Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Free Source Release: Lemur V2 Latest Build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 19:42
I'm at IGD......

and I don't know.....

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2008 23:59
Erm...

Don't think too hard about it. Duplex knows what I'm talking about.

Hint hint, it was the top choice on your lists...in my thread...

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 00:59
Ooohhhh! That terrain editor!

Yeh......

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Plystire, just checked out that .exe build you put up on our private board on IGD, looks very nice, water, water physics etc, never dropped below 38 fps, even on my 1.8ghz dualcore 2 gig ddr ati radeon xpress 1100 laptop

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 05:00
Urlforce is right its niiiice.

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 05:23 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 05:23
(Sorry to bump)

Hey Blooddeath, is that Pic in your sig made in Photoshop? Looks pretty good, if now, what program?

(Back on Topic)

Does MP9, 10, and 16 work in this? If so, WOOT!

Need anymore ideas(for V3)? lol.

Click here to see my showcase.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 05:53 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 05:53
made it in photoshop cs1

please spell my name right

Death has no end
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 09:12
Sorry, thought I spelt it right. Sorry man.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 11:18
There's a private board @IGD?

What does it take to join, or has that already been sorted out?

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Its a developer/beta tester board so only beta and developers can see it

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 16:21
Darn you Urlforce!

Me wanna play Lemur.....

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 20:46
Quote: "Does MP9, 10, and 16 work in this? If so, WOOT!

Need anymore ideas(for V3)? lol."

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2008 21:37
me want .exe!! lol

i wanna buy it, i there an estimated release date?

Call me Alex. Please. OR at least let me change my forum name...
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2008 01:08
@Orrion:

From what I've heard, there have been little to no complaints about the MP's in Lemur. May have to check again with the beta testers, though, as I don't have any of those model packs.

@Urlforce:

Thanks!
When I get to Bloom I'll try not to drag the fps too far down. I'm currently thinking of another alternative for better looking Bloom effects with higher framerates.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 06:33 Edited at: 26th Feb 2008 07:01
How are Airslides weapon enhancements going? I thought a awsome feature would be to lower your weapon when you sprint (using the put weapon away and pull out weapon animations) like most games have these days. I'm not trying to demand anything, just putting ideas out there. Oh BTW, will there be support for V1.08 and higher when the source for them is released?
Slayer_2
P.S. As for the POSSIBLE terrain editor, I don't really care much as FPSC sucks at outdoor scenes anyhow and some clever segment designs work just as good.
P.P.S. Also some work on the scopes would be cool, like a way to adjust the zoom size and if the mousewheel can be used to zoom in further or not. A way to make you hold the rightmouse to zoom in would be cool and forcing the player to un-zoom is needed IMO. Again, I'm just bouncing ideas around.

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 06:55
Slayer, I just sent you an email.

Ply, Whenever you're ready for that Bloom BT, I'll be ready.

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 07:04
My Gmail had you marked as spam. I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've sent this email. As for your game, it seems decent, but I'm not a big fan of the Bio-shock style concept. I might try out the Alpha sometime.

[img]
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 07:48
Quote: "Ply, Whenever you're ready for that Bloom BT, I'll be ready."

faaaashhooooooo! lol sorry just watched superbad

Death has no end
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 18:49
Hey guys......

I've got a couple of little scripting commands I'd love you to implement for me please,(if possible)......

Like ENTITYINZONE=crate1, so we could have more specific puzzles, eg, coloured blocks must go in certain areas.....

ACTIVATETARGET, I heard you decided not to implement SETTARGETNAME, but if you did this would be great, working like ACTIVATEIFUSED except in a bit more of a.....variable way. Like:

When made more complex, we could have a choice system created with these commands, where certain keypresses activate certain entities via a single control unti, i.e. a computer panel with a choice of doors to open....

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 20:37
Oh, BTW, is there a way to make a weapon swapping system? Like a pistol slot, main weapon slot, an undroppable weapon slot (for fists) and an extra weapon slot (for grenades, another pistol), etc? Also a drop weapons in zone script would be cool for parts where you get captured/the start of a level. Is there an ETA for the full version yet?

[img]
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2008 20:46
You know how when you peek there is no animation for it in MP so technically you can't be seen? And also how AI can't shoot you when you are peeking? Well, what if your weapon lowered using the standard weapon lowering animation until you stopped peeking then you raised it again? This would stop making a level super easy to beat and make MP much more fair. I may be talking out of my but here, I've only played FPSC MP twice so I'm not certain about the MP thing.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2008 23:55
Quote: "How are Airslides weapon enhancements going? I thought a awsome feature would be to lower your weapon when you sprint (using the put weapon away and pull out weapon animations) like most games have these days. I'm not trying to demand anything, just putting ideas out there."

I'm working on a "lazy gun" and a gun bobbing feature and I'll add this in as an option. Weapon swapping will come along eventually aswell. Right now though I'm having FPSC problems

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 00:03 Edited at: 28th Feb 2008 03:21
I don't want my gun to be lazy Doesn't that look terrible even in X10? A video would be cool when you finish it Weapon swapping, yay! Any ideas on how thats going to work yet?
Quote: "Right now though I'm having FPSC problems"
What? NOOOO! I bet it's cause of Vista...
Slayer_2
P.S.
Quote: "I'll add this in as an option"
Wait you'll add the run effect in?!? OMG that would be kick - um - rear. BTW, how is the implementation of Dark AI going, are you doing it or is it up to good old Ply? Just so you guys know, Ragdoll would be tight, JK, JK, I know it's impossible currently

[img]
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 04:23
I think they're going to add it in V3. I think... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 05:09 Edited at: 28th Feb 2008 05:10
Ragdoll, HAHAHA! HAHAHA! HAHAHA! HAHAHA! Thats a laugh mate! It's impossible with ODE physics I think. BTW, Lemur Team, are all updates going to be free for customers who have bought Lemur V2? i don't fancy having to repeatedly pay for new features like with Torque

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 06:21
Quote: "Doesn't that look terrible even in X10?"

But my way is better

Quote: "It's impossible with ODE physics I think."

It's been done with other SDK's, all we'd need is some extra additions to the DBP ODE plugin and some painful, brain exploding work and it should be perfectly possible.

DarkAI hasn't even been started yet - and I offer no promises. Right now I'm dealing with that horrible thing called *reality* plus DBP (or perhaps FPSC...or both) is acting up on me.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2008 06:36
Oh good! Reality!?! Pfft, doesn't it suck Wowwwggg! That would kick rear. But more important things first, like allies (or Dark AI) and getting Airslide's FPSC working.

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 07:00
Sorry for the lack of updates, all. I was out all week.

@gunn3r:

I'm still working on the next WaterPhys beta release for you guys. I've been trying to hack through those nice bugs you found for me.

@everyone:

I enjoy your enthusiasm for the release of Lemur, but this isn't exactly the place to make requests.

Personally, I don't like the "settargetname" scripting command because it's only slightly more dynamic than hardcoding an ifused property into the fpe file of an entity.

However, that command is part of empty's mod which is required for sensei to work, and I've already planned on getting sensei to be compatible with Lemur, so hopefully I'll be able to get around to coding in the scripting commands from empty's mod.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 07:03
Maybe you should make a showcase thread soon you guys. Maybe a request area too No ETA yet Oh well, good things take time I guess.

[img]
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 07:12
Quote: "sensei to be compatible with Lemur"

WHEN!?! WHAT VERSION!?! (caps off)

I think that sensei would be good for Lemur... If I'm currect, doesn't it only support only two allies and two enemies? Or is it two allies and 1+ enemies?

(Please tell me it's the second one)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 07:31
@Slayer:

I'll talk with the others guys about a request thread. And I don't think we're just quite ready for a showcase thread. And yeah, no ETA as of yet, good things really DO take time. I promise we are doing our best to get it done, but we won't be rushing things through and missing easy to spot bugs.

@Orrion:

This upcoming release if all goes well. I don't see any reason why we couldn't get it implemented. Empty was kind enough to share his source with us before we even started this, and I would like to use his code (to ensure things are as compatible as they can be), but I would need to email him and get his consent for that. If it turns out that he doesn't want it put into Lemur, then I'm afraid we'll need to recode it ourselves (And talk with Butters to see what commands exactly were needed to be compatible with Sensei)

But, this won't be added until each of the Lemur developers has finished their section and are ready for it. I would like to say that after the final beta (which would include all three developers' code), sensei compatibility would be put in.

On the other hand, if we do decide to put in DarkAI functionality into lemur V2, we may just skip over Sensei all together (And I'm sure everyone will understand, right?)

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 07:49
Dark AAAA-----IIII!!!!! Don't get my hopes up

[img]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2008 18:59
Quote: "However, that command is part of empty's mod which is required for sensei to work, and I've already planned on getting sensei to be compatible with Lemur, so hopefully I'll be able to get around to coding in the scripting commands from empty's mod."

, can't wait. that SETTARGETNAME=X then ACTIVATETARGET combo could help build more complex scripting rigs like that,*click's fingers*....

Well, whatever you guys implement, I'll be happy as this mod rocks!

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 23:34
What I would like to see in Lemur is enemies that can walk around a level, or bots that can navigate a map, fpsc classic has neither.
so some form of pathing that works would be nice.

Evil Things Most Foulhttp://www.avantivitastudios.com/
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2008 00:28
If DarkAI gets implemented into Lemur, then you may be able to find a way to do just that.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 06:05 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2008 06:07
Alright guys, sorry about my absence, or my lack of forum time.... I celebrated my 21st birthday on the 12th of March and since then I havent really gotten in the mood for programming, much hindered by easter break, family in town, midterms, girlfriend stuff, blah blah blah. Add it all up and you call it life yeah? Ok so heres the deal, we are still working on Lemur. We offered to combine with EFX, which Nghthawk says may happen down the line, but as there are features in both that match we may have issues determining whose code we use yadda yadda yadda. You can all continue to look forward to both EFX and Lemur, and blah blah blah there will be a release. Now in the event I don't come up with ground breaking news every day, doing think for a second we aren't doing work back here behind this curtain we like to display as a thread. Trust in the fact when Lemur is released you will be pleased by both quality and effectiveness of its features.

Steve

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 06:11
Quote: "Trust in the fact when Lemur is released you will be pleased by both quality and effectiveness of its features."
YESSIR! I WILL enjoy Lemur V2! No really, I will Glad to hear it isn't dead.

[img]
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 18:20
what about a console in games? like when you press ¸ it shows it

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 04:04
Ohh good i have meen looking all over the net for this mode but no luck im glad its comeing soon thanx for puting your time in this mode for ppl
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 07:30
@djmaster:

The key would be "`", the one in the top left of your keyboard, commonly right below the Escape key. It will be in there, but not while playing a Built game, it will only work for Test Games so you can take notes on what values create what effects.

@GOTH:

You're Welcome.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 15:58
just a suggestion...

in MP can you allow antigrav platforms again? just a little something

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 16:15
Question:

Will the final build of Lemur be easy to install and get working. I opened the free version of Lemur in the suggested zip program. I noticed two things:

1) There are hundreds of files in there, many of which look like they're already in my FPS Creator Files (For example, why are chase10.fpi, appear.fpe,etc. in there?) If these are supposed to replace the files in the existing fpsc files, then that may cause some concern. Plus, I'm reluctant to even unzip the sheer amount of files in the zip.
2) Even if I wanted to, I couldn't open any files. I can't recall the exact message, but it indicated some sort of fault with the files.

These things considered, I want to make sure the final version will work without these things niggling at me. Some clear instructions would be a good start, but I just want a smooth download/extraction/installation, or whatever.

Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 20:51
PIB, the free version of Lemur is a source code, meaning you're going to need DarkBASIC Professional and DarkLIGHTS before you can even compile it to use it right.

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 15:05
Can't wait for this.
Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "PIB, the free version of Lemur is a source code, meaning you're going to need DarkBASIC Professional and DarkLIGHTS before you can even compile it to use it right."

Cornett, you are wrong, do a search please...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 23:26
I think he's referring to the one that this thread was originally created for.

Lemur Free is not a source release of Lemur and is also much more up to date than this release.

The one and only,
~PlystirE~

Cornett Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 16:35
Lemur Free?

Good John Tesh, I'm gone for a few weeks and everything changes. Looks like I have something to look up, then! Thank you for understanding, Ply.

Gemstone Games is now Cornett Media
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 16:49
Lemur free can be found at Indiegamedev.net, Unless you dont have a exclusive members account, then you may not find it, its basicly allows you to have Mp objectives.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 17:27
It's also here, Tatters.......

Search it up in FPSC Chat.....

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 17:30
Oh, Ok, Its because I have been un-banned (again).
(Second time now... . )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 19:40:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 19:40:54