Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [STICKY] The Posting Competition

Author
User Banned
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 16:05 Edited at: 6th Mar 2016 16:37
You guys, I have been sick with a TERRIBLE cold for over a week now... I honestly thought I had pneumonia but when I called urgent care they just told me to take it easy for a few days (I like my local urgent care because if you call first they will usually tell you not to worry and only go in if it seems like an emergency, so you save the trip and your $$$) and drink plenty of fluids and take Mucinex.

The coughing is by far the worst I have ever experienced in my life. My lungs have felt like they are on fire for the past day and a half, but I finally feel better today, except for the irritation in my lungs.

Oh hey, page.
Slowly compiling code, one byte at a time.
Follow meh blague for more zany thoughts and possibly offensive programming!
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 18:08
Quote: " (I like my local urgent care because if you call first they will usually tell you not to worry and only go in if it seems like an emergency"

That's not really the best advice to give though, if you are having trouble breathing or your lungs feel irritated you are better off actually seeing the doctor. Pneumonia is quite serious and can't really be diagnosed over the phone. If you do end up having pneumonia and it goes untreated, it will only get worse. Obviously I'm no doctor, but just make sure to take care of yourself.
"Giraffe is soft, Gorilla is hard." - Phaelax
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 22:45 Edited at: 6th Mar 2016 22:48
Pants! I mean points. But I didn't get the points. I missed the points. I therefor cannot say points. Thus I say pants!

Hooray, finally downloading Windows 10. Looks to be a dandy fine operating system! Quite excited I am to have its many millions of instructions reign over the microscopic control circuits of my lithographically fabricated semiconductor wafer slices.

@TheComet Thanks for those links, I'll have to read them for surez!
"Dark Java Dude 64 wrote this sentence" - Dark Java Dude 64
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 22:55
Lol that reminds me I was updating my computer to win 10 yesterday and forgot. Its still in setup mode.
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 22:59 Edited at: 7th Mar 2016 00:58
Ah. I tried installed Windows 10 via the little update thingy in the system tray, but that was being very unpleasant. I then downloaded Microsoft's Windows 10 installation tool, which seems to be working a treat. Currently checking for updates

I dislike updates!

EDIT Okay, so it's installed, and everything is going horribly wrong. Lots of stuff is extremely slow/unresponsive, the Internet connection is painfully slow, graphics are totally messed up, no idea if sound works properly or not, etc.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 00:58
Quote: "That's not really the best advice to give though, if you are having trouble breathing or your lungs feel irritated you are better off actually seeing the doctor. Pneumonia is quite serious and can't really be diagnosed over the phone. "

True, but each day over the last four I have been feeling better and better. I've been drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day and getting almost 10 hours of sleep each night, plus I have been sitting in front of a humidifier to help break up the mucous in my lungs.

And they didn't really tell me not to go on, they just said that if my health didn't improve within 24 hours of me calling them (or got worse) to go ahead and go in the following morning - they even offered to set up an appointment and all. But I woke up feeling better the next day and even better this morning, so hopefully tomorrow I will feel heaps better.

Oh, and today was my last day working for corrupt Schnuck Markets, INC! YAY!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 01:19 Edited at: 7th Mar 2016 01:35
Alright, looks like stuff is working better now. Some text still looks sort of rough, like so:

EDIT Leave it to good ol Realtek to screw up my audio! I have never had anything but trouble with their products. I despise Realtek.

I plugged in my headphones, which caused a small message saying "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." to pop up in the lower right corner of my screen, blocking vital controls. Why do I need to know that? Now, 5 minutes later, the notification is still there, process ended, driver uninstalled, etc. Only way to get rid of the notification shall be to restart, apparently...? I HATE poorly designed software.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 18:56
3D Coat now supports PBR shaders in sculpt room! Whooooohoooooooo!

3D Coat rocks!

Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 19:02
"Jeb Bush is a big fat mistake" -- Donald Trump
https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_o2rvwdLLSF1rmjly4.mp4
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 05:04
These points are in front of me, that's for sure.
Quote: \"Close those quotes before they start to spread!...too late! Aaaaaagh!!!
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 12:33
So, after playing the new Combat Update in Minecraft for over 8 hours (over the course of the last week while having this terrible cold), I have determined many things.

First, Zombies appear to be more vicious, and tend to group together now. So when you spawn in a new world, the FIRST thing you need to do is grab wood and coal and make torches to place around wherever you build. Then you can focus on mining. But get those torches ASAP or you will NOT survive your first night as many many many zombies will spawn.

Creepers are now almost impossible to kill with a sword before they blow up, so in order to nab gunpowder your best bet is to create a bow and arrow. Seriously, you cannot get two hits in before the Creeper explodes.

Witches seem to be much more common in biomes that aren't swamps. I am nowhere near a swamp yet I have encountered three witches... all three of which nearly killed me (but I haven't died yet in this world and I am trying desperately not to!).

Iron ore seems to be more common as well, or perhaps the seed I chose just has a goodly amount. If you're curious, use the seed "squash", without quotation marks.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 14:56 Edited at: 8th Mar 2016 15:05
Dual Wielding sounds like a cool idea, but it's fairly useless IMO. For example, holding a sword and a bow allows you to swing your sword with your left mouse and shoot arrows with your right, but doing it this way is no easier than switching between the weapons by pressing 1 or 2 (the old way). I guess you do have one extra slot in your inventory... I also noticed that if you eat food, it will shoot an arrow once you finish eating. Sucks when you have an enchanted bow because you're wasting its life needlessly.

Quote: "Creepers are now almost impossible to kill with a sword before they blow up"

The same old trick from MineCraft Alpha 1.2.0 still works: Hit it, back up, hit it, back up, etc.

The thing I'm super happy about is: They finally fixed horses! What used to happen is your keyboard input would be sent to the server and the server would send you back the horse's position. This was terrible if your ping was greater than 100ms because your horse would always be 100ms behind from where it actually should be. In 1.9 however the horse's position is updated client-side.

Anyway, check out my horse.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 04:20
Quote: "The same old trick from MineCraft Alpha 1.2.0 still works: Hit it, back up"

It hasn't been working so far for me, as soon as I hit it it hisses and even if I sprint backwards it still explodes before I get far away enough. But maybe I just suck at Minecraft
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 04:51 Edited at: 9th Mar 2016 04:51
Windows 10 seems pretty good now, albeit a tad buggy. For instance, last night, it would automatically go to sleep after about 1 minute of inactivity (despite being set to never go to sleep). I reset the power settings to default settings (which do call for sleep after x amount of time), which fixed the issue. Just now, (I use my laptop, closed in my desk, as my "CPU" in a desktop format) I went to close my laptop to push it back into the desk, and it went to sleep, despite being set to do nothing when closing the lid. I opened the settings panel, reselected the options I already had selected, and now it's working fine again. Just minor issues, but quite interesting!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 12:01 Edited at: 9th Mar 2016 14:12
@Yoda: It's not easy but definitely possible. I kill a few creepers in the following video. Another new thing (since 1.8) is if you jump and attack right before landing it does extra damage (e.g. @0:42):

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 21:32
I havn't gotten around to playing much of the 1.9 update yet. Upgrading a server is always tedious.

Though I do like that they seem to have fixed boats and aparently horses. And the new elytra(?) wings are super fun to fly around with.
Say ONE stupid thing and it ends up as a forum signature forever. - Neuro Fuzzy
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2016 23:23
So The Division...that's fun, eh? Got a group of us from work playing it and enjoying it quite a bit.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 03:31
Quote: "@Yoda: It's not easy but definitely possible. I kill a few creepers in the following video."

Ah, I see how you're doing it now. Also that jump modifier is quite interesting I definitely have to try it!

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 21:31
Quote: "So The Division...that's fun, eh? Got a group of us from work playing it and enjoying it quite a bit."

It looks really good, but I haven't got it yet. I didn't even realise that it came out until Steam sent me an email.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 04:19
So, I just went through some of my old threads, and stumbled upon the one in which I posted about my previous girlfriend dumping me out of the blue.

I didn't realize it, but at the time, because literally EVERYTHING I did somehow reminded me of her (including working at a restaurant where she would come in almost every day), I decided to change my entire life. Essentially, I shed a skin that I didn't like wearing, that I felt she had made me wear for the three years we were together. She never supported me in my game development dreams, and because I wasn't in college she thought I was a bum. She even called me that to my face one day, which caused a fight so bad that now that I think of it, was probably the catalyst that caused the breakup.

And although, at the time, it sucked, it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I started doing more research into game development, and got back into programming with AGK. I resuscitated my love of filmmaking, and purchased a DSLR. I quickly realized that evverythign she was holding me back from was immediately at my fingertips. It was a wonderful sense of freedom, and yet I still missed the companionship. Yes, I had many friends I saw daily, but it's just not the same as being able to talk to someone you love in such a capacity.

A few months after the breakup, I got really sick of that restaurant. Ironically now I'm back working there full time with benefits, but that's a bit ahead of the story

So, I decided to change jobs. It wasn't an easy decision, but she used to go into the restaurant frequently and I was afraid I would see her again. So, a store two blocks away was hiring. I felt an immediately, inexplicable desire to work there - it was literally as though I was being pulled in by a huge gravitational force. Not that I necessarily believe in fate but sometimes you do get such an inexplicable inclination to do something you just have to wonder sometimes.

Anyway, I was hired on the spot after just asking the manager about positions they had open. I took the job, and approximately six months later, this girl joined the team as well. We didn't really talk much at first, but soon we started communicating and befriended each other on Facebook and exchanged numbers. We talked quite a bit and although I was still feeling the pain of the breakup (at this point it was mid 2014, so it was barely a year past), I knew I was starting to really like her. Eventually, I worked up the nerve to ask her out and we hit it off extremely well. So well, that over a year later I asked her to marry me and she said yes. *insert success kid meme here*

So, basically what I thought I had lost I never had to begin with. This girl truly supports me in everything I want to do - game design, film making, and all my other huge idealistic dreams. It's an amazing feeling.

But then I got sick of working at the store and actually got offered a position at the restaurant, 40 hours a week with health insurance. So it almost felt like life did a little loop of sorts. And no, my ex hasn't been to that restaurant in years, not since the breakup. Apparently she literally hates my face, according to some mutual friends. Oops

So, what's the point in sharing all of this?

I just think it's interesting how life can change so rapidly, sometimes without us even noticing. I hadn't realized how drastically I changed everything in late 2013. It's kind of interesting how time sort of blends together as events unfold before us. Many transitions go unnoticed until we look back. What started off as a horribly depressing situation for me ended up being what led to me meeting my future wife. Life has an interesting sense of humor

Here's the thread. It's really quite painful, because you hear me whining A LOT. Oh well.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 12:07
Speaking of old threads: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/212524
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 00:09
That's a good thread
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 00:48
Quote: "Quote: "So The Division...that's fun, eh? Got a group of us from work playing it and enjoying it quite a bit."

It looks really good, but I haven't got it yet. I didn't even realise that it came out until Steam sent me an email."

I am pretty addicted to it at the moment. Definitely worth playing with other players on it and more fun to play the hard mode versions of missions, which can potentially be brutal, especially if there's a slight mismatch in levels between players. I think the best description of it I can give it is, the tactical feel/aspect of XCOM: Enemy Within, the open world matchmaking of GTAV: Online (except more seamless) and taking bits and pieces from Borderlands, like difficulty scaling depending on number of players, the way the class/talent works and some of the level structure (shoot, loot, shoot some more, perform various actions before reaching the boss, who comes at you with a horde of his friends and get super loot) and I guess like XCOM, you get your own homebase you can upgrade/build, though not to the same complexity and not to the same level of rewards (but you do get rewards and skill upgrades). It borrows loosely from the MMORPG holy trinity, tank, support and DPS, but you get a level of customisation (which is also dependant on upgrades to your home base and as a result, the type of missions you run to build them). I have gone for DPS as my biggest focus, then my skills (for healing) are my secondary focus and my health, just enough to take a few shots, because I am good at shooting from cover and positioning myself. I have also ended up favouriting a SMG/Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle combo.
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 09:25 Edited at: 12th Mar 2016 09:49
Holy crap, why is it so hard to find an article somewhere on the web that describes, in detail, how an FM radio receiver works? Pft!

EDIT Found one. Time for sleep, then time to study that.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 20:08
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 06:25 Edited at: 13th Mar 2016 06:34
I have one gripe with Windows 10: it does a particularly poor job handing screen resolution changes. When at home, I use my laptop as a desktop -- closed and connected to peripherals -- and while on the go, I use it as a regular laptop. Ironically, it operates at a lower resolution in desktop mode (1600x900) than in laptop mode (1920x1080). That of course is fine, as those are the resolutions of my peripheral monitor and my laptop screen, respectively. With Windows 7, switching between resolutions was no problem -- everything, including all programs, resized just as expected. With 10, the entire OS UI resizes fine, but it tells me I have to completely sign out for applications to resize correctly. Indeed, before signing out, most applications are quite blurry/compressed. Even after signing out and back in, some applications have still failed to properly resize.

On that topic, I shall take this opportunity to say (probably for the 10th time here) that Spotify is one of the worst designed, most horribly executed pieces of software I have ever used. Also one of the more useful. /random mini rant
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 10:51
Quote: "On that topic, I shall take this opportunity to say (probably for the 10th time here) that Spotify is one of the worst designed, most horribly executed pieces of software I have ever used. Also one of the more useful. /random mini rant"

I still prefer its software to iTunes, I used to find iTunes really sluggish but Spotify performs find for me. I would say Spotify has improved, but as you say, one of the most useful. One feature I actually do like is that I can use one device with Spotify to control another, so I could have my PS4 or PC plugged into my soundbar and use my phone as a remote and select the music whilst not by my PC or PS4.
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 11:49
Quote: "On that topic, I shall take this opportunity to say (probably for the 10th time here) that Spotify is one of the worst designed, most horribly executed pieces of software I have ever used"

I hate Spotify, but it's not as bad as Skype.

Quote: "I still prefer its software to iTunes"

iTunes is a disaster that I wish I could replace. Unfortunately nothing has Smart Playlists like iTunes.
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
@Unlit C# Guy 32
Instead of using both monitors simultaneously, you use the lower resolution one exclusively?
320x224
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 17:21
Going to see 'The Revenant' now! Ooooooooooh yeah!
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 19:20
Wow, this is the most replies a post of mine has gotten in a long time!

Quote: "I used to find iTunes really sluggish but Spotify performs find for me"
Interesting, one of the reasons I think so lowly of Spotify is how badly it performs on my computer. My computer easily has better performance than the majority of program running Spotify, but within a few hours of starting the program, it's occasionally too slow to use. I'll click on something, and it won't register that for a good 10 seconds or so sometimes. Could be something with my computer perhaps...

Quote: "but it's not as bad as Skype."
No doubting that Skype is pretty awful!

Quote: "Instead of using both monitors simultaneously, you use the lower resolution one exclusively?"
My OCD doesn't like the notion of dual monitors, and where would I put my laptop? For every bit of physical screen area I'd gain, I'd be losing that much desktop space to the lower half of my laptop, which I wouldn't be using anyway.

Also, you removed me from the Skype conversation because of my pro-Apple comments, didn't you?
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "My OCD doesn't like the notion of dual monitors, and where would I put my laptop? For every bit of physical screen area I'd gain, I'd be losing that much desktop space to the lower half of my laptop, which I wouldn't be using anyway."

Getting a 1920x1080 monitor needs to be a priority, then. Don't eat anything for a while to save money. Fixing this resolution deficiency is more important than food.

Quote: "Also, you removed me from the Skype conversation because of my pro-Apple comments, didn't you?"

I removed you because you had only been there once in about 100 years. I figured you didn't need the hassle of Skype being bad and trying to load 123,456,789,069 new messages in the UI thread if you ever came back. Then you came back immediately.
320x224
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 21:02
Quote: "Going to see 'The Revenant' now! Ooooooooooh yeah! "

It's an okay movie. I would have liked it more had they kept it to the necessary time, but I felt it dragged on for far too long.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 21:40
It's almost necessary to have two monitors if you're doing 3D graphics. I'm having trouble fitting all of Blender's sub-windows onto my HD screen while still having decent room for the 3D viewport.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 22:27
Instead of 2 monitors, have you thought about an Ultra Wide? I love mine to pieces, it offers amazing workspace too and is amazing for games and movies. Especially as mine's 1440p, which gives me a little extra too. If you see from my "Workflow" thread, I fit everything I'm using onto 1 screen: Linky
I might not necessarily have it that crowded, I was trying doing a few things at once there and it wasn't a pain to work with, because there's just space for lots of stuff. The downside to UltraWides is that they are expensive, but the are cheaper ones nowadays.

It's like having 2 5:4 monitors, but without having 2 monitors.

Quote: "Interesting, one of the reasons I think so lowly of Spotify is how badly it performs on my computer. My computer easily has better performance than the majority of program running Spotify, but within a few hours of starting the program, it's occasionally too slow to use. I'll click on something, and it won't register that for a good 10 seconds or so sometimes. Could be something with my computer perhaps..."

Potentially, I don't have any performance issues with my Spotify. But I guess software isn't necessarily always optimised for all hardware configurations. However, iTunes has been the one I've consistently found sluggish, like most version of IE, ,pretty much all except the version before Edge was released...and conversely, I find Edge sluggish as most versions of IE...go figure. Oh and yes, Skype can be very sluggish >.> just unfortunate that it's the only contact I have for a few friends, so I have to use it. XD
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 23:23
I've got two 1920x1200 at work and is hard to go back to a single 1920x1080 at home and a 1600 or a 1440 on a laptop is unbearable now
The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2016 23:45
Quote: "It's an okay movie. I would have liked it more had they kept it to the necessary time, but I felt it dragged on for far too long."

It's a great movie, really liked it.
But yeah, it's a long movie.

I only have one monitor. Medium size, i think. But, it's sufficient for me atm.
Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a 2560x1440 monitor and two 1920x1080 monitors.
320x224
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 01:11
Quote: "I have a 2560x1440 monitor and two 1920x1080 monitors."

Pics or it didn't happen.

Meanwhile, in your mom's basement

Randomness 128
Years of Service
User Offline

Lit particle effects
320x224
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 04:22
OK that's pretty damn cool.

Any recommendations for one of those ultra wide monitors? Is it time to go 4K, or is that still not a good investment yet?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 09:55
Quote: "I like my local urgent care because if you call first they will usually tell you not to worry and only go in if it seems like an emergency, so you save the trip and your $$$"

A friend of ours felt ill while at our house one evening.
We called NHS Direct and they said to come in on Monday if he is no better (It was Saturday)
His wife called an ambulance.
He'd had a stroke. He would very possibly have been dead by Monday, or at best severely debilitated.

Be very careful of phone advice!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 19:42 Edited at: 14th Mar 2016 20:07
I wish KDevelop would support multiple cursors like Jetbrains does. Do you see how awesome this is and how much more productive it makes you?

That's something vim can't do as far as I know.

[EDIT] Never mind, vim can do it with this: https://github.com/terryma/vim-multiple-cursors
budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 21:05 Edited at: 14th Mar 2016 21:07
Quote: " Is it time to go 4K, or is that still not a good investment yet?"

I have a 4k monitor and it's the best monitor I've ever used, anything else feels too small now. I will probably replace my other monitor, which is 1080p with a second 4k monitor sometime.

Quote: "I wish KDevelop would support multiple cursors like Jetbrains does. Do you see how awesome this is and how much more productive it makes you?"

I hate how intelliJ supports multi-line cursors. Notepad++ does it best, you can create a single line of cursors or place multiple cursors in different spots. Also, as far as I'm aware intelliJ only lets you create multi-line cursors using the mouse, alt+shift+arrow keys just moves lines around which makes me constantly screw up my code.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 21:29
hmmm, why would you need 20 of the exact same lines?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 23:14 Edited at: 14th Mar 2016 23:42
Quote: "hmmm, why would you need 20 of the exact same lines?"

Watch the video to see a real world example. It's very useful when you're writing code that is mostly redundant such as unit tests.

Quote: "Also, as far as I'm aware intelliJ only lets you create multi-line cursors using the mouse"

You can tap <ctrl> twice and hold it down, then use the arrow keys to create cursors. Or you can highlight a word and press CTRL+J to search for the next occurrence.

Time for memes

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2016 00:19
Quote: "You can tap <ctrl> twice and hold it down, then use the arrow keys to create cursors"

That is gross, but I guess it's something.
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 15th Mar 2016 00:42
So, I know we're not supposed to get political on here, but Comet, I would probably only pick Donald up to throw him in the back of a police automobile. He is ridiculously scary, and as an American citizen I simply cannot fathom how far he's gotten.

But, I'm also not a fan of Ted Cruz, or Hillary Clinton, and although I love what Bernie Sanders stands for I don't see him winning the nomination at all. So, effectively, there are no people currently running that I would vote for. BUT, staying home and not voting IS a vote for Trump, so I have to pick someone... oh God THE STRESSSSSSSSSS

I'm gonna write-in someone who I think could do the job. Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and Q can be the VP. Now THAT'S a ticket!
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2016 01:18 Edited at: 15th Mar 2016 01:27
If we be civilised about it I don't think any of the mods should mind too much.

First of all, let me make it abundantly clear that I think all candidates are absolute crap and that I don't support Trump.

With that said, unfortunately, if I had to vote for a candidate, it would have to be Trump, simply because he is the lesser of all evils. Consider the following points.

1) The American politics system is trashed beyond repair. The last few presidents have been nothing but puppets who's strings have been pulled by corporations and the media. The one thing Trump is good at is surrounding himself with the right people and getting rid of the wrong people in order to reach a goal. He's a business man, it's what he does. He is bound to stir up the system. Whether this is a good or a bad thing is another question, but I'll say this much: The last thing America needs is another puppet president. The last thing America needs is for the system to remain the same. Getting Trump in there to stir things up is better than no change. Sanders just doesn't have the backbone to be able to introduce the required amount of change and I believe Trump does.

2) Hillary Clinton is a war criminal and belongs behind bars.

3) Trump has *some* good ideas. I don't know about you, but I subscribe to what he says about caring for the American people first. More and more jobs are being lost to illegal immigrants because there's poor border control, and it's a huge problem. Initially I thought Trump was making a metaphor when he said he was going to build a wall, and what he actually meant was to enforce stricter border policies. Actually building a wall is a really stupid idea, but then again who knows. I know it seems incredibly racist to say America shouldn't care about non-Americans, but political correctness has no place in this issue when everything is this screwed. Getting American citizens back into job positions should be a top priority. When (if) America is standing on both legs again, then we can start talking about an immigration plan.

So yeah. This makes me look like a Trump supporter. Unfortunately I just don't see Sanders not being a puppet.

My predictions are these: If Clinton wins against Bernie and it ends up being Trump vs Clinton, Trump is going to absolutely trash Clinton and win the election. If it ends up being Trump vs Bernie, I predict Bernie will win the election.

Now, have some trump memes

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 15th Mar 2016 01:30
I think Sanders might have a bit of a backbone, but sadly due to his age he wouldn't be able to use it effectively.

Agreed 100% on Hillary.

And.... now that you've pointed that out to me, I think I finally get why people are for Trump. Trump's whole campaign is about the corrupted political system our "great" country has, and he has said time and time again he wants to change it.

Perhaps, he actually isn't as crazy as he sounds, and he realized the only way he could win is to actually BE what the political system currently IS - that is, corrupt, almost pointless, very arbitrary, and completely crazy.

Even so, I can't bring myself to vote for him. But I will re-evaluate his position a bit more. I just feel he's going to spew hate-mongering speech all over the place and get us nuked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 16:08:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 16:08:33