Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Official WizMod Thread.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 04:46
FOV and screenshake commands both exist in AirMod

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 04:52 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 04:53
Yeah. They sure do!

EDIT: we have to recode them, because putting them in 1.15, they messed up...
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
It all sounds so good! Can't wait

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 06:37
Really? The camshake command doesn't even require any extra work, it's probably one of the easiest commands to add (it is totally isolated to the select case block). The FOV just needs to be implemented correctly, there weren't any changes in 115 to my knowledge that would conflict.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 08:40
I'm still looking forward to hearing about Airmod 0.6 integration. It does have a load of nice features the 0.5 can't do. I think it would rock for WizMod to have those.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 18:13
Right, since you all seem so keen on having airmod .6 I will try adding it today and see how things go It will take quite a while but hopefully it will be worth it

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:21
It is not looking good for a total airmod 0.6 integration, I have just spent 3 hours trying to integrate it and things just arent working well.

However I cant just let airmod v0.6 go unnoticed, it has too many great features which I would like to add to WizMod, so i will try and add the new scripting commands and the new gunspecs at least. I will also try and get recoil aswell

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:23
If it doesent work out well in porting and takes too much time,you could copy the same settings from Airmod for recoil and do your own recoil system.Im just hoping for the best like water and dynamic animated collision.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
http://chargedstudios.fpschost.com/
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 20:26
Well I am really going to try and get water, it is one thing i would definitely really find useful, and I will see what I can do with animated dynamic collision

Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:13
Quote: "10, and the RGB ambiance to 10, and this removes the ability to use the <> keys to change it in game. In other words, it locks the ambiance in at 10. With this MOD, no matter what I set the ambiance at, the <> keys take it from full dark to full bright.
"

thats the script, happens to me with normal FPSC

Not in cruelty, Not in wrath The Reaper came today;
An Angel visited this gray path And took the cube away.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:20
Guys, we have water I have just successfully added water, it is working great!! I havent added any scripting commands to manipulate the water and I havent added any water physics etc.. but hopefully soon

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:36
Wizzkid! Dont give away the cool stuff yet!!!
Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
implementing water is not such a big thing, expecially without scripcommands!

but we will see what this mod will look like, at the end!

... efxMod Developer!
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:45 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 21:49
Yeah I know, but it is a start. Scripting commands will come very soon.

@AppleSlicer - Yeah I suppose lol I will leave some surprises

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:05
@Dark Goblin

Stop knocking people down again they are doing a great job and are new to all this so let them be im sure they will get it working great

@Wizzkid

i may pop you an email soon about this.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:16
@Dark Goblin

Quote: "implementing water is not such a big thing, expecially without scripcommands!"

HAHAHA you're so right DG. Now shut up. Sure, EFX mod may be superior to this mod but I think you're forgetting that this is a FREE mod. And unlike EFX mod, you don't need a super computer to achieve an FPS in double digits. Sure, Wizzkid may not be as experianced as your group, but his personality alone would make me choose his mod over yours any day. Now stop knocking people down, as you have done in every other attempt that anyone has made to increase FPSC's graphics.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:24
im planning on getting, migration (when it comes out) and blue mod (if it works on migration) but i am also interested in this mod, what should i do?

shadow666
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:26
You guys have no idea what is in this mod. There is stuff that makes this mod JUST AS GOOD AS EFX MOD. We WIL NOT share until we are ready.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:40
@The Next - No problem

Well thanks for all the support guys Its really encouraging, thanks.

Sure we are not as experienced as the EFX team but hey, we will give it our best , and hopefully some people get good use from what we make.

We have got some good ideas so hopefully some new features coming soon.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:48
i got an idea. this will probably be extremly hard, but everyone would be happy. combine efx with this mod. you could charge alot for it. but it would be really hard to do. (also look into the blue mod, its amazing, maybe you could group with them)

shadow666
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:57
I doubt helix software will release there source, or anything right now as they seem a tad bit fed up with the FPSC community

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 22:59
Good idea but I dont think the EFX team would want to join with us as they are selling their mod, and their mod is aimed at high spec pcs so the two mods probably wouldnt combine well.

Combining with another mod would be good but also extremely difficult (believe me over the past three days I have spent hours combining Airmod 0.5 and trying to combine airmod v0.6 with FPSC 1.15).

However, our aim is to provide users with effects similar to what is in EFX, although we want to maintain a good performance, so basically we want visuals that look great, but dont affect performance too much.

At the minute I dont think combining would be a good idea as we are still very early on in development, but someday you never know

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 23:01 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 23:03
Quote: "There is stuff that makes this mod JUST AS GOOD AS EFX MOD"

Well, to be honest, I don't like the Attitude of the Helix Team too, but don't you think that you're Goal is a bit too... high?

I mean Helix doesn't use Shaders in their Original form, they edited the Bloom Shader, the Water Shader, and the Engine is highly optimised for any of the Effects.

I'm not trying to disrespect either you, or your Skills... but wait till you have something to show before you make such Statements.

However, good Job so far... it's great to have Airmod and all the Performance Fixes of 1.15!

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 23:12
Well i think we apple slicer was being a little bit optimistic with that statement (maybe just getting back at dark goblin for his remarks).

I doubt it will be as good as efx visually, better in different ways maybe, such as performance. But we are trying to think of things other mods dont have to make this one sort of unique, we will also have things that other mods do have, but we want to make our own mark

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 23:21
@wiz, exactly what i thought, because both your mods are so different , the combanation, would be the best of both sides, but what ever , until then, ill have to decide which mod...both are amazing...

shadow666
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 23:39
I hope you will not succumb to the pressure of people wanting everything and take your time with it. One feature at a time - working correctly - before you move on to the next. Before you know it, you've added 10 different things and you still haven't fixed the first problem.

Brian.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 23:40 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 23:41
Yeah Dark Goblin kinda ticks me off when it comes to his attitude toward ANY other mods that could possibly challenge his...

But truly. Wizzkid has done absolutely amazing stuff. And when combined with my new commands, this mod will be just as hot as EFX. In addition, it will either be free, or very cheap.

Xplosys, you posted while I was posting. You are right. That is my fear with how exiting all the stuff we can do with the new source.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey apple you gonna go on google talk?

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:05
Yeah I am taking on step at a time. I dont want to make a buggy, so I am going over each part i make several times to make sure it works well.

Hopefully everything keeps going the way it is and the mod will only get better

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
sry for posting this in your Thread Wizzkid, i really like your mod, but i think that the attacks against my person is really something the guys here should not speak about on the forum.

also my personal opinion is, that all the discussion on this page, has nothing to do with your mod.

so can all of you speak about what this thread is about? about wizzkids mod and not efx?

i have not started this discussion with it, i just said what thought about your commands towards Helix or the efxMod.

so please stop this comments and say something about Wizzkids Mod!

as I said, i like what you do and I have nothing against it. If your Mod would be better than efx, than it is. There is nothing thats wrong about that and I (or we) would except that. But you all just see the bad things which happened in the past with efx.

so pls talk about WizMod in this thread and not about efx!

@Wizzkid:
if you need any help, feel free to ask me. i will help you, if i can!

... efxMod Developer!
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:15
No problem DG, I welcome constructive criticism EFX mod is great, you have done a good job, but your right, there are other threads on EFX, keep the discussion there

And also thanks for the offer of help!

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:22
Here is a screenshot of the water. I have added some scripting commands aswell to control the water.

The fps in the screenie isnt as good as it usually is, however with water which has reflection and refraction etc.. performance will always be affected slightly, but the difference in performance is barely noticeable (and also the pc im using hasnt fantastic specs either).

Also with the scripting you can turn the water on and off using trigger zones so if the water is not insight then you can hide the it and performance will be back at its original standard.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:29
looks pretty cool,

shadow666
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:34
Thanks

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Very very nice, could you post a picture with the water below the camera so we can see the top of it?

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:40
Well, I've given you a bit of a hassle about this Mod, so here's an apology gift:

AirMod 0.6 uses variables that Lee also has in the newest source. These are conflicting and must be resolved.

The one and only,

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:47 Edited at: 1st May 2009 00:49
Thanks Ply!

I totally understood where you were coming from, what I had to show to start with was practically just Airmod 0.5 in the V1.15 source, but that is slowly changing

@hockeykid - i will soon, Im just working on it now so that it changes so it looks like you are underwater, so it kinda turns a blue colour.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:49
Water looks great any chance of a few more shots at different angles.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:55
Thanks Ply, and sorry DG. We will see what we can do with that knowledge.

Anyway, this mod is going to be a very visual mod, and scripting mod.

I guess we have pretty much let the cat out of the bag, so this mod will include

Water (with refraction)
Motion Blur
Bloom

and other stuff, but we wont get there until we are sure it works correctly
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 00:57 Edited at: 1st May 2009 00:58
I will throw together a quick video to show, a few of the features i have previously mentioned, I will not show all, we wanna keep a few surprises

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:25
This is coming along nicely. Perhaps you could add in some sort of shader that blurs the player's vision while underwater?

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:40 Edited at: 1st May 2009 01:41
Here is a link to a video which shows, motion blur and water effects aswell as water effects and how you can change the water level in real time.

Sorry for the bad quality, bad screen capture tool, which also affected gameplay and performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfUPzoQcNdI

@Dumpus - I plan to do something like that

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 01:46
Hey Wizzkid, I dont recall you adding "ingame" water level control

anyway, I have another idea...
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:01
I forgot I had lol. Sorry for the bad quality guys, I just realized you can hardly notice the motion blur, trust me it is better when your actually playing it

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:03
Trust him!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:38
you should add alot of bloom, i love bloom lol , it adds alot to visual affects

shadow666
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:42
...it also can KILL your video card. I am investigating bloom thoroughly, so it wont lag

and I will try to make bloom adjustible via scripts, and in real time. Kinda like how the water is now.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:46
I see you can activate motion blur through a triggerzone / script? Would it then be possible to activate it if you are hit by an enemy, say a zombie, like you were infected?

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:55 Edited at: 1st May 2009 02:55
Are plans are to have two choices for Bloom and Motion Blur

1. They can be activated by a trigger zone
2. They can be assigned to keys. Like the blur, will be on use of wasd.

Bloom will also be able to be assigned to a global script, like ambience.

This is a script command Nicky, so yes you could do that!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 02:59
What would be cool is if you got 'infected' and slowly lost health until you found an antidote.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 21:11:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 21:11:16