Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Manuel

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:47
That cake seems rather dangerous...

Happy B'day Andrew, keep up the good work!

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 14:55
Thanks. I'm going to force myself now to do enough work that I will have reason to post a new screen later today. That's the plan anyway...

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 18:00
Well, having though about it, there is nothing visually different so there is no point in giving a screen. But I have done some work, honest! I have added 1000-1500 lines of code since my last post and my main menu/cutscene engine and my game engine are now combined. That means I have the main menu (complete), opening cutscene (complete) and tutorial level (in progress) all working together nicely.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 20:08
Holy snap, your really progressing!

But I still didn't get that e-mail

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 12:46
Thanks. Bah! I will find a way! Maybe...

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 18:37
Well today I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit.

As far as Manuel is concerned I have fixed all the bugs that I am aware of and added my idea. The level is split into rooms and only the one you are in is visible at the time. When you pass through a door the old room is hidden and the new one is shown with 0 loading time. It works really well so far. Yay!

I have also started learning C++. I already knew quite a bit of C which helped a bit but not a lot. I made my first simple dll for use with DBP and I am planning on making all my multiple project functions into dlls as well.

I have also started some new projects. You idiot you may be thinking and you are probably right but I only started them because I have had some very good ideas. Manuel will still take priority but I have also started an TBS (turn based strategy), an RTSRPFPS (real time strategy role playing first person shooter), a sport game and an MORPG (multiplayer online role playing game). For the RTSRPFPS I have made a pretty cool menu and an awesome soundtrack. Well in my opinion. It is the first time I have added post effects using sound editing software and it sounds pretty cool.

More news on all soon.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 18:44
Andrew, your almost as project crazy as me. Trust me, don't go through with it

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 18:50
I think I can handle it. I'm going to do 3 days a week on Manuel and one day on each of the others. If it proves too much then I will drop some for the time being and pick them up when Manuel is finished.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 07:46
i also got like,27 things to finish still

FPSC-Toolkit in the make.Progress log:
FPSC-Segments 35%---FPSC-Entity 's 0%---FPSC-Signs 0%
FPSC-Decals 0%---FPSC Characters 0%
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 12:41
I've now added atmosphere to the room change system. Basically this means each room can have a different set up for fog ambient light and all lights 0-7. I know I am going to regret this but I reckon the demo will be ready by the end of the month latest.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 20:51 Edited at: 4th Sep 2006 20:58
Just testing sig.[Edit]Again[/Edit]

[href][url=http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86078&b=8&p=0][/href]
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 20:59
Damn it! What is the code to make an image a hyperlink? Why couldn't the forum just use HTML!

[href][url=http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86078&b=8&p=0][/href]
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 22:20 Edited at: 4th Sep 2006 22:21
Lawl, I'll show you 1 sec..

ok

[ url =THREAD-HTTP][ IMG ]PICTURE-HTTP[/IMG][ /url ]

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 13:52
I though I tried that! I'll try again! Thanks.

Here is a new vid showing off the room system. Apologies for poor video quality and slowdown during the cutscene (which I skipped through quickly so don't expect to be able to read it).
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n304/andrewneale2004/?action=view¤t=manuelroomchanges.flv

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 21:36
Holy f***!! How have I not seen this thread?

Looks amazing Andrew, all very impressive. I'll definitly be following this from now on.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 20:00
Thanks! Back to college now so working time has decreased but I'm still hoping for the demo to be out by October.

Flindiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 21:07
Whoo! Cool vid! I like the wall running...can't wait to see that at proper FPS. Great jorb!

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 21:36
Wow, this is really getting better and better! Awesome cutscenes!

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 21:48

There are three types of people, those that can count and those that can't.
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW!
This has come along since last time I checked, keep up the good work.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 13:09
@All - Thanks!

@zzz - Ta! Means a lot to me having seen your amazing project! Was that sarcasm about cutscenes? The first one is fairly dull as it is mostly speech to let you know the story and how to play. Later ones will be more active and will make use of the game engine more to include combat and acrobatics in the cutscene.

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 17:18
Quote: "Was that sarcasm about cutscenes?"

Wot?! Certainly not! I love those cutscenes! That professor-dude is so !

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2006 17:36
Ok! Thanks! I've now added the manditory (is that spelt right) look feature. Basically, hold down thte middle mouse button and the camera zooms in to first-person view so you can get a better view of your surroundings. Not much but certainly very useful. I'm still thinking about poles (vertical for climbing, horizontal for swinging) and ropes (swinging). I'm sure I can do them but I'm trying to think of the best way to do them. If I made interaction zones and then check if the player is within them then that would be easy but annoying to setup each level. At the moment the level don't need that sort of thing, everthing is worked out by the level geometry.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 01:59
Loving the new video matey, can't wait to see more of this, tis a top quality project.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2006 16:19
Thanks. I'm going to attempt to take this project into overdrive and ignore college as much as possible for the week leading up to the convention so hopefully there will be some more progress.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2006 17:50
As I expected, my first attempt at rushing stuff resulted in me having to delete all the code I added! Grr! So I guess slow and steady wins the race.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2006 21:49
Hi again all! After showing this at the convention and people generally thinking it was pretty good I am renewed with confidence and motivation. Back to work!

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 14:49
wayhay! go Andrew!!

____ ____ ____ ___ _ _ __ _ _ __ _ _ ____
|___ |--< |--| /__ Y | \| | | \| ___| |--|
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2006 21:05 Edited at: 19th Sep 2006 21:08
Quote: "Hi again all! After showing this at the convention and people generally thinking it was pretty good I am renewed with confidence and motivation. Back to work!"

Arr! by the ghost of Davey Jones, I'll skin ye if ye don't!!!

[yar]EDIT[yar] ...

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2006 18:26
Thanks. Due to college I am finding it hard to find time to work on anything but rest assured I will update this thread with anything new.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 18:41
I'm starting to struggle to see how this game will be fun after the first few wall runs. I'm not sure what it is about Prince Of Persia that makes it work so well. Any ideas?

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2006 20:36
Combat and cool cutscenes... and most definetly the brainracking timed puzzles to solve.

headcrab 53
Years of Service
User Offline
How obvious is it where you have to go? Alot of times on Prince of Persia it isn't very obvious which way to go. POP also has alot of traps like sawblades that you'd have to wall run past without getting killed.

This is looking great. I really hope that you keep going with this game.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2006 18:00
Quote: "This is looking great. I really hope that you keep going with this game."

Thanks!

Quote: "How obvious is it where you have to go?"

Well there is a first person feature so you can look around and I'm planning on doing the game sort of in small bursts. For example, you'll be in a large room and to get to the other side you may have to wall run, spring off, run a bit and then jump a gap. You will then have a chance to stop and look at the way ahead before going on.

Quote: "Combat and cool cutscenes... and most definetly the brainracking timed puzzles to solve."

Combat I can do. Cool cutscenes will be tricky as they will have to be in the game engine and I am no 3D artist. Puzzles I will have to give some though to.

I really do want to do work on this but I am finding it so hard to find any time. As those of you who saw my Tutopia thread will know, I tend to make games for family as birthday presents and both my mum's and one of my sister's birthdays are coming up so focussing on them at the moment. College is also keeping me busy but I will find time. I will!

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2006 22:05
Heh, you're always so busy Andrew.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2006 17:38
I know; it sucks! I'm now helping someone make a LOTR game so I'm even shorter on time! Why do I do this to myself! Lol!

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 20:48
I reckon this game needs a level editor. I'm going to spend some time designing it this time so I don't end up making loads of level editors from not doing it right first time. If this thread dies during that time then I'll start a new one.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 21:08
I won't let it die.

Yay for level editors.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2006 21:20 Edited at: 11th Oct 2006 21:20
Thanks. I love making level editors; its what I'm best at. The only problem is that I'll make one and then think of a new feature that would be great and restart and the cycle continues. Hence I shall bother to design this one properly.

Have a pic to show that I am doing stuff still.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 22:07
Anyone look? Oh well. I've decided where I am going with this game now. As soon as I get the birthday game out the way I will update here.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 22:19
It looks great (the screenies)...

Don't give up. This happenes to my God of Time alot... lol

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2006 23:23
Ahh!!!! What's with the name change?!? you sound like a n00b now!!!

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2006 17:23
@Xenocythe - Thanks. The pics on the left are from the birthday present game and on the right are screens from the LOTR game I've started to help someone make. Oh! Damn! Just remebered I was supposed to add drums to your battle music! Sorry! I'll try and do it as soon as possible unless you have already done it.
@Bizar Guy - Yeah I was messing around having discovered 'Pure Pwnage'. Besides, you know me well enough to know I'm not.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 03:56
lol, no I haven't done it, but if you are ever bored then if you don't mind could you give it a try? I'm thinknig heavy bass drum

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2006 16:30
Piccies look good Andr... uh... TEH_CODERER! I like the shot of the knight with the sun in the background.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 18:18
@Xenocythe - I will definately try to find the time. I said I would do the music for you and I've taken ages to produce something not even that good. Sorry.

@Crazy Ninja - Thanks. The knight is only a placeholder. I'm coding that game for someone with a team, I believe, of about 10 artists so it should look better then.

@All - My sister's birthday is on Monday so work will stop on that game and return to this and the LOTR game then.

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2006 22:22
Hey- it's ok. You pulled something amazing off that I couldn't even amount to, so all I can do is be thankful and wait.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2006 21:27
@Xenocythe - Thanks.

@All - I finished the birthday game! Back to work! If anyone is interested I can upload the game for you lot to try.

Crazy Ninja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 05:00
Upload please. I kinda guessed the model was since i have it too but it still looks nice.

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2006 17:57 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2006 18:10
Sorry, I tried to upload it but as is normally the case with the phenomenally useless upload system on this site it failed! I'll try to find an external host as soon as possible.

[Edit]
OK. FileFront to the rescue! Don't expect too much as it hasn't been in development that long. Check it out here:
http://files.filefront.com/LITEZrar/;6060495;;/fileinfo.html
[/Edit]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:23:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:23:30