Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / V115 BETA - Public Test

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 16:19
New beta uploaded. Try out the save/load issue of the doors and the flak issue has also been fixed. No new features in V115, sorry If anyone else can reproduce the respawn in the sky problem, post a full bug report so I can reproduce it, thanks!

And lo, after much toil, he placed his keyboard on the ground and lo, he saw that it was good. Then his PC crashed, and lo, he saw that is wasn't good enough!
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 16:26
its ok now lee, it was my computer, the scroll bar works now after a reinstall of my os as it happened to a few programs after I posted the screenshot so I re-installed vista and it now works ok.
puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 16:29
wow!! you kill devil bug!!~ hahaha ...
Thanks! Great!

Success is never a destination.puppysss - fpsc bug reporter
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 18:00 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 18:45
The beta2 FLAK fix works fine! Thanks Lee!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 20:31
@puppysss,

He looks pretty cheery to me in that photo.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 20:55 Edited at: 17th Feb 2009 08:46
@Lee

The problem with the new button began with the 115 update as far as I can tell.

EDIT:
After reinstalling fpsc the issue of the "New" button in the build game screen causing the other build functions to become useless has been solve.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 11:22
Don't know if this is a bug or not but is the user allowed to change the brightness in game? What I mean is in a test level you can press < and > to change the lighting to see what works well with what you have done but when you build a game I would expect this feature to go and the user can only use the brightness you have set?

But while playing twitch tweak's 'Trait 17' I didn't know how to turn on the flashlight and pressed > which made the brightness go up which basically made using the flashlight pointless.

Sorry if I was wrong, was just wondering.

James
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 12:20
I can confirm traynors report. I can also change the global lighting in built games.

In some way this is ok since it allows the player to adjust the lighting to fit his/hers screen.
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 14:21
What I still want to see is an options menu. Where you can be able to change the brightness in game, I know you already can by using the < and > but when someone is playing they are not going to know that. Plus that seems unprofessional. You could add other things to such as turning the shaders off, and turning the textures to low or high etc. I think that would be a good idea. Maybe you could add that to the migration lee.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 10:40
im only gonna say 5 or 6 words i dunno: we want fpsc migrated to be awesome

A.K.A. djmaster
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 14:15
After installing the latest patch.
I have problems with my prefabs.

The Prefabs do not appear correct
The segments of the prefabs do not appear.
If a place the playermarker in the prefab(s),and I started a test game.I fall by the prefab(s)

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 16:27
Lee: some users are repporting problems on getting FPSC to build games with a large number of levels (20+)

Is this fixable before the migration version?

A thread on the subject: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145585&b=21
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 19th Feb 2009 21:11
i have the same prefab prob.

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 11:54
Prefabs problem is solved
I re-installed fpsc again.
Nixium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 22:21
Hello, sorry if this sounds negative but I think that you should know that after I installed the latest Beta patch (1.15) and built my new game, I got to the fourth level and it crashed, like in the pre-patch 1.14 days.

I've since reinstalled FPS Creator and put the old patch 1.14 back in place, since games don't crash in higher multiple levels with this one.

Hope this helps a little and thanks for all the hard work you are doing, it is appreciated.

SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 13:04
The loading time has become dramatic for me, I had the default light settings (no shadws, low quality etc.) and it took half an hour to load. The level was only 3x3 and in 2 blocks height . I'm not sure if it has noticed our Dual Core...

-FCV

FPS Creator X10 Forums
FREE THE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 16:29
hopefully the next patch or the migration version will totaly use up our dual core processor potential for larger rendering,by applying lets say rendering entities to 1. core,and running the game engine any physics to 2. core

A.K.A. djmaster
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 04:22
Darn, with all these problems, i think i'll play it safe, and wait till version 1.16..

Till Thy Migration Come...
>>>Can anyone guess how I came up with my username???<<<
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 02:22 Edited at: 26th Feb 2009 02:23
I like the fact that you can change the light with the < > buttons. As for recoil, I would much rather see ragdoll implemented first...that is the most important upgrade to me at this time

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 07:48
Lee has already stated that no new features are planed for FPSC X9 or X10 since the migration version will be next in line. The work done know is simply getting rid of some of the worst bugs.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 26th Feb 2009 16:20
the bigger/smaller lightrange button,how can i press [ or ] thats alt+g/f but it doesent work in fpsc

A.K.A. djmaster
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 06:25
what is ragdoll feature?

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 07:18 Edited at: 27th Feb 2009 07:19
you know what bug ii think should be fixed asap, as in in 1.15 (or) 1.16
the rendering of completely hidden areas . it will begin to render... everything. it surprisingly stays at 37 but if it didn't render all that. could you imagine? this is 1.14 btw

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 13:34
yep,progressing rendering,like low,medium and high draw distance,also a bug fix for doors beacause they dissapear when they are only a few inches in the players view

A.K.A. djmaster
Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 16:14
Quote: "the rendering of completely hidden areas . it will begin to render... everything. it surprisingly stays at 37 but if it didn't render all that. could you imagine? this is 1.14 btw"

Im pretty sure its already like that.

Indiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 13:29
I hate this version!!! It takes over 10 hours to build 269 lights! And it is still building!! It is for the COZ horror contest! And it ends today!!! It is stuck on the damn lights!

I enjoy making games but I like searching for artifacts more.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 13:33
Surprise, surprise...

Did you modify the light value to produce more realistic shadows? This sort of modification dramatically increases build time and load time for your levels no matter what version you are using.

Some early testing could have saved you a lot of hours.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 18:02
do anyone know what the beta installer is for in the order history. i dont want to install stuff without knowing what im getting into.
TechGirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 22:33 Edited at: 1st Mar 2009 22:33
Lee, in my post about building a large game, you mentioned about starting a fresh build on a new computer and also how many people have files missing. I think this might be part of the problem if people are using Vista(described in the post link below)...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=145557&b=28

TechGirl
(Yes, I'm really female!)
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 08:01 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2009 08:03
Lee, I tested everything and tested some more. I personally am not have any difficulties. I would have liked to have seen save/load use the latest musicoverride value but I found a workaround for that

When using a musicoverride, then assign a global variable a value that will equal the music you want the level to start up with. The set global value always starts out with zero. So, use the initial starting level with that music, then go from there. Just takes some modification to the setuplevel script. There might be other ways around it but I hadn't been able to figure anything else out yet.

So what I am saying, PLEASE START THE MIGRATION.

Not yelling just strongly emphasizing my desire.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
We good to go Flatlander... I watch your posts like a hawk.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So what I am saying, PLEASE START THE MIGRATION. "

I agree, I feel we've gone as far as we can with the updates and we all now have a much more stable engine to work with.

I personally would really now like to see a shift of emphasis to the migration work.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 14:17
ive got all i need for my latest zombie project,now lets get the full release of x9 1.15 and x10 1.09 and start working on migration,maybe i would have only one small request for the update,so that segment cutters work on walls(only walls,not when you press m)

A.K.A. djmaster
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 17:05
I agree with that it seems we've got a stable enough build to look to the migration version. Perhaps it would be possible to have the latest source released for the modders when the migration starts as well?

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To All those saying they want the migration now: The last time Lee did what the community called for we got an incomplete game engine. If we start demanding that he do the migration now we may get the same thing. The current version may not have been fully tested to the point of migration yet. if every possible aspect is not covered FPSC users could end up going through the next 4 or five years yelling about the bugs like we did the last time, and some are still doing. I understand that you have projects that you all want to get off the drawing board, I do to. I just don't think it is a good idea to push Lee into doing something we might regret for a very long time.

To djmaster: I am not sure what you mean about segment cutters. I have had no issues cutting doors or windows in anything that it should be possible to cut. Can you clarify?

To michael x: The beta installers in the order history seem to be for X10/Vista compatible packs. Not sure as there is no detail there but that seems to make sense me.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 17:24
The beta installs ask you for which product you want to install the models for, X9, X10 or DarkBasic.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Ok, I know I've already said that I think the version is stable enough for migration work but I've just come across an issue regarding sound zones since 15.2.

Basically, they don't work anymore. The sounds play fine in outside applications, and will also play from a standard trigger zone, but not from a sound zone. Does anyone else have this issue?
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 19:44 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2009 21:07
@Scene Commander, I don't believe I've experienced that. I've been working with the sound zone and the trigger zone because of the musicoverride issue with saving and loading. But I will take a closer look at it. However, I think if there is an issue it can easily be worked around and it can get fixed with the migration. Just use the trigger zone probably with the correct script.

@Incense, what Lee has discussed with me, is that he intends to make the migration as bug free as possible. He has been waiting to fix certain issues that he has accumulated in the migration. He also intends to make sure that "everything" gets saved and reloaded. He just wants the current version of X9 and X10 to be of enough value for us while he is then concentrating all of his efforts on the migration.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 21:06 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2009 21:08
Quote: "Basically, they don't work anymore. The sounds play fine in outside applications"

Hi, I'm not sure I understand this. Are sound zones in levels that were made from an older version not working in v115.2? Anyway, I first had done two tests using first the default script which is called soundinzone.fpi It is a simple script:

When you enter the zone the audio file that is found in the sound parameter begins. When you leave the zone it will continue to play, however, it only plays once and returning to the zone will not trigger it again as you can see by the code.

I then used the other script that is provided which is called soundloopinzone.fpi. This will cause the sound/music to loop only while the player is inside the zone. Once the player leaves the zone it stops. However, when the player enters the zone it will begin again.

One way to use this is if a player goes into a room that has a certain piece of equipment like a generator. You can trigger the generator sound while the player is in the room. You would disable the sound connected with the generator that causes it to play all the time which can be annoying.

The sound zones appear to work as intended. Of course, you can modify any script to meet your own needs. The sound zone actually is basically the same as a trigger zone in that it triggers an action. It simply is specific to using audio files.

If you are having different problems you need to be more specific, I think.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 21:35 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2009 21:41
Flatlander - Sorry was typing the below when you must have been typing..

Quote: "I don't believe I've experienced that"
- The work around is very simple and this isn't a major issue, just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same.

In answer to your question, no the sound zones don't play anything, you enter them and no sound plays, but a trigger zone running the same soundinzone.fpi script does play the sound.. I'm thinking that this must be my installation.

@Incense- In my opinion if we are to wait for a 100% stable version of FPSC that satisfies one and all we could easily be waiting forever. I don't want Lee to rush into anything because of pressure from the forums, but it seems to me that the more time that goes by the less relevant the migration version will be. I don't expect to see the Unreal engine manifest from the migration (and hope no one else does, otherwise I think they may be a little disappointed), but I'm sure I'm not alone in remembering that the original scheduled release for the migration was summer 2008 and expectations of release are understandable high.

I for one certainly appreciate the offer of a free upgrade from standard to migration version but also think that we're only going to truly get the version we want if TGC chooses to sell upgrade packs, very much in the way the Dark Basic Pro is supported, which will support the migrations release. e.g. True dynamic shadows, true reflection, true large outdoor scenes, vehicles, etc. I obviously want to see everything (and I guess expect) that has been promised, but perhaps, if an "expansion pack" approach is taken we can reduce the number of demands for features and thus reduce the amount of work Lee is expected to do on the migration and all get an improved version sooner.

Sorry, bit of a rant....

[/b][b][b]
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 22:41
not too much of a rant in there Scene Commander. very good points you bring up too. I agree with you entirely, heck it might even make TGC some more money as well as a less buggier program.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 13:07
people,pretend theres no bugs and we are all satisfied so we get the migration quicker

A.K.A. djmaster
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
To F l a t l a n d e r: So Lee agrees with me, that is a good thing. I am happy to here about the continued work and not just tossing it to us because people yelled for it like last time.

I to am testing things to hilt. I have seen improvements since the last update. I am happy with this update so far. I will continue testing and see what happens.

Thanks Lee.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 01:33
Well, I wonder, though. I was kind of expecting a response from Lee here. So, maybe he is doing some migratory work at the moment?

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 04:07
Quote: "Well, I wonder, though. I was kind of expecting a response from Lee here. So, maybe he is doing some migratory work at the moment?"

Thats what I was thinking...

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 00:45
I've found an issue with update 1.14

when selecting, cutting and pasting a section of my level every static objects becomes dynamic. has anyone else had this problem?

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 01:53
That is not a bug....As far as I know, that has always been there...

Nixium
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 14:26
1.15 is obviously requiring a lot of work. Hoping it has the great bug fixes that 1.14 sorted out (especially crashes).

"When it's ready" is a common mantra.

Weasel
Years of Service
User Offline
300th post

How is X10 beta coming along?
Are there still many bugs?
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 05:20
Quote: "How is X10 beta coming along?
Are there still many bugs? "

Ask that in the X10 beta thread, and yes, there are alot of bugs, for me anyway.

DarkBASIC Pro. Teh awesumness

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 11:35:14
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 11:35:14