Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [STICKY] CodeSurge -- DarkBASIC Professional IDE v1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 22:55
the helpwindow seems to open (click sound)
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 22:57
i want to delete the whole configuration
Anonymous User
Years of Service
User Offline
No need to multiple post like the Master Xilo. If you look where the codesurge.exe file is stored there should be a file called "cssettings.ini". If you delete that then the window should reset itself.

???
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 23:58
Quote: "No need to multiple post like the Master Xilo. If you look where the codesurge.exe file is stored there should be a file called "cssettings.ini". If you delete that then the window should reset itself."

Sorry for posting so many times, but I've already deleted the "cssettings.ini" file and nothing happened.
Anonymous User
Years of Service
User Offline
Well then it's a bug, either with vista or codesurge.

???
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 15:03
Did you delete cssettings.ini with CodeSurge opened or closed? If CS was still opened when you deleted it, it would just recreate it with your botched up settings when you exit. That's the only reason I can think of why it wouldn't revert to default settings.

I'll make a note to have a menu item somewhere to revert to default settings for times like this.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style. (And save the kittens!)
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 15:35 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 15:37
i deleted it while cs was closed. Anyway, everytime I start it, it has the same settings

EDIT: it doesn't even recreate a settings ini file
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 23:15
Did you try just reinstalling?

Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 09:30
Quote: "EDIT: it doesn't even recreate a settings ini file"

Then are you sure you are using the right .exe? If you're using a shortcut to open CS, try rightclicking it and select properties. Then look at the destination.

It's the programmer's life:
Have a problem, solve the problem, and have a new problem to solve.
wschramm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 20:12 Edited at: 12th Mar 2008 00:09
Ok here is a weird one, I installed Barnski's Plugin for Winsock and code surge started throwing access violations on startup and loading any file. I removed the winsock keywords file and everything worked alright, then put it back and the violations came back. Maybe you can look at the keyword file and see if there is something that is causing this.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 21:01
That is strange. I'll take a look at it tonight and see why it would be doing that.

CodeSurge
Version 1.0 finally released! Code your DBP projects in style. (And save the kittens!)
The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Whats the best way to install codesurge?

The admiral
Sid Sinister
Years of Service
User Offline
You don't install it, you just run it. As long as the directory's are all correct and pointed to correctly from CodeSurge, you shouldn't have a problem executing your program.

Also, has anyone experience menu lag in CodeSurge itself while running Windows Vista? Everything for the File/Edit menu to even the right click menu lags terribly when trying to move to a button. I'll make a video if you'd like to see it. Anyone else having the same issue?

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - Isaac Newton
-Computer Animation Major @Baker.edu-
wschramm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2008 18:27 Edited at: 17th Mar 2008 18:28
Quote: " "Right-click on Codesurge and go to the compatibility tab. Check the box that says "Desktop Composition". It's not the greatest fix, but it works."
"

This fixed the menu lag for me, only fix I think at the moment.

Sid Sinister
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, yeah that did it. Thank you

"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants" - Isaac Newton
-Computer Animation Major @Baker.edu-
JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 07:53
Hyrichter,
I am having a problem with CodeSurge that has prevented me from using it. Am running Windows Vista Home premium on a new, well Equipped Fujitsu that has an ATI RADEON X2600 mobility card with 1GB video Ram, modded with the latest drivers.

The problem in mention is that the ide has a very long delay when showing the menu items. It is reaaaaally long. If I hover on a menu, and change, I have to wait for the IDE to "list" the menu items. The response time after the click on a menu item is also very long.
I took a video capture of the problem in action. In the video I hover, change menu and finally click on file-open. You can see the delay in action. The capture is reduced in quality for the purpose of being uploadable, but you can get the idea.

Thanks,

JD

May the 3d force B with U

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wschramm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 08:17 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 08:18
@hyrichter
Got time to trouble shoot Barnski's Plugin for Winsock keyword file. not sure what it means but I removed line by line till the access violations in codesurge went away. Not sure why but the following line when added back to the keyword file cause codesurge to crash with access violations when ran

@JDforce
Quote: " "Right-click on Codesurge and go to the compatibility tab. Check the box that says "Desktop Composition". It's not the greatest fix, but it works."
"

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 16:52 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2008 16:59
@hyrichter
Could you make it so that if an include file doesn't exist when you compile, it gives a useful error message instead of 'I/O Error 103'

Also, it would be cool if you made it so that it would accept URLs from the keywords file. (The help for one of my plugins is in a wiki, online, and I can't find a way to open it when you press F1 on one of the commands) The problem is that you always prefix it with 'file://' and then the dbp root directory. Could you make it check if it begins with 'http://' and only if it doesn't add the normal prefix

Edit:
One more thing, could you make it so that when you put square brackets in the keyword file for overloaded functions, it puts each one on a new line, like it does at the moment, but also removes the brackets. They make commands look a bit like functions at the moment.

JDforce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 17:40
wschram,
I was using vista with composition disabled, meaning Aero disabled, so I assumed it should work. It didn't.
The fix then is to disable composition for this specific shortcut regardless of vista using Aero or not. That is new for me, because using vista in basic or classic mode (it is, aero disabled) supposedly disables DWM, which in turn disables desktop composition.
Anyway, clicking on the shortcut's dc option did it. Thanks.

May the 3d force B with U
mr_d
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 06:34
Diggsey:
Quote: "The problem is that you always prefix it with 'file://' and then the dbp root directory"

Have you tried creating an internet shortcut file in the directory that points to your wiki, and then the help system can call this?
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 02:16
@hyrichter

What I'd really like to see is when you create a new project you get the option to create you project directory in the same way the current IDE does.

Also I create a lot of small projects and it would be handy to create a project from a base template. It could copy a directory structure including subdirectories for media etc and also a project file.

Lastly the ability to create a project backup each time you open the project would be nice. A backup location could be added to the preferences, and the project could be backed up there with an incremental version number or date as part of the directory name. You could then give an option to restore a previous version if needed.

I'll be asking for the moon on a stick next!

Best DBPro IDE by a country mile BTW

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 09:23
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 22:54
Hyrichter,

Is there any chance of a find/search and replace in all files feature? I know I can search the entire project by opening the _Temp.dbsource file but it can be quite time consuming with my project's 30+ include files.

White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 00:18
Hyrichter, you are a genius i'm so happy i decided to look at this

I'm a noob help will be accepted
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 14:06
I might come back to CodeSurge if you post the new Vista compatible version...
(Yes, I saw your post in Geek Culture )

ZKAT8IT
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I found another bug. It's in the tooltip for the commands. When you type out "Rotate Object Objects(x,y),90,0,0" or anything using a multi-dimensional array the tooltip registers the ","'s inside the array as the next parameter for the function. So before you reach the end of the command parameters the tooltip is gone.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2008 11:53 Edited at: 1st May 2008 12:50
Mine Synergy Editor expired too. That sucks! Need to try CodeSurge now.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, DirectX10, DBPro 6.7
Marco A G Pinto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 12:56
Hello!!!

It is Marco from Portugal!

I have tried CodeSurge and it is very good, but I found two things that could be improved:
a) While searching for text, if no text is found, it should open a
window saying that "No occurences found" for example.

b) The .DBPRO file, in the part of the media, it stores the full
path. The IDE should check if the path is the same as the
source and if so, leave the path empty.

Great IDE!

Kind regard,
Alsan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 14:05
Hiho!

How are things going, hyrichter? Any news concerning an update?

=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 01:36 Edited at: 11th May 2008 01:38
Sometimes when I start up codesurge by loading a project, the "+" signs on the code explorer don't appear. I have to close it down and start it again before it happens

Other than that Codesurge rocks, keep up the good work

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 23:33
@hyrichter,

I'm using CodeSurge 1.1 Build 2, and I can add cursors to a project and reload them. However, when I actually try to change the cursor in code using CHANGE MOUSE to anything other than the first 2 cursors (ie. CHANGE MOUSE 2), the cursor just goes blank (goes invisible) and stays that way.

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 06:31
Hi everyone!

I really haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I'm gearing up to release another update real soon, so please stay tuned! Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I wish I had lots more time to devote to this, but I have to make do with what I've got.

Look for an update soon.

CodeSurge
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 17:20
Well I'm staying tuned...

Can't wait for the Vista compatible version!

Gunslinger
Years of Service
User Offline
A function would be cool, that you can change the color of the functions. (not "all" functions, you know, for every function 1 color - like "sync" = red, "function" = orange or something. Customize)
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 19:15
Is there concatenation support in CodeSurge? If so I haven't been able to track it down.

If not, then this is my feature request.

Alsan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 20:18
Yes, concatenation is the only thing I really miss in Code Surge. :/

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 22:58
Just had an idea, don't know if it's been suggested before though.

How about if you write:
REMSTART
something
REMEND
the text becomes green.

But if you write
REMSTART #FF0000
something
REMEND
the text becomes red.

It would not be a useful feature, but to me, who likes to keep the code clean, it will be possible to let different parts have different color.

For example inside functions I could have blue remarks, while in the loop I could have red and at the start of the code I could use green.

Just a thought.
Anyone else interested in something like this?

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
I like Lukas W's idea...

Only thing I miss in CodeSurge from the default IDE is being able to search the help files. That was always really handy

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 19:32
Quote: "Yes, concatenation is the only thing I really miss in Code Surge"

It's led me to go back to using BlueIDE.

What I really like in CodeSurge is when you have multiple source files, and there's an error on line 362,458 it actually adds up all the lines in order and takes you to the right file and the correct line where the problem is. LOVE that!!

hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 02:29 Edited at: 9th Jun 2008 02:37
Ok, everyone, here's an update finally!

This update mostly fixes just the Windows Vista problem (please Vista users, test it and make sure.) I had to totally gut and redo the menu system, so this had better work.

I also increased the number of "Recent Projects" from 4 to 10. I mainly want to see if this works well on Vista. If it does, then I'll start working on CodeSurge 2. For now, enjoy.

Edit: I should mention, that if for some strange reason this update gives you an error on startup, you may need to delete your cssettings.ini file. Hopefully you won't need to, though.

CodeSurge

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Defrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 02:42
WORKS GREAT IN VISTA NOW... No errors on startup, at least on my system. Thanks for the update.

http://www.dfpc.org
JMS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 02:54
This works great, the menus work flawless.

Keep the updates coming .
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 06:32
Excellent news. I'm happy that you're happy.

CodeSurge
Anonymous User
Years of Service
User Offline
Any spoilers on what codesurge 2 might contain? I can't wait, all of my projects has been coded with codesurge so far.

???
Garzu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 16:30
Hyrichter
Thank you !

The Coding Community

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 12:21 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 12:24
removed
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 12:08
I'd like to see some precompiler support
At the moment it's too much of a hassle to actually use a precompiler, which is a shame because they can make the language many times better!

Btw, I found out that you can customize the toolbar by double-clicking it, which is nice

Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
Curious? CLICK HERE!
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 22:42
I'm using the 9 June version of Codesurge in Vista and it's just not working well for me when I open the Geisha House project. Other smaller projects I didn't notice anything wrong, but the menus are horrible with GH. The source files take forever to open and if I use the menus it will randomly freeze. I've been trying to do a project wide search and replace for almost an hour now for one word.

Come see the WIP!
hyrichter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 03:37
Sorry to hear that, Cash. I still haven't gotten Vista yet (I know, I really should, at least for testing purposes.) If it's just the menus giving trouble, I can create an option to just use the Windows default menus and not try to do any styling of them.

CodeSurge
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 10:12
Hyrichter you are a genious!!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:20:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:20:23