Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fenix Mod Offical Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2010 22:49
It always goes through building portals twice. why build 'em once when you can build 'em twice, just to be sure you got them right the first time?

to fenix mod!
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
love this mod!!!
one question...(hockeykid)

How can i get a bloom effect like in Jeiharra nightfall??
(pb Mod used)

We are watching you
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 00:09
you should ask everyone here, not only hockeyid

Of course, you need a fpi script "bloom" for create the bloom effect on your game or something, you can change bloom scale for more.. realism or other effect, the only problem is the performance if you select bloom on maybe the performance drop to 20 fps. This question about bloom are ON ALL PAGES, you can view the older pages and view
sega dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Third Person wont work. The game crashes every time I try to test it.
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 16:16
Quote: "The game crashes every time I try to test it. "

Hell, at least you can get a game going! I can't even run a test game, unless there are no entities present. It always crashes when building the .fpe entity files. And yes, I did drag the contained Fenix Mod files into my FPS Creator folder.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 18:46
Quote: "Use the third person script in the main script for the entity you want to use 3rd person for. Make sure you still use a player marker."

not player marker but a character!!

sega dude

read page 54 for more info>>

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 20:39 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 17:06
@HockeyKid.

I'm sorry to say that I've found a few bugs.

1) I can't get rpg_entitytimer working at all. The script seems to ignore the value in rpg_entitytimergreater and always return true. - *EDIT* This is not a bug, it was me being stupid

2) I can confirm that sometimes entities don't always disappear when collected.

3) Sometimes destroyed/exploded entities don't disappear but respawn just offset from their original position. I had the same issue with WASP mod and believe the problem lies with the object detroyed flag not being set correctly.

4) Character blob shadows respawn at the characters original spawn point when the character is killed. I believe this only occurs when the leavecorpse.fpi is used in the destroy script.

... Points 2,3 & 4 are possibly connected code wise..

5) Levels with lots of entities, static or not seem to crash the test game build at the initialising physics stage of the build. This only happens when there are lights in the scene. It makes no difference if light mapping is set to on.

6) Animations are running too quickly when the frame rate drops below 15 or so. I guess this is a timer issue.

None of these bugs occur in Fenix Mod V1, Horror mod as a stand alone or Vanilla FPSC.

Sorry for the long list and as I keep testing commands for the manual I imagine I might find a few more.. Let's hope not
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 23:34
Ok, stuff doesnt seem to dissapear when Fog is on.
When it is on guns and items just stay there when ya pick em up.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2010 23:36 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2010 23:36
Quote: "Ok, stuff doesnt seem to dissapear when Fog is on."

Yep, I was just about the post that... Well spotted.
sega dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the databank folder in the files folder.But it always crashes. This was on a prefab with a door and a start maker. Thats it.
This is the error I get.

Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have the databank folder in the files folder.But it always crashes. This was on a prefab with a door and a start maker. Thats it.
This is the error I get."

I could be wrong, but it looks as if you're running vista.. Do you have the latest version of directx9? This might not be the issue, just a thought.
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 03:30
Quote: "I have the databank folder in the files folder.But it always crashes. This was on a prefab with a door and a start maker. Thats it."

You upload your version of Directx9? reinstall fps creator and updates, maybe work if you change the compatibility mode to xpsp2
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 03:44
I know if I use RPG mod I have to have the following files located in the /files directory:

rpg_setup.fpi
rpg_clues_setup.fpi
rpg_text_setup.fpi

If the rpg_setup.fpi is not located in that folder, then my FPSC crashes. I just wanted to find out if Fenix requires these as well since it has RPG code integrated in.

Cheers

Mike

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 13:27
Quote: "It always goes through building portals twice. why build 'em once when you can build 'em twice, just to be sure you got them right the first time?"

It's because it builds the level, then another copy for physics collision.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 15:57 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2010 16:03
Quote: "I just wanted to find out if Fenix requires these as well since it has RPG code integrated in."

Unless Hockeykid has changed that, it is required. Just so everyone knows he is allowed to change RPG Mod in any way he would like, just as we can change Lee's code -- if we dare.

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 16:00 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2010 16:00
Quote: "Quote: "It always goes through building portals twice. why build 'em once when you can build 'em twice, just to be sure you got them right the first time?""

Quote: "It's because it builds the level, then another copy for physics collision. "

That's right, but just to clarify, that is not coded in Fenix mod but in Lee's source code.

Oops, double post.

OliveTreeGames
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 18:22
Quote: "I have the databank folder in the files folder.But it always crashes. This was on a prefab with a door and a start maker. Thats it."

That's exactly what happens to me. I can only run the mod if no entities are present on the map. This mod has more bugs than a rainforest right now...

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 18:28
It works perfectly for me...

I hadno problems at all...

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 18:48
Lucky you. I even did a fresh install, and still no luck.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 19:01
Hmm... That's weird. I only have few buggy features, and it's not like I'd ever use them.

Maybe it's my computer, It's very new.

Hey Hockeykid, how's your computer? Maybe it was designed for newer computers...

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 19:12
Quote: "Hey Hockeykid, how's your computer? Maybe it was designed for newer computers..."

Nope. I have two active computers. One is over four years old, and has a crappy integrated graphics card, and the other is brand new and running a GTS 250. They both handle Fenix Mod fine. I haven't encountered any problems testing games, I haven't ran into any bugs, and the frame rate is excellent on both computers.

Kravenwolf

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 19:18
Ok. That theory's down.

So, what could it be...

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 20:04
If hockey select the cap to 40 on old computers can run and with fpsc-game default too, Fps creator not use much memory ram only 512 maybe. The frame rate is exelent in olders computers because of the sync rate, but is not much fps. for me hockey can create a script fpi for select the sync rate for new and olders computers. If you have older computers is not because of bugs, the bugs are of developer of mods and the person use this mod
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
does dx10 dark ai script's work with fenix mods dark ai?

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 22:49
This is for X9. Don't use it with X10.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Feb 2010 23:30
SIMPLE FEATURE REQUEST

Could you add support for a running animation?

Also if you melee while you move the melee anim plays VERY slowly

Cheers,

GJ

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 01:04
EXPANSION ON PREVIOUS REQUEST

jump anim support too.

to fenix mod!
sega dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 01:21 Edited at: 4th Feb 2010 01:21
Reinstalling FPS Creator didn't work. Same problem. Could it have something to do with this method im using?
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 03:06 Edited at: 4th Feb 2010 03:07
Quote: "Reinstalling FPS Creator didn't work. Same problem. Could it have something to do with this method im using? "

I have to concur with Sega Dude on this question. We followed the instructions and our FPSC "mod" version would constantly crash. I'm not suggesting that the methods are incorrect, but for the system we were using the method did not work. On a second machine the method listed did work fine.

That's part of the reason we created Mod-IT.

Cheers

Mike

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 03:41
@segadude

You're not using 1.09 are you? This was made for 1.16...And 1.09 is listed in that tutorial...

Other than that, I can't imagine what the problem is...

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright guys. RPG Mod has cause some problems here and there. So I considered removing it but wanted a vote. The benefits would be a few more FPS and less crashes. So all in favor?

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 03:51
Remove it.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 03:54
Yes.

My laptop specs are below (it's almost brand new, i only got it a couple of weeks ago):

Processor: Dual Core 2.67Ghz
RAM: 4GB
DirectX: DirectX 11

Running FPSC X9 on update v1.16.

assaam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 09:36
Hell no! The intentory system is one of the most interesting aspects of fenix mod and together with the other features that rpg mod also added,
Something that Can make our games interactive and therefore truly special!

I'm not paranoid!
peterJBE
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 12:49
I agree with Assaam.
With the RPG elements you can make interesting games.
Don't remove it, please.
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 12:54
Yes, you can make cool games with RPG Mod....

...But it causes crashes, and I'll never use it (too complex, maybe one day)...

But other people do....

...I obstain.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 15:36
If it's any help, I'm using a 64bit operating system, which could be causing problems.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:13
Quote: "The intentory system is one of the most interesting aspects of fenix mod"

You don't need RPG mod to use Fenix Mod's inventory system

Kravenwolf

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:28
Marc Steene@
Quote: "DirectX: DirectX 11"

ONLY ATI CARDS NEW'S SUPPORT DIRECTX11 PIPELINE, SHADERS, AND TESSELATION NOW. Laptops And Nividia Graphics card NOT support DX11, Maybe in GTX300 support this
Quote: "If it's any help, I'm using a 64bit operating system, which could be causing problems."

Quote: "If it's any help, I'm using a 64bit operating system, which could be causing problems."

I using Windows 7 X64 and I haven't Problems with Fpscx9, X10 and mods

Intel Core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz (Wolf-Dale) edition. Geforce 9800GTX+ Plus Edition OC. 4Gb of memory ram. 500HDD
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:30
Quote: "I using Windows 7 X64 and I haven't Problems with Fpscx9, X10 and mods"

Me neither, it only happens with Fenix Mod.

Quote: "ONLY ATI CARDS NEW'S SUPPORT DIRECTX11"

I have an ATI Card. It's an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650.

Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 18:38
Quote: "I have an ATI Card. It's an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650."

ATI 5700+ Only support Dx11

Intel Core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz (Wolf-Dale) edition. Geforce 9800GTX+ Plus Edition OC. 4Gb of memory ram. 500HDD
A r e n a s
Years of Service
User Offline
I would just like to say guys that i have a mod information thread in the works and i have now included Fenix mod in it. The link is HERE.

.CALIBRE - COMING MAY 2010
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 21:15
In 3rd person, I need an enemy to shoot the character you play as, and he loses health, and will die! Can anyone help?

Aisen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 00:53
I get crashes everytime I try to run the game. Starting up FPSC is no problem but when I try Test Game it crashes. I've tried to update DX and it still crashes. Any ideas why? All I had in the room was 3x3 Model Pack 5 Brick wall Segments, Player Marker, Light Marker (White, nothing changed), Trigger Zone with Bloom script. That's all in it. I wanted to test Bloom.

-It's me Linus back as Aisen instead-
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 03:47
Hey guys, I want to update my DirectX to the most recent one there is. Or atleast the one that works on this mod. So when I go to the DierctX site there's like 20 different ones to download. Can some one recommend which one I should use, perhaps some one whos fenix mod works?

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 11:27
Quote: "ATI 5700+ Only support Dx11"

Well, I have DirectX11 anyway, although I'm not really sure what this has got to do with the error.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Alright guys. RPG Mod has cause some problems here and there. So I considered removing it but wanted a vote. The benefits would be a few more FPS and less crashes. So all in favor?"

I would vote to keep it, I think it adds a whole new element to FPSC and it would be a shame to lose it.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 13:51 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 13:52
I appreciate the vote of confidence in the mod itself. However it is old code and I know for a fact there are bugs in it. Also, I remember Hockeykid did some things that caused some commands to act differently and if you don't know this then then they won't work. This specifically had to do with placement of text and huds. I think he changed coordiante placement to percentagse rather than exact coordinates for a 1024x768 pixel screen. Which is still the case. If this ever changes I suppose I have some work cut out for me on the stand-alone version.

As I have mentioned before I will not be able to help debug.

@Marc

I may be reading what you are trying to say wrong but FPSC v116 only will work with the newest version of directX 9. So if you do not have that installed then it will not work.

I'm assuming X11 comes with Windows7. As far as the graphics card goes I would assume along with VISTA, that it will work with Direct X9 as well.FPSC just won't have the capabilites that X11 has. VISTA allowed X9 to reside with X10 without any complications or incompatibilities. With Windows7 I'm not sure as I have not heard from anybody who has tested this.

OliveTreeGames
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 14:18
Please remove RPG Mod

I would prefer a more stable build with better performance.

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 15:48
Don't remove the RPG Mod! It causes no problems with this mod! A lot of people don't follow instruction's carefully and put files in the wrong place!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 00:05:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 00:05:14