Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AirMod :: FPSC Source Addon

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 11:01
It does work for scoped weapons. If you check out the M107 gunspec I did you will see that it has better accuracy when zoomed in than zoomed out. Also, when doing a gunspec for a scope weapon you must leave out SIMPLEZOOM=X otherwise you will see the weapon and the scope at the same time.

I'm having a hell of time trying to fix a computer problem so I can't really test anything until I fix it.

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 03:27
This is an email I got from Lee when I asked him about the 1.07 dynamic light problem.
Quote: "Hi Sgt,

Unfortunately I do not support the source code side of FPSC and is a modify at your own risk sort of deal. If I supported something as complex as the source code, I would get nothing else done so I let your mod guys figure it out amongst yourself and share knowledge. My advice is trial and error experiments until you track down the offending line of code.

Best Regards,
Lee
"

So it is possible even for us mortals

[url=][/url]The Ultimate Battle Mod, high fps, particles, and more.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 20:44
I already found the "offending" line of code. Problem is that it can't be fixed from the source. It's a difference in a version of one of the DBP DLL's that Lee has versus the one we get.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:08
Can't you request it then?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 21:11
I did.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 02:22
sorry for the delay(i'm in mexico right now)i think i put the simplezoom for a negative number can't check it right now.

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2008 07:56 Edited at: 29th Jul 2008 11:22
Quote: "I already found the "offending" line of code. Problem is that it can't be fixed from the source. It's a difference in a version of one of the DBP DLL's that Lee has versus the one we get."

Yea hope he lets you have it...Mind telling me what line it is in, (in the normal source) you know Just so I know...

EDIT: Who else gets the problem when you place a trigger zone in the level and the fps drops to like 7? I know its a zone because it only drops when I'm near one?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 23:17
SO how long till .06 is out? I know you're busy with that Nvidia comp, but any ETA yet?

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 02:23 Edited at: 30th Jul 2008 02:57
it's already out with the latest S4mod
-EDIT- I've noticed that when i place a dynamic light in a level no light seems to emit from it(like a static light) BUT you can see the effects of whatever script it's running is there a solution?

I know not what WWIII will be fought but I do know that WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 07:18 Edited at: 30th Jul 2008 07:20
Quote: "it's already out with the latest S4mod
-EDIT- I've noticed that when i place a dynamic light in a level no light seems to emit from it(like a static light) BUT you can see the effects of whatever script it's running is there a solution?"

Didn't you just read the above posts?
Plus its not the full version of 0.6 in S4mod, its just the 0.6 beta 1 source I'm sure.
EDIT:Haven't got your email yet BloodHound, looking forward to it. Would you like me to email you?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 20:11
Actually S4Mod and the latest (unreleased) efxMod both contain the latest 0.6 AirMod source code.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2008 20:47
So... is there a chance you could compile it seperatly for us worms? Please

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 22:00
Airmod Script Pack V2

Fixed some issues and added a few more scripts.

Mirror #1

Download attached.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 03:24
Nice, but I already know them
Though you have pretty neat Airmod content out man.

sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 15:49
so.. any news so far? i am dying to get some new features
Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 20:10
Could we possibly be treated to a running animation slot and ability to turn off shooting while running in the gunspec?

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 09:09
ARGHH!!! Bump!!!!

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
sonicreator 2006
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 02:00
Hey, i just realized that I can't change the ambient light level... and some of the shadows don't appear... Oh well.. at least I get weapon iron sights...

-SC
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2008 23:16
You can thank lee for an inconsistency between his DBPro and the public DBPro for the lightmapping issues

lllstrikesmember 2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 12:12
can you use this mod to play videos in the background of your game menus?
if so .. can i have a step by step tut on how to do so?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2008 23:46
Step 1) Make an AVI
Step 2) Put the command into your title screen/loading screen/whatever screen script.

There ya go.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 20:45
hey airslide this topic needs a bump,please release the airmod 0.6 full to us coz some dont need all the fancy s4mod has,i dont say its bad but doesent fit my taste

Current FPSC Projects:
When Zombies Attack-10%
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2008 22:03
Why? S4od is Airmod but better, it has better performance and everything! (No offense Airslide).....

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 03:23
And that latest source

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2008 17:29
Quote: "Why? S4od is Airmod but better, it has better performance and everything! (No offense Airslide)....."

None taken, it does have AirMod inside

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 12:17
Just tested s4mod out yesterday! (so airmod was imported in it)

And must say! I just love the new zooming! I already made some changes to the gunspecs.
Also have to rebuy the TGC store weapons from EAI.
For the new functions etc...
And i have to install MP 10 again, since right now its just waiting to be used in my order history. (already have MP9 installed)

I tested them with the ENB series mod, the original version from CoZ's X-tasty mod.

And they work great together, no framerate problem, great weapon abilities.
Simply great! Just had to say thanks for releasing this mod!

however! I had one question... the dual weapon function...
Was it released with the beta? I have FPSC v1.9 so i dont know if it isnt functional with that version.
Or if it wasnt released with the beta.

Dont know if this was already posted somewhere.
I looked at your site and couldnt find if over there.

I know with Ply's mod you just get both weapons and press CTRL and scroll etc.

Anyway thanks for the mod man!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 12:53 Edited at: 8th Oct 2008 13:37
Hi Cheese Cake,

There's no dual-wield mode native to AirMod. That feature is only found in Ply's Mod.

Little Bill was kind enough to share his AirMod upgrades to MP9/10 gunspecs. Should save you a bit of time...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=133720&b=21
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 13:08
Quote: "There's no dual-wield mode native to AirMod. That feature is only found in Ply's Mod."

Aih okey thats why Thanks man!

No i thought it was also available in Airmod itself...

Will this be a plan of you Airslide? Or is Ply's mod the only mod that will include this?
Not that i want this so bad, but it would be fun to use sometimes.
Right now i am just anjoying the recoil, zooming etc!

Extremely nice, thanks again mate!

Also thanks Errant AI for pointing me to little bill's gunspecs!
Would really help me, but since i am at work i cant try them out right now. (i have to quit my job just because of this just joking)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 16:41
Quote: "Will this be a plan of you Airslide? Or is Ply's mod the only mod that will include this?"

As of now I'm gonna let Ply keep this. That's his big feature he introduced, and even though I know how to do it (although the original way I would have done it turned out to be different than his) I'm not going to infringe on his "space" right now

Little Bill
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 19:08
I know I already said it but you didn't respond so I'll say it again. Would it be possible to add a running animation slot(s) in the Gunspec and ability to not fire when running. My idea would be to lower the gun when running so it adds to the realism.

Win XP - 2GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 7300LE
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
As-is, you can set the runy=X to lower the weapon while running and you can also set the running accuracy independently although, due to the conical shot accuracy in AirMod, it's sort of a wash unless your shooting at something really far away.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2008 20:51
How do you make a weapon go to ironsights view and does it work for all weapons or do you have to use a script or something?

Thanks and nice mod
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 01:03
Quote: "How do you make a weapon go to ironsights view and does it work for all weapons or do you have to use a script or something?

Thanks and nice mod "

The ironsights are animation based, so the gun will need to be animated to do that.
Cheers

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 04:10
If AirMod ever did implement dual-wielding in it's own right... I would be just a tad suspicious of Airslide, because he has seen the source to it.

And as it stands, the Invisible Open Source Ply's Mod License clearly states that anyone who has seen the source, in part or in whole, may not thereafter implement any features exclusive to Ply's Mod into any other source under any other name.

......... yeah...... that's what it says alright!

If you need a copy, Airslide, I can send you one.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 05:02
(Dammit, Airslide, quit pushing!)

Oh.... uh.... hi, everyone!

I just wanted to let everybody know that the Invisi-License issue has been handled.... and, er... I've attached the results to this thread.

We had a little *ahem* chat on MSN to negotiate terms of use and any violations to the invisible license and came to a conclusion.

So, yeah, there it is if anyone's interested.

The one and only,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 10:36
Does airmod work in v1.13 with vista? and how do i apply it to fpsc?

Splashdownedthemonstas
http://www.freewebs.com/splashdowngames
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 12:22
So Plystire, does this mean that Airslide now has the right to implant a dual weild function?
(not stealing yours of course)

Sorry if i misunderstood it...(i am very tired...had to begin very early this morning so.)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2008 16:43
That whole thing was a bit of a joke

I never didn't have the right to implement dual wielding, but as I said earlier, I'm gonna let Ply keep that one. It's a bit of a messy endevour (not difficult to figure out, but lots of stuff that needs to be handled, much like my alternate fire).

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 00:43
Yes, dual-wielding gets very.... tricky later on down the road. You need to account for a lot of things, anywhere from how to map the keys to make it happen down to disabling other parts of FPSC (Zooming) while it's in effect. And to keep everyone happy, you need to make sure they're able to make very smooth gun transitions which lead into more and more code just handling these small animations.

Yeah, fun stuff.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 02:41
Speaking of smooth animations, I still have to setup interpolation on the altfire and simplezoom transition animations...

Its funny though, how a relatively easy or simple feature often becomes far more complicated when you start accounting for multiple possibilities...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 08:06
@Airslide:

That is commonly known as "Idiot Proofing"

It's a lovely step that I commonly skip when I'm making programs for myself... and it feels good to have the development time practically cut in half.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2008 16:46
Yea

With my DBP engine every scripting command (lua, mind you) has a check for whether or not the entity in question exists. I haven't noticed any notable slow-down with it, and since I eventually plan on allowing others to use the engine (or buy it ) I figure if it isn't hard to do it now might as well.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Did Ply just call me an idiot?

Oh, btw... I want a Death Star too LOL
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 01:48
LOL! No, Errant.

The term is used because you don't want to allow people to break it. And since developers TEND to have an over-bearing sense of "being smart"... they termed it "Idiot Proofing" because obviously the developer would never be able to break their own program, since they know how everything works.

It really takes quite a bit of thought to idiot proof something and even more thought to idiot proof what you come up with afterwards. You are a great tester, meaning you test everything in every possible way (at least, I would like to think you do ) and testers like you really help in the process.

The one and only,

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 03:04
Quote: "because obviously the developer would never be able to break their own program, since they know how everything works."

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 10:05
airslide,just incorporate one more awesome thing wich is probably pretty easy: gun jamming,in middle of shooting your gun jams,cant shoot no more so u have to reload your weapon and also make it that u can turn it off in .fpi and also the number how random does the gun jam,like 1 is 1:100 and 100 is after every reload the gun jams

Current FPSC Projects:
When Zombies Attack-10%
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 12:58
Why, seriously, why? That was the most annoying part of Halo, being chased by a couple of Hunters, only to have your Plasma rifle overheat and you have to wait until you can use it again......

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 14:55
I think it's for more realism coffeegrunt but I was annoyed when that happens to me also.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 15:05
Your players won't thank you when you have Bond's chainsaw Brute bearing down on you, and your gun jams as he's about to turn you into confetti lol......

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2008 20:20
I *may* add gun jamming, obviously as an option that you must turn on, not off (like the rest of the features except variable move animation speed). I wrote gun jamming for my gamemode in Garry's Mod 10, but that gamemode was an open-ended survival game, I don't think it'd fit well with *most* FPSC games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 18:27:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 18:27:56