Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V115 BETA - Public Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 11:30
Ahh...Could do THat is a good idea as that was in CoD5 too >.<.

-FCV

Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 21:38
i like your idea too
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jan 2009 02:19
Maybe that's where I got it from...

Actually I was just playing it to.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 03:21 Edited at: 7th Jan 2009 03:26
Quote: "* Added support for XBOX360 controller with hard coded controls (customize to come in 2009)"

As I said before; AWSESOME!
Thank you very much.

Quote: "One suggestion that struck a note in me was adding XBOX 360 controller support, largely because I have had this controller sitting on my shelf for years now and I really need to do something practical with it. I have attached a prototype which shows the proposed mapping to the existing FPSC keys. I am not going to support customising these mappings until the migration but it might be a cool thing for your projects if you have an XBOX 360 controller and want to use it in FPSC. If you can give feedback as to which buttons you feel are best mapped to the FPSC keys, and we can reach agreement it might go in V114."

I tested my xbox360 controller (went and got one) and I like the set you have pretty much for the controls.

One thing I might suggest on the customized controls is an invert option for the stick that controls the aim. (right stick)

I understand the go up with the stick then aim up mentality, but there is the other way of looking at it.
If you imagine the stick as being our body then lean forward would look down and pull back would look up.
Like an airplane's controls are; you pull back to go up and push forward to go down.

Anyway, can we please get an invert option? (maybe an xbox=2)

I was thinking of that customization of controls and was wondering.

Is that going to be where we set each thing or will it be where we select one of several preset configurations?

If it is the latter, then I was thinking the xbox=x flag could be more than a boolean.
So, xbox=4 might be the fourth preset configuration, and so on with xbox=0 being the default off.

Just a thought.

Quote: "Given the continued reports, V114 will not be released. We will resume BETA testing in January 2009. Thanks for your feedback!"

Thank you for the betas!

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 10:10
If we now have support for the 360 controller, that means TGC could add support for split screen, in another ten years or so.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 17:40
Quote: "in another ten years or so. "

I'm sure Lee could add a camera or 3 if he wanted too.
However, I do not see the the urgent need for that split screen feature, since you already have multiplayer capabilities via networking.
I personally dislike sharing the screen with another player because they can see your point of view, thus compromising your position.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2009 22:09
And that is why my brother pwns me in CoD4.

Multiplayer's important, but not needed. Let's get X10 Migration finished before we focus on MP.

Kola
Semi-covert ops in north Russia
TBA 2009
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 01:50
Quote: "However, I do not see the the urgent need for that split screen feature, since you already have multiplayer capabilities via networking."

Yeah, but that's a pain in the butt. If one of your mates comes over for a round of multiplayer Xbox or something, and you get bored, just plug in another controller and play some FPSC multi rather than set up another computer.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
When is Lee supposed to come back?

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 21:27
never... No but after he is done updating X10

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
well he said he would finish with v1.14 then start updating x10. (i think)

]
Years of Service
User Offline
Build game bug continue to crash with large level and static light
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2009 22:47
I am just getting X10 V109 ready for a BETA and then I will return to take a quick peek at V114. I want to get V114 official, but not before you guys think it is not foing to make matters worse for current V113 owners. I will review the thread next week, and pick out those things that are urgent and skip over feature requests or things that belong in the migration. Sorry if I don't get to every bug out there, but V114 was only intended as an optimisation of the build game process and some quick XBOX controller code, and was not really on the grand plan Thanks for the feedback, I will reply soon.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2009 23:00
Thanks for tht update, Lee.

Sorry to bother you about this, but any more news on the X10 Migration?

Kola
Semi-covert ops in north Russia
TBA 2009
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 04:34 Edited at: 10th Jan 2009 04:45
Quote: "And that is why my brother pwns me in CoD4"

LOL
My brother won't play my FPSC games because he doesn't like using the keyboard.
He has an Xbox 360, so now his only excuse will be that he needs the aim inverted. (he uses the other method / forward=down back=up)
The funny thing is, I had chosen the same style Lee uses when configuring the controllers in games I played in the past.
However, I got tired of going into the options every time I was at my brothers house, so I started playing the other way.
It took a long time to get used to the other way, and I really do not want to go back.
These things are like habits after awhile, and its hard to break. (I keep aiming the wrong way.... try playing your favorite shooter inverted)
I'll just have to re-train my aim back to the right way. (up is up and down is down)
Anyway, I really hope we can get an invert option for the aim to suit more players, but I can wait if the alternate configurations are on the back burner.

Quote: "I will review the thread next week, and pick out those things that are urgent and skip over feature requests or things that belong in the migration"

I look forward to every update.
It's all good.

Thanks again Lee

les
Years of Service
User Offline
Will the XBOX controller code, work with a multiplayer game, so you and a friend could both have a controller and sit in front of the pc and play a game you create?

also with a tv tuner card and whatever hookup could you play from the pc to the tv? (game running on the pc, but using your tv for the monitor)

Thanks
les
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 01:35
One thing I really don't understand is how a subfolder can be missed when the build program is copying all of the necessary files to the game file. It can even be a subfolder where several subfolders that were needed actually have been copied. I had purchased Rolfy's sky textures and everytime I use one of them, it never gets copied. "rolfy_skies" subfolder of Skybank gets created but the subfolder (e.g. Cty) does not.

Now, it is no big deal for me as I know how to copy all of the missed files into the necessary folder/subfolder of the game files. But, I wonder how many are really frustrated when this happens and don't know what to do?

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 18:15 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 00:33
I'm having problems with my animations.
It seems that I am losing my keyframes somehow.

I thought is was V114 at first but I now know it wasn't, so I edited this post.

Sorry for the false alarm.

It was user error: I had overlooked one of the Milkshape Export settings that was defaulted incorrectly after a fresh install.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 14:30
Hi Guys,

V114 BETA Reports : The goal of V114 is only to improve build performance and ensure we don't break anything from V113 on earlier. The reported issues below are some of those that I read in the thread above, and as they all exhibit the same problem in V113 they should not prevent V114 from being released with the new fixes and features. A later update will solve the issues below:

Entity with shader in a room with dynamic light
T corridor, door gone
The tab controls do not work
Build game bug continue to crash

There are a few more issues too, but we can deal with those again. V114 looks almost ready to go public and the only fix that breaks V113 functionality was the report about the save/load feature which reverses characters. I will check that out now and if I can fix it before I disappear for a week, then I will upload a new V114 and look at making it official for next week. Failing that, I will resume the work in a weeks time.

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 16:30
BETA5 uploaded with the save/load fix. I propose making this the official update replacing V113 so existing FPSC users can get access to the features in V114 not present in V113. Thoughts?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 16:59
Lee, welcome back. I trust you had a great Christmas vacation.

Yes, make this one the official update. I confirm the save/load fix. I trust you Lee, but I think you know it is always good to get confirmation. Glad you were able to fix it before the weekend. Have a great weekend, BTW.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 17:01
When i installed this update, i noticed that there was not a request for the serial, wont this allow fpsc-free users to install the update and use the purchase version's features? (ie: build game)

also, when i load fpsc, it says that i am using fpsc free.

why is this?

thanks
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 17:17 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 17:38
GamerDude, I'm not sure when it started but all of the current updates do not ask for the serial number anymore. The installer checks all this out.

If you have already purchased FPSC, you should have a file in the FPSC directory called: userdetails.ini

It looks like this:

If you don't have this file you can actually create it yourself as it is a text file. Make it just like this only supply the correct information.

If you have this file then for some reason the SN info is not comparing to that which is found in the windows registry. You will probably need to uninstall V1.0 and re-install it. Then install version 1.14. The uninstall will not effect any custom files you have loaded.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 17:31 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 17:47
After loading a saved game that has an attacking enemy, the enemy is invisible and cannot be killed.

I also made a level where the player tosses the stock head model into a stock barrel model in a room made with stock segments. Some of the heads bounce through walls and fall through the floor.

Would someone please verify these things please?

Laptop specs:
Operating System = Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 3)
IBM thinkPad 2652-J3U
Intel Pentium 4
CPU = 1.60GHz
RAM = 1GIG
Video = ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
Audio = SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 17:41 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 17:55
I'm sorry incense, I can't verify this. I had a test regarding the reversed character issue that is now fixed and in that test, the first character that is confronted, I shoot once and then save the game. After loading the saved game this character is still visible and attacking.

Addendum

Click the download button for the fpm I used for my tests. If you used "Full shaders" I did not."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for giving it a shot F l a t l a n d e r.

Anyone else have this issue?

Laptop specs:
Operating System = Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 3)
IBM thinkPad 2652-J3U
Intel Pentium 4
CPU = 1.60GHz
RAM = 1GIG
Video = ATI Mobility Radeon 7500
Audio = SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio
All drivers up to date.
Most current DirectX.

If my specs are the issue would someone please show me where to get the information that verifies this?

Thanks.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 17:59 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 18:00
I'm not sure about the video card. If you are trying to use "full shaders" then that might be a problem. I can't ever get "full shaders" to work 100% on any of the video cards I've used so I just stick to using lights and making sure "dynamic" lighting is turned on.

I know there are some cool effects using full shaders but all of the other issues I have are not worth it for me.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I used default settings when building the game.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 18:26
Wow, I'm not sure what's going on, then. Of course, you can always punt. Ooops, this is probably a US cultural phrase.

Another question, when you installed this update did you delete (cleaned) the DBO's and BIN's? Should do that if you didn't. In the FPSC directory there is an EXE file called "FPSCreatorCleaner.exe" Try running this.

Anyway, punting in this case would probably be to uninstall v1.0 and re-installing, then install the current version 1.114 beta 5 and make sure to let the cleaner run.

Try downloading the fpm (above couple of posts) I provided and see what happens; before and then after. This fpm works for me and has stock entities and segments.

I will use default settings myself and see what happens.

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I always make sure to delete all the DBO and BIN files. I have also done a uninstall and reinstall of FPSC. None of that worked.

I turned off Dynamic Lighting and that fixed it. I then turned it back on and built the game again and it is still fixed. Runs just like I want it to.

I have no clue.

Just one for the books I guess.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 19:09
That happens to me a lot. Sometimes it seems to fix itself

Well, glad it's working now!

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 21:50
if the built game runs properly

and i can make great levels in it

then im happy

will my existing levels with entity's such as characters work if they were made in 1.13 and i want to upgrade to 1.14? and if not is there a way i can prepare them for 1.14?

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 22:23 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 22:25
Levels I have made in v1.07 have worked in both 1.13 and 1.14. Also levels I have made in 1.13 have also worked in 1.14. In fact I made a level in 1.14 and went back to 1.13 just to see if 1.14 was broken for that map/level. It worked fine and in fact had shown that 1.14 indeed needed to be fixed and it was fixed in this last beta.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 00:20
very nice, levels with characters and trigger zones right?

ya, if its all working id say its good to go!

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
GamerDude
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 13:19 Edited at: 17th Jan 2009 13:43
Ok, i am not happy now when i go build game it says i got fpsc free and that i need to purchase the upgrade, also no textures show. i dont have the time to re-install this and i would like a fix. Also, it says that i have fpsc free. i would like to know why.

Ok, i didnt have a userdetails.ini file in my fpsc directory, now it works after i made one.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 19:01 Edited at: 18th Jan 2009 19:06
In another thread there was a problem with disappearing segments. I hate to do this but I did find a time when we see the disappearing_segment_trick. The following is the map I used for the test (can download it if you like.)

Most players will not do this, however if you go to the edge of the double bay door, there is a point where portions of the segment on one side of the door disappears. See the following two images:

This is the only time I was able to duplicate this issue. And, it was only using the double bay doors. If it's too time consuming to fix perhaps it can be overlooked for now as I had mentioned above, few players will go to the edge of the door in this manner. One can always make sure that the player is drawn through the door immediately.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2009 23:12 Edited at: 19th Jan 2009 23:21
I'm having a few issues with save/load. Some of them may be how I have scripted the entities. However, I will try to document and provide FPMs for those issues using ONLY stock items and scripts. Here is the first one having to do with waypoints. This is a simple way point as can be seen by the map. There are two issues with this one.

The first image below shows the npc as he has turned the corner and is coming toward the player. It is here that I save the game:

After I load the game, the npc is not coming towards the player but is moving away from the player back to the first waypoint node. The next image shows this.

The npc will then turn around and come back towards the player as it was before it was saved. This is shown in the next image.

Now no matter where the game was saved, the npc will get to the last node of the waypoint and will return. However, when it gets to the start of the waypoint it will NOT turn around and the npc is stuck in animation 2 as shown in the following image. Although you really can't see it in the still photo.

The fpm is attached to the download button. The fpi used was simply the follow.fpi.

Addendum:

There was another instance when the npc, after the load, would actually return to the start of the waypoint instead of the going to the last waypoint and it still got stuck. However, I had problems trying to duplicate this a second time.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 00:38 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 00:41
OK, here is another couple of issues with waypoints. It does require a custom script which is at the end of this post. What I am trying to do is have an npc stop in front of the player and speaks to him (player disabled until this happens). Once the player moves away from the npc, the npc activates another npc near by and the npc will walk a waypoint. I destroy the first npc. However, it is not destroyed here because I want to show the first issue with save/load.

The first image shows the npc at the end of the waypoint he had followed. This is where he will talk to the player.

The next image shows the second npc when the player is at a determined distance from the first. You notice that the back of the first npc is toward the player as it should be and that the second npc is now spawned and walking toward the player. It is following a NEW (different) waypoint.

Now the next (third) image shows the two issues. I saved the game sometime after the second image. Now I load the game and the third image shows the problems. The first npc is now sideways rather than having his back to the player. In other words he has rotated. The biggest issue is that the second npc has totally disappear. However, you can hear the footsteps of the invisible npc as it continues to walk the waypoint.

Here is an image of the map and you can download the fpm with the download button.

The script follows for the first npc. The second npc uses the follow.fpi:

Attachments

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I to have had problems with invisible NPCs.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 02:43 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 03:42
Quote: "I to have had problems with invisible NPCs."

Do they happen to be following waypoints at the time you saved the game? I have not found this issue except with the one that I had just explained above.

Addendum1

Ok I tried a different type of test and I believe that when "spawn at start" is set to no and then it is spawned at a later time and then when the game is save and loaded, that particular npc shows up invisible rather than visible as when it started out originally.

The fpm is found on the download button. It is all stock including the script. Just build a game, start it, go pickup the battery. A target zone will activate the ifused property and aiko will spawn. Then save the game, reload and you will find that aiko is not visible but should be of course.

Addendum2

OK, now I deleted the waypoint for Aiko and the same thing happens. When you pickup the battery and Aiko is spawned and save/load the game, then Aiko is invisible again. So, apparently it has nothing to do with the waypoints but with the fact that the npc is actually invisible to begin with and then spawned later. I remember saying that I could not reproduce an npc that is invisible. However, I think I have now.

I believe that this is definitely a serious issue and should be addressed.

Attachments

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I was worried that I might be the only one that has this issue.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 05:01 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 05:01
incense, I was wondering as well why I couldn't replicate the problem. It is always good to be able to try and give as much information about a problem that you can. If I knew your npc's were spawned in-game I would have originally tested it that way but I didn't. I have included a download of an fpm that does not have waypoints. There are two character's waiting to be spawned and two trigger zones. One to spawn each. Here is an image of the map and the download button has the fpm.

Attachments

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
what was your results?

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 06:53
Well, my first results had to do with just attacking an npc that was spawned at the start of the level and then saving/loading the game. the npc was still visible. The above result is as I have mentioned in two/three posts. My last post has an fpm where the two characters are not spawned at the beginning. They will spawn when you enter into the trigger zones. Once they are spawned and you save/load the game then they are invisible. These are unarmed characters and so they are standing still. I am sure Lee will be able to verify this and hopefully he will fix it. It is serious as a lot of people will be spawning characters throughout their games. I am surprised that nobody else has discovered this but I don't think very many people are actually testing v1.14.

BTW, incense, what version were you using when you discovered this. v1.13, v1.14 or both?

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 08:34 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 21:01
V1.1.4 BETA 4 and I have the same issue in BETA 5. I thought that it was fixed but it seems to come and go.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 22:52
The disappearing segments has happened extremely often to me since i upgraded...

The problem in MY case is dissapearing entities, which i think are related to the segments....

If you download my FPM (attached) you will see two aiko characters, and two generators(scifi)....one of each entity is static, and one is dynamic.

The problem with the aiko character is that the static one doesnt appear at all, not even a shadow...

the problem with the generators, if you stand facing them right in the middle of the two generators, and look left, you can see the one on the right disappear...

is anyone else having similar problems?

Ive attached an FPE of my problem below.

http://www.fpsc.seqoiagames.com

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 23:14
Downloaded the FPM and the static Aiko does disappear but where do you stand to make the generator disappear as I can't get between them?

The 9th Cell
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, guys! I've bought the 1.03 FpsCreator, and I've updated it to 1.14. Now, instead of being able to see the textures on the map editor like on 1.03, I can't...! It all just appears grey, and the 'Test Level' button doesn't work...! Any ideas on this? Here goes an image with my problem, so that you guys can see what happened with the update to 1.14.

P.S. - I did repair my installation afterwards, brought my FPSCreator back to 1.03 and re-installed the update, and it's still the same. Had a problem with it saying 'Free' on the upper bar, and being unable to build games, because it changed to 'Build Game Upgrade', but I added a 'v' after the serial on my userdetails.ini, and it fixed that problem. Still, I can't see any texture and can't test the level.

www.myspace.com/the9thcell

Attachments

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 00:51 Edited at: 21st Jan 2009 00:52
Quote: "The disappearing segments has happened extremely often to me since i upgraded...

The problem in MY case is dissapearing entities, which i think are related to the segments....

If you download my FPM (attached) you will see two aiko characters, and two generators(scifi)....one of each entity is static, and one is dynamic.

The problem with the aiko character is that the static one doesnt appear at all, not even a shadow...

the problem with the generators, if you stand facing them right in the middle of the two generators, and look left, you can see the one on the right disappear...

is anyone else having similar problems?

Ive attached an FPE of my problem below.
"

I think it might be how the engine reduces framerates, when your not facing an entity(so it thinks) it disappears in order to keep a steady framerate. Im not sure though. Try setting the generators to always active or something. That might work.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 00:52
BULLSHOCK2, Yes, they both happen to me with your fpm.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 11:30:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 11:30:04