Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Time Front returns! (LOTS of images)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 23:54
I found the server, and it loaded, but as soon as it finished loading, the game crashed with an error:

Runtime error 7008 - Object does not exist at line 12274
Object Number Not Found: 2

Do I have an older version, or something? Because clearly you guys aren't experiencing the same issue...

iPhone, iPod, Blackberry and iPad Accessories for the UK
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 23:58 Edited at: 20th Nov 2010 23:59
Quote: "Just press refresh and you can see Uncle Sams server.
Uncle Sam, I finished making the grenade. But, I forgot I was supposed to make the sci-fi one and I made a modern one, only to activate it, you use a button.
BUG13?: You can see through map in mountain pass. Pic included.
Im on the server, anyone up for a game?"

Thanks. That's ok.

Quote: "Do I have an older version, or something? Because clearly you guys aren't experiencing the same issue..."

I'm going to look into that right now. I'm not sure what's going on.

EDIT: Sorry, I accidentally made the server crash right now. Restarting it.
Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 00:28 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 00:53
I think I might have fixed it. Sorry for putting it off. There are so many bugs and posts to go through that I lose track easily.

I also made the server a small window, as requested. The file is located at the same address as the other updates I sent out. Please replace your old Time front exe in the folder where you installed it.

EDIT: By the way, here's a picture of what the case will look like. It's still black and white right now, but we'll probably be printing in color:

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm getting the same error, connecting to your server.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 00:57 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 01:02
Hmm. Did you try the update?

EDIT: Actually, Satchmo has discovered that bloom causes the "object number 2 does not exist" error. I had left it off because I knew it wasn't applying at this time. Thanks for point that out, Satchmo!
baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 02:02
Bug:

When you launch the game from the installer, it comes up with an error. Something about requiring elevation?

baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 02:19
What are the controls?

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 03:15 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 03:18
First player to have a callsign instead of a real name!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA.
Anyone wanna play a game?

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll play em.

Btw. Uncle sam, Sculptris is amazing.

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 03:27 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 03:29
IKR? Like a free ZBrush. Cuz it is a free Zbrush.
You playing?

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll go on now.

baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 04:09
How do you set a call-sign Em?

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 04:35 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 04:44
Sorry for not rejoining guys. My comp has been messed up(stupid retarded Internet Explorer messes everything up). Anyone playing another game?

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 08:21 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 08:38
Quote: "What are the controls?"

I believe they are in the readme file, but the basic ones:

w a s d to move
space to jump
~ for score (next to "1")
tab to use mouse to click on interface
1 and 2 to change weapon

Quote: "How do you set a call-sign Em?"

Just post or email me the name you want. I do this to keep track of accounts, so that when I start selling I can easily monitor hacking and stuff like that.

Quote: "Btw. Uncle sam, Sculptris is amazing."

ABSOLUTELY

Quote: "Sorry for not rejoining guys. My comp has been messed up(stupid retarded Internet Explorer messes everything up). Anyone playing another game?"

That's ok. Not atm.

To Beta Testers: I have created a bug report section and put the bugs you have found in my forum. It's a whole lot easier to keep track of everything. If it's not too much trouble, if you could post them there for now on that's be great.
DarkByNight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 08:30
Hello, I haven't posted on these forums since the beginning days of darkbasic classic. (yes I know, I'm old. )
I just wanted to comment on this game. I think it looks absolutely brilliant, and the mix of different ages is very unique for an fps / rts (Not that there are any other's like that around as far as I know, so that in itself is unique)
Also, with a little more work I would buy the game based on the cover alone, kind of reminds me of knights of the nine.
Anyway, keep of the amazing work, with some advertisement I expect this to be a big seller once it's finished from the posts talking about the gameplay of the beta.
thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 13:56
Quote: "
Just post or email me the name you want. I do this to keep track of accounts, so that when I start selling I can easily monitor hacking and stuff like that.
"

Could you change mine to thenerd, for clarity...

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
I call it teh explodifier. Press teh button to explodifiy it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 19:21 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 19:22
Hey Uncle Sam, I remade the hammer you were using in game, would you be interested in using it(It's about 500 tris)? Just tell me and I'll texture it.

Attachments

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 20:02 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 20:17
Its my Explode-y(Patent pending )!!! It'll explodifiy you. Its more or less a scifi grenade. It says my name at the bottom of the button though(don't worry, you can't see it).

EDIT: Aww shot I shouldnt have used green as the background -.-. The tube containing the explodifiers are green.....
EDIT2: OK its blue now.

Attachments

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 21:37 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 21:38
Quote: "Hello, I haven't posted on these forums since the beginning days of darkbasic classic. (yes I know, I'm old. )
I just wanted to comment on this game. I think it looks absolutely brilliant, and the mix of different ages is very unique for an fps / rts (Not that there are any other's like that around as far as I know, so that in itself is unique)
Also, with a little more work I would buy the game based on the cover alone, kind of reminds me of knights of the nine.
Anyway, keep of the amazing work, with some advertisement I expect this to be a big seller once it's finished from the posts talking about the gameplay of the beta."

Thank you! That's a great encouragement to me.

Quote: "Could you change mine to thenerd, for clarity..."

Sure thing. I just need to know your first name and last initial, because I'm not sure which one to change. What is your call sign in the game right now?

Quote: "Hey Uncle Sam, I remade the hammer you were using in game, would you be interested in using it(It's about 500 tris)? Just tell me and I'll texture it."

Hey, thanks for taking the time to make that. I feel bad to say, though, that I can't use it because the one I have works pretty well, but even more because changing it would mean re-boning and possibly re-animating it. Sorry man, hope you didn't spend too much time on it.

What I could use is a sandbag model. I want the captains to be able to fortify areas, and I think sandbags would be awesome. Of course, I can't have them place them one by one as this would kill the FPS, so perhaps you could make a wall segment, made out of a stack of sand bags, and then the captains could place these segments?

@Eminent: It's not a bad model man. I think it just would need more detail or texture or something, because it kind of looks more like primitives than a coherent model. See what I mean? Don't take offense, it's still a good model.

To all: By the way, I will be afk for a few hours, but I'll leave my server running in case anyone wants to play.
Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 21:57 Edited at: 21st Nov 2010 22:17
Pft. That's cuz it is more primitives than anything else.... I was to lazy to do more stuff.LOL "re-boning".
When do you guys want to play another game?

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2010 22:49
Any servers up?? If so whats the IP? I just got my new Graphics Card.

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Lets play a game Gorlock.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hey, thanks for taking the time to make that. I feel bad to say, though, that I can't use it because the one I have works pretty well, but even more because changing it would mean re-boning and possibly re-animating it. Sorry man, hope you didn't spend too much time on it."

Yeah don't worry about it I did it more for the practice an anything else. As for the sandbag wall, I'll get right on it but I need to know the general shape of the wall.

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 00:33
Quote: "
Sure thing. I just need to know your first name and last initial, because I'm not sure which one to change. What is your call sign in the game right now?
"

Chris D.

Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 01:30 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2010 01:32
OK I am going on...

Server is down... guess not.

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 02:00 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2010 02:33
You still playing?
NEWBUG:When playing, Adam B couldnt see me. I completely obliterated him with my skills(and invisibility) He couldn't hit me either.
The Fps dramatically changes the way you play. I used to be able to be owned by anyone, now I completely obliterated Adam B.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 03:43
Quote: "Yeah don't worry about it I did it more for the practice an anything else. As for the sandbag wall, I'll get right on it but I need to know the general shape of the wall."

Probably just a straight piece, like five bags long, maybe six. And then stack them so they overlap. Thanks man.

Quote: "Chris D."

I will change it the next time I log on to the server.

Quote: "NEWBUG:When playing, Adam B couldnt see me. I completely obliterated him with my skills(and invisibility) He couldn't hit me either."

Now that is weird. I don't think I've had any bugs like that for a long time. Are you sure he couldn't see you?
Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
I was right infront of him and kept missing him with the scifi rifle. He randomly looked around and couldnt see me. He tole me to stand at the flag(I placed one) I could SEE him shooting me but no damage... You can ask him(He's Satchmo I think)

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright and do you want it to be so low enough that you can shoot over it or so high that you can hide behind it without being shot?

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 07:02 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2010 07:03
I'd say so that you can shoot over it while standing. I want to add crouching later on, so that way you can hide behind it when you want to. So think chest-high.
Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 01:52 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 01:55
If we want to make a gun for you what's the limit? I want to make a gun for practice and don't want it to go to waste. Dont worry it wont all just be primitives.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 01:55
Hey Uncle Sam, it's looking great!

Is there any media I could make for you?

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol everyone wants to make him stuff.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 03:25 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 03:26
Alright here it is

So how do you want it? (milkshape file, .x, etc.)

Attachments

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 10:21
Quote: "If we want to make a gun for you what's the limit? I want to make a gun for practice and don't want it to go to waste. Dont worry it wont all just be primitives."

I actually haven't really thought about any more guns lately. I'm sure I'll add them later, but now I'm doing everything I can to finish the essentials of the game so I can release it.

Quote: "Hey Uncle Sam, it's looking great!

Is there any media I could make for you?"

Wow, so many people offering to help. I'm sure there are other things that I just can't think of...I really can' think of anything at the moment...if you have any suggestions feel free to post them. I might just have you do them.

@Satchmo: Looks very good! Poly count is nice and it's very compact. Probably only suggestion would be to perhaps extrude out the lower levels of the wall to make each bag look rounder? I know you were trying to save polys. If this is not possible don't worry about it. .x would be the best.

Thanks! Really appreciate it.
Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
More guns FTW. Maybe have a Counter-Strike kind of thing? When you respawn at a place(Barracks,Lighting Pad, etc..), you can buy the gun, sword, whatever. You are given money on your kills, and your teammates kills(Not as much money as killing yourself though). You should also have modern guns(AK47,M4A1 or M16, Deagle) because these guns are what most FPS gamers are used to.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 23:55 Edited at: 24th Nov 2010 00:38
Alright I've made the changes, and surprisingly it came out to be less polygons than before, by eliminating the curves at the top(looks better this way anyways).

I'll send the .x and the texture over. Edit: Mailed

Attachments

baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 00:43
Hi Uncle Sam, just to add to the media help discussion - have you thought any more about what kind of voice overs you want doing?

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 02:38 Edited at: 24th Nov 2010 02:39
Heres the gun with a 20 second texture(literally).

Attachments

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 08:31 Edited at: 24th Nov 2010 09:48
Thanks again Satchmo.

Quote: "Hi Uncle Sam, just to add to the media help discussion - have you thought any more about what kind of voice overs you want doing?"

Hey. I thought I sent you a list of commands?

Quote: "Heres the gun with a 20 second texture(literally)."

That's pretty good man. A little low poly but can definitely be worked with (probably just add some detail polys to the main body around the trigger area). Good work.

I actually thought of a model if anyone wants to give it a go. I know you wanted to help with something General Jackson, so I was thinking we could use a horn model. It would be a medieval type of battle horn that you blow before the charge. This is actually a hidden feature of Time Front right now. The commander can blow a horn by pressing a certain key, and the players around him can hear it, but there is no 3D model for it. That would be a great addition.

Thanks again guys.

EDIT: Started adding the sandbags. Will also be adding a new map soon.
Crazy Acorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 16:55
Anyone want to get on?

baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 17:19
@Uncle Sam

No, I didn't get the email...

Eminent
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. Now I have to UVMap the damn thing. I might as well re-do another one with the attach-er thingy. I put too many polies into the middle of this one(which is useless). You ever thought of putting armor in the game? When you get hit your health decreases and your armor durability does too but you lose less health.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
General do you want to do the horn, or can I?

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 02:07
I'll do it

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 07:13 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 08:23
Quote: "You ever thought of putting armor in the game? When you get hit your health decreases and your armor durability does too but you lose less health."

I have some armor made by Josh Mooney. I'll be adding it soon.

Quote: "No, I didn't get the email..."

Emailed.

Quote: "I'll do it"

Thanks. Can't wait to see it.

I'll try to think of anything else I might need.

EDIT: Still working on the scale, but here it is:

Lemonade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 08:28 Edited at: 25th Nov 2010 08:30
Preview of a new map! The Oasis.

(Yes, I realize that the terrain is not bright enough to match the sun. I'm working on it.)

thenerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 16:13
Wow... I love that map!
Once this community compo is over I will be able to play and host more.

baconboy2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2010 16:44
Loving the map!

Got the email this time Uncle Sam, thanks. All seem pretty straight forward to me, so won't be any problems doing those.

I'll get to work on those once I can borrow my friends recording kit, and I finish some assignments for university.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-22 19:29:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-22 19:29:48