Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / z brush works, Q & A's, free models and tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Extreamly nice

Love to see some hair/fur since hes a wolf man right?

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 21:12
thanks guys, you're right there Laz, some fur would be nice, however im not really a fan of fibre based hair when it's used on a general scale, so for not it wont have fur, unfortunately, however for now i have been practicing my matte painting skills and my low poly modelling so that when it comes around to it i can used multilayered planes with the fur being generated from the texture, which i have never attempted before.

anyway here is the model in question, not much needs explained, and as always feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 01:44
haha! thats great! i love the texture!

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2010 12:38
@ creature : Looks Pretty good But can U cover up the Buttocks ? xD

@ Futuristic Street signs : Pretty Cool I love the texture

My Goals:

-Becoming A Pro 3D Modeler For Games Or Movies And Video Editting
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2010 16:24
thanks guys, the model itself is very simple, gald the texture worked out, that's what i really focused on, anyway thought i'd upload a quick pic of another base i've been working on, it's another head base, with this one however i have included eyes and teeth, it'll mean that i'll be able to sculpt complete heads, let me know what you think

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 16:09
Lowpoly ear just don't fit on that model...

Best texture of the Month.
Yay.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 16:16
vortech@
i know, i wanted to correct it but for some reason blender now refuses to import the .obj so it'll take a while for me to figure out what's going on

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 12:34
here's an update added some detail to the ear, i think it's about ready for UV mapping, let me know what you think

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 16:23
looks better.

[sarcasm]
i see you took the easy way out and went lobeless
[/sarcasm]

Looking good.

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 13:14
Very nice looking. One crappy question more. How I can increase amount of polys in certain area. Is there brush for that or somehting else. And of course increasing polys for entire model.

Yay.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 13:31
vortech@
for subdividing within zbrush, i'm assuming that is your question, inside the geometry drop down you'll find several options for subdivision, cmt, suv and crisp, all of which perform different forms of subdivision. Now for subdividing specific areas there is no brush, you can however seperate your model into several subtools with the use of polygroups, i personally wouldn't recommend it unless you plan to generate normal maps from each indivual polygroup and then combine them into one normal map for a low poly model. zbrush is not really intended for polygon management, you should just subdivide the whole model, or just use the previouslymentioned method, and then bake the details onto a low poly mesh duplicate, or simply generate a normal map and use one of you lower subdivisions for use in other programs. zbrush is a very efficient program, which can handle hundreds of thousands if not millions of polygons on almost any level machine. hope that helped.

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 13:43
It helped. Currently my biggest model is about 100,000,000 polys. Actually just lowpoly model with few smooths

Yay.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 18:27
100,000,000 is quite a lot...
anyway here is a quick 2 or so hour test of the previously posted base, let me knwow what you think

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 18:43
make him a zombie. NAO!!!

Good job, the ears have a alot more detail then the rest of the head though.

The mouth looks unnaturally stiff. Maybe some bigger lips and slightly wider mouth as it doesnt look like it quite reaches the vertical line down the middle of the eyes.

Only other things are, where the nose meets the brow something funky is happening, and the nose doesnt look complete, it should be sculpted more inwards especially near the eyes.

Other then that its great

Only reason im being so picky is because i know you can fix it.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2010 22:23
looking good mate but you have a few bits that i think need looking at

nose is to wide at the top

to many teeth showing

adams apple is not wide enough

cheers henry

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2010 20:31
well sort of bad news everyone, caught a trojan yesterday, reset my computer to factory settings just now, however the good news is i backed up all of my stuff, so i still have everything, just might be a day or two before another update, in the midst of copying over 106GBs of itunes stuff so i'm finding it kind of tedious

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Fun as always ehh?

Well cant wait to see what you think up while your being bored

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2010 19:20
thanks laz

anyway im pretty much back to normal and running a bit better ironically, so here's an update, gone down the skull face paint route, let me know what you think, its still wip

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2010 16:01
well i have changed several of the details, will upload a zbrush update later but for now here is a real quick blender test of a normal map, the UV map needs changed, there are several glaring issues, mainly around the ears and lips

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 16:07
ahh triple posts my old friend, anyway here is another update, trying to use this model as a test subject for the material settings within blender, still getting used to them but they seem to make sense, my only issue is, im not sure if it's just me, but does it look to you lot like the normal maps values are inverted? it does to me and i'm not sure how i can go about changing that, if anyone knows then let me know.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Not clued in on it sorry

Also was waiting till you updated before critting since you had pointed out the main issues already

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 18:33
Quote: "100,000,000 is quite a lot..."

Just tested how much my computer can handle. I increased and now my biggest is about 350,000,000 polys. But then it started lag a bit.

Yay.
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 18:34
nice graphics card vortech lol.

I havent tested how much i can handle on account of fear it might blow up.

vortech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 18:43
I have Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS.

Yay.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2010 18:55
that is quiet unrelated vortech, what i wanna know is your RAM and processor =P

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 17:36 Edited at: 6th Dec 2010 17:49
Quote: "that is quiet unrelated vortech"

not really.
While ram and processing speed will determine how fast or slow the program will run (outside of the 3d space), it does not render anything.

[edit]
I can run 6 million polys smoothly in Mudbox, and run 25 million with noticable lag.

Even though i have 4GB of Ram, and a Quadcore Phenom II at 3.4 Ghz,
The reason i cant go higher, is obviously, because of my dated graphics card.

Its an HD 4650 Which would have been Mid-class 2 years ago.

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 18:18
back on topic please, im more interested in my problem than your hardware...

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 19:22
Sorry.

I have no clue, ive only messed around with zbrush demo.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 19:38
not sure how to invert it, but i can confirm it is inverted for sure =P

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2010 23:26
well i solved the problem, had to flip the greens, thankfully zbrush has that option as a feature, let me know what you think

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
very nice ! whats the final poly count on the lowpoly vesion>?

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2010 16:56
lazerus@
2940 quads, i wouldn't say that it's low poly

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2010 17:05
not very highpoly either^^ but it would need a lot of reducing for a game xD but still

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2010 19:39
@quik
agreed, but im not really at the stage for generating game assets like this

anyway, it's been a long time (in my respects) since my last update, thought i'd share with you the final result regarding the last head sculpt, i personally like how it came out, pleased with the lighting myself, but i'd like to hear what you all think, let me know, thanks

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2010 17:13
Dr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 04:50
Dude these are some very cool models.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 19:16
dr tank@ thanks

update -

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2010 19:29 Edited at: 19th Dec 2010 19:30
he looks like a punk with cancer or leprosy.

Could prove a useful model in a nuclear game.

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2010 19:04
Master Man Of Justice @ thanks that was the look i was going for

here's another update, im pleased with how it has turned out, all that's needed now is a collar(off of a jacket, not a dog's ) of some sort and i'll be able to drop him into a scene, any comments or crits are welcome

[large image, you have been warned]

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 15:24
here's a real quick anatomical study of the muscular structure of the head, let me know what you think

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
material is nice and works really well with the theme. Good work on it! Strangly enough im working on face topology now and ive just taken a break for a mo' to check a few things ;D

Ears are a pain in the ass >__<""

Master Man Of Justice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2010 17:03
Great work Mazz!

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2011 15:37 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2011 15:40
started this yesterday and just finished it off, first sculpt of 2011
im gonna be using the final image as a part of a uni application so i wont uplaod it until that's done with to avoid potential issues, all the high poly sculpting is completely non-symmetrical in an effort to make it look a little bit more natural, let me know what you think

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks scary in a kick arse way!

Well done on it, my only crit would be the lack of shoulder flow from the chest to the forearm plates. Maybe some sort of small scales with a gradual decrease in size from the forearm up?

Looks amazing anyway, saved for ref folder

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 00:59
That Screwed up punk dude Looks Epic !!! Any progress on the hair?
as for the bug man looks pretty nice , except the shoulders they look a bit wierd xD

anyways nice job

My Goals:

-Showing people close to me what it means to fulfill a dream
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 05:30
Hey Mazz, just started using zBrush. You saw in my other thread the dragon I'd started working on, how would I add eyes? I tried adding a sphere separately but it makes the dragon disappear Is this supposed to happen? And if so, where do I continue after placing the eye?

One more thing, I want to work on the body, should I sculpt directly on the 'blank' neck I have or make zspheres and bind them to the head later on? Thanks

Redoing my entire website... again. EDIT: Finished it! Whew.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 12:32 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2011 12:37
PW Productions@
it's funny, i recently had to explain the same issue someone was having regarding the eyes, it sounds to me like you are importing a set or a single sphere which you have already made, this is fine and what i'd recommend as zbrush's spheres are far too high poly for external use, and you can always subdivide your low poly eye. when you import an object in zbrush the imported object replaces your active object/ subtool. to stop this from happening its as simple as selecting an unused object from the tool palette and then you simply append the imported object to the model that you want it used on, this is done from the subtool palette where you'll see an append feature.
constructing a body from the head is another matter entirely, its not quite as simple as sculpting from the neck as you quite quickly run out of polies. what you need to do is recreate the general shape of the head (EDIT: forgot to mention that to ensure that the alignment is correct and the scale you should append a zsphere into the heads subtool palette and create the base from there so that you can much up certain features), from a base or using zspheres, and the shape that you want of the body encorporated into the zsphere structure, once this is done you'll have a 'base' for further sculpting, your next step would be transfering the details on the head onto the new mesh, to do this you'll need to append the head or the base as i've said before to either the head or the bases set of subtools, once this happens the drangon's head should be alligned correctly with the base, from here you need to check how many subdivisions the head has and then subdivide the base to match these subdivisions, 5 for 5 or 6 for 6 etc, then bring both your models to their lowest subdivision, and use the project all feature with the PA blur at 0. repeat this process for each subdivision until you reach your final subdivision, you may need to play around with the mean and dist features to get what you want. (for the details of the head to be projected onto the body you need to have the body selected when you use the projectALL feature)
this should cover everything, if you have any further issues with this let me know, and if you dont understand what i've said i recommend going onto the zclassroom on pixologics website as they have many video tutorials some of which cover what i have just covered. hope it helps

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2011 23:51 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2011 23:52
Thanks for the nicely detailed response

What I'm trying to do for the eyes is just straight up click this button:

Which results with this:

And when I import a sphere it does the same thing. I don't understand exactly what you mean by "selecting an unused object from the tool palette and then you simply append the imported object to the model that you want it used on, this is done from the subtool palette where you'll see an append feature."

I'm a complete newbie, sorry... What is the subtool palette?

EDIT (sort of): Wait I think I got it. My setup looks like this now:

How do I duplicate and move the two new spheres (along with resizing them)? Thanks Mazz.

Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2011 17:07
for scaling and moving you need to use the transpose features which are the move, scale and rotate buttons (not the ones docked on the right of your layout, they control navigation) when using these tools make sure you are at the models lowest subdivision, to create two eyes from one use the append feature to select the eye from within the same model, this only works if it is the subtool you have selected, i recommend you go through all the getting started videos for zbrush off of the zclassroom:
http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2011 23:40
I already did go through ALL the videos in zClassroom (I did learn a lot but I thought it was hard to follow at times), but honestly I prefer a one-on-one type of discussion.

Thanks for all your help, it is working out fantastic mate!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 03:55:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 03:55:52