Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 00:27
Quote: "Just to let you guys know, I have shipped off the source code to two lucky programmers to begin implementing into their mods."

We all know who those guys are, don't we, but it's sad you forgot S4Real......

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 02:41
Actually S4 is one of the guys who got it....lol

Plystire hasn't gotten it just cause he isn't ready for it.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 02:44
Lol @ CG.

He didn't forget s4real. Since I am currently not modding due to outside hindrences, I haven't received this from Airslide. So, the two lucky programmers are probably s4real and Nighthawk.

The one and only,

Whosoever says, "Don't sweat the small stuff," is obviously not a programmer.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 02:59
Indeed, they are

Both are currently now waiting for a newer version with the timing system though. So far, so good.

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 06:35
Yo this might be stupid but what does airmod actually do?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 06:39
AirMod adds many new features to FPSC, many of which I have not talked about on the forums yet, although the big ones I have. Take alook at these videos for the more obvious features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isGqfUt1TM0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4-3AS_GtwQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgmDwj5mv8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvrmBD9ZJYA

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 07:29
cant wait till 6.0 i look at this post every day to see if you posted it =)
i just cant get away from your mode
I hope the new v2 FPSC or what ever they call it has your Blood an Sight Zoom an recoil.And if it dont have it i will still be useing your mod

I like the Blood,Sight Zoom an recoil More then the rugdoll,ally

Your mod just rock's

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 09:00
Quote: "
He didn't forget s4real. Since I am currently not modding due to outside hindrences, I haven't received this from Airslide. So, the two lucky programmers are probably s4real and Nighthawk"

Woops......

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 11:44
AirSlide, how about a syncrate commend like in Ply's Mod? That's pretty much the only reason I need Ply's mod as well as AirMod.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 22:34
@The Toasty - The sync rate command won't be neccassary. I may provide it if someone really wants it, but AirMod 0.6 is now using the timing system from 0.5 (improved, of course) and therefore has NO sync rate cap I get 150 fps on average in the demo level I'm developing at the moment.

The only catch to this is that the recoil system I developed hates the timing system. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work again. I've got some ideas, and I really, really want the recoil to be in the final release, so we'll have to see how it plays out.

@GOTH 1 SNIPER - Thanks

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2008 23:17
Looks great man. Good job.

Your hard work really shows.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 02:11
@Airslide:

Well, assuming your recoil code hasn't changed very much (I say "very much" because it obviously has changed ) then lemme think about this for a second...

Let's say your recoil movement speed is set in a variable called "rec_dist"... this is the distance in which the camera will jerk at the desired speed of 30 fps (If it's higher or lower, then feel free to change the math that's about to come up). Now, since the game obviously won't be at 30 fps all the time we gotta figure out how far it NEEDS to move based upon the current fps. I'll call this variable "cur_fps" and the desired fps (the speed at which the recoil normally works) "des_fps" for obvious reasons.

(rec_dist / des_fps)

Read as "Recoil Distance per Desired FPS"

That should normalize the movement speed of your recoil. Since it's now normalized, we can safely multiply it by the speed we want it to go at.

(rec_dist / des_fps) * cur_fps

Theoretically, that should force the recoil speed to match the current framerate.

Now, that's all within assumption. In order to make an accurate algorithm for you I'd have to see the code.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 02:24
I've already got code setup that handles timing it at different framerates. The problem is that the way I've done it just doesn't seem to work properly. I'm still messing with some things. Curvevalue can be tricky sometimes

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 13:55
Well, it's great to hear that you've got the timer-based system back in. Here's something a little off-topic: When you made that MASSIVE battle with EAI's SCAR, how did you keep the framerate so good? I set up a similar scenario, but it lagged like all hell.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 21:55 Edited at: 25th Jun 2008 03:05
Hehe, I have a really, really, REALLY powerful computer

That sort of scenario would be easier to make on more low-end computers with the timing system, although I can tell you that at 5 fps chances are you'll fall through the floor

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2008 22:40
SHOW OFF! You could have a 70 core processor, 8 GB GPU, 8GB's of RAM and software to make it support FPSC and it would still lag: So why don't you release the super-performance mod for us low enders

When's Airmod 0.6 coming out? Can't wait, I don't like the timer system much as my PC, while aging is perfectly fine with Crysis, so performance isn't an issue. FPSC is almost as resource-consuming as Crysis, but not quite

Also, is X10 worth it? I mean, there might never be Airmod in it That's unthinkable though.

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 03:17
The timing system will let you get those extra frames per second if your computer can handle it, I get around 150 fps on average on the demo level I'm working on. So trust me, you'll want it

As for X10 - It'll only be worth it once I get the source code

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:16
curvevalue or not, the code should remain the same. I've done it before using both curvevalue and curveangle... both acted as expected.

Well, without seeing some code to think about.. I have to say "Good luck." And leave it at that.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:26
I haven't had problems with curvevalue before, but it's being an issue here. I don't know why, but I've got some ideas as to how I can re-create the system and still have the same feel.

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 04:30 Edited at: 25th Jun 2008 04:31
Just checking up an to say good work =) o.0

Myspace:http://www.myspace.com/DEATH1sniper
Hame Page:http://snipereliteforce.spruz.com/
AMSHNOK!!!
puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 05:20
airslide you would need dbpro x10 wich is a inside developer tool i asked rick i can forward the email

p.s. how do you install airmod

bioengineers canceld who cares
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
This def a good project just a big thanks for all your hard work.

best s4

GOTH 1 SNIPER
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2008 09:46
Checking up agen ^_^

^^Click Image For The Best Game Protection^^
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The only catch to this is that the recoil system I developed hates the timing system. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work again. I've got some ideas, and I really, really want the recoil to be in the final release, so we'll have to see how it plays out."

Just want to say that when I was going between mod/no-mod versions of FPSC for testing reasons, not having recoil gave me severe AirMod withdrawl LOL. After just a week or so with recoil, I don't think I could go back. Without it, things just feel so stiff (moreso than loosing gunlag IMO, which I wouldn't want to be without either LOL).

Hope your other thing is going well, can't wait to be able to link back up properly!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2008 21:15
Quote: "not having recoil gave me severe AirMod withdrawl LOL"

LOL. Yea, between that, gunlag, and rate-of-fire anytime I go to test out a new official update I end up closing it after just a few minutes and going back to AirMod

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2008 21:32 Edited at: 5th Jul 2008 22:31
*Bump*

Just a heads-up for everyone, while I'm largely distracted by the 2008 PhysX Competition, I'm going to try and find time to release the non-timer version next week. The timer version will come shortly after *if* I can get recoil to work again.

At this current moment I'm taking some time to put together the manual which I'll post ahead of time if it's finished to let you drool over the features

EDIT: I'm attaching the current version of the user manual. If your using the AirMod 0.6 beta this will explain most of the features there. Note that many of the script action/conditions and some gunspec options aren't in the beta!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 02:11
Very, very interesting.

xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got a question, Airslide. Do you think you could add an explode scripting command? I was just looking for a way to explode an entity, and it seems awfully hard just to get a simple explosion going.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 08:35
All you need to do is set it to explode, then destroy the entity in the script (I think).

Your signature has been erased by a mod
xyzz1233
Years of Service
User Offline
Yup. Just found that out.
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
airslide, one question, when you bring the ironsights up, does it make the weapon more accurate??

Taking song requests, see my post!!!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:25
Yes, it pulls the player cam slightly forward, or edits it's range, one or the other......

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 20:51
To affect the weapons accuracy in ironsight mode, simply set simplezoomacc to a new accuracy value. You can even make it less accurate if you so desire

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 21:10
Double post but -

If you want AirMod NOW, go grab S4Mod!:
S4Mod Official Thread

It includes other features like Team Deathmatch, slowed decals, enhanced timers and overall good performance on low-end machines. Probably the best choice for an FPSC mod at this time based on its focus of stability.

It has AirMod 0.6 fully integrated.

_sYn_
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Airslide you did a fantastic work !

I realy love your mod but I have a question:

I want to have a "lag" when I zoom with a weapon into the Iron Sight mode but i dont want to have this lag when I am in the standart mode.

I edited some values, but i don´t get it work :-(

This is my edit:

Quote: ";verzögerung

gunlagxmax = 2
gunlagymax = 2
gunlagspeed = 5

zoomgunlagspeed = 2
zoomgunlagxmax = 5
zoomgunlagxmay = 5"

When i am use this i have a lag in the standart and in the zoomed mode but i want to have in in the zoomed mode only.

So what should i do ?

PS: Sory for my veeery bad english. I hope you understand this a bit ^^

-Im sorry for my bad english-
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 21:36
The gunlag settings for zoom don't work in the 0.6 beta, those are 0.6 final only. So the gunlag settings above should affect both zoomed out and zoomed in.

If you want to use the zoomgunlag settings or any other 0.6 Final only feature I recommend looking at S4Mod.

_sYn_
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thx for your reply !

-Im sorry for my bad english-
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 12:29
Hey Airslide, are you going to release the source to the public? Or me

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
airslide, how do i use all of the script variations, srry, im not good at scripting

MadChicken Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Airslide

Hey if you don't mind have you got the mod in .zip format or an installer or somthing I don't know how to get .rar files up it just says select a program or use internet broswer and it dosn't work.

Great by the exatly what I was looking for.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 12:00
@ MadChicken Games
You will need WinRAR to extract .rar files, or you can get 7zip which is free.

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 18:39 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 18:42
i have a few questions:

1) If i wanted to have maximum gun lag, what settings do i set the gunspec to? Don't tell me to experiment, i already tried. What i am looking for is an effect where the gun is so heavy, that part of it goes off screen when turning, you turn your head faster than you move your arms in real life.

2) The noautoreload(or something like that) command is not working for me, it reloads automatically anyways

3) Does Model Pack 9, or Model Pack 10 have the iron sights built in?

4) Is there a way to make the gun come towards you while firing, or as part of the lazy gun, or the running thingy...

that's about it

[EDIT]

5) How do you use the new blood splat system? I have no idea...

-SC
Dangerously low on Coke
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 18:54
Hey sonicreator 2006, from my experience I can only answer two of your questions.

Number 3) You have to download updates from Airmod's website consisting of a XIX and two shotgun updates, adding more frames for animation of iron sights. The shotguns are for editing the special gunspect files.

Number 5) It's pretty nice, the blood should spew out of the character in about 4 different "rainbow" shaped falls. Kind of hard to explain, and there should be alot more blood on the ground. Kind of like a slaughterfest.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 20:01
1) Try large settings for x/y max. As for the speed setting I can't think of a good one off the top of my head.

2) It's not in the beta. I'll try to get the full version out ASAP, along with example scripts.

3) http://airmod.googlepages.com/airmodcontent2

4) Not at the moment, however that is an interesting idea so I'll throw it on the 0.7 list.

5) In a script, call bloodspurt=X. Descriptions of what X should be are in the manual. Note that only the first two will work in the beta. My suggestion is opening up throwfore.fpi, throwback.fpi, throwleft.fpi, and throwright.fpi and adding the following line near the top:

::bloodspurt=1

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
may you please be more specific on where to put the variables

sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 20:04 Edited at: 9th Jul 2008 20:09
alright, thanks guys. I have only one problem,
when i put the throwfore.fpi script as the death script, he just keeps bleeding all over the floor, and dances... its kinda wierd, but hes not dying. Where do i need to put it?

EDIT: i installed the XIX update, do i need to add any lines to the gunspec for the zoom animation and stuff, or is it ready to go?

-SC
:trying to reach jar of peanut butter
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 21:30
@General Powell - Which variables? I assume your refering to the gunspec variables. They go in the gunspec You can find the gunspec by going to [FPSC Dir]\Files\Gamecore\Guns\[Weapon Set]\[Weapon]\gunspec.txt

@sonicreator - Throwfore shouldn't be the deathscript. Those scripts are automatically called when the character dies. Leave it as fadecorpse or leavecorpse. The engine will call the throwfore (or throwback/left/right depending on the damage direction) script and with the modification he should spurt blood.

AS for the XIX update - it should be ready to go. The shotguns are ready-to-go aswell, but those are early ports and don't feature things like ironsights or recoil yet.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 21:35 Edited at: 9th Jul 2008 21:37
Little example on how to use the blood :

Just put a new state=0 at the start of the script and then use the blood you want.
===============================================================

;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Header

desc = Static, When See Player, WAIT In Range

;Triggers

:state=0:bloodsplash=1
:state=0:state=1
:state=1,plrcanbeseen:settarget,state=2,animate=1
:state=1,shotdamage=10:settarget,rotatetoplr
:state=1,noiseheard=5:settarget,rotatetotarget,rotatetoplr
:state=1,random=10:rotateheadrandom=75

:state=2:rotatetotarget,resethead
:state=2,plrdistwithin=400:state=4

:state=4:rotatetoplr
:state=4,plrcanbeseen:settarget,state=0,shootplr
:state=4:state=0

;End of Script

===============================================================

This script has a nice spurt when you shoot him.

@ sonicreator 2006 Once you replaced the new file for the XIX its ready to go.

Please note to use all the new features you will have to get S4mod as this has Airmod 0.6 full intergrated.

Best s4

General powell11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 21:44 Edited at: 9th Jul 2008 21:56
im refering to the actions, where do i put those at, and the blood, i just put it twords the top of throfore and thats it?
EDIT: i just saw s4 script, where do i pute it, and where do i put the blood splash,
all i need ti know is what to do with the bloodsplash and bloodspurt script thank you in advance

sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2008 22:08
alright, thanks, one more question, do the throwfore/back/left/ and right scripts have to be in the scriptbank, people, or destroy folder (or something like that) ?

The XIX mod works fine, but are any other weapons modded??(besides shotguns of course)

-SC
peanut butter was bought two years ago

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:34:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:34:10