Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V115 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 21:50
Quote: "Maybe we could add XNA support to our games so that we can run them on Xbox 360? When FPSCreator builds a game in "X360" mode, it creates the correct library of files required by the console.

Of course this is just an idea, but with the Xbox 360's technology, I'm sure the FPS would not be much of a problem

Anyway, I'll keep dreaming"

That seems more like something that should go into X10. I think x9 would look horrible on a TV.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 21:57
well what about downloadable games such on the xbox marketplace, fpsc could easily make games for that. this is a good idea but somthing that we will probobly not see in 1.14.

if we do see this achevments would be awsome.

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/”gorbafletch" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
gorba for dlc in the market place Microsoft would have to approve and they probably wouldn't do this because things on their market place take server space.

Anyway who likes the idea of the xbox 360 controller!?

]
Loyal Servant of The Emperor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 22:44
I didn't even know you could use a regular 360 controller on a pc. I thought you needed a special controller.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
you can but the game has to have joystick commands thats why lee wants to know the controls and what not i assume if it gets enough hype he will put it in v1.14 beta's next update which would be awesome. problem is i don't think a lot of people look under the betas.

]
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2008 23:56
I sent you that E-Mail Lee, thanks for your help mate....

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 07:29
I would have to agree with Gorba on his layout idea, but most people click the left stick to crouch and right stick to zoom.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2008 22:07
I agree with Toasty.

I always associate the left stick with movements, crouching would be involved. And I always associate the right stick with views, like looking around and zooming in.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 04:34
Ya, I agree with Plystire, personally I would switch Zoom to be right click and Crouch to be left click. I believe that was the style Halo used.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 01:56
Yeah, Halo, and just about every other FPS I own, apart from the COD series.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 10:01
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Based on the thread, I am going to add the XBOX controller (as attached) and after a few tests and tweaks, upload it as the last beta and final V114. I know there are niggles and features that could go in but I only have a week of actual work days left and I want to leave everything stable and working. Give me a quick thumbs-up on the attached JPG of the XBOX controls and I will get stuck in. Customising these controls will come in a future version.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 10:16
Hmmm... I'm not sure about using the left trigger as sprinting, I think people will want to use that for ironsights if it is ever used with a mod.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 12:27
New BETA uploaded. Check out the XBOX 360 controls for those that have the device and let me know it performs for you. This will be the final beta subject to tweaks of the XBOX input tweaks and any show stoppers. If you find any, email me or post here asap.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 12:46 Edited at: 8th Dec 2008 12:51
Congrats, very nice addition.

Looking forward to seeing how this runs. Opens up a lot of doors. Thanks.

*edit - Your latest updates over this past year, have improved fps for me so much, its crazy. The AI is now fully trying to kill me...

Lockheart
Years of Service
User Offline
Since trying out the BETA2 patch, I'm no longer able to control the camera and its fixed on looking up at the ceiling and spinning uncontrollably I can move in any direction but I cannot see anything but the ceiling anymore. I thought at first this was due to maybe my controller but even with it unplugged it still does it. Going back to 1.13 fixed my problem though. Shame I really wanted to use my 360 controller for this.
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 20:04
Quote: "Since trying out the BETA2 patch, I'm no longer able to control the camera and its fixed on looking up at the ceiling and spinning uncontrollably "

I got same problem
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2008 22:35
Hmmm, it appears lee set left bumber as sprint, which was what I was thinkin 2 seconds before I saw it

off topic- sweet sig deca, I ruined that game lol

MK83
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 00:28
Awesome LEE, works like a charm. How about the waypoint problem I posted at the top of page 2? Any help?

[href][/href]
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
awesome Lee ill try in a minute i need to get on my pc (im on my ps3 right now)

]
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 01:48 Edited at: 9th Dec 2008 01:49
Nice update Lee

Having controls in FPSC the same as AAA 360 first person shooters is going to make a big improvement to the core gameplay.

Great idea. Shame you can't use a standard 360 controller and have to get a special Windows one.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=090
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906347

Also what are LEVELEQUAL=X and LEVELNOTEQUAL=X for?
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 01:57 Edited at: 9th Dec 2008 01:58
or use a wired one, all you need is the downloadable software and a reciver.

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 02:12 Edited at: 9th Dec 2008 02:15
I use my normal wireless 360 controller on pc games which support it... I just needed to buy a usb wireless receiver for it, which came with the software...

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 02:20
Quote: "* Added two new FPI conditions (LEVELEQUAL=X and LEVELNOTEQUAL=X) where X is level"

What are these commands for?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 02:28
So you can use the same AI script for enemies, but have certain things kick in only on certain levels?

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 03:12
OMG I stand very much corrected.

I installed the 360 controller for Windows drivers then plugged in my wired 360 pad and it works.

The sensitivity and controls are exactly the same as when playing 360 games so FPSC suddenly feels like your playing a top console game. The only control that didn't seem to have been mapped for me is using the start button to pause and exit the game so have to use escape but otherwise perfect.

THIS IS COOL.

Link to Windows drivers for anyone with a wired/wirelss 360 pad:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=Gaming

I've got a wireless pad and USB receiver in PC but when I switch it on it just boots up my 360 and doesn't get picked up in Windows. I'll try and figure that out but this is definately going to be the future for FPSC gameplay.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 04:21 Edited at: 9th Dec 2008 04:22
Lee i guess a lot of people like my suggestion. lol thanks a bunch for putting it in.

]
Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 11:20
You can't build a house on shifting sand. I think I'll wait for the migration and the timer based system before building my game

Free Segment Packs: V1-http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124552&b=24
V2 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124709&b=24
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 20:36
im waiting to get my hands on the 1.13 source code so i can modify it a bit to my needs for my laptop

Current FPSC Projects:
When Zombies Attack-20% (ON HOLD)
Doomsday RPG-5%
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 22:41
If the next source code that gets released is 1.13, it's going to be a while before we can start making games that can be used with the 360 control pad using mods
Plasma Steel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 23:13
I got one thing that i would like to see if not added or going to be added.

PS3 Controller Support if possible and details on how to make it work.

Also I was wandering if maybe you put a WYSIWYG menu editor right into FPSC, and make entities editable

Join Plasma Steel Games for all the latest gaming news.
Plasma Steel Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2008 23:24
i have to tried to install the latest update(not beta) and it won't install
it will get to deleting the files and it will say found *what ever the filename is* and then it stops

Join Plasma Steel Games for all the latest gaming news.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 01:06
I have used xpadder to configure my ps2 controller to work with FPSC so I figure a ps3 controller would work as well.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
360 controller yayyyyyy!!! Now if the player would look someplace other than up that would be awesome!!!

Up is the only direction the player can look. No other direction just up. Straight up, and spins in a circle. I can't make the the player look any other direction but up.

This did not happen with the update before this.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 05:15
Not sure why other people are getting this camera facing up and spinning issue but working fine for me.

The only time I usually get things like that is when theres a calibration issue of the left stick was being pressed in a particular direction when the game is loading and gets stuck.

Adding support for a 360 controller was a great move.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 05:31 Edited at: 10th Dec 2008 07:54
Stuck buttons is not the cause of this. I have covered that angle. I have reinstalled the Beta1 update and it works fine now. Therefore it seems reasonable that the issue is with the Beta2 update.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 18:25
I get the spinning camera too

Free Segment Packs: V1-http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124552&b=24
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
That makes at least three people that have the camera issue. The issue is with the update. It does not matter who doesn't have it. It only matters that the issue exists at all. It is not my intention to be snappy though I know that I must sound that way. It is my intention however to call attention to a problem with this last update.

Happy days!!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 19:04
BETA3 uploaded. The XBOX flag in SETUP.INI now only works in the actual standalone game. I might go forth and auto-activate this flag if the controller is detected. Let me know.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Great Lee thanks!

Have you had time to look at the camera issue?

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 19:38
If you re-read the first post...

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Camera issue fixed! Yay!!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 17:04
BETA11 uploaded. This one solves the issue of characters not reappearing where they where when you reload a saved level.

Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 17:19
Lee,how many more updates will we recieve before you begin the migration? I assume it will be out in 2009?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 22:14
@Lee:

Does that fix also mean objects being held by the player will still be held by the player when reloading a saved game?

The one and only,

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 00:01
@Lee:

Once version 1.x is finished--I'm assuming version 1.14 will be the last for version 1.x--will you be releasing the source code for v1.14? I hope, I hope, I hope.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
hey lee is their a button to pick up dynamic objects like boxes on the xbox 360 controller.

]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 06:15
@hockeykid:

I think it would be the same button as Zoom, since that's how it is when using Mouse'n'Keyboard.

The one and only,

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 16:19 Edited at: 12th Dec 2008 16:55
When I save a game at a point where there is an enemy attacking me and reload it, the enemy is invisible and cannot be killed but still attacks and causes damage.

This only seems to happen when the enemy is set not to spawn at start and is triggered into spawning by a zone marker. After the enemy has been triggered and has spawned, then the game is saved and then loaded is when this takes place.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2008 18:26
Great that Xbox controller works! That will probably make FPSC games alittle better
And Lee, didnt you add support for 3D googles for DarkBasic? Or was it for a "3D without googles" screen? That would be really cool to have in FPSC Just asuggestion
I know I hear Plystire talk about it...

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
This is so freaking cool, thanks, really really thanks. XBOX 360 WOW Man nice job on that....HIHAAAAHAHH

Red Eye Productions © Copyright 2008

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 11:31:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 11:31:00