Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC IP v3.1 - Multiplayer Lobby, Multiple Levels, S4Mod Special Edition and more...

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2010 22:27 Edited at: 28th May 2010 22:28
@Sven: Instead of posting post after post, just edit your first one like I do. That way my thread doesn't get clogged with loads of posts, my emails don't keep beeping at me and it's easier for other forum users to read
The number of ranks will be decided nearer the release date.

@biohazardNL: Is it working for you now?

@Any moderator: Could a mod just edit Sven's last three posts into one if possible please?

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
any updates? or screens?

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2010 22:12
Nope, no screens at the moment as I've been busy with a help/information wiki site for FPSC IP.

knxrb
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sven

Quote: " i would pay you so much for this:p but luckly i get it for free ("

What on Earth do you mean?
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 14:15
Quote: "What on Earth do you mean? "

He means he gets some of it for free because he's helped me save time by developing a website template for me.

knxrb
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah right cool

Do you have any idea of FPSCIP's pricing yet?
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 14:22
Nope, not really. The problem is I don't want to price it too high as it'll put people off but then i can't go too low otherwise I can't keep the servers running

Here's the beta Wiki site if anyone wants to see: http://wiki.fpscip.com
If you have any ideas for info to go on there then let me know and I may add it

knxrb
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Umm, Knxrb, there's a slight problem at the moment:

Quote: "500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 15:17 Edited at: 31st May 2010 15:17
Hmm, that's a shame. Looks like the web host are doing maintenance, it'll be back up soon

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
i have a new idea for you, PLEASE add it to fpscip:

i really like menu options link the screen resolution, texture size, shoadows etc.

would it be possible to integrade it in the menu maker that comes with fpscip?

and i still dont understand: would you make an option to choose your team first, and than your character? and that every text that you let choose your class will be replaced with images?

Like:

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 17:53 Edited at: 31st May 2010 17:53
I may add menu options like screen resolution changing, etc.
And your idea for choosing a class like the image is not going to happen in the new version of FPSC IP. Maybe in the future but not right now

Also the wiki site (wiki.fpscip.com) is back online now

knxrb
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 18:40
Looking great knxrb. Looks like it's moving along greatly. A question though, something that hit me in the head. Is since this program is an outside source. When users join the lobby and the host starts the game (which runs map's .exe) wont it bring you to the "Type your name in) and the usual "Join game" and "Host game" or did you find a way that brought you right into game skipping those screens?

Also on your site, you said something about splash screens and video support, this is great to hear and cant wait to find out more about it. Does this mean you can have a video play before FPSC IP starts up? like a company logo?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 18:46
Quote: "about splash screens and video support, this is great to hear and cant wait to find out more about it."

Yup, plus music support so you can have music playing while people wait in the lobbies.

Quote: " Does this mean you can have a video play before FPSC IP starts up? like a company logo? "

Precisely.

Quote: "When users join the lobby and the host starts the game (which runs map's .exe) wont it bring you to the "Type your name in) and the usual "Join game" and "Host game" or did you find a way that brought you right into game skipping those screens? "

There's a small source edit that bypasses those screens and goes straight to the loading of the game, FPSC IP manages the hosting and joining automatically. The player clicks the 'Play' button and they're launched straight into the match.

knxrb
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 19:41
That sounds great. Should be easy for the source, both x10 and x9 use the same MP code I am pretty sure. TGC never even touched our MP.

Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you make your own achievements, like:

Need: [type number] kills/double kills/headshots/killstreaks/matches played/time played

to unlock [type name]

?

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 20:46 Edited at: 31st May 2010 20:49
Here's a quick beta exmaple of the adding achievements form (just threw it together in 5 mins):
http://dev.fpscip.com/addachievement.html

knxrb
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 20:55
Um the FPSC IP Acheivments- Beta for the image URL thing what does the size of it have to be?

- Gorlock
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 20:57
It has a maximum length of 60 characters at the moment but it'll be upgraded to about 120 before the official release as direct image URL's can get quite long.

knxrb
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 21:02
Is the picture- URL thing the picture for the achievement? If so does it have to be like 50x50???

- Gorlock
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 21:05
Oh right, yeah. It's like an icon image for it, like the ones on Xbox Live.
I've not decided on the size yet though.

knxrb
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 21:10
ok

Because I made a good achievement but I need the size for the icon so I can finish it.

- Gorlock
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
AMAZING! I can't wait! It's as cool as mw2 or bc2

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 21:29
The icon images will probably be around 64x64 pixels.

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
Please add animated gif support for the archiefments! And why not add a function for image only? Than you can decide the image with, height and x,y axes your own. I mean without text or corners like bad company 2.

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2010 23:02 Edited at: 31st May 2010 23:12
Quote: "Please add animated gif support for the archiefments!"

Animated gif support dpends on the website integration method I use to allow game developers to show achievement lists on their own websites. Transparency is definately supported though. More details will be available soon on that.

Quote: "And why not add a function for image only?"

Because the FPSC IP system uses the achievement name and game ID code to identify between the achievements, and I'm sure the player would like to know what they got the achievement for.

The width and height are a set size because of the website integration feature I'm adding. I'm trying to make this version of FPSC IP all about the integration and customisation.

Quote: "I mean without text or corners like bad company 2."

Never played it so I don't know what text/corners you're talking about.

[Edit]
I've just realised I've not got a gamerscore bit like Xbox live, where each achievement is worth X amount of points and the more achievements you unlock the more points you get.
Is that something you game developers want or is it not necessary? And if you do want it then what would you want them to be called?
Now is the time to speak up as I've almost finished the achievement integration so I'll be moving on.

knxrb
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 00:01
You could right a system that allows the user to type what it would be, say I would want it to be called "Dark points" because my company is dark form or sven might want to call it something else. Should still save on your server. The only thing is the name that would be different. If you cannot, then just call it achivment points. Is is really necessary? probably not but... You were also saying something about a point system that is given to players for the amount of kills or what ever they get. Can this be used for a money system as well? For instance, you said you made an armory type screen where users can purchase guns, or maybe you said unlock. Can't remeber, you could have the user use these points to purchase guns. Just a thought. But its totally up to you.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 00:08 Edited at: 1st Jun 2010 00:12
The name wouldn't be able to be changed as the player uses the same user account across all games using FPSC IP.
It could be included into a global money system that is used by all FPSC IP games.

[EDIT]
I've decided that I'm including a new windowed mode feature into FPSC IP now as well. It means you can play the game in fullscreen mode or you can show it in the middle of the screen with borders or other stuff around the edge

More details in another forum thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170863&b=21&msg=2024163#m2024163
I'll post a pic of what I mean in a few minutes.

knxrb
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 00:37 Edited at: 1st Jun 2010 00:40
Well what I mean is the developer is able to change the nme of the achivment system. But if you are saying that you cant becuse its a glabal thing just call it achivments. lol nothing more nothing less. Now you say they use the same account for all FPSC games. Will the user playing lets say my game "Desolation: Earth" be able to see other FPSC games? I think thw window feature is a great idea, I know a lot of my beta testers complain about the full screen mode lol.

**Edit**

In the window mode up at the top it says
"FPSC window mode" can the developer make a change to that?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 00:40
Quote: "Will the user playing lets say my game "Desolation: Earth" be able to see other FPSC games?"

They'll only see the other FPSC games if they download them.
They aren't advertised in a big list or anything like that and there is no crossover between games, everything is kept separate.

Quote: "I think thw window feature is a great idea"

Good It supports minimising, key events, mouse events and loads of other stuff. It could technically run four games at once in split screen

knxrb
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 02:42
Ok good to hear, and yea the window mode is really cool. Glad to see it working out though. Keep us updated

Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
The points for archiefments are pretty important, becouse you can compare it with your friends than. But i really think that you must add an image character choosing menu to fpscip: people get proffesional stuff like archiefments and lobbies but an ugly text only menu. So please add it to fpsc, it would be great.

cheers from holland!
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
Like this:

FPSC IP character menu tool:

FPSC IP menu template:

FPSC IP menu finished with menu tool:

cheers from holland!
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Great progress. Keep it up!

How is it going anyway?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 21:43
It's going well, I've almost got the entire menu system complete now

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
The multiplayer menu system like this:

?

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2010 22:07 Edited at: 1st Jun 2010 22:07
I've already said a menu like that isn't going to be in the new version, maybe in a future update.

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, thats a shame

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 00:23 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2010 00:25
Some new screenshots for you:

Last one is still beta as you can probably tell.

The screenshots show the new menus and also shows the menu panels and buttons positioned using percentage locations rather than pixel locations.
This means that people with different screen sizes will still have all panels and buttons in the same place onscreen as the developer.

knxrb
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 02:15
Looking great knxrb. I am really interested in the gun choosing area. Did you get to that yet? if so can we see a pic

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 14:29
Is the FPSCIP chat an inter-game chat? Because that would be cool, being able to chat over all FPSCIP games.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 15:39
The FPSC IP chat is in the lobby, allowing players to talk before they start playing a match.
It means that players can chat while they wait for more players to join and they can also stay in the same lobby against the same players after playing matches so they can play multiple matches in a row without the host having to host new games each time, FPSC IP manages all that for you.

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
any updates?

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 21:33 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2010 21:34
Nope, I've taken a small break from it for the day, working on getting the windowed mode fix done for X10 .

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 21:54 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2010 21:54
but can you turn things that you dont like, such as DLC, windowed mode, archiefments, weapon system etc. off?

cheers from holland!
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 21:56
DLC's - Completely optional, if you don't want to use it then don't upload a DLC for your game
Windowed Mode - Yes it's optional because X10 has bugs with windowed mode.
Achievements - Just don't add any achievements to the game list on the developer site to not use them.

knxrb
Sven
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks!

cheers from holland!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 22:40
Quote: "The FPSC IP chat is in the lobby"

I meant the particular looby called FPSCIP chat. There's mine, lobbytest, etc. But I was thinking that the one called FPSCIP chat would be inter-game, as in you could be a part of it in one game and talk to people playing another. But only in that one lobby.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 23:36
Quote: "I meant the particular looby called FPSCIP chat."

Aah sorry, my mistake
There is currently no cross-game chatting in any lobbies although if it's wanted I could add it before final release.

knxrb
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2010 23:46
Quote: "although if it's wanted I could add it before final release."

I think it'd be cool, but don't do it if you don't think it's necessary.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2010 00:55
Quote: "There is currently no cross-game chatting in any lobbies although if it's wanted I could add it before final release."

Well, in a sense that would be cool. But I personally would not want that in my game. Perhaps an option?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 13:29:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 13:29:43