Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fenix Mod Offical Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 04:33
Quote: "rpg_setup.fpi
rpg_clues_setup.fpi
rpg_text_setup.fpi"

Where can I find these files? And i just place them in the Files folder? Thats it?

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 05:48
Is there a way to use the bulletpass=x command where it passes through and object (like a person, glass, wood) and damages it?

Are chicken mcnugetts chicken or headcrab?
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 11:09 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 13:08
@Shaka.

These files are included in the folder with the latest version of the manual uploaded yesterday.

And, yes, just place them directly into your files folder.
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 21:32
Hockeykid, can you re-post the V1.0 link please ?
Because i cannot use the 1.1 (fpsc crashes)

Please apologize my bad english, I'm French.

ELDORA Rocks !
BlackFox
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 21:35 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 21:36
@ RelMayer

Quote: "Hockeykid, can you re-post the V1.0 link please ?"

We have v1.0 of Fenix on FPS-Media. You can get it by clicking on FPS Mods, and select Fenix. Downloads are at the bottom. We keep the versions released available to help out HockeyKid so he does not need to have multiple downloads posted.

The link is:

http://fps-media.mk-tek.com

Cheers

Mike

NAACP gotme
Years of Service
User Offline
God i love this thing, thanks for making FPSC that much better. But there's one feature I've always wanted to see, and that's actual recoil, would it be possible to add that in the next version? like as a gunspec command?

ex: recoilz = x recoilzreturn = x

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
RelMayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 22:17
Thank you BlackFox !

Please apologize my bad english, I'm French.

ELDORA Rocks !
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 00:55
Does anyone know if it is possible to change from 3rd person perspective to first person ON THE FLY? Meaning as you go/halfway a level? No matter how it's done (triggerzone/script etc.)

Also, horror mod has the kewl feature of removing the head when you use appearwithheadshot.fpi, however when i combined that with the headshotdamage command, the char lived on but the head was removed. Also, i did not see a lot of blood spurt out, or a big pool of blood. MUST i use the headshot command from Fenix (think there was one), and if i do will it then only remove the head when the head "health" has completely drained?
If anyone could shed a light on this, would be great. Even a little help is a lot of help. Thnx

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@ ambideXter-

1. Possible but tricky if weapons are involved. You can have the event script (associated with a triggerzone or whatever) activate the body entity and have the entity destroy itself when activated. You should be able to spawn a new body to go back to third person when desired. The trick thing is if you have weapons because you will need to either have no player weapon or invisible player weapons when in 3rd person and normal weapons when in first person view (otherwise you would have a FPP gun and TP character at the same time). It's not a problem to give/take/reset weapons but having continuity with ammo count could be very difficult or impossible. If it's part of your story progression and not totally on-the-fly (user toggle) it should be manageable with effort.

2. Add a condition to check the AI health is 0 or less before removing the head.
freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 03:53 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 03:55
EAI and Bond1 are valued members but you aren't? What in the name of cheese is wrong with those awarders!?!

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 03:54 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 03:55
For all I know, I could be forum admin and you still not be "Valued Member"

EDIT
Oops, double post!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 04:11 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 04:12
Quote: "EAI and Bond1 are valued members but you aren't?"

eh maybe they're trying to think of a new award name for mine, one that surpasses all the others . One can only hope

In all honesty I guess I just need to "contribute" a bit more

(Or someone could just make a "Hockeykid should be a valued member" thread )

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 04:40
Contribute more? ARE YOU CRAZY!?! YOU'VE CONTRIBUTED A LOT!!!
Lol, your award is "The Awesomeness Award".

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 04:43
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=165807&b=21 Here ya go

ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 13:34 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 14:13
Thnx Errent, about
1, it is not totally on the fly, at certain times, but a few times a level. However, for a beginner like me it might be a bit to much to start with (error sensitive), i'll plan that in for my next game.
*edit* ok i might try it, i don't want to give up yet, but after a few other tings, i'll start experimenting with it, testing. however when it comes to scripting; just starting to learn it.

2: thnx, i'll try that.

And yeah, hockeykid did not just make one mod (mean the merges and contribution to PB also, helped with tons of scripts, he contributed a lot, i think he deserved it.
He at least deserves something. Good job Hockeykid! You rule!
I'm proud to give you: The International Penguin Award *applauding*

ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 22:26 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 22:28
Can someone take a look at this, i'm afraid i'm learning to script and experimenting with them as i go. I want a headshot (HorrorM), but without the standard one shot kill. This is what i came up with, an altered "Appearwithheadshot.fpi":

The headshotdamage=5 is a purely experimental number.
Any help would really be apreciated, you don't have to write the whole script or anything.

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
First by calling runfpidefault=1, you are no longer running this script, so
Quote: ":state=0:shotinhead=1,healthless=1,state=1
:state=1,removehead"

is not needed
Second, shotinhead=1 is not an action it is a condition, and so is healthless=1, so you would want to set it up like
Quote: ":state=0,shotinhead=1,healthless=1:state=1"

Third, you want to add that bottom part to a main script, so it will remove the head when it is shot

Hope This Helps
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 23:05
Thnx so much. And i will really try to improve on my scripting, learning it now trhough this great link http://download.fpsfree.com/n79q24t66ks8/scripts/fpi_script.htm
and the Fenix manual, the FPSC manual, the official guide and by looking at other scripts. As you can tell i'm really bad at this.I think i looked a bit to much at the appearwithheadshot script.
Thnx so much.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "God i love this thing, thanks for making FPSC that much better. But there's one feature I've always wanted to see, and that's actual recoil, would it be possible to add that in the next version? like as a gunspec command?

ex: recoilz = x recoilzreturn = x"

All of these commands already exist... Please refer to the Fenix Mod manual and look under the Airmod section..
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 23:13
True i find these very interresting:

freak of nature 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 23:27
@Gorlocks
mine too

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 23:31 Edited at: 12th Feb 2010 23:32
lol thats funny Freak of Nature.
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2010 23:33 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 00:28
Alright, there must be some conflict, or, more likely, i did something wring.
This is the Appear is use now:

And this is the Main:

I also tried
:state=2:removehead
For the destroy i use the leavecorpse, wich probably shouldn't matter.
PLease be patient with me, i know my scripting "skills" is the lack of any, and they're horrible. Thnx.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@ambideXter + @Gorlocks suggestions + freak of nature 64

Fprgive me if I'm wrong, but you seem to be having an issue with the Airmod gun specs... This really should be in the manual thread, however... I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you or you are not understanding the manual.

However... X is a user changeable factor, I'm not sure what the issue is? I'll help further if I can..
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 08:44
Still Very Lost on a few things could you please help me on

Putting Water in the game.

Having Dynamic Shadows because so far I haven't seen any type of shadow what so ever no matter what I do.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
As these are really manual questions, I've answered them in that thread... Please will people use the manual thread for Fenix mod coding questions...
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
ambideXter
You have to put
Quote: "
:state=0,shotinhead=1,healthless=1:state=2"

in the main script for it to work properly
Also, in the appear script, you need runfpidefault=1 or you will never run your main script.

Hope This Helps
oakley
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 16:39
Hey hockeykid, everything is awesome about this mod, except for one thing:
When I adjust the ambience and press "n" to save, the red ambience never saves, just goes back to 255 in the test game. I don't know if this is a horror mod problem or a fenix mod problem, but its kind of annoying to have to change it everytime I test, because otherwise everything is pink. I think it would be worth another update to get it fixed.
Thanks!
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 18:15
water is done through scripting, right? what are the bloom and water commands again?

to fenix mod!
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 18:22 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 18:23
Water was removed from Fenix Mod, and bloom commands are contained in the Fenix Mod manual.
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 18:31
So, am I the only one to get these serious collision bugs with the new version? (player stuck into static entities too much often... )
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 19:28
Hi, i have some questions about fenix mod, first how do u enable ragdoll and scond when i use the particklecreator i can create partickles but the texture i have setdoes'nt appear...

Srry about my english im from sweeden
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 20:05 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 20:56
Quote: "So, am I the only one to get these serious collision bugs with the new version? (player stuck into static entities too much often... ) "

French Gui, updated to 1.16? Do you use Fenix 1.1?

Ok did exactly as u said, everything i tried so far results in the head being removed the second i hit it.
This is the Appear script:

And this is the new Main:

Sry i have to keep posting here, but it's still not working and it is crucial, otherwise 1 shotgun shot could kil 2-3 zombies way to easy. They ought to be tough. And thnx for helping, i really apreciate it.
Also tried this, since it figures it needs to go to state 1 first, otherwise can't go to state 2. IT DID NOT WORK.
Main:

Standard headshot works flawless for 1 shot kill, but i can't get headremoval after head damage. Is there anyone here that uses headshots, but not the 1 shot kill kind? With the headshotdamage= command?

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 20:48
There is no ragdoll in x9 or any mod @The Zoq2

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 22:24
But in the bugreports for 1.1 there was a bug with ragdoll for about a month that was solved acording to hockeykid.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the bug list from V1.1 Dev

-Bug causing the screen to freeze when bloom is in use
-Bug causing game to crash at loading active guns
-Bug that causes Runtime Error 500 - Unknown image error at line 42931 when escape is pressed
-Bug causing gun particles to crash game
-Horror mod files not being carried over during build game process
-Bug causing test game load to crash while using RPG Mod
-Bug causing sounds to play while walking
-Bug causing saving and loading to crash
-Bug causing alt fire to not work as it should

Nothing in here says anything about ragdoll

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 23:32
Weren't you planning on adding ragdoll at some point, though?

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 23:36
Quote: "French Gui, updated to 1.16? Do you use Fenix 1.1?"

Yes, last version installed, but...

Ok, I've found the trouble: as soon as I change Fov in horror mod settings and save , then collision become mad. If I don't save, everything works well. Could someone test this (put just some stairs on a basic floor, change the Fov settings,save and try to climb stairs)
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 23:38 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 23:39
I think i saw something about ragdoll somewere but maybe i was wrog, how about the partickle bug then??

I have noticed that to i can't jump or crouch once i have changed that

ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2010 23:45 Edited at: 13th Feb 2010 23:50
Something different, probably very hard, but i think everyone would find it very very kewl, it's not lifelike but tons better then the default. I especially don't like it when the AI falls on their back without being pushed backwars, just looks so fake.
Hockeykid, know your busy, but i tought if anyone knows something about scripting and your mod it's you, and people don't seem to respond to my latest post, though i understand it fairly recend (so that's ok). The normal horror head remove works flawless, but i just can't get mine to work: only remove head when health=0.
I now have these 2 scripts:

Appear:

Main:

If you would take a quick look at them i would really apreciate it. If your to busy i'd understand.

I understood water was going to see a return, or was it permanently cancelled? Very very good mod as it is, though water would be kewl, TGC store has some uberkewl shark models.
Btw i wander how processor intensive ragdoll physics would be. Reminds me of Garry's mod.

zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
ambideXter
you almost got it, put try and keep the shotinhead=1, and healthless=1 in the same line. Also, don't put them with a state, that limits when the line will trigger, and since you want this to happen immediately, it is not needed.

Hope This Helps
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 02:12 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 02:13

Now have this;

;End of Script
As you can guess, it doesn't work. I did not want to ask this, but it's taking a lot of space in this thread, can anyone write an example, or piece of my code but altered, that should work? Or else tell me what i'm doing wrong? On the other hand, if space isn't the issue, i think i am learning from this, though only bits and slowly, but still. Giving hints would also be kewl, anything that gets me going
And zeza, thank you very much for helping, seems a lot of help comes from you, really apreciated.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As you can guess, it doesn't work. I did not want to ask this, but it's taking a lot of space in this thread, can anyone write an example, or piece of my code but altered, that should work? Or else tell me what i'm doing wrong? On the other hand, if space isn't the issue, i think i am learning from this, though only bits and slowly, but still. Giving hints would also be kewl, anything that gets me going
And zeza,, thank you very much for helping, seems a lot of help comes from you, really apreciated."

I'd rather you ask your question in the FPSC Manual thread so we can keep this thread "Clean". Make sure your headshotdamage value/ syntax(spelling) is correct. The reason the enemy would be dying in 1 shot would be because of the default headshotdamage value

NAACP gotme
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 02:16 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 02:17
Quote: "All of these commands already exist... Please refer to the Fenix Mod manual and look under the Airmod section.. "

I know that there's recoil on the x and y axis', which could push the camera to the left or right, but theres no command for recoil on the z axis, wich would push the player backwards, which would happen if you where to fire a large caliber/ heavy machine gun

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 02:52 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 04:12
Then your shoulder might be pushed back, (and) maybe your upper body, but normally you don't fire from the hip. Or you fall down. But theres no way it would litterly push you back if you where standing and both feet where at the ground all the time. And even if it was about to do that you probably loose control.
Besides, .50 cal's are rarely fired unmounted. And a .50 sniper rifle has a tripod, usually with points and the bottom (buddy in army) get's burried quite deep in the ground. And the .50 desert eagle or things like that are not realistic millitary weapons, but recreational/personal, and would probably make for a bad choice for self defence.
But, for film/game realism i guess it would be kewl, if you go easy with the "z-"recoil.
May i add, though weapons the .50 desert eagle (they come in different caliburs) isn't the most realistic weapon to use, i would not want to miss it, i really like EAI's one in MP9, especially when i got the scope removed. Maybe coz i played Counter Strike to much, it was such a cheap ace weapon

ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 18:51 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 18:57
Fenix won't die that quick. It's way to good.
Can anyone with knowledge of scripting look at this?
I don't know why it isn't working. Tried a lot. Thnx.
And Gorlocks suggestions,dynamic shadows look horrible, i personally rather set about everything static, then it cast beatifull shadows, but for that you need to open your setup.ini and buildsetup.ini and have

There's more you can set.

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 18:55
Looks to me like it will only remove the head if it's far away from the player. On the first line, remove the state=0. Make the first line:

:shotinhead=1,healthless=1:removehead

That way, no matter what it's doing, it'll have it's head removed when shot in the head and killed.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 18:56
That above script will only remove the head when the player is over 300 units away. Fixed script below:

:shotinhead=1,healthless=1:removehead
:state=0,plrdistwithin=300:state=1
:state=1,plrdistfurther=40:rotatetoplr,movefore=2,animate=2
:state=1,plrdistfurther=300:animate=1,state=0
:state=1,plrdistwithin=40,rateoffire:rotateplr,animate=92,plraddhealth=-20

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
ambideXter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 18:58 Edited at: 14th Feb 2010 19:31
Thnx so much!!
Believe it or not, i actually learned something from that
*EDIT* TESTED. It DID remove the head with the first shot, [b]before the character died[/b]. Maybe it is failing at the appear script.
If someone could look at the appear script, thnx.

Destroy script is the default leavecorpse.fpi.
Did nobody tried to get headshots, with headremoval, that did not kill with one shot? That must be one of the coolest features of Horror Mod.
And thnx all for helping.
*Attached is an example*

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2010 22:24
How do I get the crouch and jump off to work?
This is what I've made:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-25 06:57:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-25 06:57:40