself. those advanced "looking" features help coding a lot and takes a few minutes to add them and make them work. (drag-n-drop components, check out your GUI tool bar)

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 07:41
Oolite, I do plan on bug fixes as well. I was just mentioning features I'd like to get in there as well.

@Nabil,
Thanks for the bug reports/suggestions. But umm, why are you so obsessed with the way I program stuff? I guess the easiest answer to your questions is that I just use what works. I also use my computer in Windows classic mode, so any bugs related to WinXP styles aren't readily noticed by me.

Quote: "if you need help with any implementation (synEdit wordcompleation etc), i can help you"

Thanks for the offer, but I'm more than capable of doing it myself. Biggest problem I have is just not enough time to do everything I want to do.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 01:32
Hyrichter:
Looking forward to the next update, although it might take a while. Again, I sugest you setting up a donation. It probably won't pay a lot at the moment but extra cash might make it more fun to find time for CodeSurge. As you add more requested features I'm sure more are willing to make a donation.

[center]
Humanoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2007 22:21
hmm, weird. works fine, put when re-install windows and not work anymore. Something change. Put not sure what :S

Suomi Finland PERKELE!
<AMD athlon 64 3000+> <Asus A8N-E nForce4 ultra> <GF6600LE PCI-E> <1GB ram> if not understant my writing, maybe someday i learn perfect english.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 16:25
@Digital Awakening,
Yes, I know I need a CodeSurge website, and that's in the works. I guess I may as well set up a Paypal donation with it, too, if people are willing to make donations. Wouldn't bother me at all.

@Humanoid,
What exactly does it do or not do? Any error message?

Humanoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 07:33
i have now HP photosmart 2575 printer installed pc, last time i havent printer and you fix that problem. Only re-install windows and plug-in printer and now not works. I dont know what happen :S

Suomi Finland PERKELE!
<AMD athlon 64 3000+> <Asus A8N-E nForce4 ultra> <GF6600LE PCI-E> <1GB ram> if not understant my writing, maybe someday i learn perfect english.
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 19:27
hyrichter, will that compiling-the-wrong-source bug be fixed next version or some time soon? I might have to switch to the default IDE again it's giving me so much trouble.

This sig has been viewed times.
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 21:10
Umm, what compiling-the-wrong-source bug? Please explain.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 21:44 Edited at: 17th Jul 2007 21:46
When editing source files (not the main one), codesurge sometimes doesn't seem to know that you've editied the file unless you manually save it. If you try to compile the program without saving the source first, it will send the old source to the compilier. When I use the auto save on compile I still get this problem.

It gave me a lot of headaches before I realized manually saving it fixes the problem. But it's kind of annoying because when I forget to press Ctrl-S it can mean a debugging session. It doesn't 'forget' to update the source every time though, just some of the time.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 21:56
@Hyrichter:

I'm sure you've heard about this one before, but when I'm writing my code in the editor, it slows down by a significant amount when I begin to write lines that contain something as brackets. In the start I thought I had read something about the syntax box was the problem, so I tried disabling it from the editor options. But it really hasn't helped. In lines such as this:

when I start to write the object position part, it slows down so much that is doesn't even update the screen before I stop writing:S I can tell you that it has deffinately nothing to do with my system. I'm running Windows XP on a machine with 2GB ram, a 4400+ AMD Athlon X2 with a Radeon x1800RX 256MB GDDR3 Ram.

Just thought I would come by and notice you about it. But something tells me that you have heard this one before hehe.

Cheers.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 22:26
Hmm, didn't realize there was still a problem with that(source compiling). I'll definitely look into it.

@The Nerd,
Looks like I need to do some more optimizations with brackets. The source control had a very inefficient way of doing it, and I've been trying to improve it.

The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 22:33
Quote: "The source control had a very inefficient way of doing it, and I've been trying to improve it."

Yeah I thought I read that somewhere Good luck with that one, hehe.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 14:25 Edited at: 19th Jul 2007 14:29
Hyrchter:
Because I'm working on a program and not a game I often multitask between CodeSurge and my program. When I run the compilation and forget to close down my program (still happens quite often) I end up with 2 .tmp files and a .pck file in my program folder. I get another 2 .tmp files every time and I end up with a lot of them sometimes. It would be nice if CS cleaned up these.

Actually, a retry button wouldn't hurt, say CS make a temp .exe file and if I close down my program and click on retry CS simply replaces the old .exe with the temp one. Would save on compile time. I'm at 3732 lines on the main source and will pass 5000 and maybe 6000 when I integrate my two sub programs into the main one. Clicking on cansel instead simply deletes the temp one.

BTW, is the _Temp.dbsource file of any use? If so then an option to have CS not output it would be nice, one file less to bother with.

[center]
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2007 23:30 Edited at: 24th Jul 2007 23:30
When I change the Build Type of my application from "Normal Executable" to "Executable with Media" CodeSurge alters my dbpro file and gives me an I/O error on compile.

It changed my dbpro from from this:

To this

http://3dfolio.com
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 11:09 Edited at: 1st Aug 2007 11:09
Just found a slightly weird bug with the CodeSense (then again it may be me, but hey )

It doesn't seem to highlight the 'as' in my TYPE decleration, not a mjor problem just weird

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 13:00
Here's another request: Global find & replace

I've been doing some massive renaming of variables etc and I got 8 .dba files to go through.

It would be nice if I could specify what files I want to scan trhough, like a list of all the files with ceckboxes and select/deselect all buttons.

[center]
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 14:32 Edited at: 1st Aug 2007 14:33
Also another little bug, not sure if you're aware of it or not:

Labels being flagged even though they are in comments. (eg "Author:")

Attachments

Login to view attachments
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 17:09
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't posted much in the way of an update for so long. Been too busy with other things in life, as usual. However, over the weekend, I should make some good progress toward having another update ready. I'm aware of most all the bugs you guys have posted, but I just need the time/motivation to get them fixed.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2007 19:36 Edited at: 1st Aug 2007 20:42
Haha, no worries. The software works fine for me and they are more pedantic bugs than anything else just wanted to let you know

Keep up the great work (when you have time!)

Rich

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 11:10
My biggest problem is the slow-down caused by long lines with brackets. Also, long lines are when I need the bracket feature most!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 22:16
Here's quite a serious bug, I think it's in CS anyway:

When I get a: "Runtime Error 300 - Unknown spire error at line ####" CS doesn't mark the line.

I've had this problem for quite some time but I've never thought about reporting it for some unknown reason. Since I get a line error CS should be able to find it right? It's quite annoying to work out what line it is with all the functions I got.

Another bug:
TO is not colour coded in a FOR statement.

[center]
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2007 23:08
Another one:
CS doesn't seem to recognice any word typed before SPRITE. "set sprite frame" becomes "sprite frame()" and "paste sprite" etc becomes "sprite". They are propperly colour coded but the tooltip is wrong.

[center]
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 12:05
Heh, I keep posting points like there is no tomorrow!

Do you think you could make the help window not be an MDI child of CS to enable us not to have it top-most and have to minimise it to work. I know it makes less clutter as you have less windows but I like to be able not to have to have it as an MDI child.

No other bugs at this stage

cheers,
Rich

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 12:25
I agree with Rich, it would be nice if the help window was external. Now I just close it down as soon as I'm done.

[center]
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2007 15:36
When in fact it would be nice to have it 'hang around'.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2007 20:44
Dunno if anyone's mentioned this but you can include the same source files multiple times forcing you to manually remove the entries from the .dbpro file else you get errors.

Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 20:01
What would save a TON of time, is if there was an checkmark box like "Debug mode" that lets find and find & replace search in all files. I currently have to click on every source file when renaming variables.

Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to the next version of codesurge.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2007 21:19
Found a nice bug, this is rather cool. I you have multiple CS windows open and you compile your project. If you get an Array Subscript error or similar the code naturally crashes but CS highlights line 51, for example, in each of the CS windows. Also, it seems to highlight the wrong line occasionaly as well.

That said it's still a great IDE.

Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2007 23:10 Edited at: 6th Aug 2007 23:13
F1 help only works on the last word of a command.

For example, the F1 help entry for GLUE OBJECT TO LIMB will only display if the cursor is on top of LIMB.

This can also become a problem if there are overlapping commands like Make Object/Make Object Box.

CodeSurge does not alert me if I have altered one of the project file externally and can wreak havoc on a project if the same file is open in multiple instances of the IDE. Notepad++ has a neat feature that alerts you if a file in the current project has been removed or modified and asks if you want to reload the current file with the new version.

This check is always done when Notepad++ receives focus.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 03:29
I really would love to have a "search in files" feature, just like delphi. It's faster when you separate your code in modules.

May the 3d force B with U
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Please either correct "save on compile" to save *before* compiling or change it to read "save after compile", although I see no use for it in this case.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 07:07
mmm, just downloaded CodeSurge yesterday and I love it. I had downloaded a previous build a while ago, but everything seems just right to me. It even makes me feel better about programming in Dark Basic Professional, it's just, well, more professional.
Keep up the good work Hyrum.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:10:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:10:50