Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 18:30
.....ermm.....

No offence to Airslide's coding prowess, but that's a pretty hefty task......

I have returned, after 28 days of exile, fear me!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 01:33
Quote: "No offence to Airslide's coding prowess, but that's a pretty hefty task......
"

Indeed. While I'm perfectly capable of making my own engine (wait till you see my DBP wip ) it's more of a problem with the editor that would stop a huge make over.

Hopefully you'll see some major additions in AirMod: Special Edition, though that won't be till after migration.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 21st May 2008 16:41
well great,an Airslide Creator hehe cant wait to see your engine

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 17:55
New Airmod/EAI video on the way. I'll be showing off the three Machine-guns I want to use in EOT. This time it has a little surprise in it, starts with a "t" ends with "urrets".

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 00:37
Turrets? I wanna see those!!
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 00:41 Edited at: 22nd May 2008 00:52
And you will, sometime this weekend

@Airslide, I put an "Airmod" button onto my EOT site. Hope you're ok with that. Here's teh site if you want to see/dowload my crappy low-res button. http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6
Slayer_2

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 04:08
I would have prefered you used the banner in the 0.5 developer download but thanks for trying

Website needs a bit of work. Look forward to the revision though (looking to the left).

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 04:15
Meh, it says 0.5 (which is lie as anybody still using that is a fool, muwha!) and is bigger than my top picture thing. As for the site, I'll get around to it... eventually.

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 04:46
I'll have a generic all-versions logo included in the next download.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 04:48
OK, cool.

[img]
Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 05:12
Airslide, I can't seem to download the demo from Filefront right now, could you e-mail the file to me? Thanks!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 06:01
Airslide, what does the command "backdropvideo = X" do?!? Sounds like a main menu scripting action!

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 07:08
Quote: "Airslide, I can't seem to download the demo from Filefront right now, could you e-mail the file to me? Thanks!
"

If you look at page 8 or 9 (or 7, lol, don't remember) you'll find the download for 0.6 beta attached.

@Slayer222 - Use it to call a video as the backdrop just like the video command, only it will play in the background. If you call backdrop again or start the game it will be removed. It is reccomened you don't use it in-game, as you won't be able to get rid of it

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 07:39
So it is pretty much to get a video up and working for the background of a menu, right?

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 07:49
@Slayer:

Noooooooooo, it's there to turn the Sky into a giant television screen.

[/sarcasm]

The one and only,

Orrion Carn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 07:55
Thanks Airslide, I'll definitly try it out.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 08:05
A giant TV! COOL! Sweet idea Airslide!

Why can't you just say yes or no? Too freakin' smart.

[img]
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 08:58
I love you Airslide. This is unreal...Sometimes I wonder if I should switch from girls...

Joking!!!

Visual Game Studio Express Lead Programmer.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 10:41
Quote: "Why can't you just say yes or no?"

"Yes or no" ... tada!

Onto being serious... yes.

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 17:46
Oh, phew

[img]
Covernant
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm when i set simplezoom on modelpack10 44. then it's kind of crooked. Front and back sights are misaligned. Do you have to make new animations for it or maybe a gunspec command to fix it's position?
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Airslide : Another great bit of work nice to see people working on mods it seems to be given the forum a buzz that it needs.

Best s4

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 03:37
Thanks guys.

@Covernant - You'll have to play with the values, but to get true ironsights you'll have to wait until Errant finishes converting more of his older models, as it requires new animations. You can still get a Fear/Far Cry style effect with it however by just zooming in and moving the gun slightly up and to the left.

Covernant
Years of Service
User Offline
This has been probably requested million times. How hard would it be to implement a proper weapon picking up and dropping system? Instead of autopickup it will show you the weapon icon and you just press f to pick it up. Drop with g.

What am i thinking.. something like that would need a big time makeover right?
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 00:47
Well, if a default script is used for all the weapons, I suppose an entity could be created using the weapon's VWEAP. Things may seem funny if the VWEAPS and PICKUP models are different for some reason - or like the model pack 5 melee weapons which have no VWEAPs. Most other weapons would work with this sort of system though. It's on the 0.7 and/or Special Edition to do list.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 01:02
Glad to hear it Airslide, buddy ol' pal.

I was going to do it, but then I realised what was going to need to be DONE for it to work, and decided..... nawwww, that's just way too much trouble for me to get into for such a simple effect. Ya know?

The one and only,

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 03:12
Pfft, show off

[img]
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 05:16 Edited at: 29th May 2008 05:16
Quote: "I was going to do it, but then I realised what was going to need to be DONE for it to work, and decided..... nawwww, that's just way too much trouble for me to get into for such a simple effect. Ya know?"

So...you decided "I'll be lazy and wait till Airslide puts it in AirMod so I can add it to PlyMod without any sophisticated thought"

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 05:48
*In sing-song "Everybody Hates Chris" voice* Everybody abuses Airmod If Lee fails to add Airmod in V1.10, I'm going to rally an Airslide fan-boy mob and storm Lee's inbox. "REVOLT, REVOLT, REVOLT" You gotta wonder how much more motivation he needs... There's EAI's new weapons, it's totally free and all, plus it owns.

[img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 09:16 Edited at: 29th May 2008 09:52
@Airslide:

Sorta...

Lol, no, really though, I have a lot of other things to be working on and didn't need another "massive make-over" in my todo list for V1.07.

Here's the line for it in my "To-Do List" for V1.07:

Quote: "?? [ ] = Possibly create script command to drop current weapon (Left/Right Weap). (Dropped weap will have default script defined in scriptbank as well as ammo that player had)"

Here are some of the milestones to doing this:
- Ammo Entities defined the amount of ammo by how many "clips" it will give the player and not a specific amount of ammo.
- Adding to the list of entities without botching the whole system (I found this to be a surprisingly entangled mess of things)
- Defining the script to be used for the entity within the system. At some point it'll need to load this script into the internal list of used scripts, as well as parsing the script and forwarding it's information onto the new entity. (Perhaps can be done during load process, but still will be rather difficult unless a default array position is going to be used)

I HAVE given this quite a bit of thought, but it's still going to require a lot more work than I'd be willing to give it. My current tasks left in the list are getting smaller in number, but I still don't have the amount of time to devote to them that I'd like. You know, what with getting a job, being a full-time student in college (Master level no less, BLEEEEHHHHH!!!), and spending time with family/girl friend. I just can't be throwing such things into the Mod that I know would require a lot more time to accomplish. That would just delay the Mod even longer than it needs to be delayed.

The one and only,

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 19:19
This may have already been asked but is there any function in this mod wich makes it possible to attache a silencer?
First you have a gun, press K or something and it plays an animation to put on the silencer, the sound changes and you now have a silenced gun.
I know it would require more animations on the gun, but is or will it be possible?

And I must say, this is a really awesome mod, does it work if I have 1.09 installed?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 20:03
Quote: "If Lee fails to add Airmod in V1.10, I'm going to rally an Airslide fan-boy mob and storm Lee's inbox. "REVOLT, REVOLT, REVOLT" You gotta wonder how much more motivation he needs... There's EAI's new weapons, it's totally free and all, plus it owns."

Me to. Seriously though, if it isn't implemented, there will be a few emails in lee's inbox asking why, and what the hell.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 02:05
@Big Viking - I'm planning on adding some parameters so that alt fire can share the same ammo as normal fire, and the ability to set the alt fire's sound distance (you can already do this with normal fire). The only catch at the moment is that alt fire can't have iron sights. I'll consider adding ironsights later on when I remap the way I'm doing alternative animations to be more like Plystire's (he defined variables instead of using if statements)

@Plystire - Didn't even think about ammo. As for the script, I think all scripts in the scriptbank are pre-loaded. I've never had any trouble telling my AI to use a different script that wasn't attached to an entity already. As for creating the new entity - funny it's so complicated, in my engine I have a command called:

actorAddActor(profile$,x#,y#,z#,xa#,ya#,za#)

Ultimate ease (Just FYI, the profile$ is the name of the ini file that stores the actor's data. I keep an array of loaded profiles so they don't need to be loaded again, and it searches through to find that one or loads it if it doesn't exist)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 05:30
Well, it sounds like you're already off to a good start. The only thing that you would need to do for this now is to set up a way to deal with accurate ammo count in the dropped weapon, and after that... it shouldn't too much work for your setup.

The one and only,

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 15:14
I mean, like the M4A1 in CS, you rightclick and attaches a silencer.
Its doesnt need alternative fire or anything, just a "attach silencer" and "deattach silencer" animations. Then if your "hide ammo" thing works, that could be used on the silencer.

1: Weapon without silencer
2: press for example K to play "attach silncer animation"
3: The previously inviseeable silncer texture on the gun now apears as a silencer. The gunsound has now changed.

the same to deattach silencer but the silncer disapears and the normal gunsound is back.
I could make a testgun for you with these animations etc.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 17:44
That'll be cool, also whats you steam ID(if you have one.) BVG, I'll love to play a game of "secure the hostage" with you

Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Hows it coming Airslide?
I'm really interested in the hide ammo feature(for my rpg)
Im using airmod that you released and its amazing! great work!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2008 02:02
BIG Viking Games - The thing is, while showing/hiding the silencer 'limb' is an option, it is more flexible to simply use alt mode as it already has the adjusted settings. That way you can also setup alternate accuracy and damage when the silencer is on.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 19:57
So you mean this could work? If I just make a gun with silencer etc?

Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 20:13
Why not try this theory with mp6's silencer weapons.

Formerly Bum Fat Cheese
Maniac Modeler
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah try that
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 21:23 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 21:26
Airslide, MP6 is a perfect example of why silencer attaching should not be an alt fire mode. I don't think it should be a limb hiding thing either. Really, the most perfect and robust solution would be to use a switchto function and ammo pooling like we had discussed some time ago. Relying on the model file to have all the necessecary animations limits backwards compatability with media and lmits it's future exploitation to the small number of media makers with animation skill.

With switchto and ammopool, the limits would really only be limited by the designers imagination. Simply put, within a single weapon slot, Weapon A can become Weapon B by pressing an assigned key. A and B can be as similar or dissimilar as the designer wants. With ammo pooling, A and B can share ammo or not depending on what the designer wants. In instances where it is possible to have additional animation, to and from animations could be specified but otherwise it would just play putaway on Weapon A and retrieve on Weapon B.

MP6 example 1: The unsuppressed Glock can become the suppressed one with the same ammo being collected and used for both. Each version should have different gunspec which reflects the change. Explicitly, the suppressed version should have the soundstrength function as well as reduced range and damage.

MP6 example 2: The M79 can become the other version of the M79 which does not share ammo. Player can select between which sort of flak to use. If daisy-chained, flak weapons could have a dizzying array of grenade types to choose from; impact, timed, etc.
Likewise, ammo switching for raycast could be easily achieved. Switch buckshot for slugs on a shotgun, for example.

Anyways, I hope you consider this for 0.7 or SE
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 22:37
That could work Errant, I think...

Anyways, wich additional animations could be included to take advantage of Airmods all abillities?
I will try to see if I can learn to make weapons, and if it goes well I may even add these animations.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 23:47 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 23:57
Quote: "wich additional animations could be included to take advantage of Airmods all abillities"

The list is sure to get longer and but here goes..

Supported in stock but used correctly in AirMod

Use these with shotgun = 1 for weapons where ammo is loaded one round at a time:
reload start
reload loop
reload end

AirMod Only

Alternate fire animations. Great with melee weapons:
start fire 2
end fire 2
start fire 3
end fire 3

Simple blocking animation:
block

Use these for optimal iron sights or 3D scope view:
zoomto
zoomfrom
zoom idle
zoom move
zoom start fire
zoom automatic fire
zoom end fire

Alternate fire mode:
altto
altfrom
alt idle
alt move
alt start fire
alt end fire
alt reload
alt select
alt putaway

Now, you'll notice there are some animations missing. This is because they aren't supported yet. Anims like alt automatic fire, etc. There are also animations that will be supported in later versions of AirMod such as Tac Reload and interrupt1/interrupt2. Not to mention empty weapon state animations if that is supported in later versions.

There are also several animations to consider adding if you want to support Ply's Mod Dual-Wielding. With all these functions, the animation length can easily run from 600 - 1000 frames.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 00:09
Quote: "With all these functions, the animation length can easily run from 600 - 1000 frames."

Holy smokes!

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 06:44
OK, I've dropped Airmod for the time being as I don't want to be left behind when the migration comes. But, hopefully Lee will get out of his coding cave and see this and add it. But if you release any major new features, I may have to take a peek Good luck with Airmod man,
Slayer_2

[img]
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 08:35
Thanks Errant!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2008 17:37
@Errant - I'll look into a switchto eventually. Ammo pooling might be a pain, but it might be possible to do a switchtosameammo = X thing, where they share ammo. I'd love to do ammo pooling but with the way the engine is set up there doesn't seem to be a decent way to do it. Plus, when you think about it, even if say a Colt .45 and a Thompson used the same ammo, are you going to take your time in a firefight to swap the bullets into the other's magazine?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy Moly! Nice work Airslide! You're awesome! With Errant showing off what Airmod does to Weapons, I can't wait what you do next!

We are the cost of a world gone wrong.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Plus, when you think about it, even if say a Colt .45 and a Thompson used the same ammo, are you going to take your time in a firefight to swap the bullets into the other's magazine?"

You already swap bullets out of half-full magazines and top off your other ones if you reload before empty. So, yeah
Plus, you might have weapons with common magazines or no magazines at all. Or you might collect boxed ammo not pre-loaded into magazines.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 18:15:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 18:15:50