Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V108 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 12:37
Yeah i want know that too....
But pleas can tell my somebody how i cann ad headshots...?

Free media, coming soon!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 13:26
I feel like i'm being ignored. Please help me!

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But pleas can tell my somebody how i cann ad headshots...?"

Head shot is not active by default. use the new APPEARWITHHEADSHOT.FPI in the INIT field of a characters script

iQbot
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Lee I am gojng to install it
I hope it will work.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:08
My Review:

I did note an increase in FPS, but this could also be attributed to the fact that i got a new graphics card yesterday..

The ambience was somehow raised, and the HUD changed, but I guess that was probably because installing this new update returns settings to default....

I have 2 shots of problems, one is stock, the other is custom...

The stock is in download, the custom on the next page..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 16:08

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 17:08 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 17:10
I am going to release BETA2 a little later today which might solve the crashing by some users and perhaps deal with other issues too relating to V107/V108 differences. I accidently built it linked to D3DX_34.DLL (June 2007) whereas V107 uses (D3DX_31.DLL) which is (October 2006). This may have also caused other issues for those who rely on D3DX_31.DLL driving the graphica card. For those who are crashing, please try BETA2 before updating DirectX so I can be sure this fix solves the issue, as it will help the wider community when the update goes out.

In regards to the 'FPSC not found' bug, you need to make a backup of your current FPSC files and then reinstall FPS Creator completely. For whatever reason your registry data that holds where FPS Creator is installed has been erased, possibility through installing and uninstalling an early model pack. After you have reinstalled FPS Creator and restored your work files, you can apply the V108 update and all should be well.

Sounds like most people are getting a lovely speed increase, which is what I hoped. Not everyone will get a speed up as it entirely depends on level design and content, but some hot spots have been removed in the engine to give you a boost in a few areas. Adding lots of characters is still going to hit hard as they all use an expensive bone animation shader, and they all do a lot of collision checking and double checking. After the migration, characters will use a faster AI system that does not rely on collision checks (as the collision data is pre-generated), and there is a possibility we could use some form of DirectX9 instancing as a special mode if you don't mind all your characters being identical clones (whereas X10 has the ability to change the shape and apperance of its instances). Something to talk about after we get V108 out the door. Just to re-iterate, let me know if your V108 experience is worse than V107 in regards to stability and speed. We can deal with other feature issues in another update.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 17:25
Evrything is running fine right now..
Thank you for the update Lee!

Free media, coming soon!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 18:34
I have just amended the link at the top of this thread to link to BETA2, which now uses October 2006 version of DirectX for full backwards compatibility with existing FPSC versions. If you are crashing on entering the map editor, or getting odd artefacts you did not get before, this beta will most likely remedy the issue.

"Small, smart, and running around the legs of dinosaurs to find enough food to survive, bedroom programmers aren't extinct after all "
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 18:59
...no problems running V1.08 Beta 1.

Gained fps in much of my map.

No errors being generated. Seems to be stable.

I really like the auto ceiling feature that was introduced when segments are placed. Huge time saver in buidling a level.

Lee, if I'm experiencing no problems with the Beta 1 build, would there be any benefit for me in switching to Beta 2?

Widow 13 - ©2008 Harsh Games, Inc
Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:01
Quote: "Just to re-iterate, let me know if your V108 experience is worse than V107 in regards to stability and speed. We can deal with other feature issues in another update."
Headshots are a little off. I can kill characters by shooting them in the head or upper chest/arms. Still a great feature though Also I'm having a very minor bug with the 64x64 .bmp's disappearing temporarily in the segment and entity banks. Clicking on an item with no picture usually fixes this but not permanently. Not too annoying but still a bug. Also the same idea happens with the entity modification screen (The panel that comes up when you right click on an entity). And Lee, can you please try and fix the windows and doors disappearing when they are set to static bug? I know you said it happens for a reason, but it's still really annoying. Give me some kind of GPU instancing and Ragdoll and I'm good

[img][/img]
Go to Elite OPS Terrorstike in the Showcase.
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. can't wait for teh migration, the beta's are great in the meantime for 108 though.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:28 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 19:34
I believe the head shot crouch problem has to do with the height of the character. I believe it uses a default height prescripted in. So if the character ducks then basically the head area vanishes from detection ... testing theory. BRB

Nope, head detection works in crouch for me. I place three characters on a raised platform and when each one crouched, i blew their ever loving heads off.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:31 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 19:34
Quote: "...Headshots are a little off. I can kill characters by shooting them in the head or upper chest/arms."

...yes, I have this experience as well. If possible, it would be best to try to localize to the head only.

It's not a real problem, per se, but it is a minor distraction...

Quote: "I believe the head shot crouch problem has to do with the height of the character. I believe it uses a default height prescripted in. So if the character ducks then basically the head area vanishes from detection "

...I'm not having any problem with a headshot on a crouched enemy.

ameer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you, thank you, thank you
The problem was solved after loading the new update
FPS_Creator_V108_BETA2
No longer show the error message
We hope to resolve the problem of speed becomes even
FPS Creatorx9 like FPS Creatorx10
Thanks to the programme makers

Fpsc menu maker
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:42
The new beta works for me.Headshots are an excellent addition.Framerate pretty much stayed in the 30fps-ish area except for when I have enemies in the level.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 19:56
...in the ~30 fps range as well, with 8 enemies placed on the level.

Rooms were kept small, and partition walls were also used. Enemies were placed evenly throughout the level.

There was some minor fluctuation, but I never experienced anthing lower than 25-28 fps, as I merrily went about dispatching my foes.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:07
Those bugs I mentioned earlier are fixed now....

Will headshots be intriduced unto MultiPlayer?

Then we could see the FPSC incarnation of the "snipe camper"....

Every game has one!

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:14
Just saw somethinf in the "people scriptbank" a script called darkai. What does that script do? Just wanted to mention it.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:17
OMG IT'S DARKAI!

sorry guys, but I'm so happy! Finally Dark-AI!

We're going to get Dark-AI!We're going to get Dark-AI!We're going to get Dark-AI!We're going to get Dark-AI!

Why didn't you mention this Lee? Was it a surprise!

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:24
i tested th new darkai script, it didnt work. My own allie was killing me!

Intel Pentium D Cpu 3.00GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, 1GB RAM, Windows Xp...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:24
Beta 1:
I'm not sure what happened with Beta 1, but I saw no speed increase at all. Head shots and auto ceiling worked so I knew it took, but no speed increase. I build my levels multiple times, working with/moving/reworking any problem frame rate areas until they work right, so I though it was because they were already optimized.

A couple of dynamic entities (doors and such) were missing, but replacing them took care of the problem and they were normal after that.

Lighting, and level music get reset and you have to put them back they way you had them. No problem there.

Beta 2:
Beta 2 was different. The first thing I noticed was that FPS now showed 38, and stayed there just about through the entire level. This was a happy surprise which lasted for a few restarts. After a few times however, the FPS once again showed 31/32. I have no idea what's going on there.

Basic level setting still get reset and must be returned to your settings. The ambience seems brighter and I had to set it down further than it was before. That could be a glitch in the matrix, as I've seen that before without any updates.

This level had no enemies, so I added 6 to it and tested again. While there was a small drop in FPS around enemies, it was nothing serious or anything that I had not seen before.

With the FPS still showing 31/32, I see no difference between this and V107 where FPS is concerned, again probably because my levels are already optimized. The headshots is a nice touch.

Best.

Specs: Athlon64 4200 Dual Core, 3GB DDR400, nVidia 8600GT w512

jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:31
Quote: "OMG IT'S DARKAI!

sorry guys, but I'm so happy! Finally Dark-AI!

We're going to get Dark-AI!We're going to get Dark-AI!We're going to get Dark-AI!We're going to get Dark-AI!

Why didn't you mention this Lee? Was it a surprise!"

I hope so.

You're the 'th to view this signature!
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:34 Edited at: 10th Feb 2008 20:36
Noticed my level loaded quicker... was it supposed to do this?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:51
Quote: "i tested th new darkai script, it didnt work. My own allie was killing me!"

That is not an "allies" script.If you open it up via Notepad (or whatever you prefer) you will see what you are getting your backside handed to you...
or...

Quote: "desc = Strafe While Shooting (PSEUDO DARKAI PLACEHOLDER - TO BE REPLACED WITH DARKAI)"

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 21:05
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
The BETA 2 broke my FPSC.. It worked with Beta 1

Attachments

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 21:52
Quote: "Reverted back to DirectX (OCTOBER 2006) D3DX_31.DLL for sustained compatibility with current FPSC users systems"

If you have a newer version of Direct X the new beta may not work.You might check that out.

Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
it works perfectly for me

FPS:1
well how many polys do you have there?
MESHCOUNT:10000000000000000000 LOL
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 22:14
Satchmo, are you running on XP or Vista? If Vista then you may need to "run as administrator". I had the same error and this helped me.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Goosebox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 22:28
WOW!!!! My 1st level for my game averaged around 0-10 fps in the old updates. V1.08 update however, made me average around 25-30 fps. THANK YOU LEE! (caps off)

-goose

User of AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ 2.08GHZ CPU, 1GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 256MB Memory Graphics Card.
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 22:44
Ok, i'll try the new BETA when I get home today. Hoping it will fix my problems.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 22:47
I think this is the first update where I have had an almost universal thumbs up to a beta, so naturally I am now very suspicious of V108

I will let you guys blast BETA2 for a while longer and then pitch in with maybe a BETA3 next week or release BETA2 as the final V108 so everyone can enjoy these new benefits.

V109 will contain those features we talked about for X9 (in another thread) and then I will start on the migration version when things REALLY get exciting! For now, thanks all for helping me test the update and let me know if you find anything V107 does well that V108 does badly

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 23:06
Quote: "so naturally I am now very suspicious of V108"

Lol....[Steve Irwin voice]Danger....danger....danger![/Steve Irwin voice]

Slayer_2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 23:11
There are headshots! HEADSHOTS! Sure they still aren't perfect but man headshots! Now all we need is some in MP I know MP is never going to be updated though Can't wait for V1.08

[img][/img]
Go to Elite OPS Terrorstike in the Showcase.
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 23:25
Beta 1 was wroking great for me, but then I broke my FPSC install. But Beta 1 worked fine

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 00:18
Check out what version of Direct X you have and make sure it is the same one as in the first post.

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey lee don't you be short cutting us. If you have additional improvements that need to be made, you keep making them. We'll let you know if you screw up
Keo C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 01:13
It has nothing to do with Lee's beta. I was cleaning some media out of my folders and well I'll fix it.

Image made by the overworked Biggadd.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 02:03
Works great! How exactly do the headshots work (I have them working in FPSC, I'm talking about how the game calculates it)?

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 02:20
I found BETA 1 actually slowed my levels in parts where it was fine before... BETA 2 seems to have solved this and speeded things up in general...

[center]
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:25
I was looking into a DBP speed issue and found another small performance tweak regarding the monitoring cycles of a typical large application. I got a subtle speed up when I tested SCIFI level 1 (415fps to 455fps uncapped), so check out BETA3 and see if you get the same subtle speed-up. For you DBP users out there I will run a public beta of U6.7 this week so you can enjoy this speed boost to your regular applications, especially those who have a lot of tight loops.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 03:51 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 04:44
Quote: "I was looking into a DBP speed issue and found another small performance tweak regarding the monitoring cycles of a typical large application. I got a subtle speed up when I tested SCIFI level 1 (415fps to 455fps uncapped), so check out BETA3 and see if you get the same subtle speed-up. For you DBP users out there I will run a public beta of U6.7 this week so you can enjoy this speed boost to your regular applications, especially those who have a lot of tight loops."

Sweet thanks Lee. I am sure it will be great! Goodluck with 1.08, and I may or may not come by you guys at the booth next week (I'm only 2 hours from San Francisco), depends on what happens THIS week, work stuff.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 04:38 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 04:49
Quote: "Works great! How exactly do the headshots work (I have them working in FPSC, I'm talking about how the game calculates it)?"

Yeah, inquiring minds want to know.

Quote: "For you DBP users out there I will run a public beta of U6.7 this week so you can enjoy this speed boost to your regular applications, especially those who have a lot of tight loops."

Cool

Quote: "I may or may not come by you guys at the booth next week (I'm only 2 hours from San Francisco)"

Dude, if you are that close then you have no excuse.
You have a chance to meet Lee Bamber!
Blow off whatever other plans you have man.
I wish I was on the west coast.
Yeah, yeah, they are probably glad I'm not, I know.

Hmm maybe I should go anyway, since I wasn't able to get to England last year for the convention.
I'd rather go to England than to SanFransico though, any day of the week. (yeah, yeah I know, they don't want me there either.)

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm, me too, i wish i could meet him, maby he could sign my fpsc disk or my monitor, heck i would bring the whole computer

Check out gang- the gangster fps
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 04:57
I was just getting to edit again and say that what mattered was getting the chance to meet Lee, and how I wanted his autograph.

Then, I thought... no, he may think I'm strange and not show up.
Then I cancelled and the page refreshed and what did I see?
Some other wierdo like me.

Just kidding, wanting to meet Lee is not wierd at all, and I'm sure most people here in the forums wish they could.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, i got it working!!sniper the game, here i come, great job lee, ( i had to log on as admin, and reinstall fpsc )

Check out gang- the gangster fps
klu54425
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 05:12
Hello Everyone. I have had Fps Creator for a year and a half or so and always enjoyed reading the posts and have got to admit that is were I learned the most on useing it and this is my first time posting but I had to to say thank you to everyone on sharing there knowledge. I have to admit I was nervous I just put together my new computer from scratch with vista and direct X10 yesterday. What I was nervous about is wether fps v 1.07 and all my expansions would work yet or not. But Lee and them did a great job makeing this software because v1.07 works better then it ever did on my new set up. I average 32 - 36 FPS when I have 15 enimies in the same room, ( I haven't tried any more than that yet), and I don't get any slow downs or glitches. My New Pc Specs are

Windows Vista Ultimate
FPS Creator version 1.07 expansions 1-6
Asus P5E3 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel core 2 Extreme Qx9650 3.0GHZ 4 core
4GB Ram
Geforce 8800GTX 768MB XFI Extreme edition

Again you guys are all great Thanks again.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 10:31
Quote: "I'd rather go to England than to SanFransico though, any day of the week. (yeah, yeah I know, they don't want me there either.)"

No, you're not welcome.......lol.

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 10:36 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 11:03
i had 12 enemies in myroom, no slowdown, and my sig shows my pc specs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:29:33