Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2011 01:19 Edited at: 9th Feb 2011 02:16
Solo Design, i have found that entities go through walls if they are single skin/layer i always double mine up now and all is ok, meaning some rooms have a inner layer wall only and so i add an outer layer,

ok my bug report, if you have more than 2 characters on your team the 3rd one always seem to get left behind, but i can live with that as i realy dont need to many Gun Hoes behind me..
and so things are inproving for me.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 01:28 Edited at: 10th Feb 2011 01:36
NEVERMIND

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
ninja king 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2011 22:35
Hey Errant can you tell me how to make the characters type please.

PS are the SCARs still coming.

Im bored
Dr_Z
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 11:28 Edited at: 16th Feb 2011 11:31
First of all, this pack is simply amazing.

I've just started using it for prototyping & gameplay testing with other engine, so I've tossed the X files into UU3D Pro to save them as DAE.
Checking the animations in UU3D I've seen several models in which there are vertices without assigned weights. Here you have a couple of shots of this issue:

Model 08A.X

Model 09A.X

I haven't checked all the animated X files yet, but models 14A and 14B, for instance, are fully weighted.

I hope I haven't missed someone else's post talking about this, for I've searched for it and haven't found it.

If this issue is fixed, will it appear as an update in the "My Products" page? Will it be posted in this thread?

Thanks again for such a great pack, and please keep up the good work.

Edit: I almost forgot... The UVs show islands apart (kind of "offseted") which some times don't seem to fit empty spaces in the 0-1 UV range.
Yet, there's only one subset for each mesh.
Was this... an intended feature?

"Never give up! Never surreeendeeer!"
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 18:51
Hi Errant!

Great pack, I just got it today and I am very pleased with it.
However I tried the solution for the characters not going through doors and it did not work.

Here is the original code for the MP 3 Metal Rib Door (Rusty)

And here is the modified one:

And the modified one is fine however when the door is opened a small sphere with the door's texture is shown. The only way past is to crouch and go through. But the characters won't.

Any help?
-Thanks

- Dark

If you can see the enemy, they can see you.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Intel Core i5 2.27ghz, nVIDIA GTX 260M 1GB, 4GB DDR3 RAM, DirectX 11
Darkline - Coming 2011
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Dr_Z
I've replied via email. To others with the same issue I'd recommended loading the .DBO in UU3D if possible in lieu of .x.

@Dark Frager
You're renaming the wrong part. It's the CSG punch that must follow the naming convention. The name of the frame doesn't matter.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 21:37
Quote: "You're renaming the wrong part. It's the CSG punch that must follow the naming convention. The name of the frame doesn't matter."

Yeah, I just realized. However when I rename the CSG Punch name in the .fps file and the CSG Punch mesh name and run the cleaner, only the frame of the door appears.

Sig image by 3bit.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure the section that refrences the door entity wasn't accidentally altered in the process. If you can snippet post the original and broken .fps I might be able to help. (I don't own MP3 pack, just a few of the assets from GCS)
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 22:06 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 22:12
Here you go Errant:

That was the broken one. Here is the original:;

Edit: The second line in the first .fps is not actually spaced out like that. This happened because I messed the snippet up.

Edit 2: This is the full .fps file:

Edit 3:

The code above is the original .fps file. The altered CSG punch lines are in the first snippet in this post.

Sig image by 3bit.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline

The above should work assuming the punch has been renamed to Door_Steele_rib_punch.x

Be sure all your letter cases match as it's case sensitive.

Maybe someone else reading this has MP3 and can verify the issue...

Wish I could be more helpful here :/
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 22:58 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 23:10
Thanks Errant. I'm gonna test the script out and see if it works.

Edit: Errant, you are the best! The script works perfectly. Thanks! But can you tell me what you did to make that script work so I can do it myself in the future?

Thanks again!

Sig image by 3bit.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
All I did was change...

D_Steele_rib_punch.x

to

Door_Steele_rib_punch.x

Glad it worked for you
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 23:52
Lol, that's exactly what I did. I guess I don't have the magic powers that you have.

Sig image by 3bit.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Yours had a lower-case "D". That might have been the problem... But yes... I also have magic powers
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
i love these characters, i just wish that they could of worked in X10.
As X10 is the main creator im using now, and also the latest version, just out of curiosity! why don't they work in X 10?
and can they be modified to work.

beddmows
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,
this is my first post so don't kill me :L
ive recently got this pack and think it is really good but there are some things i have noticed that are a bit strange, i am uploading the videos on youtube and this is the first of many, just a few experiments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1bR2uaaBfQ

-Apache
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 16:03
Quote: "As X10 is the main creator im using now, and also the latest version, just out of curiosity! why don't they work in X 10?"

I think it's because of the shaders.

Sig image by 3bit.
m4marksman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 07:26 Edited at: 26th Feb 2011 08:00
My controls don't work, when I press "F" for mode it doesnt do anything on the pistol and im guessing its suposed to attach the silencer. And when I press Alt-L it doesnt do anything either. If you know whats going on I'd appreciate it.
Thanks a lot
Also whenever I place people they appear and make like a yelling noise constantly and dont move or react or hold up their gun or anything they stand there and twitch a little bit

John Rink
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@m4marksman
MP53 Requires FPSC v1.18. Sounds like you're using v1.17 or earlier.

@beddmows
If you are using an old melee weapon like that katana you will need to open its gunspec.txt and change the weapontype setting to weapontype=0

@spudnick
X10 doesn't support the scripting fpi or gun settings. The default shaders are also probably an issue. With tinkering you can likely get things usable but X10 compatibility is not supported by TGC or myself.
m4marksman
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok thank you I'll download that now im using 1.17

John Rink
beddmows
Years of Service
User Offline
@Errant AI Ok, thanks but why was that?
Also, I have version 1.18.009 and I still can't get the [pgup][pgdown] keys to change the animations when the entity's main is set to 'animview'.

@m4marksman If you press the number allocated to the pistol weapon slot while holding the pistol, it attaches the silencer. For example, if your pistol was the only weapon, it would be weapon slot '1' and by pressing '1' again, it attaches the silencer. This works with all weapon modes and attachments.

-Apache
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@beddmows

Make sure you have the normal (non-TF341) APPEAR1 or APPEAR2 script assigned to the appear/start AI.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 22:28
Hey Errant,

I suppose this is not a feature, right?

Not that it's annoying or anything (Actually the results are hilarious sometimes) but is there an way of fixing this, or is it just the limb detection system acting up?

Sig image by 3bit.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2011 23:31
That sometimes happen to all characters when they are using ragdoll

Srry about my english im from sweeden
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@Dark Frager That's just problems with the ragdoll system. If the FPS is low or the character ragdolls off-screen (killed by another AI) the issue is more common. Quite the contrary; I personally find it very annoying.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i have Aa jittering problem like this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBhT85yyawg&feature=autoplay&list=PL85E6E826E501CD0D&index=2&playnext=18

with v.1.18beta9 and project blue.

if i use it without project blue it works fine

there is a solution to that???

thanks

soryy for my bad english,i'm italian
Shakleford
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2011 01:34
This is because project blue does not have the required Dark AI commands I believe. Thats why it works fine without PB.

My name is Shakleford, Rusty Shakleford, I refuse to speak without my attorny present. I am Mr. Shaklefords attorny Rusty Shakleford, my client pleads insanity.
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant, first off, hats off this is probably one of the best investments I ever made.

Ok now to my problem (which I must stress I tried my utmost to figure out myself - as always) but to no avail.

I created a custom segment (basic room) with a plain texture and no fx and the Enemy entities seem to walk, run etc. fine.

I placed Model Pack 3 floors down (floor road) and they don't move from the spot, I also placed them on the landscaping kit initially on Flat segments (hoping there would be no collision in test with the bumps/hills) but I couldn't even get them to move on the flat segment... Any idea's? I am using Beta 9 with no mod. No modified FPI files either.

Just uploading video to YouTube for you now. As I say, they work perfect on the custom flat segment I made, strange why they wouldn't on these or many others...
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Video (Excuse The Quality) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JgMEmVS4lA
LordSoft studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Eai where is the scripts siting,GROUND SLUMP GET UP and this??
only here TF341_anim_viewer.fpi i can whatching ? pls help

User Offline
the knife inculded acts like a gun,
and also how do i make a character sit down and type?
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2011 17:42 Edited at: 17th Apr 2011 17:50
@i see dead people, the knife fix can be found in this thread; the first post by EAI.

@EAI, just purchased this pack a few days ago, and wanted to say it's worth every penny and them some. An absolute steal with all of the characters and extra animations you've put into it. I've been playing around a bit with the characters and for the last few nights and have a question about their shield animations.

I just purchased your 2 shields from the GC store last night, but when I give them to the task force characters, the shield appears to be offset (the character arms run through the shield). Either I'm screwing something up, the GC store shields weren't meant for these guys, or there's an easy fix/readjustment I can make in my animation program. Any chance you might be able to point me in the right direction if I'll need to do some rerigging? It almost looks like I just need to push the shield up a bit off it's origin, but I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking a simpler fix first.

Kravenwolf

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

As some of you may know, last month I burned out the GPU on the notebook I've been using for deving the last couple years. Thankfully no data was lost but it's meant a work stoppage for me. Just yesterday I completed a new desktop build (Core i7 2600K, GTX570 DCii, 8GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64-bit) but am still doing stability testing and whatnot. Hopefully I should be back up and running end of the week.

@Sting
As long as it's a 1x1 segment it should work but it looks like the character is placed in the air a bit much. It could be that DAI thinks the segment is on a lower layer or something (DAI doesn't drop to the ground in the same way). Let me know if this persists in later betas. If other non-mp 53 DAI chars have the same issue it should be reported as a 1.18 bug.

@LordSoft studios
The anim viewer script is to help you identify the anim numbers to be called via script to use these animations. There are no provided scripts for this because there are so many ways the anims could be used. To get the most out of the new anims it is necessary to be familiar with creating your own .fpi scripts.

@i see dead people
Yes, please get the update fix Kravenworlf linked to for the knife fix and a few other small fixes. There will be an official update after 1.18 is out of beta. Towards the beginning of the thread there are some "pose" scripts attached which have basic loops for some of the new animations. However, as I mentioned to LordSoft studios, for best result you will need to know how to do .fpi scripting. For sitting characters, I recommend having them spawn seated in a custom appear script and go about their sitting/typing business until triggered.

When I'm back up and running I'll be able to help you guys out a bit with these scripts. However, I need to know the context you guys are wanting to see some of these new animations because there are many possibilities and chances are if I just make one on my own it wouldn't be what people need.

@Kravenwolf
The GCS shields have not had their VWEAPS updated for compatibility with the MP53 anims. This is one of my tasks for after 1.18 is final. In the meantime... firstly make sure the shield's weapontype is =0 (melee) in gunspec. Then, you'll want to go into your model editing app and mirror and/or rotate the shield as desired and re-export. The origin (0,0,0) of the shield VWEAP should be centered on the hand-hold cylinder and up a bit. The rotation orientation should be so that it runs along the outside of the right forearm. From your screens it looks like it only needs to be mirrored and nudged. Sorry I can't provide guide pics at this time.

@everyone
Thanks for the continued support and apologies for the downtime.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2011 00:43
Hi,

The Ally characters do not seem to follow me. They do when the map is empty, but when there is enemies around they will kill the enemies and ignore me.

Is this a DAI bug, or can this be fixed?

Thanks.

All alone in my room, haven't been outside since 1992.

Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
The allies follow me but 2 of them follow close, 2 of them follow far, and 2 of them follow from really far away.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2011 12:53
Quote: " but when there is enemies around they will kill the enemies and ignore me."

They're supposed to kill the enemies

A man will one day wear a tophat in glasgow on a sunny day juggeling grapes while humming the jurrasic park theme tune.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2011 17:16
Quote: "They're supposed to kill the enemies"

But not ignore their master.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "But not ignore their master."

The AI is not designed for the player to be their master. Otherwise, the player would be able to issue orders and such. The AI can be scripted in such a manner but it can be rather burdensome on the FPI system.

As shipped, the team1 AI is designed to assist the player only to a limited degree. In other words; they function as peers as opposed to subordinates. They won't go on suicide runs or take rounds in the back just to keep up with the player and if the player abandons them they will remain in that area unless the player collects them again.

I haven't yet gotten everything reinstalled on my new rig but I can look into alternate ally AI which sticks to the player a bit better if its something enough people desire.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2011 19:32
Quote: "The AI is not designed for the player to be their master."

That was a joke, but they don't move, even when the area is clear they walk one step and that is it, they will look at me and stay there.

But if that is how the AI is scripted then it's alright.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "but they don't move, even when the area is clear they walk one step and that is it, they will look at me and stay there."

How far away are you? If you're within a couple segments they won't come right up to you to avoid crowding. There may be a deeper issue though if they aren't following you after the threats are gone. I'll have to run some tests in the latest beta to know for sure since several things have been tweaked internally and could affect script behavior.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2011 20:09
Quote: "How far away are you?"

I'm like 1 segment away from them.

Eggie
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant,
Can you please explain what the difference between the appear scripts are. I know Team 1 is for a regular ally, Team 2 is for an enemy, and Team 4 is for a friendly, but what are the rest? 3, 5, and 6.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Hiya agian,

i have updated FPSC to v1.18.14 and i have added 3 characters, and so they all walk through buildings,

Ando so i then tried with the ww2 stock characters nd they work fine.

I have not downloaded your model pack since it was updated on the 31 January 2011, and so i don,t know if you have done anything else since then, and so i have not downloaded anything again yet to see if if bug has been fixed,

BTW your new pc Spec ROCKS
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
EAI sent you an email on this pack. I encourage you to read it.

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2011 23:57 Edited at: 24th Apr 2011 02:10
if i had an email from EAI how would you know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just to let you know i have not received any email

im also getting the knife bug, attacking like a gun and stabbing as you walk
Sting
Years of Service
User Offline
Errant, I'll try as much legwork as I can n keep you posted bud!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 02:53
Hi Jake, I am also having the issue that the characters stop following after enemies are killed. Aside from that, everything is working great. I can walk right up to them and start to move away, and they just stand there. Probably a minor issue. I'm glad to hear you've got a new rig, ( A nice one, buy the sound of it.)

I just got my new one up and running as well.

I didn't get the chance to tell you how much I love this pack, It totally blew me away. I'll stop back now and again to see if this issue gets a fix. Thanks for all your hard work on this, It's the best 40 bucks I've spent this year.

Have a great one my friend. Your pal, Cosmic.

2.5ghz QuadCore,4gb ram,1gb ATI graphics. Dual OS. WinXP, Win7.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2011 02:23 Edited at: 6th May 2011 02:31
hiya Errant

I have two problems and a Q. first im using FPSC 1.18,14

1, My characters do not seem to go/walk through an open door,
Script im using for door is

Start appear1.fpi
Main Doorkey.fpi
Destroy disappear1.fpi

Character Scripts used

Start 341\appear\TF341_Appear_Team1_DEFAULT.fpi
Main 341\main\TF341_Main_Default.fpi
Destroy 341\destroy\TF341_Destroy_Ragdoll_Corpse.fpi

And i have also put/used a waypoint from one side and middle of door and one on the other side of door, each waypoint are one square away from each other.

2, When aiming you cannot change weapons, is this a bug!

3, How can you make a character detect you at a further distance
because when i have them in my sites and start shooting at them, they just carry on regardless.

Thank you for any help
Thank you
Anigma
Years of Service
User Offline
I can help, spudnick (ha... spudnick... as in space potato... that's funny stuff...)

Anyway, I use TF341 characters and weapons darn near exclusively (I believe in getting my money's worth, lol) so here's what I know regarding your questions.

1. They only work with certain doors. See this post for details. I've run across a few doors in my segment bank that don't work, when that happens I just use a different door - I'm too lazy to fix the doors that don't work.

2. It's not a bug, it's a feature! I think this was done to provide a bit of extra realism, since in real life if you had to switch weapons you'd have to take the gun off of your shoulder to switch to another one. However, if you don't like that you can always try editing the gunspec.txt files to allow for it. I believe the command to change would be this one: "forcezoomout = 1" - just change it to 0 or put a semi-colon in front of it and it should allow you to change weapons when aiming (and reload while aiming also). I could be wrong tho, I've never changed this value to see what happens.

3. In the main default scripts, look for this line: ":state=1,aicanshoot=0,aiheardsound=500:aimovetosound" and change 500 to a larger number. A word of caution though, if you make the number too big your allies might "hear" an enemy in another room and try to shoot or get to it instead of the one you want them to engage. I recommend saving off a copy of the main script before making any changes so that it's easy to revert back to the stock one in case you mess anything up.

Hope that helps.

It compiled! Ship it!
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2011 00:29 Edited at: 10th May 2011 01:33
Thx Anigma,

Well i have tried your methods and things are much better
So thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 03:27:50