Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / The Elimination of Evil - al Qaeda first shooter demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:32
Oh yes, and I'm having that problem with the game too.

-Ya know how much I hate 'Stack Overload Error's?-
Thhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiisssssssssssss muuuuuuuuccchhh!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 13:42
The twat above must suppport MR-twat bush. He only wants war coz he's got nothing better to do in his life. Plus, he wants to make ppl think that hes good, when hes not. He is a twat, i dont even care, go away, now.

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 13:46
And dont think u can f*uc*ing thank france for any thing that they helped america with, coz thats just taking the pi$$. That stuff you said about the bomb, we know that ur lying. And just incase u wondered, america is gonna be bombed again soon, lets just hope its nowhere near you...

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 13:48
just kidding about the bomb

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 13:50
ya see, if iraq DO have weapons of mass destruction, then when there is a war they will bomb america with them. Unlucky eh? france is not the cause of this 'thing', its america's fault. (no offense to the americans i like)

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 19:41
Please note, petrat, that I NEVER said anything about Iraq nowadays, and although I am in support of taking out Saddam, I think it should be done with the approval of at least three of the other members of the UN Security Council (i.e., Britain, France, Russia, China, three of them). I simply said that in the past, America has come to the aid of France, just as in 'the past before that past', France (and Germany) came to the aid of the American revolutionaries. I don't blame anything relating to Iraq or the September 11th terrorist attacks on France, either. I mostly just diskike English people like Raven, that are ignorant of reality and think that the UK is still the strongest country in the world, which it stopped being 80 years ago, and that the US is still just a little country that somehow depends on the UK for support.

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 00:55
Hmmm Rare - YES Goldeneye was great but Perfect Dark Fell short of the mark, the Killer Instinct And Donkey Kong Country games had great graphics but crap gameplay, Banjo was ok but couldn't touch Mario 64, Blast Corps was good, DC64 and Conker were dissapointments, Diddy Kong Racing was cool till you had to repeat the same friggin level for the 4th time, StarFox Adventures is pretty but so so so poor and boring and linear.

Sorry with the exception of BlastCorps and Goldeneye Rare are really worth much Its a shame they are considered our flagship company when really they have released no good produce in recent years

IMHO anyway

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kalel06
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 00:57
-Thank france for the girls too!!!
striker25
Years of Service
User Offline
Take it from another side of the globe.

It isnt americans we dislike, its AMERICANISM. My teacher went over to america for a teachers conference, and while having brekky with some yanks, they said to him "You australians are such try hards". His reply was "try hard whats? Not americans thats for sure". TRUE TRUE, that was just one fat american(literally), but it pretty well sum's up their felling of general superiority. I mean, you should all be living in Tasmania, its the obvious choice!! I have a general liking towards Englanders..i mean...without them, where would the Premier League be? Beckham? Kewel? Milner? Smith? Owen? WHAT WOULD WE DO??!??!??!
thanx england for being the Football capital of the world

Hey...thats a good point, why dont we all turn up at the 2006world cup and see each other

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 02:14
ElectroJako45:

I wanna be friends with ya but understand that its only america that wants this war. I only swoar(if thats how ya spell the damn $hit) coz i was in a bad mood...anywayz, forget it. If you ask me, I side with Saddam some of the time...but im sure im the only one. I didnt post the stuff to have a go at you, i just wanted to explain the situation :-( forgive me :-(

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 02:15

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
As an American, I resemble your remarks. We only want to go to war with Iraq for the most noble of reasons: Better drilling contracts for Halliburton Oil and other Texas based oil/chemical companies.

You see we have a lot of poor billionaires here who could loose up to 12% of their net profits this year, so naturally war is inevitable. Please give us your airspace so when oust Saddam and put in another savagely oppressive dictator who gives us better oil rights, we'll cut your companies in for a piece of the deal.

D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 20:42
LOL

"If you can't make it good
make it look good."
Bill Gates
Jonny_S
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 21:30
Actually the SAS is one of the best forces in the world. I personally think what americans are doing is wrong and because certain british PM's cough tony cough blair cough will do what ever he wishes many british civilians among people from other countries will get killed

monkey by day, crime fighting sex god by night
Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 22:19
Personally, I stay out of politics - none of the politicians are particularly effective at the moment: Bush couldn't outwit a sausage sandwich and Blair is deceptive weasel of a man.

Of course, one of the reasons that we're all having a go at Saddam and his weapons is because the US has lost Bin Laden; they can't find him and they cannot look like they've lost the war against terrorism, so they're pestering a terrorist they can find. Although, to be honest, not know where they're supposed to be fighting doesn't usually stop the US from bombing the hell out of everything.

I do understand that there are many Americans that are perfectly decent people and would rather not hear their country being slated, but I'm not aiming this at the 'average' American, who would probably just like to finish this whole ordeal, or the country as a whole; just the government and the aforementioned 'unlucky' billionares.

Anyway, I don't know who mentioned about the US giving aid to so many countries, but which money-grabbing country do you think is causing their problems?

There, now I needn't mention politics for another year...

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2003 22:54
Sensible Views Doomer I agree. I stay out of politics which is why I posted about Rare. Glad nobody flamed me for it tho, its an often heated topic

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
What do you mean um... what you said about Rare! That's um... bad and you're a big stupid-head!

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2003 01:33
oil? is that ALL? OIL? what a bloody waste of time then...that tells u that america is messed up

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2003 05:58
lol at ZomB Thanks I needed that!

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
That'll teach ya

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 02:20
TO THE YANK.
I know you've had some stick recently but remember something will you!
-We fought the most evil regime in history ALONE-without nobody- for two years before you joined in and only because of pearl harbour.
-That we spouted on for ten years about keepin the peace
so when War finally caught up to us we were strategically outclassed and outfought by the germans, as you were, the russians who were brave but no better than fodder, the french who stuck to dreadful tactics.
-Without the Russians wearing down quality german troops through getting slaughtered and perserverance we (Americans and British would never have beat them!) The germans had the finest army in the world through its modern doctrines.
-We actually had the largest navy to everybody and although we weren't going anywere, that combined with the best fighter defence set up the germans would have had a hell of a time crossing the channal. We did have a couple of little things called the blitz and the battle of britain u know! Which we won, only just but we did and without anybody else helping.
-The IRA are a minority and the majority in Northern Ireland want to be Bitish, not Irish. The Army is there for peacekeeping duties. Remember vietnam, the British army is under constant fire in Ireland and it is well known the Irish use the crowds to fire and shoot from. If N.I. wants to be Irish it merely has to vote the right parties and it will get a referendum. Just like Scotland and Wales did.
- They are also killing because of a battle that took place 400 years ago. Its also a fact that the IRA are funded by Irish-Americans. I've got Mohawk blood lines. How would you feel if I sent money to a NARA(native american republican army) to you. Have you forgotton what you did only one hundred and thirty years ago to those poor people!
-America gets stick because of its hypocrosy and self congratulatory manner. I study my history and I know how many Americans were killed fighting bravely in world war 1 and 2. But you were going to leave us to ROT and everybody knows it!

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 04:03
To the Yank

Another point. How come you win the revolution and its an American victory dispite the fact most of the population were british settlers or other europeans but when it comes to slavery it was british colonials?
Most of your ancesters were probably still living in Europe at the time as well so it wasnt your victory really. You are just stealing someone elses glory.
And I seem to remeber that a canadian army which was actually British burnt Washington!

Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 04:18
TO THE BRIT.

(I love using this format to post stuff!)

"We fought the most evil regime in history ALONE-without nobody- for two years before you joined in and only because of pearl harbour."

-Ever heard of America/Roosevelt's Lend-Lease program, where we sold you tanks and aircraft for a few dollars each? Oh, and you had the French and the Soviets/Russians as your allies.

"That we spouted on for ten years about keepin the peace
so when War finally caught up to us we were strategically outclassed and outfought by the germans, as you were, the russians who were brave but no better than fodder, the french who stuck to dreadful tactics."

-If you had said no to Hitler's acquistion of weak European countries when he had started, and fought a war then, the Germans wouldn't have had time to build up his army. Although, I do agree with you that the French had horrible tactics and didn't think about their 'Belgian countrymen' to the north. (If they had extended the Maginot Line or bothered to defend adequately up there, Hitler wouldn't have pushed through France as quickly as he did, and the British could have based aircraft in France and used them against the Germans, pushing them back, and ending the war in late 1940.)

"Without the Russians wearing down quality german troops through getting slaughtered and perserverance we (Americans and British would never have beat them!) The germans had the finest army in the world through its modern doctrines."

-That, I must say is true, however, it isn't a valid point against Americans.

"We actually had the largest navy to everybody and although we weren't going anywere, that combined with the best fighter defence set up the germans would have had a hell of a time crossing the channal. We did have a couple of little things called the blitz and the battle of britain u know! Which we won, only just but we did and without anybody else helping."

-The German High Seas Fleet did a lot of damage to the British Royal Navy before the Battle of Britain, not to mention U-boats. And the reason Hitler's attack was called the blitzkrieg was because it was a lightning attack which neither the British or French were prepared for. If you had WON the blitz in 1939/40, France wouldn't have been conquered by the Germans. In the Battle of Britain, their were hundreds of American pilots flying alongside British pilots, so we were essentially fighting the war as your ally and HELPING you before 1941.

"The IRA are a minority and the majority in Northern Ireland want to be Bitish, not Irish. The Army is there for peacekeeping duties. Remember vietnam, the British army is under constant fire in Ireland and it is well known the Irish use the crowds to fire and shoot from. If N.I. wants to be Irish it merely has to vote the right parties and it will get a referendum. Just like Scotland and Wales did."

-Yes, Northeren Ireland wants to be British, but I was referring to the rest of Ireland not wanting to be British. True, the IRA do use terrorist tactics and sacrifice civilians in the name of their cause. HOWEVER, the British use suppresionist (if that's a word; if it's not, you know what I mean anyway) tactics against the Irish people as well as the IRA. No, the IRA isn't noble, but neither are the occuping British forces.

"They are also killing because of a battle that took place 400 years ago. Its also a fact that the IRA are funded by Irish-Americans. I've got Mohawk blood lines. How would you feel if I sent money to a NARA(native american republican army) to you. Have you forgotton what you did only one hundred and thirty years ago to those poor people!"

-Oh, but you have funded Native Americans in the past. It is a well established fact that from 1776 (the start of the Revolutionary War/American Revolution) through around 1814 (the end of the War of 1812/Napoleonic War), British forces commanded and armed Native Americans to fight against American colonists and soldiers.

"America gets stick because of its hypocrosy and self congratulatory manner. I study my history and I know how many Americans were killed fighting bravely in world war 1 and 2. But you were going to leave us to ROT and everybody knows it!"

-No, America sucks! WOOO-HOOOOO!!!! GO AMERICA!!!!!! (for those who don't understand American sarcasm, I just said one thing and then hypocritically contradicted it in a self congratulatory manner). Anyway, why does everyone judge a country's commitment or bravery in a war by how many of that country's soldiers died? A MUCH better way to judge how much a country fought in a war would be to see how many of that country's soldiers FOUGHT in the war. If a high number of a nation's soldiers or civilians die in a war, that doesn't necessarily mean that the country fought valiantly or bravely, it means that either: A. The nation that lost a lot of people had a poorly equipped or trained army, or... B. The country that the country that lost all the troops was fighting had an excellent military. To rephrase:

Losing Lots Of People = Your Country Can't Fight Well
Having Lots Of People Fighting = Bravery/Commitment

Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 04:24
To the Brit

Sorry, it took me a while to write that last post and I didn't see your last message, the architect

"Another point. How come you win the revolution and its an American victory dispite the fact most of the population were british settlers or other europeans but when it comes to slavery it was british colonials?
Most of your ancesters were probably still living in Europe at the time as well so it wasnt your victory really. You are just stealing someone elses glory.
And I seem to remeber that a canadian army which was actually British burnt Washington!"

-The Revolution was an American victory because the colonists located in the AMERICAS decided to break away from the tyranny of the British Empire.
-The first slaves were brought here in the 1600's. The Revolution happenened 150 years later. Its the British colonials and the other Europeans (as I had stated) who brought over the slaves because they were the only ones bringing slaves over in the 1600's, since there wasn't an independent America to import slaves for itself.
-And I seem to remember that Washington fought on the British's side in the French-Indian War as an aide to one of your generals!

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2003 13:01
THERE WAS NOT HUNDREDS OF AMERICANS IN THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN - PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! THERE WAS ABOUT 5, MAYBE LESS.
THE BLITZ IS WHAT WE TERMED THAT THE LUFTWAFFE DID TO US. OUR ARMIES AT THE TIME MAY HAVE BEEN OUT OF DATE AND LACKING ANY EQUIPMENT (AFTER THE KICKING WE GOT OFF JERRY)
BUT IT IS THE COURAGE WE SHOWED IN FACE OF THE ODDS THAT WAS THE POINT.

I TOTALY AGREE WITH YOUR VIEWPOINT ON HITLERS DEMANDS IN EUROPE. IN FACT IF HE HADN'T BEEN GIVEN BACK THE LAND C'SLOVAKIA HE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD LOTS OF PANTHER III'S TO WIN THE BATTLE OF FRANCE WITH. WHICH INCIDENTALLY FRANCE AND BRITAIN HAD FAR MORE TANKS. ITS JUST THAT HE CHEATED THE SWINE!!!! AND WE SPREAD THEM OUT WHICH IS WEIRD BUT NOONE EVER SPREAD OUT THE CAVALRY IN PREVIOUS ROLES, AND THEY PERFORMED THE SAME ROLE.

OUR STANDING IN 1930 WAS BECAUSE OF THE 'FIRST WORLD WAR' WHICH WAS FOUGHT SO BADLY BY OUR GENERALS AND THE SLAUGHTER WAS AWFUL. THE HCE ATTITUDE MEANT THAT NO FRESH TACTICAL THINKING WAS APPLIED. OFFICERS WERE PREMOTED BY HOW MANY MEN WERE KILLED UNDER THEM. IT LEFT US DRAINED OF MANPOWER. THE GERMANS WHO CHOSE TO DEFEND WHAT THEY HAD TOOK FAIRED BETTER THAN BRITAIN AND FRANCE BECAUSE OF THE STRONGER POSITION. WE WERE ACTUALLY GEARING DOWN MILITARILY AND MOST OF THE BRITISH FORCES WERE NO BETTER THAN ARMED POLICEMEN. WE WERE SICK OF IT. ONLY A FEW INDIVIDUALS HAD THE FORESIGHT TO IGNORE THE TREND AND ENSURE SOME DESCENT TECHNOLOGY WAS AVAILABLE TO US. THAT WAS WE NO ONE WANTED TO FIGHT IN THE 30'S.

MY POINT ABOUT THE RUSSIANS WAS THAT IT WAS NOT US AS IN US!!! THAT WON THE WAR. IT WAS THE RUSSIANS BY SACRIFICE AND NUMBERS.EVEN WITHOUT US THEY PROBABLY WOULD A WON. THEY STILL HAD 13 MILLION COMBATANTS TO CALL EVEN AFTER LOSING 12 MILLION OF ITS PEOPLE.

I DONT JUDGE A COUNTRY BY HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE. I WAS GIVING
CREDIT TO THE ALL GIs THAT CAME OVER HERE TO FIGHT AND THE RISK THEY TOOK.

THE GERMAN U-BOAT CAMPAIGN HAD WHAT WAS CALLED THE ' HAPPY TIMES ' TRUE AND FOR A WHILE IT LOOKED RISKY BUT THROUGH TECHNOLOGY, TACTICS AND STRATEGY THIS WAS CHANGED EVEN BEFORE YOU CAME ON THE SCENE AND THEN AMERICA MADE EXACTLY THE SAME MISTAKEs AS WE HAD DONE.

THE GERMAN HIGH FLEETS-SURFACE SHIP ACTUALLY LOST THE SEA BATTLES. IT WAS THE UBOATS THAT POSED A THREAT BUT THANKSFULLY HITLER RELIED ON THESE WHEN IT WAS TO LATE.
THERE SURFACE SHIPS WERE NEW AND BETTER BUT THEY DID NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS AND THE GERMAN NAVY KNEW IT.

WE ARE SPPRESSING THE IRISH. IF WE GAVE N.IRELAND BACK TO
IRELAND THERE WOULD BE CIVIL WAR THERE. JUST LIKE YOUGOSLAVIA. THE TENSIONS BETWEEN THE CATHOLICS AND THE PROTESTANTS IS SO GREAT THAT THEY ARE PREPARED TO STAND ON THE STREETS SCREAMING LIKE DEMENTED IDIOTS AT KIDS, JUST BECAUSE THE OTHER RELIGION IS TAKING THEM TO SCHOOL THROUGH THE ESTATES. DO YOU NEVER SEE THIS ON YOUR NEWS. BELFAST IS A BRITISH CITY. THAT MEANS IF WE WITHDRAW THE OCCUPYING BRITISH FORCES THERE WOULD BE BLOODSHED! WOULD AMERICA LET NEW YORK GET ON WITH CIVIL WAR OR WOULD YOU SEND IN YOUR TROOPS TO RESTORE ORDER. FRANKLY MYSELF, ID RATHER GIVE NI BACK TO THE IRISH. THERES FEW THINGS THERE EXCEPT PEOPLE TO FEED. IT INS'T WORTH THE BOTHER.

I DONT DISLIKE THE AMERICAN VIEWPOINT. I BELIEVE MOST AMERICANS HONESTLY WANT TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
THAT THEY GIVE A LOT OF GENEROUS HANDOUTS TO POORER COUNTRIES. AT THE MOMENT, DESPITE THE WEOPONS INSPECTORS GOING IN AND CHECKING IRAQ YOUR BOSS IS STILL ON THIER CASE.
IF HE HAD BACKED OFF A JUST LET THEM DO THEIR JOB, I STIL WOULD HAVE AGREED WITH THE U.S. I DONT NOW, ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE. I HAVE KIDS MYSELF. I KNOW HOW AWFUL IT MUST FEEL.

AL QUIEDA IS A WORLD WIDE TERRORIST ORGANISATION AND IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED IS AGAINST EVERYONE WHO IS NOT ISLAMIC. THE IRA ETC HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY WHERE NEAR THIS SCALE. THE ONLY REASON THEY PARTICULARLY PICKED ON YOU IS CAUSE YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING IT. THEY ALSO PROBABLY KNEW IT WOULD GAIN PRESTIGE IN ISLAMIC COUNTRIES TO DO IT. IF YOU LOOK AT ALL THE GAMES THE TERRORIST FACTIONS ARE WORLDWIDE THREATS. WE NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE, AND NOW WE DO. THATS PROBABLY WHY PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO THINK A GAME WOULD BE GOOD.

AS FOR INSENSITIVY THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE ALIVE FROM WORLD WAR 2 WHO LOST FRIENDS THERE AND YET WE STILL MAKE GAMES BASED ON THE SLAUGHTER FOR OUR GENERATIONS ENTERTAINMENT.

BOC4J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 00:32
thank you: the architect, Raven Vegeta, xxxpetratxxx and all other people talking sense for talking sense, i would also go into a lecture but i am feeling rather tierd

all you people who are talking sh!t, especially ElectroJako45 - shut the f*ck up, you do not have a clue what you are talking about

Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 01:51
Maybe it isn't only the US whose 'society revolves around television and the internet which is full of bullshit propogander to make them feel good about themselves and telling them howto act as if they don't have a brain of thier own!' So maybe I do have a clue about what I'm talking about, from an American POV, you British think that I don't have a clue what I'm talking about from your POV. Every country's government and society puts its own spin on history, to make themselves look good, and both the US and UK, as well as other countries, are gulity of doing just that. If you think that your government or any other government doesn't use history to make itself look better, than you are just plain ignorant, and you're exactly what you perceive Americans to be.

So YOU shut the f*ck up. Thank you.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2003 07:13 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 05:00
[edit-]/

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Drunken Fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2003 22:09
Isn't it funny how this topic started (or close to the start) about how a hate-game (whatever you want to call it) is bad and now it's clearing turned into nothing but hate itself.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2003 09:06 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 05:00
[edit-]/.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Drunken Fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 00:25
It is ironic.

EJ apologise for comments or dishonor? Say what? You and most of the Brits have shit all over the US here. Don't you talk about dishonor. You've got the biggest mouth here.

You're government can't stand up to the US and say, "NO!", and that's somehow our fault and you are free from all guilt? It's up to you and your government to tell the US to fuck-off. The US government didn't place your solders there, yours did.

Yes, the US is very far from perfect, but don't act like your country is any differnt... any country.
empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 01:53
Now that I've read all 80 (!) posts of this thread there's only one sentence I'd like to second:

Quote: "
Yes, the US is very far from perfect, but don't act like your country is any differnt... any country.
"

Ogres have layers.
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 03:03
empty

You have a fair point and I totally agree. Every one can look to itself to decide what is brilliant about itself.

However you do not see a major film production which perverts the facts to suit it's own self esteem in quite the same way as a good, old hollywood production.

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 03:11
DrunkenFingers

In the word of American Ex-pats.

' When you've lived away from the US for several years you start to feel EMBARRASSED about the over enthusiam Americans have for themselves. '

A yank said that on our talk radio. Guess you need to be here to know why the average American gets up everyone elses nose.

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 03:23
Raven Vegeta does have a point. How would anyone feel about a flight sim where the player has to hit the juciest target and ram it!

The problem with terrorist is that it is so repugnant that immediatly the victims will refuse to listen to or accept any arguments that the culprits may have. Terrorism makes people angry not terrorized.

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 03:34
WOW hit the target and ram it. That would be quite a game.

By the way, ElectroJako45, land-lease in the long term cost us an absolute fortune. And for two years we had absolutly no allies in WW2.

There will be no more posts.

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 03:35
Except this one.

Drunken Fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2003 19:30
You know what it is. Just like a lot of other people I work at a job I hate, have bills to pay I can hardly pay, hate Bush, feel pain when somebody gets hurt or dies and not much time or opinion for world events. I think I'm a good guy and respect everybody (including Brits and people from other counties). I bet a lot of people in the world are like this. Some movie company makes a movie or game company makes a game about Americans in war. BTW, I'm pretty sure it's only a few rich guys at the top that decided this. Then all of a sudden all Americans are bad. Why wouldn't I get mad. Why do you think Bush doesn't nuke every counrty that steps outa line. Yeah, that's right, because the American people won't put up with it. I know what you're going to say, Americans only care about Americans getting killed. Well no shit. I'm sorry to say but I worry about my kids before I worry about the neighbor's kids too. That's not to say I wouldn't help them if I could but that's just the way it works. Yet again with another twist, yeah, there are assholes in the US but I'm sure there's assholes in every place on the planet. The only reason an American would be EMBARRASSED is because they think about others feeling too much. BTW, the average Amercian isn't the guy you see on the news or TV shows everyday. If they were average they wouldn't be on TV. This clearly has been a shit on ALL Americans (including the average American) so why wouldn't I be mad? I feel your pain but know your target before you make an attack.
Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:23
Raven,

First of all, if you're suggesting that the US Army didn't storm the beaches of Normandy, then you sir, are an ignorant, blind, stupid idiot who doesn't know JACK-SHIT about history.

Second, even if MI5 DID tip off CIA to the 9/11 terror attacks, their tip wasn't anything beyond "terrorists will hijack a plane". That doesn't say a lot.

Third, you make such a big deal about your soldiers dying* for the US, maybe you need to reconsider how well-trained they are if they KEEP DYING.

Fourth, look at how "so SELF-FUCKIN abosorbed" you are with your damn country.

Fifth, pay respect for the AMERICAN men and women who've died for YOUR country... or be quiet.

---

*Yeah, there's a Y in "dying", not an IE. When you use a word like that and try to sound so serious about it, spell it right.

Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:26
the architect (if you're still reading this):

One word: FRANCE. The country that fought the Germans (not very well, but they DID fight) through 1940, meaning that if you don't think the US helped you at all (which is crap), you still had an ally for a year.

ENGLAND DID NOT FIGHT WORLD WAR II BY ITSELF. EVER.

Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:28
Oh, and Raven, your original point was that the US sucked.

The point of all the non-US people still posting: The US sucks.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 00:58
Yo, DrunkenFingers, ElectroJako45, Lay off Raven!!! I'm an american and I believe, whole-heartedly, in EVERYTHING he said. If I see another red while and blue banner I'll puke. Look at this horrid country, how can you be proud of it? You guyes really need to listen to one man, a great fountain of wisdom. He'll make you rethink what it is to be an american. George Carlin, pure genious. Right now I'm learning a second language, so I can get the hell out of here. I'm tierd of living in a fake diomocrosy. Sorry to stomp on the great amirican dream, but it has died, now all we care about is this foolish 1984 idea that america has to rule the world, forget that, let's just try a rule own goverment first. Now to keep some what on topic, the game. Why not include a few Americans to shoot to, that'll be real fun

Oh by the way I ment to not capitaize 'america'.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.
Drunken Fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2003 19:16
I wish I hand enough will power to stop reading this thread. I should take a hint from TMC. Oh but you already know about that story, Raven.
the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 03:03
lectroJako45

I know England did not fight the war ALONE! I know it, I admit it. My point has always been that ALONE, Britain would not have won it, France would not have won it, America would not have won it and MAYBE the Russians would not have won it.

I also know what a S**T hole the Rangers at Omaha were thrown into. Neither will I slag off any American Combat Veteran, or say their help was not needed.

But most people who talk to the yanks will agree that you won the war yourself while everyone else incompetantly got slaughtered and did nothing to affect a victory.

I think most non-Americans would agree with that. You wouldn't because your embarressed about being the ' The defenders of democracy and freedom in the world ' but really you didn't want to defend it if you could avoid it.

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 03:22
DrunkenFingers

The first thing people do when their country gets slagged off is defend it. I've done it not because I hate Americans but because, despite Britains faults (and we have as many as any one else does ) I am very proud of the stand our country too in 1939. We had everything to lose by fighting and little chance of winning. Do Americans know just how much Hitler wanted to be allied to Britain, that the first Luftwaffe missions over Britain were to drop leaflets asking for reason. After he had beaten us in France.

ELECTRO JACK talks about the allies Britain had, but by mid 1940 we had none through to mid 1941. The russians were actually allied to GERMANY. We did not capitulate nor negotiate peace terms, despite the fact Hitler would have welcomed us.

Both the US and RUSSIA were releunctantly dragged into it but we were fighting on principle and desparate hope when we didn't need to! That is why, as a Brit I take pride in Britain.

Secondly, Britain will back up America if a war was declared legal by the UN. In war people die, we know cause we lost over 50,000 civillians and over 400,000 men in the last world war and in the first world war we lost 250,000 men. Both wars were supposed to be over in a few months and at little cost. We therefore prefer to know that we are in the right if we participate in any war. Even if the results turn out good for you a lot of Iraqi families will be devastated. How would any American feel if another country was going to murder your family because of what your government has done and you wanted no part?

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 03:30
I have to say that on September 11th the most shocking scenes for me was the animals (so called human beings!) dancing and laughing with joy at the death of so many people whose only crime was to go to work.

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 03:32
Osami Bin Laden is dead!

His name is now Akber Amahad and he owns a Kebab shop in ST. Johns Wood!!!!

the architect
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 03:41
DrunkenFingers

Remember also that Hollywood makes films to make money. They have always said that if they told the truth they wouldn't make money and the common American people give them that money.

Because you don't stick to the truth you RUIN a perfectly good film ie

BRAVEHEART (And please dont post arguments and get me started on this one. They ruined a perfectly good, true story and the scottish historians would probably agree with me.)
U-571 (I think....)
ROBIN HOOD!!!(How did he land at the white cliffs of Dover and then get to Nottingham by that night. This just wasnt possible even if British Rail had been around. And I'm sure Will something was never his brother, and in fact he didn't exist at all but that wasn't your fault)

There are more but I just want to keep it short for now.

JasonB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 05:39
i cant play it, gives me an error saying it cant load some media thing

Current Projects:
Lair Of The Beast: 25%
Space RTS: 3%
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2003 07:32
Damn straight Architect, you brought up a good point. One of the aguments I hear is that the world only see's america though our TV and Movies, and that's not how real amiricas are. Well last time I checked america make these for americas. Because we are an narsistic country we don't care how well our shows and movie do in other country. When was the last time you saw a movie ad that said a hollywood movie got 3 awards in Indai, huh ElectroJako45? The point is american movie and american tv is made for americans. Now, if all these tv show aren't like american and aren't liked by american what happens? Bam cancled! So what I'm saying here is that tv and movie show the world what the usa is like, if not we'ld not have those shows in the fist place.

This is Truth!
This is my Belief!
...at least for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 19:30:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 19:30:20