Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / [STICKY] Official FPSC X10 System Requirments

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2010 23:06
hi I got the same thing you've got but not alienware and nvidia but just acer and ATI readon HD5670. and it works just awesome. just try your compayibility mode, to win vista, and download directX10. then it will work great

don't ask untill tried everything
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 00:14
For that issue all i can suggest is to re-install direct X10 otherwise the best place would be the x10 boards to get support there.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9600GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 13:21
Quote: "For that issue all i can suggest is to re-install direct X10 otherwise the best place would be the x10 boards to get support there.
"

dude he did not said he had DX10 he did say he have DX11 so why should he reinstall?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2010 13:44
Well i beleive that unless your using a very new card that does support DirectX11 (which the nvidia 260 does not), the readings are wrong he doesn't have Direct X11 he has X10 or X10.1 its a known bug that Vista and 7 have they show Direct X10.1 (sometimes even just X10) as Direct X11 which is wrong.

A re-install should fix the issue for him. It may well be that a game or antoher application damaged the files and reinstall will start Direct X10 or Direct X10.1 working again.

I know all the cards and what versions they support and he cannot be using Direct X11 as the card doesn't support it. The card you have (biohazardNL) does support direct X11 and that can be your issue as FPS Creator doesnt support Direct X11 and i havnt tested any cards for it as of yet. You need to remove DirectX11 and install 10.1 instead.

All the best

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9600GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
ms2000b
Years of Service
User Offline
tanks for all the help i shall try to do that .
i shall keep you informed.

greets
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
to j.b. aka next.

gonna get a new graphics card moving on from 8800 series.
but limiting to around 100 to 150 tops

and been browsing

which is ultimate all round super frate and a 3d monster?

gtx260 898
hd4870 1gb
9800gtx 1gb

the aim is for a fail safe no problems that can over destroy x10 and the other games

my 8800 works great, but with a full open space with heaps on and levels slows down heaps. till you turn away.
and after hearing some cards never slow then i thought maybe its time to update.

cheers

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 15:02
If you wnat to be fully future proof for a rather long time and money is no issue then i suggest 100% one fo the following cards in order of prefrence (top being the best i recommend).

nvidia GeForce 480GTX
nvidia GeForce 470GTX
ATI Radeon HD 5000 series - all are very good and compare to the nvidia ones above and are a bit cheaper also.
nvidia GeForce 295GTX
nvida GeForce 285GTX
Really any ATI Radeon 4000 range cards are good cards also and cheaper but dont support all of the newest technologies out there now.

Those are the best cards i can recommend if you have loads of money and want truely amazing frame rates on any game. The top 3 all support Direct X11 and therefore are ready to use the latest technologies that aren't even in use by gaem engines yet so you a truely ready for anything.

Note that FPSC X10 is not a way to compare performance as it is not the best of engines and has a FPS limit that makes even the best cards appear the same as one that is lower down. But with other games you will see the benifits pretty quickly.

All the best hope that answers you question.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk, OS installed on solid state drive
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 18:22
why is everybody always talking about Nvidia ?
Everybody know that Nvidia IS DEATH, IS NO MORE.
WILL NEVER HERISE OUT OF THE ASH. Nvidia's cards are not working anymore at all. and does not support DX11.

ati is cheaper, better, 4 times faster then Nvidia.
and I can run with the ATI Readon HD 5670.
140 FPS on one of my games

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2010 21:45
This thread is not for arguments on what company you prefer i'm here to give unbiased advice on what i recommend i say to use a nvidia card over an ATI one as ATI has had issues with FPSC X10 before as well as other games, no other reason. nvidia is a market leader and its products do support DirectX11, you should get your facts right before posting and are not broken as you would suggest and as i use nvida cards on two of my 4 pcs i think i can easily say they do work.

If you wish to discuss what company you like or dislike then go to the Geek Chat boards and talk about it there, and im sure people will be more than happy to discuss it with you, but this board is for FPSC support.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk, OS installed on solid state drive
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you the next for your expert non bias product information. it as helped

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2010 00:46
Sure thing here to help

Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 04:17
Will an nVidia GT 220 work? I have a Windows 7 64 bit, 2.8 Quad core processor and 6gb memory.
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 09:32
yes this will work, I'm not sure if the 64Bit will work but. I defently think that it will work

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 11:51
Yeh it will work 64bit also they both work.

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 14:59
I have an intel chipset card on my laptop.

I ran the tech demo and it ran. I ran X10 games, but with lag.

Abdul Ahad
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 11:28
It may well work like i said on the first post Integrated chip-sets are not supported by myself or TGC. Any issues or lags they cause cannot be solved here as i have no access to testing of these cards.

If the X10 games only just runt hen i dont think FPSC X10 will run at all the editors takes more graphics power than the finished game, as it has to load all the editor effects that may be switched of in the final game.

All the best

See This!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 14:39
Sorry If my question is already answer..

Can I RUN fpscx10 on my PC?

< Windows 7 (32bit), DualCore 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM, Gforce 9500GT (128), DirectX 10.1 >

Please i need your help.. i really like fpscx10 ! It's owesome !
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 23:36
Yeh totally that card is on my other PC and works fine but can be a bit slow at times with large amounts of enemies.

All the best

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 21:19
QUICK NOTE: Hey guy, Nvidia just released the 257.xx drivers! what does this mean? Well these new drivers add a lot more support and bug fixes to the previous revision of drivers 197.xx I was BSODing sometimes with the 197 drivers and FPSC would cause the drivers to not respond. If you use an Nvidia Graphics card go to

[href=http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us[/href]

To download these new drivers. Much more stable.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 23:28
Actually the latest non-beta and there for the recommended version is: 197.45

That was released on 13th of March 2010, it is stable for most users.

This is the beta page for the release you are talking about http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.15-beta.html
That is version 257.15 released 24th of May 2010. It is still in beta stage development at the moment so my advice is unless you have issues stick with 197.45.

deltamanx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 23:32
Right-o, just built myself a new computer.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
8 GB DDR3 1333 (OCZ) RAM
ATi [Sapphire] Radeon HD 5830 1GB (OCed to max)
Phenom II X4 965 BE - Quad Core, 3.4Ghz OC to approx. 3.8Ghz

Works flawlessly.
With Max settings, my frame rate passes 300fps.
In fact it worked so well, FPSC X10 ran lagglessly with 2 copies of Dragon Age: Origins and WoW, all at max settings, on top of that. Of cource my internal temperture did rise to 87oC, but...
It's worth it.
Total cost of my rig? $900
Money goes a long way when you DIY.

ASUS Notebook G50VT Series NViDiA GeForce 9800M GT 512MB Integrated RAMDAC Score? 5.3 (stupid slow hard drive...)
Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
Do I need an X10 direct card or will it work fine whithout one? Is there a secure connection for download? How many files are saved with it? Will it have some preloaded rooms and paints and weapons and people, or will I have to buy/ download the map packs in order to get them? I run on a 32 bit system and I have 197/288 GB left on my computer. I know it'll take up 2 GB of space off of my computer, but will it lag my computer both the program being on and off? This computer is a home/work computer so I need answers to these questions.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 22:40 Edited at: 15th Jun 2010 22:45
Do I need an X10 direct card or will it work fine whithout one? FPSC X10 only works with Direct X10 or X11 cards no other cards will work.

Is there a secure connection for download? Not for FPSC X10 you can only install with the CD at this time.

How many files are saved with it? I don't know what you mean by this question. If you write back and ask again with more on what you mean i can help you out I'm sure.

Will it have some preloaded rooms and paints and weapons and people, or will I have to buy/ download the map packs in order to get them? There are model packs included for free (model packs in FPSC contain Characters, objects, weapons, rooms, scenery and more) and there are extras that are available at http://fpscreator.com if you need more. There are also ready made room designs in the media that is included.

I run on a 32 bit system and I have 197/288 GB left on my computer. I know it'll take up 2 GB of space off of my computer, but will it lag my computer both the program being on and off?
Having a program installed on your PC doesnt lag anything at all it is the processes some run in the background that does the slowing down, as FPSC has no background processes when it isn't open it will cause no speed decreases. When FPSC is open you can expect to see decreases in speed as it is very resource intensive and uses loads of CPU and GPU power. Also please note: FPSC X10 uses a very minimum of 2GB that is without any add-on models and media which can easy take up another 2GB so beware of that if you want to expand your media collection beyond the normal.

All the best with making your game if you buy FPSC X10, hope that answered all your questions.

Mini0013xx
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks. But do you have to use a card at all in order to run FPSC X10, or can I just run the program without it?
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2010 09:28
To your question that is still on approval but that i can still see.

No you MUSt have a graphics card this program even just the editor use a huge amount of GPU power and without a Direct X10 graphics card your PC will just refuse to open it, or just crash at load.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
to the next

i got an hd5850 card but my psu is not good enough. i have searched online for answers as i have a 9500 phenom 2.2 ghz and i have the pci-e slot so all good even enough room.

do all psu connectors give out the same power ie the 20 pin slot to power my narra3 am2+ the same as any other and if it matters. in other words do i have to shop with the limitations to that motherboard? as i have just bought a psu antec truepower blue but it never even lit up and was wondering if it was frying and shutting off due to motherboard unable to cope with power. or was it a freak occurance of a faulty psu.

i believe my boards power is95w its an atx 12v

motherboard id is M2N68-LAHP or compaq name Narra3-GL8E

cheers any info on anything before splashing out on another psu will be appreciated.

science boy

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 00:26
Firstly to get the pin part of the question sorted. Most PSU's use the 20 pin and 4 pin connector setup so that is normal and the Voltage and Wattage that is supplied depends on the actual PSU its self not the amount of pins. In most PSU's the Voltage is 12V which is what your's, and many other motherboard's require that is also not to worry about.

Now on to the part i feel is causing you an issue. I take it by 95W you mean 950W as they don't make 95W PSU's as that wouldn't be enough power even to boot up a PC, so i will make that assumption and continue. If with that PSU you are havign power supply issues there are two things that could be happening. One you could have a damaged PSU, to put this out the equation i suggest sending back the PSU and requesting another if that ones fails also you know its not this the chance of having two faulty PSU in a row is almost zero.
The second thing that could be happening is that your motherboard doesn't support that high wattage if you do have a 950W PSU that is a huge amount of power being delivered and the motherboard may not like that. I know my old PC had a automatic shut off limit to the wattage of the PSU supply. The limit on that motherboard was 500W, i don't know hat it is for yours. But yours may be similar, if this is the case you can either buy a lower Wattage PSU i suggest 500W or a higher spec motherboard, which in the long term would be best.

Really my best advice is to request a replacement PSU then if that fails also get a new motherboard if you have a limit of 500W any future hardware you add in is almost guaranteed to not work, as the power supply needed by new hardware is rapidly increasing.

If you have any more questions, or if i have not made sense somewhere or failed to answer a part of your post. Do write back and i will get right on answering it for you.

I did type this on my portable device so if its hard to read ofr has grammatical mistakes that's why.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
the next again you are a trooper.

it turns out it was the psu was a dud. i had a tp750w blue. and just did nothing, went and got another similar 750w and working a treat along with my hd5850.

the 95w i was referring to was what i believe was the 9500 phenoms individual power through the 4 pin not the mobo, and the phenom 2 power draw was 125w so i was asking in a very random way was did this difference in power to the cpu matter. but it appears not. and after all this it was the psu did not work.

but thank you for this information.

cheers

science boy.

will let you know how the hd5850 performs in x10 if needed?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:28
Yes please i need reports for the new ATI cards.

Glad i could be of some help anyway, hope it all goes well for you.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:32 Edited at: 19th Jun 2010 22:33
By the way Next, 2 Graphics Cards you don't have up there:

nVidia GeForce GT 240 - 100% Compatible

ATi Radeon 4550 - 100% Compatible but lags with character and object shadows enabled.

From what I've seen, the nVidia doesn't have any drop in performance usually .

And I sent you an Email a while ago BTW .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:34
Thanks i'm looking at the email now expect a reply soon and i will add those to the listings.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Dual nvidia SLI 9800GT 1GB, 1.5TB Hard disk
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2010 22:36
Ok schweet .

-SSG

--=. ,=--
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2010 00:51 Edited at: 20th Jun 2010 00:53
ok radeon ati hd5850 100% compatible. although editor is a bit juderry, but in game mode and test mode it purrs like a kitten.

think the editor judder has started since going through pc nightmare, may of baffled it so may re install x10 and will let you know,
it as happened before on my 8800gts, i reloaded and that cured the problem.

more of a windows 7 problem

Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 03:18
Okay, I have the same specs as before (2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, Windows 7 64-Bit), but I was wondering, would a single GT 240 1GB GDRR5 run with no lag? If it does have lag, what about 2 of them? I'm curious because I'm on a budget but want exceptional performance.
Akanto10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 03:22
Okay, I have the same specs as before (2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, Windows 7 64-Bit), but I was wondering, would a single GT 240 1GB GDRR5 run with no lag? If it does have lag, what about 2 of them? I'm curious because I'm on a budget but want exceptional performance.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2010 10:47
That card is a reasonable card to have and it will run FPSC X10 well enough without lag if you wanted two it may be beneficial in the near future for other games as the 240 GT is getting a bit old now.

Blobware Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I would like to know if the specs for my CPU is capable of running FPSCX10.

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26Ghz│4GB DDR2 800│ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 512 MB DDR2│400GB 5400RPM HDD (Dual 200GB)│15.4" WXGA│Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM) x86│Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 x86│Logitech Z-2300

Sorry if this was answered...
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 10:59
Your specs seem quite able to run FPSC X10

Jem F
Years of Service
User Offline
Will the
ASUS EAH4350 SILENT/DI/1GD2 PCI-E Graphics Card - 1GB
run FPS x10?
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-eah4350-silent-di-1gd2-pci-e-graphics-card-1gb-06318475-pdt.html

08freieslebenj
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 21:01
It appears it will work rather well.

deltamanx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 02:32
I have a bit of information you might want to add to that list.

ATi Radeon 5830 - Not recommended; Shader Issues.

The card has some serious shader issues. Incorrect coloring, lack of color, odd reflections, etc.

Built it myself. Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 1GB Phenom II X4 965 BE - Quad Core 8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM ULTRA LSP 850 Watt PSU
MSI Entertainment ATX Mobo Total Cost? $900
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2010 16:22 Edited at: 16th Jul 2010 22:59
It may be the fact it's a direct X11 card these cards areknown to have issues and reverting to direct X10.1 is a good way to fix it.

Get unlimited space and un-metered bandwidth hosting email me i will beat any other host
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 22:56
I just updated the top thread to make it easier for people tell what works and what doesn't now there are no excuses if you get it wrong.

But of course like normal I'm still here to help if you find your self in need of a helping hand.

Get unlimited space and un-metered bandwidth hosting email me i will beat any other host
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 22:59
Do not see my card on the list just want to give the heads up.
Recently got a second system...

DualCore AMD Opteron 170
MSI K8N Neo2 Series
2047 MB
ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB AGP

Works very well with high settings.However driver related issues make it impossible to use window refraction...

"Hey, Wizard of Id! Satan just called; he wants his worldview back."
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 23:00
Thanks for the report i will add it to the listings i wont say about the driver issue until it is confirmed by another user of this card otherwise it may just be a freak occurrence.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2010 23:07
Added a few more ATI cards that i know work and have added 3 for testing anyone that has those cards please report if they work ok for you.

AngelTheKiller
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 08:44
can you tell me how to get direct x10? I have direct x11 and every time I try to use fpscx10 it crashes. Any help?

Angel fpstube.webs.com check it out today and sign up!
biohazardNL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 11:26
just install it's a upgrade to activate dx10 again

get it here
it will run perfectly again. if it doesn't work just pm me

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 11:27
Yeh give that a go i can't find a link on a n English site at the moment maybe i'm being blind.

AngelTheKiller
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2010 11:29
ok translated it

Angel fpstube.webs.com check it out today and sign up!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:14:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:14:36