Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fenix Mod Offical Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 20:41
BUG REPORT

The Flashlight does not light up characters

oh and also, keep RPG mod, I haven't seen anything wrong with the mod and B4 people go one saying remove it test it out for any bugs B4 you do vote cause Fenix mod would hardley have any scripting commands without it

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 21:18
Quote: "Fenix mod would hardley have any scripting commands without it"

What exactly is in RPG mod that you can't already accomplish with Fenix Mod?

Kravenwolf

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 21:41 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 21:43
BUG REPORT

When i Put a Stair in a level,save it....
when i open it again the stair doesnt work (the player dont go up)

We are watching you
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2010 21:46 Edited at: 5th Feb 2010 21:49
What do you mean exactly? Does your player walk through it? If so, I have this error which only occurs in a test game, and is not constant. I have built a game with Fenix and the stairs work fine.

EDIT: Please do not remove RPG Mod! It hasn't given me any serious errors! (Unless it has something to do with the camview command not working)
FPSC Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Alright guys. RPG Mod has cause some problems here and there. So I considered removing it but wanted a vote. The benefits would be a few more FPS and less crashes. So all in favor?"

well , i have an idea i think that you should make to version of Fenix Mod ,one of them included RPG mod and the other not

U571
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "well , i have an idea i think that you should make to version of Fenix Mod ,one of them included RPG mod and the other not"

Uh no because I then have to program everything twice

Not to fear though you guys have plenty of time to decide as at the moment i'm working on Project Blue.

FPSC Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Not to fear though you guys have plenty of time to decide as at the moment i'm working on Project Blue"

well good luck for you

but Fenix Mod will stay free ?

U571
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 00:02
Yes. That has been said many times.

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

it was the best song in the world..."
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 01:25
I believe the programmer would know what he's talking about when he says the engine would have less bugs without RPG Mod. My vote goes to remove it because Fenix Mod already has many great capabilities.

There is nothing wrong with RPG Mod in and of itself, its just quite complicated and a bit much for us simple .fpi scripters to get set up

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
zeza
Years of Service
User Offline
The main reasons I liked the RPG mod was because of the entity timers and variable system, both eased up the amount of scripting that I had to do, making them impeccable to me as a scripter.

Hope This Helps
RGR Designs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 05:10
I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to game design and FPSC but I think I can tell a pretty good story. That is my plan for the game I'm working on now. It will have some shooting, but it will be more of a story. Anyway, to keep on topic here, I am having some trouble learning this whole spripting deal. I've got some things to work with the mod by messing around but I'm not sure how to use the commands and conditions that this, or pretty much any mod has. I really like what I've been able to do with this mod so far, I think it's the best one I've seen on here, but I would like to do more with it.

From reading through this forum, I've seen a lot of helpful people here and am hoping to get some help with my newbie questions. Thanks in advance.

Rob
RGR Designs
Site Coming Soon!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 06:50
Fenix will eventually make its way into Project Blue, which already has support for entity timers and a better variable system.

The one and only,

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 08:17
Thanks for responding Flatlander.

Quote: "I may be reading what you are trying to say wrong but FPSC v116 only will work with the newest version of directX 9."

If this was the case, then the stock program would be broken too even without Fenix Mod being used. FPSC runs perfectly in V1.16 in stock and also Project Blue, so I'm almost completely convinced it's a Fenix Mod problem.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 09:23
I am having a little trouble with the player legs script.Do I place it in the appear script spot of the main script spot in the character because the name of the script and the one in the manual say two differant things. I tried both but my person does not have the legs of that character. They are on always active too.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 09:54
I seriously have problems... I mean, I know the entities vanishing thing *should* be a good thing, but it really isn't... I mean, big entities like houses disappear when like 1 meter away from them, LOL!
That didn't happen yesterday, but... today it just happens.

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 10:38
SekoIdiootti, it's a problem with dynamic entities being clipped. It's a bug in all versions of FPSC and every mod (check out the Project Blue thread for my post about it).

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick question but is Lemur Mod integrated into Fenix Mod through Horror/AirMod/XR Mod/RPG Mod? (I was thinking of making a MP game with team deathmatches).
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 20:25
quote by dark peanut

There is nothing wrong with RPG Mod in and of itself, its just quite complicated and a bit much for us simple .fpi scripters to get set up

Yes this mod goes above and beyond the objectives set by Lee. He wanted something simple to use in both setting up the universe and to script. Setting up the universe is still the same, but the scripting has taken a major leap. It's not that I don't want anybody to use it but they have to know what they are getting into. Also RPG Mod is over 8,000 lines of code currently as a stand-alone. Probably more like 5000-6000 within Fenix. It might be overhead that is not needed?

-----------------------------------------------
OliveTreeGames
Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 20:53
I think we should remove it. Its making it so I cant even start my test game without crashing and closing FPSC. I cant run it at all now. Can you re-upload ver 1.0 so we can have that one to revert back to? I dont have that one anymore and it worked fine for me.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 21:24 Edited at: 6th Feb 2010 21:26
@Shaka

Scene Commander wrote this in the Official Fenix Mod Guide thread:

Quote: "

@zeza and anyone having issues with RPG mod. Sorry, I should have spotted this earlier. To ensure that the RPG mod works correctly you need to have the following attached .FPI files in your FPSC files folder. I had accidentally deleted them from mine and hadn't noticed. So I've been trying to solve a bug that didn't exisit!

rpg_setup.fpi
rpg_clues_setup.fpi
rpg_text_setup.fpi

These files can be edited to suit your needs but must be included in the files folder for the RPG elements of the mod to work.

. . .

I now have RPG mod working more or less perfectly.

"

Actually its not only to ensure that RPG Mod works but that Fenix works. If these files are not there the test game WILL crash.

OliveTreeGames
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 21:31
??? Really? I don't have those, and my game works fine...

Hmm... I don't know...

"And we played the first thing that came to our heads...Just so happened to be... the best song in the world...

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 22:09
Srry for double post but i need help! I am having a little trouble with the player legs script.Do I place it in the appear script spot of the main script spot in the character because the name of the script and the one in the manual say two different things. I tried both but my person does not have the legs of that character. They are on always active too.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 22:23 Edited at: 6th Feb 2010 22:26
Quote: "Hmm... I don't know..."

Thats right. If you don't have them at all it will ignore loading the setup files. Duh on me.

However, if you have those files in the files folder and they ARE NOT setup correctly then that will definitely cause the test level to crash. Whoever is having this problem, try removing those files completely from the files folder and see if that helps.

@Gorlocks

The best place to ask questions regarding how to do something with Fenix mod is in the "Official Fenix Mod Manual and Guide" thread.

The link is http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=21&t=164467&p=0

OliveTreeGames
RGR Designs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2010 23:03
Thanks for posting this, I didn't know the manual existed. I have downloaded it and looked it over. It has helped me understand things a bit more, but there are still some things I don't understand.

Rob
RGR Designs
Site Coming Soon!
RGR Designs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 01:05
That last post was actually my second post. I had posted before that I was having trouble understanding how to use most of the features in Fenix. I did figure out how to use the DarkAI Enemy/Ally feature, but it's the adding things to scripts that I have trouble with. Not sure what to add to what code to get different features to work.

Sorry for sounding like a total newb, but I am... lol.

Rob
RGR Designs
Site Coming Soon!
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 01:40
Ok I am trying to modify the GunSpec TXT. thing for EAI's RPG7 but I do not see it in my directory in fact everything I have purchased doesnt show up. But the file is in FPSC so how do I modify the gunspec so I can aim?
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 02:26
It's in the gamecore\guns\EAI directory. The weapon files aren't in the entitybank.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:23
its not there either
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:29
You sure? Ok, really it'll be under Files\gamecore\guns\EAI\RPG-7. Figued you could get that yourself. If its not there, then I'm not sure anymore.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:51
yes I am sure and im am getting fustrated that I cant have ironsights with the guns because there is nothing there!!!
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:55
Hmmm... So have looked in C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\gamecore\guns\EAI\RPG7

Right?

Try redownloading the gun. Does it still work now? if so, it should be there...

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:57
Here is proof

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 03:58
I tried but still nothing from anything in the purchased section and more proof.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 04:07
Try using it in-game. Like, picking it up. If the weapon appears, look in the FPE script for the pickup entity to find it. If it gives you an error upon pickup or it doesn't appear, redownload the gun.

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 08:06
Hey, one quick (and semi-nooby) question:

Does this mod sport all of airmod's features? If not, what exactly does it have from airmod.

Thanx

Grenadier Games
"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives"-Gunny
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 09:51
Ok I have a major freaking problem here! I have no idea what is going on but i am really ticked off. Files are not appearing like those EAI stuff that I wanted to get iron sights for and any game I try to build I cannot see it but if I choose where to download some thing it shows up there. I don't know if it is an FPSC problem a fenix mod problem or a computer problem but I am ticked off about this whole situation.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ok I have a major freaking problem here! I have no idea what is going on but i am really ticked off. Files are not appearing like those EAI stuff that I wanted to get iron sights for and any game I try to build I cannot see it but if I choose where to download some thing it shows up there. I don't know if it is an FPSC problem a fenix mod problem or a computer problem but I am ticked off about this whole situation."

This is not a Fenix Mod problem so I would appreciate it if you made your own thread about it.

Quote: "Does this mod sport all of airmod's features? "

Yes

TerrorNation
Years of Service
User Offline
Does Fenix have Lemur Mod implemented (I want to make team deathmatches)?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hockeykid, I have another bug for you. Today I tried to make a build game with the new mod and it gave me an error at "loading active decals" 314 or something. I removed fenix mod and did a vanilla build game and it worked just fine. Then I just erased the exe and replaced it with the fenix mod and the game works just fine. My point is that something is wrong with the game builder of the mod. Doing a simple one level with benges sprites did not work.

I did anothe test build without the sprites and it gave me an error with the sky saying "sprite could not be found" and that was right at the beginning of the build process. I have been slowly fixing my computer today and it has not had fpsc on it for the last three days. Just something for you to look at, but I can live with this for now.

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 16:08
Hello Hockeykid
I love your mod and its definitely one of the best.
I'm having a few problems with Fenix mod on my PC, it used to work on xp though
I get an error even trying to test the level.
I have X9 v116, 2gb ram, dual core. windows 7.

Thanks in advance
Abdul Ahad
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 17:00
I have a lot of collision troubles (player blocked next to static objects,for example stairs, or loading bays) with the new Fenix mod version. Is it just me or someone else experienced this?
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 18:30
abdulahad, it may be a problem with windows 7, i had it with another mod, try setting it to run in XP mode

I love Cheese; It Fills Me With Glees,
My Tastebuds it please; oh yes, i love cheese.
Kill3r7
User Banned
Posted: 8th Feb 2010 19:38
I try to using fenix mod on windows 7 and for me its not necessary change the compatibility mode

Intel Core 2 duo e7300 2.66ghz (Wolf-Dale) edition. Geforce 9800GTX+ Plus Edition OC. 4Gb of memory ram. 500HDD
Sandante
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 00:24
Hockeykid@

I have some problems with the on-rail system.

1) when you place a character, you see a black spot on the ground where he is spawning.

2) you can't pick up things ( only weapons)

3) when you pick up a weapon, he keeps repeating the select gun animations.

4) the gun hud is oversized.

Could you please look at this??, thank you!!

SanXL.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 01:49
Is this mod going to mix in with project Blue???
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 02:26
I am having trouble with the player legs. Where do I put the script because the Manual says Main but the script name says appear and does it have to be a static or dynamic character or have always active on for player to appear.
mickeyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 13:35 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 00:43
Hi
downloaded your mod Version 1.1 but can't get it to run
keep geting errors
i have installed fpsc update 1.16.018
the lastested version of directX feb2010
lastested Nvidia drivers for my cards.
Everything runs when using without the mod.
pc spec:
Vista 64 sp2
core 2 duo E7200 @ 3gigs
4 gigs of ram
2 Gforce 9800GT with 512megs each.

Edit:
click build test game and get
FPSC Game has stopped working
Problem details

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FPSC-Game.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 49126fbe
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Any help

Thanks
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am having trouble with the player legs. Where do I put the script because the Manual says Main but the script name says appear and does it have to be a static or dynamic character or have always active on for player to appear. "

Sorry for late reply, this is my mistake. The player legs script should indeed be in the characters appear script and the character, has to be dynamic, just as any entity running a script. I'll update the manual script.
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 11:34 Edited at: 11th Feb 2010 15:24
Quote: "abdulahad, it may be a problem with windows 7, i had it with another mod, try setting it to run in XP mode
"

Hi Ocho Geek
Thanx for the help

Abdul Ahad

[EDIT]

Never mind i got it up and running again, but just one problem, when i build the level i get the 3d particles error, I have to add the Particlebank folder in the Files folder, even though i haven't added any effects and thus it kills the frame-rate in build game.

Abdul Ahad
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 00:59
What's wrong? Now this thread is getting less popular!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 19:40:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 19:40:27