Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / EAImedia "OFFICIAL" TF-341 / Model Pack 53 ***bug reporting and interim fix distribution thread***

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@ errant ai i have a few questions about the tf-341 soldiers

#1 is there an update comin that allows the players to follow waypoints?

#2 can the tf-341 soldiers shoot and fire while following waypoints once there is an update?

#3 is there an update that will fix the problem with the t341 soldiers not being able to walk threw doors and up steps?

#4 also i noticed the t-341 soldiers kinda just stand there and do not enguage contact untill im like 20 feet away, but when i load up some ally soldiers to help me the enemy will start shooting from around the corner for no reason even with me out of there sights its like they sense my ally soldiers and start shooting right away?

#5 also i place enemies in random spots on the map but when i go to enguage in combat all the enemies bunch up togather in a one group instead of staying in the area that i placed them in? its like if one enemy gets shot they all run to that location?

sorry for the questions i figured i would test the soldiers out thoroughly before i ask a bunch of questions!!! well hope you can help out thanks!!!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 00:28 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 00:29
@sic1ne

1) Hopefully. It can get a bit squirrely mixing DAI and regular AI together in a practical level environment because of all the little waypoints DAI needs for traversing stairs and such. The simplest implementation allows a character to patrol waypoints when first spawned but returning them to waypointing after combat can be problematic; especially if the map has multiple layers. Another side issue is that when patrolling waypoints the AI can only easily detect the player. They have difficulty detecting opposing DAI while waypointing.

2) Not sure I understand the question but maybe I've answered that above.

3) DAI can already go through doors and up/down steps. You must have waypoints at the top and bottom of the stairs. For doors, the punch mesh name needs to start with the word "door" in order for the system to recognize where a door is. Both these things have been covered in the 1.17/1.18 documentation and in this and other threads as well.

4) If you set the character to "always active = yes" in the editor they will activate sooner. There are also script improvements in the coming update which speeds this up as well.

5) In the release version, the DAI will go to assist their teammate who is taking fire or has spotted an enemy. This has been reduced quite a bit in the revised scripts.

@Soviet176

I've been taking a bit of a break from DAI revisions because there were some serious bugs in the system. Most have since been fixed but won't be available until 1.19 is released. Official TGC side support for FPSC has been bare minimum while AppGameKit was wrapping up. Hopefully there will be an uptick in FPSC attention not too far off.

In the meantime, I've been getting back into weapons work with some R&D. Some of that can be seen in two new youtube vids here and here. I've also been gaming a bit more than I ought to lol
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks errant ai !!!! hey i have a quick question about you hands

hey i had a serious question for you i figured id post here because i do not have your email address !!!

i am currently having some custom weapons freelanced bye design runner ! he is going to sell the guns to me for a small price and he was gonna rig them to your mp 6 hands!!! but before he sells me the guns we need your permission to use your hands and if i am allowed to use your hands will i be able to make my game commercial if it turns out good enought? please please message me back dude thanks for your time!!!!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 01:23 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 01:33
@sic1ne. I think he PM'd me on youtube about this but I forgot to reply. I didn't make MP6 so you're askin the wrong guy

also; my email is below every post I make...
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 02:07 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 02:19
lol ohh wow sorry about that!!! design runner confused me thanks errant! i dont know why but the last time i looked for your email i dint see it thanks for takin the time out to answer all my questions!!!!

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 02:20
@Errant

Loving the progress you are making with those guns errant! Can't wait to see them in the store

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 03:43 Edited at: 18th Aug 2011 03:46
I still have 2 bugs that has never been fixed,

even after so many fresh installs

1st one is that task force characters randomly turn invisble, i have used these as in spawning from a trigger zone with the appear2 script.

2nd one is when you have killed them and you goto take the weapon and they all are also invisible, but you can still pick it up if you walk over the weapon, even tho you can't see it.

is this a known problem to others, or am i just unlucky.

I'am not GOD but i can make you see again by taking my fingers out of your eyes and i can make you walk again by taking your beer away, but if you take my beer you will not walk again
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
@spudnick

It's not just you. Both are known and officially listed in the bug database (issues 105 and 108). The weapon problem has reportedly been fixed and the invisible char bug is still open (apparently happens with any shader character other than bumpbone.fx if more than one is placed in the map).

@Soviet176

Thanks man
n64
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2011 14:05
Hello Mr Errant AI,

I will purchase this model pack, but I would like to know if after i purchase it, can you send me via email the original 3dsmax file animated with skeleton? Just 1 (one) model is sufficent to me, it even can be without any textures, i just want to use those animations (and also those rigged bones) in my characters models. I already have all the characters modelled for my game, but they aren`t animated yet. And when i saw the showcase video of this model pack, man, i say congratulations, you have done an excellent job! Those animations are in the same level of quality of Counter Strike Source!

Best Regards

n64
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
In the meantime, I've been getting back into weapons work with some R&D. Some of that can be seen in two new youtube vids here and here. I've also been gaming a bit more than I ought to lol

are you working on a new model pack of guns for tgc? because thoose guns above look amazing!! the ammo counter on the mp7 is 2 cool!!

its the little things that make a difference like the gun animations ,gun cammo and folding stocks like the scorpion vz that is one of my favorite guns because the fold out stock looks cool and its fun to open and close.

i also noticed that most of the guns in the model packs that are on the tgc store are pretty much regular black textures kinda plane!!! i dunno i was bored and saw your guns so it got me thinking about weapons and guns that tgc currently has but if you are making a pack maybe you could keep in mind a few suggestions i have above about different cammo and animated stocks and stuff well thats all lol

angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 23:25
Is it possible to add more animations? I know there are tonnes of them, I just bought it and I'm sure you have a lot on your hands but:

If you could have standing typing or standing tinkering animations, or perhaps laying under a vehicle performing rapairs it would be very good for what I am working on. You have a lot of animations in there and they trump anything anybody else has done already though.

I appear to have burst into flames...
Slayer267
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2011 02:02
Theres one where the Players team mates don't follow the player. Fix plz?

EPIC HELP! EPIC PWNAGE

www.fpschelp.webs.com
kulet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 10:40
Errant, is it ok if I will re texture some soldiers from mp53 for my homemade game? Just asking and thinking. By the way, how can I contact you, I will be needing your help badly, I am wiling to pay you/give you salary if the project of mine will be approved. Need to have a talented animator like you. Need some hiphop guy and the design will be coming from us. mail me or reply here thanks in advance.

it seems Im hacked
Help bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 09:28 Edited at: 8th Sep 2011 11:16
Problem:
How do you increase the range in which the ai activates. Because im working with big outdoors maps and the enemys are just sitting there with there backs to me.
Often as soon as they see me they will turn around and walk back. And if I walk upto them they will constantly reload until im really close. Thats when they will shoot. Can someone show me a code snipit of the full auto shoot file. Because I edited it a little to try and lower the rate of fire but I think I stuffed a few things up

Comment
I am very impressed with the quality of this pack.
People say its too expensive.
But your paying for; models , animations , sounds , AI & Weapons all to a very high quality.
so its well worth the $40
Help bugs!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2011 09:34 Edited at: 8th Sep 2011 09:40
Quote: "Theres one where the Players team mates don't follow the player. Fix plz?"

Pretty sure team 4 wont follow the player but will still attack enemys
angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2011 03:12
while the characters are walking along waypoints they slow down and speed up randomly, like when you try to walk against a dead leavebody.fpi corpse and then they go normal speed and slow down again. What am I doing wrong here?

angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 06:05
sorry for the double post, but is this thread being replied to by errant anymore?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the lack of replies in this thread as of late. I'm still collecting information from here which has been provided by users considering various issues. However, there's not much I can do about it at this time. As most of you know, Lee is busy with AppGameKit these days and there are no programmers assigned to work on FPSC for the time being. As such, my hands are relatively tied until v1.19 can be properly worked on.

Quote: "I would like to know if after i purchase it, can you send me via email the original 3dsmax file animated with skeleton?"

No. Native files are not being made available at this time. Something like bipeds may be made available in the future but for now, it's not something I can do at this price-point.

Quote: "are you working on a new model pack of guns for tgc?"

Maybe. It depends on some work that I need to have outsourced in order to achieve what I have in mind.

Quote: "its the little things that make a difference like the gun animations ,gun cammo and folding stocks like the scorpion vz that is one of my favorite guns because the fold out stock looks cool and its fun to open and close."

People either seem to love or hate this sort of stuff but it's something I'll keep in mind.

Quote: "Theres one where the Players team mates don't follow the player. Fix plz?"

Guys... Please try to be a little less vague. There's no way I can address an issue like this on a pack of this size without specific information.

Quote: "Errant, is it ok if I will re texture some soldiers from mp53 for my homemade game?"

That is totally fine. In fact you guys are free to share retextures of MP53 assets among yourselves, as far as I'm concerned. Just don't share the actual models, sounds, etc. but texture and fpe sharing is OK by me.

Quote: "How do you increase the range in which the ai activates. Because im working with big outdoors maps and the enemys are just sitting there with there backs to me. "

Set the character to always active = yes in the editor.

Quote: "while the characters are walking along waypoints they slow down and speed up randomly, like when you try to walk against a dead leavebody.fpi corpse and then they go normal speed and slow down again. What am I doing wrong here?"

You may not be correctly suspending dark AI when you put the AI into waypoint pathing mode... There is a fix that is already in the source which will help with this but it won't be available until v1.19 is out.

I apologize to all for the inconvenience. I was hoping everything would be smooth sailing after v1.18 release but that wasn't exactly the case. Thanks for hanging in there.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
hey errant ai i set the soldiers to always active and im still getting the same results they kinda just stand there and do not attack from any further! also i spread the soldiers out all around my level in different spots and if i shoot one enemy all the enemies come rushing to the same spot and bunch up? thanks for the replys this pack is awsome!

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi sic1ne,

This could be partially because there was a bug released in 1.18 that broke/changed the way that DAI listens for enemy sounds. Sound detection was a big part of how the release version of MP53 DAI detects enemies that are behind them or otherwise not in direct view. There was also a sripting routine that caused nearby DAI ro come to the assistance of their friends who were being shot or engaging an enemy. This is what's causing them to bunch up.

In the revised AI, the assisting has been greatly reduced and the detection greatly improved. Unfortunately, it's no use to release any update at this time because the current public version of FPSC does not support the revised scripting techniques I've implemented.
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 01:58 Edited at: 1st Oct 2011 02:20
ok gotcha!!!! what is dai? hey errant im going to post a video of what im mean so you can see what im talking about!! also you said sound detection is a big thing would that mean that if the soldier had his back turned to me and i fired a shot in his direction he would turn around and know that im there because of the shot fired??

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
DAI = Dark AI

Quote: "you said sound detection is a big thing would that mean that if the soldier had his back turned to me and i fired a shot in his direction he would turn around and know that im there because of the shot fired?"

Correct. At least, in theory. However, the engine handling for it is not perfect because various sounds that DAI can hear are not segregated in any way. That means shooting, reloading, walking, etc all produce the same level of noise as far as DAI is concerned.
angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2011 20:01
I tried putting "isdarkai=0" into the patrol script, then saved it as a separate script. This doesn't seem to be the suspend dai command I need, do I need to go into the source and edit something? Because I have very little experience modding.

Bestorio
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 12:03 Edited at: 18th Oct 2011 15:22
are there more poses?

i would like the anim108 GROUND SLUMP IDLE as one of them.

EDIT: also, how can i stop the enemies from being pushed?
(i can push them around)

angusm3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2011 17:35
all you have to do is go into the poses folder, choose any fpi and edit the number inside then save it as whateverpose.fpi

Dreamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2011 01:54
Errant, great job and great pack, worth every penny!! The only request I have so far, is that you would allow me to use this pack with the Torque Game Engine also. I would have to covert them to a dts format, requiring I need the bipeds for 3dsmax, but wouldnt want anything else, but to use these great characters with Torque too. I bet you could make a bundle of money over there to, with this pack and the included animations. I use this engine with my son and Torque for myself. Any help would be great and thanks again for a great pack, I know were gonna use it in our game built with FPSC.....Donnie

Dreams Unlimited!!
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 00:02
@EAI: Firstly, thank you for creating such a wonderful model pack with so many features and, in comparison to the other model packs, making it inexpensive and therefore attainable for those of us with less cash flow.

[offtopic] If you think this pack is too expensive, think about it his way. We'll use Bond1's character pricing as the standard for discussion puposes. On the TGC store, Bond1 charges $1/character (at least in the human folder). Additionally, the EAI weapons in his weapon packs run on average $1.33 each ($20 for 15 weapons). 117 characters X $1 = $117. $1.33 X 10 player weapons = $13.30. $117 + 13.30 = $130.30 The pack is ONLY $40. (!!!) Anymore complaints?

[/offtopic]

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I am trying to write a script that will make the character use the type animation:

When I give the character the script, they just stand their in the idle shield position. Any ideas for a fix?

Thank you,
Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
TheDesertEagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 02:11
Weird it takes mac donalds 45 cents to make there food costs us about...5$
takes more to make lemme bold this... 1 Model Pack
alot more AND ITS 40$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joey-May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
Favourite Game-Call Of Duty MW2
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 02:44 Edited at: 17th Nov 2011 02:47
@Bestorio There isn't really any way to avoid that. It's part of the hardcoded collision avoidance of Dark AI. Otherwise they are likely to push the player out of the level. If the character is meant to stand in one place (like blocking an exit) You may be able to use a looped combination of aistop and freeze actions to immobilise them.

@Dreamin It takes some work but it is possible to convert .x to alternate formats. I am not currently offering max files or bipeds at this time because it doesn't make sense at this price point. It's something I may consider later, however.

@Captain Coder I tried your script and it worked just fine. (screen attached) Are you using an older mod or anything like that? That animation requires the v1.17 animation failsafe to work correctly because it appears only once in the model's timeline (as opposed to being repeated four times at intervals as the old system required).

Thanks guys for the continuing support. I really appreciate it, especially in this crap economy. Seeing as s4real has kindly uploaded current exe builds, I may be able to release some improved AI scripts for you all to try... perhaps early next week.
At the moment I'm a bit busy doing some freelance work (gotta pick up some extra scratch so that I can keep prices here affordable and get my next FPSC pack underway

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 02:54
Quote: "117 characters X $1 = $117"

There is not 117 characters in this pack, there id about 4 to 5, there is diffrent versions of each character, so if you want to say well thease also are characters and can be counted as I sway no they cant.

just as it says in the sells pitch in bonds packs.here is a good example

23 fantasy themed characters for your FPS Creator games. Each character comes in two versions,

So then there is only 10 new ones and not 23,I do not count diffrent colored or diffrent animations as 2 new models,its the same model,its just diffrent.

But in all this pack here, is well worth the money, just the quality alone is worth it.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 03:06
Quote: "get my next FPSC pack underway"

Oh lawds :Q___

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 03:16 Edited at: 17th Nov 2011 03:17
Technically there are 40 individual .x files for characters in MP53. 39 human plus 1 bot though yes they're mostly variations of a handful of distinct styles with 3 texture versions for each. Still I'd say it's a dang good deal compared to some artists (outside of FPSC) who sell a lot less for a lot more (granted, they include native files most of the time).

MP53 was always meant to be a "loss-leader" to introduce the community to a large selection of a new kind of character and AI system but the shaky advancement of FPSC has sort of thrown a wrench into that plan.
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 03:47
what is your next pack gonna be?
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 04:17 Edited at: 17th Nov 2011 04:17
My next major pack will be a blend of modern, hyper-modern and sci-fi weapons along with a handful of futuristic (but realistic)characters. The goal will be to more or less create an end cap to my media thus far.

The end result will give developers the ability to do classic FPS weapon progressions where the player starts off a game with everyday kinds of weapons and by the end has hardware that's a bit more fantastic and powerful... So you can expect to see a mix of modern weapons with sci-fi-ish accessories, reality-based prototype style weapons and a couple wholly made up things of my own design. My biggest hurdle with it right now (other than time) is that I need to load up dark shader and learn enough about HLSL to be able to cobble together a weapon shader which supports self-illumination/glow mapping so that I can pull off the effects I have in mind (boo hoo it was so simple in PB lol).

I still plan to release some more characters and weapons via GCS once FPSC is looking solid with 1.19 or better but the next pack will be as outlined above. Once I feel I have provided you guys with enough resources for a dynamic weapons progression I'll be happy enough to basically retire my MP9/10 rigs, evaluate what I've learned over the years here and move forward from there.
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 06:18
Sounds awesome and I can not wait. Also do you have an idea of a price. Love all your stuff.
JimmySlayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 08:12
Just a quick note to any who are experiencing problems with their characters not following them at all, or are only following them until they become seemingly stuck by an invisible wall at the end of the segment they are standing on.
Model Pack 3 floor segments do not work with this pack as they should. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I placed a character on a common ground segment in the same level in the same location as he would normally be, and he followed me as I wanted him to. If I removed the ground he would be stuck as stated.
One thing I noticed (not sure if this is a possible cause), is that the common ground segment is higher than the Model Pack 3 ones. Also for some reason my Model Pack 3 entities always spawn physically higher in the editor than they should, but when I move them back to ground level they appear at a level beneath (if you get my drift). Not sure if this has anything to do with the following problem, but hopefully if anyone is experiencing the same problem, they can know that to fix it, simply don't place your TF341 characters on Model Pack 3 floors. This could possibly be the same for other packs too.

Hope I helped some
Also Errant, amazing pack
Dreamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 18:21
Errant AI, I need your permission to use the character models in the Torque Game Engine. Having the max and bipeds would be great, but Id still have to re-rig them for the torque format so I really dont per say need the max or biped files, just would of made it easier to load the max models in and reapply the biped animations to the new rig, but as long as I can use the models, that would be great and like I already stated, for those who wish to buy this pack for fpscreator, do so, its worth every penny and more. Awsome job Errant and me and my son are using these guys in our fpscreator game he and I are working on. Looking forward to more releases and be a future customer of your work. If you get the time to think about a price for the max and biped files, please let me know, Im interested in buying it for more animations in both engines.....Donnie

Dreams Unlimited!!
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 18:48
Dreamin, if I am not mistaking, all model packs purchased through TGC allow you to use the media where ever you like (including other engines), long as you are not reselling the media itself or claiming the work as your own you can convert the files to whatever format you need.

And Here Is A Penguin:
FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 18:56 Edited at: 17th Nov 2011 19:00
Hi Donnie. You actually don't need my permission for that

When you buy an official FPSC model pack you are allowed to use the assets in any game project you develop in any engine you choose. You may also modify the assets in any manner you desire. The only restriction is that the assets are to be compiled/packed into the end product and that the end product is "a game" and not "game making software" (or the things John mentioned). That said, I don't mind at all if devs. use my media in one engine or another be it official packs or the stuff I sell on GCS. The caveat being that I only can give technical support for FPSC.

I hope this clarifies the matter. Best wishes on your projects and thanks for the kind words. It's good to hear of families developing games together!

-xposted with That Guy John curse my lazy typing lol
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2011 21:18
That sounds amazing Errant I can't wait to see what you make!

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Will this pack get a re-release? I wanted to buy it but this thread, makes me think twice. How many downloads, after purchase till it works correctly? I do understand bug issues but this is an official pack.

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 00:52
@ Zwarte - I bought this pack on it's release date. Other than the knife shooting (which was fixed right away), Every single thing in the pack works great for me. I am currently using them in the 1.19 unofficial release with no issues. I did notice that not only these, but all characters are having trouble with random floor segments, but I think that it is the 1.19 unofficial release and not the characters as they worked before. But it is worth every penny.
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 00:56 Edited at: 18th Nov 2011 01:01
@raymondlee306, Thank You, Have you tested it in v 1.18 that is what I'm using? So it works graet in beta tests of 1.19, Really isn't helping my decision. Also did you have to download any fixes.

example. If I go to the store to buy say "gouda cheese" I don't want to have to go back to the store, because they sold me "white Cheddar", just to here take this culture home and stir it in, Then you will have "gouda cheese"..

"I would rather make a bad model, instead of pirate a great one" MY DAD "Now let's Make some Models" me "If you don't make it don't post it"
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
He if he bought it on release, that means he got it when 1.18 was just released if not before. The pack technically functions in 1.18 but not as well as I would like it to.

On a side note, I've been running tests with the unofficial 1.19 build and things seem to be working smoothly with the upgraded scripts. Granted, the 1.18 unofficial builds worked better than the release version. So, there's no real way to predict when FPSC will have an official version update that works flawlessly with the pack but when that does happen, there will be an official MP53 update uploaded to TGC.
Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank You Errant AI, I will probably buy it when the update to v1.19 of fpsc is released, it looks really FUN.

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 06:42
Yea I can't wait to dive into those scripts errant. You have me all excited thinking about them. So the scripts will not be released until there is an official 1.19?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
No. I'll release them here for you guys when I've completed some more stress testing. They just won't be updated in the pack DL on TGC until after 1.19. That way I can get some feedback and do some more tweaking if needed and you won't have to wait so long.
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2011 07:57
That's amazing to hear. Thanks a lot Errant for your continued awesomesauce products to TGC. Can't wait to buy the next pack. Consider it... #occupyErrant.

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 00:37 Edited at: 19th Nov 2011 00:42
@EAI:

Quote: "I tried your script and it worked just fine."

Stupid me, I forgot to change the start script to the regular "appear1" instead of using the TF 341 start script. Thanks for trying!

Quote: "I may be able to release some improved AI scripts for you all to try... perhaps early next week"

If you can do this, that would be great!

Speaking of scripts, I am trying to write my own for TF 341, the following specifically:

Doesn't need to be check up on by EAI; any help is appreciated. All the character does is walk towards enemy characters when he hears them die. And when he dies, he goes into a stack position and slides around when you shoot at him. Additionally, if any explosions go off very near him, he will rotate to them even when dead. I might just try again but for use with normal characters. Thanks for all the work EAI!

@Daniel Wright 2311:

Quote: "there is diffrent versions of each character"

True, but the textures are high quality - at least some of the textures are 2048 X 2048. It takes skill to be able to make characters, including the textures. Besides, I was reffering to the characters Bond1 sells on the TGC store, as I didn't want to try to calculate the individual value of each character in a pack I don't have.

I personally count different textures as different characters simply because they can easily work as a different character in a story - plus I am no computer artist and can't make my own, as of yet. I will take as many realistic/good looking texture variations as I can get my hands on for the sake of being able to reuse the same model repeatedly in the same game, w/o going to an outside source.

But we agree on one thing:

Quote: "But in all this pack here, is well worth the money, just the quality alone is worth it."

Quote: "Still I'd say it's a dang good deal compared to some artists (outside of FPSC) who sell a lot less for a lot more "

You betcha!

Quote: "#occupyErrant"

? ? ?

Thanks EAI!
Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Speaking of scripts, I am trying to write my own for TF 341, the following specifically:"

When you're writing DAI scripts, "show entity game information" (in preferences) is a great help because you can see what state they are in when they get locked up like that. Don't have time for a firsthand look now but just looking at the script it does not appear to have anything to call up the shoot script when he sees an enemy. I only see a shoot trigger when he is shot. As for walking to a dead enemy, it is possibly because your script has respondtocall actions which may be getting triggered (I've taken most of those out of the revised scripts because they caused lemming-like bunching-up). The original scripts usually had a sort of "death cry" scripted in so that their friends would be alerted to the action (this too has been changed)... But he shouldn't be responding to an enemy call. Also, make sure you have a corresponding shoot script assigned and that the death script isn't keeping them alive somehow.

As for your omissions in the snippet; don't worry about it. It's fine by me for users to share/exchange modified scripts. Modified textures are OK to share as well, for those that wish to.

Quote: "#occupyErrant"

LOL I hope that doesn't make me the 1%

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 01:47:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 01:47:13