Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V115 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 04:33
do anybody know how to get the xbox=1 to work. I don't see any flag for it. if so where in the setup ini does it go.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 18:48
@ nickydude

You dont stand "In between" them, you stand facing them at the center of the two, so one generator takes up half your screen, the other takes up the other half.

Good to hear others can reproduce it.

I think lee should take a look at this as i now have these problems in a lot of places in a lot of my previously built levels, not good =/

http://www.fpsc.seqoiagames.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 22:09
@michael x:

Put it at the bottom if there isn't already a flag.

The one and only,

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@michael x:

Put it at the bottom if there isn't already a flag."

when i do that it gets deleted when i test the game

]
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 03:05
Lee, I have a request for the next version; Would you be able to set the default resolution to something higher? 800x600 is really not pretty.

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 15:05
Isn't the default resolution 1024x768? I agree with the suggestion though. Maybe it would be possible to have FPSC games detect the desktop resolution and automatically change the in-game res to it? Testing in 1024 on a widescreen monitor does look a bit weird.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 21:00
Quote: "Well, my first results had to do with just attacking an npc that was spawned at the start of the level and then saving/loading the game. the npc was still visible. The above result is as I have mentioned in two/three posts. My last post has an fpm where the two characters are not spawned at the beginning. They will spawn when you enter into the trigger zones. Once they are spawned and you save/load the game then they are invisible. These are unarmed characters and so they are standing still. I am sure Lee will be able to verify this and hopefully he will fix it. It is serious as a lot of people will be spawning characters throughout their games. I am surprised that nobody else has discovered this but I don't think very many people are actually testing v1.14."

Please see my previous posts regarding this issue.

@ Lee, Since this was not fixed for the official version 1.14, will it be fixed for the migration? I assume so as this is a very crucial problem because if it is not fixed then it is useless to use the save/load function ability. Or if one wants to use that ability then we cannot use the function to not spawn the npc at first and then to spawn it later.

I am going to try to see if there is a work around for this so that those using the current versions of FPSC (1.x) will be able to both use a unspawned npc and then to save/load the game.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 23:16
Quote: "Isn't the default resolution 1024x768?"

Same difference.

It's just a pain because it looks like garbage, and you have to build your game to get good screens.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 23:45
A work-around is not possible. Too much is hard-coded. It will have to be fixed in the source code.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 23:15
every one is so helpful around here
Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2009 23:17
Quote: "I still need to get v1.13"

U mean u have to get all the other uptdates to get the newest one!?!?!?!?!?
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 13:19
no,just download 1.14 and install

Current FPSC Projects:
When Zombies Attack-20% (ON HOLD)
Doomsday RPG-5%
CSGames94
Years of Service
User Offline
Xbox 360 Controller Works Great With it. You should add the ability to have the Y Axis inverted, But It is great.
Claws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 19:29
A quick question for Lee: Will you release the source code for FPS Creator 1.1x series? Or will you wait until the migration? It would be nice to have the source, since we have so many talented coders in the community. They could even help TGC to develop new features and fix bugs.
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 00:39
Quote: "A quick question for Lee: Will you release the source code for FPS Creator 1.1x series? Or will you wait until the migration? It would be nice to have the source, since we have so many talented coders in the community. They could even help TGC to develop new features and fix bugs."

I can answer that, the answer is no, he won't, the next source he plans to release is the migration source. At least that's what he told me.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 21:09
Wait, Mig source release? Thank you Lee!

*slap!*
Quiet yourself, think before posting, and maybe you won't be as ignorant as you seem.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 18:28
What exactly should happen when the XBOX controller is inverted? Is it just the MOUSELOOK stick that has an inverted Y?

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 18:41
Yes, it just inverts the way the Y view is used, so move up to look down etc.

-FCV

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 22:01
hi
i have a question
i have the 1.14 official update and i cannot use my wired 360 controller
i use it for all may games and don't see whats the problem
any help?

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 16:18
Find a new V115 BETA uploaded to sort out the urgent save load issues reported towards the end of V114 testing. For info on getting the XBOX controller to work, check out the README notes at the start of this thread. Some feedback on other posts below:

Disappearing geometry (v114-2bugs.fpm) : Long standing bug when static geometry placed in a culled section of universe. Will be looking at a better culling system for the migration version. Workaround solution is to adjust the position so the generator is fully inside a segment tile.

The 9th Cell : If you have a problem with your version reverting to the free version, email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com and we can look closer at it.

michael x: Leave FPS Creator before adding the XBOX=1 field

Toasty Fresh & Roger Wilco : No new features will go into X9 now, as the migration version will encompass all new ideas and additions to the engine

This V115 is simply to ensure the save load is corrected for the scenarios you are finding in your game level reloading. We can leave the BETA open until we are reasonably happy that the save load has a purpose in FPS Creator, and we can look at a more comprehensive (save everything) system for the migration version.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 21:48
i don't see an XBOX flag in my setup ini file, would i add it in at the bottom or under a category? and if so what category would i add it to?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 23:35
Close FPSC completely, then add it to the setup.ini file wherever you like.

The one and only,

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 00:43
Quote: "* New parameter value for XBOX=2 which will invert the Y VIEW control for comfort"

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I will test this right away, but I'm sure you nailed it.
Bless your heart Lee, and thanks again.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 07:16
still no luck
(image of where i put it attaced)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Korean G
Years of Service
User Offline
nice update Lee. good? waypoint.

ddsd
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Does this patch make the game faster to?? And won' t it say thats the free version, because previous time it was really anoying when i upgraded to .13

IV
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 11:01
The Playstation 3 controller works it on FPSC.?
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope

IV
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 15:07
My scroll bar dissapears in the new beta so have to scroll up and down via the mouse wheel. (screenshot attached) Happens in some of the segment folders aswell.

This happen to anyone else?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 16:02
Quote: "My scroll bar dissapears in the new beta so have to scroll up and down via the mouse wheel. (screenshot attached) Happens in some of the segment folders aswell.

This happen to anyone else? "

Nope. I'm using v1.15. I'm not sure but you might have to uninstall v1.0. Reinstall it including entering your serial number when asked and then run the v1.15 update. Don't worry it doesn't delete any custom stuff when you uninstall. I'm not sure if this will take care of your problem or not. If it doesn't contact TGC. Be sure and delete the BIN and DBO files after doing the update.

@Gorba
Quote: "still no luck"

Be sure and exit FPSC if you are running it, then add that line. If you had made sure FPSC wasn't running then perhaps it is the blank line. Delete that blank line. If that doesn't work try putting the line here:

============================

[GAMERUN]
realgameview=0
dynamiclighting=1
dynamicshadows=0
useeffects=0
useeffectsonguns=0
useeffectsonscene=0
useeffectsonentities=0
dividetexturesize=0
optimizemode=1
hsrmode=0
xbox=1

A blank line where you have it in your image may cause the setup.ini file to not read the next line as it is probably trying to find the next "category" and there isn't one.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for another update so soon.

@Flatlander, looks like the Save/Load problems you found may have been fixed. Good luck with your tests if you continue with those, I am sure I will give it a whirl also and see what happens when I get time to try it out.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 18:16
Yes, I think so, as soon as I have a break from the project I am working on I will test it thoroughly again. I am sure all that Lee has fixed is fixed. I already checked out the spawned characters in a save/load scenario and it does work.

IMHO, I think what is fixed now should be good enough until the migration. I really do hope Lee can get started on that soon. I believe he is close to having fixed some of the bigger problems with X10 and verifying that the model packs work.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 20:10
well my problem with the gray editor and test game not working is still there,so looks like i might have to buy a new fpsc,or maybe buy migration version when it comes out

A.K.A. djmaster
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 20:34 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 22:12
I tried to build a new level using V115 and the build game screen would not let me rename the "Game Project Filename". I tried it on some older levels and got the same thing. I clicked the "Build Game Executable" button and nothing happened. No errors, no nothing. I had to end task to get out of FPSC. I have tried this many times and it has done the same thing many times. This is the first time I have had this issue. I took all of the standard troubleshooting steps and it made no difference.

-------------------------------------

First attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I opened a level built with V115 that has only the player and ground in it.

Clicked "File" and then "Build Game".

I clicked the "New" button and tried to change the name of the fpg file to the name of the fpg that corresponded with the level that I was trying to build. After that no other buttons on the build screen functioned.

===============================
Second Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

Clicked nothing on the "Game Proect Settings" Screen and went straight to the "Build Settings" screen.

I changed the name of the EXE file.

I clicked the "Build Game Executable" button and the game apeared to build.

I tried to run the game and it gave the following error: "Runtime Error 1002 - Bitmap does not exist at line 6" and the game would not even start.
====================================
Third Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I then clicked the little square button next to the "New" button and chose the fpg I wanted.

I went right to the "Build Settings" screen and clicked "Build Game Executable" and the game built.

I ran the game without issue.
=============================
Fourth Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I then clicked the little square button next to the "New" button and chose the fpg I wanted.

I went to "Level Settings" screen and re chose my fpm.

I went to the "Textures" screen and set it to "No Lightmaps" and the resolution to 128X128.

I went to the "Build Settings" screen and clicked "Build Game Executable" and the game built.

I tried to run the game and it gave the following error: "Runtime Error 1002 - Bitmap does not exist at line 6" and the game would not even start.
======================================
Fifth Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I went right to the "Build Settings" screen and clicked "Build Game Executable" and the game built.

=====================================
Sixth Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I went right to the "Build Settings" screen and clicked "Build Game Executable" and got the "Extra Debug Info: 00" error.
=======================================
Seventh Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I tried to run the game and it gave the following error: "Runtime Error 1002 - Bitmap does not exsist at line 6" and the game would not even start.
Eighth Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

Eighth Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I tried to run the game and it gave the following error: "Runtime Error 1002 - Bitmap does not exsist at line 6" and the game would not even start.
Ninth Attempt:

Opened FPSC.

I went to "Level Settings" screen and re chose my fpm.

I went to the "Textures" screen and set it to "No Lightmaps" and the resolution to 128X128.

I went to the "Build Settings" screen and clicked "Build Game Executable" and the game built.

Closed FPS.

Built game ran just fine.
=======================================

It seems that I get the error "Runtime Error 1002 - Bitmap does not exist at line 6" only when I try to run a built game when FPSC is running.

However the issue of hitting the "New" button to change the name of the file still holds true for the build proccess freezing.

----------------------------------------------------

With the start of the 115 updates hopefully we can get the ability to play FPSC games in a window and not just full screen. Not letting the game capture the mouse would also be very useful.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 23:51 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 23:52
I built a level with v115, then edited the setup with the xbox=2, and it worked fine for me.

Quote: "still no luck
(image of where i put it attaced)"

You need to load, save, then build your level with v115.
If you are simply adding that line to an existing game then it isn't going to work.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 00:09
it aint working

im using the 1.14 editor

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 00:20 Edited at: 12th Feb 2009 00:29
Why are you using all caps??? (XBOX=1)

Try it with lowercase like all the ret of the stuff in there is.
Maybe its case sensitive so try xbox=1 in stead of XBOX=1.

Edit
Nevermind, I just tested it and it is NOT case senstive. (I used all caps and it worked for me.
I put mine at the end and it works fine...

Quote: "

key8=19
key9=16
key10=18
key11=42
slot1=
slot2=
slot3=
slot4=
slot5=
slot6=
slot7=
slot8=
slot9=
levelmax=1
levelfpm1=mapbankcashleveltest.fpm
levelfpi1=languagebankenglishgamebankxboxtest2loadingpage.fpi
XBOX=1

"

Are you sure the controller is being recognized by the computer?
You are using the XBOX360 controller right?

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 00:28 Edited at: 12th Feb 2009 00:30
yes, i use it for all my games portal, GOW, FC2
ive tried it at the bottom, one space lower and where it is now.
and i am using an xbox 360 controller

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 00:30
Strange then, I dunno, unless the install was corrupted.
Try installing again.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 00:30 Edited at: 12th Feb 2009 02:58
ok, ill try that

EDIT
nope, didnt work

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2009 18:52
OK, Lee, I just built a game. The spawn works as mentioned before with the save/load. However, a new problem has cropped up, which hopefully can be fixed quickly. After loading a saved game: ALL the doors continually opens and closes. I have one door I put default.fpi into the AI main and it even opens and closes. I promised this game by tonight but I just will rebuild without the save option available. If ever it gets to a place where it can be used I will just update it for them.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I have this issue also. It seems to only happen with:

Remote operated doors
Key operated Doors

It does not seem to happen with:

Use doors
Auto doors

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 03:41
Thanks lee. havent tested yet but would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add recoil to the guns? all of us here really need that. (i think).thx

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 03:52
Hi lee,beta 115V is very good optmize and faster.
but appear new bugs...like hide dynamic entity and application error..
And,next beta add realistic features.
because,I thinks fpsc get more funny and realistic..
Therefore,fpsc add gun recoil and camera shaking scripts...

hi!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:15 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 04:17
I believe everything Lee is going to add to v1.x has been added. You will have to wait for migration for new features.

Shooter, gun recoil is not important to me but I can see by your forum name it probably would be for you. And probably for a lot of people who are doing pure first person shooter games.

IMHO, realism is nice but I don't think it is absolutely necessary for a good game. Also, you will never be able to get the realism found in commercial games unless you had their resources. So we need to live with what we have and just have fun making fun games.

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:56 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 04:58
ok thanks.
I hard to making game.
absolutely,Lee hard to solve many problems and add new features...
If we dream it, we can do it
I think fpsc will add many features...
because,success is never a destination...

hi!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 06:12
Quote from Scurvy Lobster...

Quote: "The game uses the standard ww2 bazooka as the only weapon but the rockets only fire in the very first level of the game. Going to level two or restarting it due to death causes the bazooka to fire with no visible rockets (and the shots only explode if they hit an enemy directly - not if they hit a wall)."

Scurvy Lobster is using V1.14 and I was easily able to replicate this issue with V1.15.

Best.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 10:07
Yes, the bazooka is broken. More info in this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145338&b=21&p=0
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 13:48
Hi Guys,

Some feedback on the thread so far:

gorba flamingo : Do not try getting the XBOX controller working for test game, set the XBOX=1 flag in the SETUP.INI of your final standalone executable and then run that game. Providing you have your controller connected and configured, you should have XBOX controls.

rakker126 : Email me at lee@thegamecreators.com if you are getting the 'free version' problem with your full version

cram : No support for any other controller except for the XBOX360 controller (hard-coded for X9).

traynor : Does the 'my scroll bar dissapears' problem happen with V113 and V114? Does anyone else experience this problem?

incense : Did this instability with building executables happen with V113 and V114? There are a number of files required for this process that can potentially corrupt to cause the problems you are getting. I suggest you make a complete back-up and re-install V1.0. From V1.0 attempt to build a fresh level, then click the BUILD GAME\Project NEW button to see if you can create a new project and build your level as a standalone executable (to test against your system). Make sure you manually delete your old FPS Creator folder (at your own risk) to ensure no rogue files remain from the old installation.

Flatlander & incense : Fixed and solved for the next beta, thanks

The Shooter : No new features will be added to V115, this is just to solve the save/load issues.

fpsc bug repoter : Please provide a detailed report on how I can get the 'hide dynamic entity' and 'application error' bugs you refer to. There are no plans to 'add realistic features' in V115, only to solve the save/load issues.

xplosys : The issue 'ww2 bazooka as the only weapon but the rockets only fire in the very first level of the game' is a tricky one. I have reproduced it, and will look at it for the next beta..

I will continue tinkering with the next beta and will upload something when I have conducted a few more tests.

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 16:02
Thanks Lee Bamber!

I found new bug!
After save game...,when i load game,i respawned in the sky
I wait next next next next...... beta add realistic as recoil and bloom [i think i don't like motion blur because it is very slow.]

Thank you so much,again again ~~~~~~
lee,cheer up!

Success is never a destination.puppysss - fpsc bug reporter

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 11:28:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 11:28:11